• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Exactly. That's why I always train against lvl 3 cpus. Lvl 9 ones are just too hard to beat =/

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Gravy just a warning, regardless how good you think you are, 95% of people get wrecked at their first tourney so dont be discouraged if it happens. Look at your first few as learning experiences.
Good advice. Human intuition is limited by hindsight bias and overconfidence, so I'm trying to be more objective. Besides, for the first few tournaments I would want to be there for the experience.

Also, CPUs are just so weird. Excessive powershielding and instant reaction time kinda makes them difficult. I kinda wish there was a hack or mod that made CPUs more human-like. Or at least have them not die every single time delfino changes.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I actually 3 stock any lvl9 almost everytime i play them, sometimes 2 stock. After you learn how to mess with the cpu's mind its easy hahaha.

BSP

Smash Legend
Even though they'll PS stuff and punish you hard, lvl 9's are still going to airdodge after every hit/throw/anything. It's pretty easy to start and keep a chain on them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you only abuse the obvious flaws of the computer than you dont really learn anything from fighting them.

its better for you to avoid using things like that to beat them (if you are going to actually use cpus to train) and fight them in other ways.

that way it helps you to learn more and better faster.

you only need to practice punishing airdodges so much...

HotWings

Smash Ace
Wow joe i love your avatar. I used to go beast on everyone in pokemon tournaments with a choice scarfed rampardos lol. Which that was a long time ago so im not sure if he could still do the same but rampardos is just... well, BEAST!!! >_<

Rampardos is a glass cannon. He can hit hard, but he cannot take hits. I bet anyone who withstood parmpardos's attacks killed him next turn with a STAB move. Or anyone faster, even with choice scarf, there are others faster than him. Still, good stuff.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For any falcos going to tournaments today, good luck to you.

I plan to take first in teams playing with the best Ike in the world (san).

And I think I will be placing in the money in singles too.

I will see what I can do about getting some of my Falco-on-Brinstar goodness recorded for you guys to see what Im talking about.

HotWings

Smash Ace
your lucky you get san lol i love that guy... in a no homo way of course xD. That guy is just freaking amazing with ike its unreal.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Rampardos sucks even though he has one of the best attack stats in the game

His defenses and speed are just too bad
the moment a rock type priority move comes along tho....

anyways, I love how everone missed the point of my earlier post and jumped on my Avvy XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
unfortunately due to a black out, I was not able to team with san for our tourney, because we had to cancel that one event.

However, I did make sure to get 2 videos of me whomping on one of the ranked mks in my region on brinstar.

if you search san3711 on YT, thats sans account and hopefully he'll have the videos up in a couple days.

EDIT: I dont know whats better right now, hippiedudes post, or his avatar.

clowsui

Smash Legend
MMM is never winning a Falco ditto against me again...salty I lost that match. Gonna learn Choice Stadium and then...got'em 8D

Also, Yoshi is the best character in the game.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
MMM is never winning a Falco ditto against me again...salty I lost that match. Gonna learn Choice Stadium and then...got'em 8D

Also, Yoshi is the best character in the game.
:) you may know the ditto specific tactics better but I know how to use stages and be hella gay better than you ;)

Next time we play, you can teach me a few ditto specific tactics and ill teach you how to be gayer / smarter :)

Good games, don't be too salty, falco dittos are ********.

clowsui

Smash Legend
:) you may know the ditto specific tactics better but I know how to use stages and be hella gay better than you ;)

Next time we play, you can teach me a few ditto specific tactics and ill teach you how to be gayer / smarter :)

Good games, don't be too salty, falco dittos are ********.
I actually know how to be really gay w/ Falco I just don't do it for some reason LOL

I used to be too gay with Falco, so people would just exploit the predictability and I had no real answer. Now I'm trying to phase that stuff back into my game, with not very much success because I don't get to play very often (don't own a Wii + play twice to three times a month outside of tournies tops).

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Heyy this is Anxiety..new name. Prolly dont know me as anxiety either lol..im sure u've seen 1 post of mine. :) just droppin in

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I could have beaten Will at my last tourney but sandbagged and let him take 1st. (h)

I'm switching mains from Snake to Falco, get@me.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
It always bugged me. Didn't even know of tournies when i made this swf account, so just picked the title of the song i was listening to as my username lol. Also, i feel like im getting alot better, next tourney we at, think i could get some DDD practice? we can MM if its necessary for u not to sandbag lol :D

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, thanks for the pointers at joker's a while back, didn't even know how to camp back then :p.. Too bad falco dittos are just so dumb.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah I would always go Snake vs. a Falco, unless said Falco is a better player then I try to get the falco ditto and pray for the CG.

Top Bottom