• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
naaah phakeout is dope if you're using it while your opponent is trying to bait an overb on the middle of the stage. you do the overb and they're like "oh imma get you" then you fake em out and they're like "huh where u at" and drop their shields then you're like "oh snap son that haaard read" and you overb for realzies this time and then they're like "oh nos"
lols cool story :)

M@v

Subarashii!
Metaknight is dumb. There are so many times you SHOULD be able to punish him, but you can't because he's metaknight.

discuss.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I know this is off topic but i just got back from the dentist and they had cleaned my teeth. I had 2 root canal done years back and just recently one of the teeth chipped. Plus its a baby tooth so they said there going to have to crown the other one but there going to have to pull my baby tooth that got chipped.

Its not loose at all and they said they cant put me to sleep that they would have to use the gas and numbing stuff instead and that stuff just doesnt work on me lol.

So what i wanted to ask you all is... do yal think i should go through with them pulling my tooth? Also on a rate of 1-10 how bad does a tooth pulling hurt? With the gas and numbing stuff.

Yal just dont know how scared i am right now, im like totally scared of dentist and doctors.

So what i wanted to ask you all is... do yal think i should go through with them pulling my tooth? Also on a rate of 1-10 how bad does a tooth pulling hurt? With the gas and numbing stuff.

Yal just dont know how scared i am right now, im like totally scared of dentist and doctors.
I have had 10 teeth pulled and 2 surgically removed. However, I was completely under for the 3 times I went under. I would say that with this method, you have a throbbing feeling when the teeth are gone. Mostly because you now have open wounds in the gum. After that is does not hurt all that much I would say, however, trying to eat stuff is tricky and can cause pain. But, if you are good at avoiding getting the wrong foods into the wrong places, then it shouldn't bother you too much.

Animals do the most random things.

Metaknight is dumb. There are so many times you SHOULD be able to punish him, but you can't because he's metaknight.

discuss.
Falco's pillaring in melee should be only escapeable by rolling if I recall. It happens. I would say to figure out when you can punish him. I want to see more Falco's DI MK's nado into spiking him out of it.
naaah phakeout is dope if you're using it while your opponent is trying to bait an overb on the middle of the stage. you do the overb and they're like "oh imma get you" then you fake em out and they're like "huh where u at" and drop their shields then you're like "oh snap son that haaard read" and you overb for realzies this time and then they're like "oh nos"
I can see the benefit of that, but I think merely standing could accomplish the same thing.
Hi falco mains :)

I love you.

DEHF wrote something :)
I never read that, only visit it. But since it's DEHF.... I might as well.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Alright well the main thing im worried about is when they actually pull the tooth. Its like really small like you can hardly see my tooth. So when you got them pulled did it hurt? Like did the gas and numbing help enough for you to not feel anything?

I think i will do very good once its out but im just scared about it actually being pulled.

Choice

Smash Champion
I got 4 teeth removed at once and was knocked out for all of it. I can't say if it hurt caz i dont remember that hour of my life. It didnt hurt too bad afterwards just sucked that i couldnt eat whatever i wanted to.

@havok- everytime i try to go to your blog it never loads completely or something. =/

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya i had 4 removed, twice o.o
once before braces, then again DURING.
ya it suck'd hard. didnt knock me out for any of it. had to keep shooting me in and around my mouth to keep it numb cuz it was hurting like a *****.
wisdom teeth are the worst. gotta fugin cut into your gumbs and whatnot.
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
but after a couple days you start to feel alright again. be prepared to lose some blood.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Like i mean i want yal to rate how bad you think this will hurt me? I cant take pain worth a flip lol. Like i said before, its a baby tooth but its not wigglly at all and its a very small tooth in the back. Its my back middel tooth that is just very small, to small for them to crown it if that tells yal anything.

So they said they would try to numb me up pretty well but i just see myself not getting numbed that good enough and me being in unbearable pain.

Like i said i dont mind the afterpain, im just scared of the pain while there doing it.

Is there anything i could tell my dentist that could make him numb it up like extremely a lot.

I even asked him today if he could put me to sleep to do it but he said they cant do that :(

So yeah just rate on a scale 1-10 on how bad it hurt you when they was actually pulling it out. Also how long did it take?

