• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
You are forgetting a lot of people... Making a list like that won't do you any good.
I'm sorry, I didn't want to neglect anybody by doing this list, I just thought it would be good to write more than the classical top 5 list almost everybody here agrees on. I based the list I did, first on personal opinions, but mostly on results of recent big tournaments such as Pound. That's why I wrote I might have forgotten people, because they might not have entered these tournaments so their names did not come to my mind immediately.

I don't know if it can reassure you or anything, but you deserve to be in my list imo, and I'd be very glad if you traveled to Europe for a tournament, and it would be a great motivation for me to move myself to the tournament.

Edit: <3

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm sorry, I didn't want to neglect anybody by doing this list, I just thought it would be good to write more than the classical top 5 list almost everybody here agrees on. I based the list I did, first on personal opinions, but mostly on results of recent big tournaments such as Pound. That's why I wrote I might have forgotten people, because they might not have entered these tournaments so their names did not come to my mind immediately.

I don't know if it can reassure you or anything, but you deserve to be in my list imo, and I'd be very glad if you traveled to Europe for a tournament, and it would be a great motivation for me to move myself to the tournament.
Perhaps I'll consider it once i get money. =)

MasterShake

Smash Lord
well yes, most regionals have very good players, so what is your point? i just don't think a bracket with rubyiris is one worthy of top level comparison
Rubyiris is not bad...he's a pretty smart player. And that bracket was pretty stacked. Jman Lucky Zhu Hbox Semi-trying Mango SS Fly Shroomed etc...that's a good number of top level players at a regional tournament.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Rubyiris is not bad...he's a pretty smart player. And that bracket was pretty stacked. Jman Lucky Zhu Hbox Semi-trying Mango SS Fly Shroomed etc...that's a good number of top level players at a regional tournament.
compare with pound 4 where hugs doesn't make it. not really comparable imo

DJRome

Smash Hero
okay, but i was making the point that we're talking about the highest level (i.e. the best players) and i fail to see how fly getting 5th at a regional supports him being worthy of comparison. im not saying that tournament wasn't stacked, but in the end, it's a moot point since fly didn't even get top 3 at the regional

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i'm not saying fly should be top 5 on anyone's list. i'm saying the "it's a regional" justification is limited, particularly when he defeated and out-placed one of the top players at the tournament in question.

edit: limited in this instance

and i'm also just showing regional bias :p

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
whats the reasoning for jman above axe? especially if people think they are right next to each other...id think beating somebody at two nationals would make a difference.

kinda feel the same way about axe hax.

I know amsah ***** and ****, but as far as being fair does he really deserve to be that high? imo top ten for sure, but I def think he has ample competition for spots 6-9

DJRome

Smash Hero
ja, i know. but the whole point is that hbox lost to a lesser opponent, not a comparable one such as armada. and that he only placed top 5 at that regional is evidence of fly's lesser status. not to knock him, but it's just very likely he is not in that top tier based on the evidence so far

JPOBS

Smash Hero
whats the reasoning for jman above axe?
well its quite simple.

jman has quite a few top 10 and numerous top 5 finishes at national and international tournaments, as well as a number 1 placing at DGDTJ.

Axe to his credit, has 2 top fives, and 2 direct victories over jman.

jman has been more consistent, with more top placings, over a longer period of time than axe has. In a direct matchup, axe has proven to be able to beat jman, but a rankings list is also about how to do against everyone in the world.

I think given the stats, jman being ranked higher than axe is more than reasonable for the time being.

The King

Smash Ace
AY!!

I had the worst tournament of my life that day :(
I'm 90% certain that I could make a post about HugS in the Poke Center subforum in The Steelix Room thread, and he'd still find it to respond to it within 20 minutes. I swear you've got like a Blackberry App scanning the internet for your name, rofl.

