• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

DJRome

Smash Hero
i find that older tournaments don't matter that much since people improve really fast in this metagame.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not traveling all that much makes everyone think you are lower level for some reason.. it's really stupid, like that I said when I came to NY, we all know as top players our skill level and respect each other that way.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yea u right kage

but i guess your right djrome zhu luckey r deff not top lvl >_<

i just want to no what is top lvl to u because a tourney where hbox ss axe thj and many more very good players is top lvl tourney to me but hey thats just me

Velox

Smash Ace
yea u right kage

but i guess your right djrome zhu luckey r deff not top lvl >_<

i just want to no what is top lvl to u because a tourney where hbox ss axe thj and many more very good players is top lvl tourney to me but hey thats just me
he's saying that you would have had to play yourself.

and **** him.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
me playing my self in a fox ditto would have to be the must boring match ever i would never attack my self first so it would be a star wars battle the whole time LMAO

DJRome

Smash Hero
sigh, that's why i said dgdtj is not a good one to use

i would love to put jman in the top but of the top, he has not beaten m2k, armada, pp, amsah, axe, mango (srsly) in the past year except pp once at apex. and axe m2k are already a distinct level below the other 4 so i don't see how jman should be anything higher than 7 at most

edit: jman, did u play hugs at all? i kind of want to see that.

D

Deleted member

my argument for jman > axe is that jman is definitely more consistent in running deep. Axe has his off days, i've never seen Jman severely underperform. His style like PP's perfect for consistency

very close though, when Axe is on a good day he goes deep

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Axe got fourth at Pound 5 and Apex I believe?

How is that not running deep? This entire thread sounds like a broken record. People already know who the best are, there's no need to keep repeating the facts.

Velox

Smash Ace
Yeah he got top 5 at Pound 5 and Apex, he's really really really good with the rat. Two in a row at a national is pretty consistent. If he places high at Genesis then he's great (really really really good < great).

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Dr. Peepee and Armada are both champions, (Dr.PeePee is the senior champ cause of P5) and then the top 4 is Hungrybox, Amsah, Axe, Jman?

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
Armada, Hungrybox, Mango, Dr. PP, M2K are all great players.

Mango only loses so much because he doesn't use his best characters. He still shows how good he is in friendlies and teams; he's just not the best with every character like he's trying to be.

M2K is kinda washed up and doesn't do well in singles anymore, but he could do better if he really wanted.

Armada, Hbox, Mango, and Dr. PP are probably the best 4 in 1v1s while Mango and M2K still excel the most in teams because they're such smart players.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why, but I imagine HMW as Prof Oak. And he would say things like "I came when I heard you beat the elite four, but then you got your *** wooped" to the former champion.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Gary = Mango (Can be good and bad)
Elite Four Top 1-4
1 = Dr PP (2 good)
2 = Armada (Also 2 good)
3 = Hbox(He knows his ****)
4 = M2K(Getting old and not at top anymore)

EXTRA:
Gym leader:
Brock = Kage(Both are epic! <3)

Beat!

Smash Master
PP, Armada AND M2K (and Amsah, I think?) all say that Mango's still the best, and they all have first-hand experience. How the hell can anyone question it?

Just let G2 set things straight.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
All you have to do is watch Mango play and you will see who the best player is, not to take away from anyone else at all.

1)Mango
2)Dr. PP
3)Armada
4-5)Hbox/M2K (Because of recent results)
6)Jman
7)Axe
8-10)Kirbykaze/Hax/Shiz(Damn right)/Hugs/Vanz/Lucky/Shroomed/Zhu/Kage...so many more that could go in these 3 spots, I feel like the top 7 I have is pretty solid though.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Elite Four (5)
Gary mother ****ing Oak- Mango

Lance- Dr. PP
Agatha- Armada (lol)
Bruno- Hbox
Lorelei- M2k

Gym leaders:

Giovanni- Amsah
Blaine- Jman
Sabrina- Zhu
Koga- Hax
Erika- Axe
Lt Surge- Lucky
Misty- Cactuar
Brock- Darkrain

t3h Icy

Smash Master
0. Mango
1. Dr. Peepee
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. Mew2king
5. Amsah
6. Jman
7. Axe
8-X. Darc/Darkrain/Fly Amanita/Hax/Kirbykaze/Lucky/MacD/Remen/Tope/Vanz/Wobbles/Zhu

?. Calle W/Cosmo/Hack/Ice/Javi/Pasi/Tuga

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Elite Four (5)

Lance- Dr. PP
Agatha- Armada (lol)
Bruno- Hbox
Lorelei- M2k

Gym leaders:

Giovanni- Amsah
Blaine- Jman
Sabrina- Zhu
Koga- Hax
Erika- Axe
Lt Surge- Lucky
Misty- Cactuar
Brock- Darkrain
this post gave me a boner

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Elite Four (5)

Lance- Dr. PP
Agatha- Armada (lol)
Bruno- Hbox
Lorelei- M2k

Gym leaders:

Giovanni- Amsah
Blaine- Jman
Sabrina- Zhu
Koga- Hax
Erika- Axe
Lt Surge- Lucky
Misty- Cactuar
Brock- Darkrain

loooooollll

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Elite Four (5)

Lance- Dr. PP
Agatha- Armada (lol)
Bruno- Hbox
Lorelei- M2k

Gym leaders:

Giovanni- Amsah
Blaine- Jman
Sabrina- Zhu
Koga- Hax
Erika- Axe
Lt Surge- Lucky
Misty- Cactuar
Brock- Darkrain
Hax over Axe? wtf?

PP, Armada AND M2K (and Amsah, I think?) all say that Mango's still the best, and they all have first-hand experience. How the hell can anyone question it?

Just let G2 set things straight.
Armada hasn't said Mango is the best since Pound 5, and if I remember correctly PP doesn't think he is the best anymore either(PP was even beating Mango at P5). It's actually kind of obvious why people question it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Armada, Hungrybox, Mango, Dr. PP, M2K are all great players.

Mango only loses so much because he doesn't use his best characters. He still shows how good he is in friendlies and teams; he's just not the best with every character like he's trying to be.
I would call bullcrap on that because I have defeated his 2 best chars before which means all the top players have just as equal shots than I did before. And then that would also mean he cannot be the best anymore until he wrecks everyone again somehow.. =P

Top Bottom