On-topic Mango #1 for life.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm 90% certain that I could make a post about HugS in the Poke Center subforum in The Steelix Room thread, and he'd still find it to respond to it within 20 minutes. I swear you've got like a Blackberry App scanning the internet for your name, rofl.

On-topic Mango #1 for life.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

My smashboards days always start off with a name search. Idk what you want from me LOOL

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well its quite simple.

jman has quite a few top 10 and numerous top 5 finishes at national and international tournaments, as well as a number 1 placing at DGDTJ.

Axe to his credit, has 2 top fives, and 2 direct victories over jman.

jman has been more consistent, with more top placings, over a longer period of time than axe has. In a direct matchup, axe has proven to be able to beat jman, but a rankings list is also about how to do against everyone in the world.

I think given the stats, jman being ranked higher than axe is more than reasonable for the time being.
Maybe its just me. Yes Jman does go hard, but I just kinda feel that recent occurrences and tournaments are more important. Idk, I just feel like there comes a time when the past is the past, the only reason Id continue to say Mango is still #1 is because currently, top players say he is the best. I dont consider Ken/Isai top players just because they have impressive pasts, even M2ks past is behind him. Currently he is ~5th.

Even then DGDTJ was just a regional, I agree with alot of ppl when they say the tournament itself means a bit less of an impact, tho it still counted.

I always try to scope ppls achievements within reason....I pretty much took Genesis until now.

D

Deleted member

hbox lost to a few non top competitors? he was sick as **** and s2j is one of the best falcons out, not sure what you meant by that... who else did he lose to? don't matta that boy was sick as dark's combo vid
for the record, don't think hbox was sick until the last day and I $2 mm'ed him day before

in my opinion though seemed like he was messing up a lot of stuff he wouldn't normally. definitely gave me some free hits

and he beat me in a $1 mm afterwards and right after that, in pools (super gay). really felt like he adjusted to my weird style so i just need to be better to win. Hbox is pretty good

what I remember most after the 2nd money match was him viciously snatching my dollar after the set looool

i have my upsets here and there though.. better player loses sometimes

--

sick list biglard but i'm not quite on the same level as KK, zhu, lucky, fly, hugs. i have some horrid matchup problems and still one of the worst edgeguarders in the world. fly probably has a better peach game than me

some others who also fit in your category are people like eggm, cactuar, the canadians, the shieks, other talented east coast foxes, darkrain/ss/scar/gg7 etc. lots of others

i'm just a top 4-6 falcon for now

so 17th at p5, satisfied with it for now, obviously aimed way higher but it's a miracle i got out of my round 3 pool

I could possibly get top 10 at a national if I get gifted with a great bracket but i'd rather just get there by being better

---

i think axe is underappreciated.. might be the pikachu hype fading but he puts up very good results

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
for the record, don't think hbox was sick until the last day and I $2 mm'ed him day before

in my opinion though seemed like he was messing up a lot of stuff he wouldn't normally. definitely gave me some free hits

and he beat me in a $1 mm afterwards and right after that, in pools (super gay). really felt like he adjusted to my weird style so i just need to be better to win. Hbox is pretty good

what I remember most after the 2nd money match was him viciously snatching my dollar after the set looool

i have my upsets here and there though.. better player loses sometimes

--

sick list biglard but i'm not quite on the same level as KK, zhu, lucky, fly, hugs. i have some horrid matchup problems and still one of the worst edgeguarders in the world. fly probably has a better peach game than me

some others who also fit in your category are people like eggm, cactuar, the canadians, the shieks, other talented east coast foxes, darkrain/ss/scar/gg7 etc. lots of others

i'm just a top 4-6 falcon for now

so 17th at p5, satisfied with it for now, obviously aimed way higher but it's a miracle i got out of my round 3 pool

I could possibly get top 10 at a national if I get gifted with a great bracket but i'd rather just get there by being better

---

i think axe is underappreciated.. might be the pikachu hype fading but he puts up very good results
And this is why douchers shouldn't ban you.

Sick post.

My smashboards days always start off with a name search. Idk what you want from me LOOL
='((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Maybe its just me. Yes Jman does go hard, but I just kinda feel that recent occurrences and tournaments are more important. Idk, I just feel like there comes a time when the past is the past, the only reason Id continue to say Mango is still #1 is because currently, top players say he is the best. I dont consider Ken/Isai top players just because they have impressive pasts, even M2ks past is behind him. Currently he is ~5th.

Even then DGDTJ was just a regional, I agree with alot of ppl when they say the tournament itself means a bit less of an impact, tho it still counted.

I always try to scope ppls achievements within reason....I pretty much took Genesis until now.
Yes, I also took genesis until now

and in that 2.5 year time period, everything i said still remains true. I guess the fact that axe just got 4th at pound (a tourny jman didnt attend) weighs heavily on peoples hearts, no surprise.

but then you turn around and say DGDTJ was just a regional, where jman won, and axe got only 17th.

im not really seeing your point at all. :glare:

edit: i hate talking about this cuz i come off as a axe hater when im really not at all, im just trying to be objective :urg:

strawhats

Smash Master
IMO, within the next few months to a yr. PP/Hbox/Axe/Jman/Hax will the top5 players in NA once M2K, and Mango become almost non existent in the tournament scene aka retirement.

Zone

Smash Champion

I wish I could name search myself :(. My name leads to too many bs threads that have nothing to do with me so I'll never catch someone talking smack about me :(

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yes, I also took genesis until now

and in that 2.5 year time period, everything i said still remains true. I guess the fact that axe just got 4th at pound (a tourny jman didnt attend) weighs heavily on peoples hearts, no surprise.

but then you turn around and say DGDTJ was just a regional, where jman won, and axe got only 17th.

im not really seeing your point at all. :glare:

edit: i hate talking about this cuz i come off as a axe hater when im really not at all, im just trying to be objective :urg:
I get what ur saying. I was only looking at the fact that ppl post list like

6 jman
7 axe

or 6 jman/axe

its kinda like AR hbox....ppl place AR above Hbox even tho AR has never won, and Hbox pretty much places well, but most recently AR has come out on top when they played and hbox has lost to some players u would expect a top 3 person to beat.

(imo)Objectively I would look at who they won and lost too, and then placing. which is why I think Axe may be above Jman. If ppl put them so close I just kinda think directly beating somebody would place you above them, or at least equal unless their other accomplishments are that impressive(imo) Unless somebody is willing to make an argument for MU johns, or that Axe just counters jman style wise or something o.0

thats all I was saying really, not even that its a big deal or anything. Jman not being there didnt hurt him, Axe doing well only helped him. In the end, they are both mad good, Id just have to root for WC tho.

Also, Im willing to admit that its possible that Jmans victories and losses stack up higher than Axe's, I didnt actually lookk in depth at either players tournament history, I jus assumed other ppl had some reason for placing them so close together which led me to my question.

And nobody thinks ur an Axe hater :) lol,

D

Deleted member

ken from 2006 would get scraped , any old pro really

but if they tried their best and adapted to current metagame.. maybe not

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
yeah it would be sick to see Ken train with someone like m2k/pp/mango for a few months and then come to a few tourneys. If he played hbox he'd be like WTF no fthrow fsmash? no side-b utilt? wtf happened? haha

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Scar is mad good.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the best falcon. I just got a full-time job and will probably not play as much anymore. Scar has got this.

What happened to Scar :( ???
he was doing really well and then he moves to the west coast and his skill level dropped :( :( :(

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i respect axe 110% hes mad good

just like im sure he respect my skill lvl

he beat me both times we played and got 5th at a tourney i was not at so i can understand why he is above me in some of your list

but just dont 4get how long i have been placing good at tourneys thats all im saying

but anyway @ dr peepeei have been trying to quit but its way to hard to quit this game for some reason lol

Top Bottom