Oh and dont count wisdom teeth in this scale because them are just the worst.. at least thats what ive heard and i do believe them lol

pulse131

Smash Ace
heh, its the after pain thats gonna suck. the only thing yuh gotta really worry about while its happening is the shots in the mouth. i dont like needles so i didnt like it much, lets just say.
other then that though the surgery itself is nothing really. once the numbing wheres thin, i bid you good luck my friend.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
First post in the social thread, don't shoot the newbie. :scared:

I had 4 teeth pulled. They just numbed me, and I honestly think that was the worst part. Just feels uncomfortable, like you have a popcorn shell thing suck on your gums (that a stupid example?). The actually "pulling" of the teeth out didnt hurt a bit. It's just like when they use that scraper thing for tartar but a little more intense. Took maybe 3-5 minutes, but my teeth were a tiny bit loose. It doesn't suck at all really

Afterwards, I don't remember much being bad other than chewing on kleenax tissues for half the day and drooling on myself.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I really hope so. I was actually thinking about not going but after talking to yal i feel better now and i would like it to just be over with. Like you said.. it only take a few min and after that its done. Like today when i went to go get my cleaning i was so scared because i knew they would say something about it and i serious was about to throw up when they told me that they had to pull it. Then when she was scraping my tooth (where i had a filling done awhile back) she just kept scraping and scraping and i actually asked her why she was taking out the filling and she said she wasnt, she was just cleaning it and i was like o_O then why you staying on that tooth so long lol.

I hate that scraping feel, i mean it sounds and feels so just... ahhh i dont know how to explain it lol. I just think i wont like the feel of the pulling so much but as of the pain like yal said, its not so bad (or at least thats what im going to think)

Well thank you all so much for the support, yal really dont know how much it helped me.

On another subject, im going to a tournament in atlanta and ive been working my fingers to the bone with falco lol. I really do think i have a shot at making it pretty high and actually making a name for myself at my first tournament. But honestly i dont want to be cocky... i just want to make it past the first round xD.

Any advice on what i should really work on to get better?

pulse131

Smash Ace
practice AT's, play a bunch with peeps before, during and after, get in as many friendlies as you can. ask people for advice, stuff like that.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Don't take my advice too seriously. My extent of "tourny experience" is getting 10 of my friends together twice during the summer.

I would say focus on the little things. It's your first real tourny, so you will be nervous as hell. When I get nervous or hyped up, my hands get shaky. Just try to play smooth and don't try to do fancy super fast stuff. Have a solid play style that won't take too much effort, and add little things when you feel comfortable with it.

Also -- jab. Jab, jab jab.

Choice

Smash Champion
if you get nervous, just take deep breaths and calm yourself down. be confident in all your time practicing and just do everything as if it were training mode.

pulse131

Smash Ace
if you get nervous, just take deep breaths and calm yourself down. be confident in all your time practicing and just do everything as if it were training mode.
i like this.
if your anything like me though youll get shaky no matter how hard you fight it, ignore it, cope with it, whatever. even if i tell myself not to, i do. and ive been to many tournies and it still happens. its worse if you anticipate it, and the longer you do, the worse again.
same thing with just playing specific people. i waited hella days before i got to play choice. sure we only got to do one round but i was helllllla nervous even though i didnt even notice til after words out of excitement.

Choice

Smash Champion
you just gotta bring everyone to the same level in your mind. we're all human, its not like mikehaze, tkd, or any pro has any super human powers (well thats mostly true; birdman). but yea, you just gotta rid yourself of this mind block that the person you're sitting next to is better or worse than you. thats what i've been told to avoid losing to people you dont think you should have and beat people you never thought you could.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya i like that whole, pretend its training mode thing. im in training right now pretending its ally :)

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys put the cpu in attack mode or just practice AT's on the ragdoll AI? I personally don't seem to gain much when the cpu is just on stop, at least for now. And putting the cpu on run is just annoying.

Choice

Smash Champion
i leave it on stop most the time. i sometimes use the run to practice punishing rolls and stuff.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya the last like 2 hours ive just been practicing pivot grab buffering and bdacus.
but i still cant get down the timing for the longest phantasm cancel. such a ridiculous move to get down. i can do the shortest one left and right, upside down and all around, np. to easy, piece uh cake. but that one dosnt really have as many uses, and its the only one i can really get.

Choice

Smash Champion
i'd say getting down side b is more important than anything else.

the short one is important as a mix up. you have no idea how many times i've done the short one, people run away to punish the long one and now i'm no longer in a bad position. maybe i even get a kill off them being trigger happy.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ikr. its so ****ed tough though. gets kinda boring not being able to get it right more then like, 1 or 2 out of ten tries everytime. i practice the other stuff in between to try and even it out. or else ill just end up going and doing something else

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
also hot wings, don't worry about the tourney, remember to have fun, one of the more important things is to make friends at the tourney :) you may never know one of them may end up being a friend of yours for a life time :]

more friends = more fun = possibly ride hook ups = more gay funn.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya man i made a bunch of friends my first tourny. met them then, hang with them every week or so now.
all in all remember why your there though. have fun, get better, all that jazz.

ya man i made a bunch of friends my first tourny. met them then, hang with them every week or so now.
all in all remember why your there though. have fun, get better, all that jazz.
lol My first smash experience was funny as heck. First, I leave to get a ride, and end up walking 20 minutes in the rain to my destination. After that, me and like 6 others wait forever as we try to negotiate our rides to the proper spot. Then, we drive 30 minutes in pouring rain and run into a lot of flooded spots. After that, we smashed melee from 7pm until 12am. Good times, good times :laugh:

swordsaint

Smash Master
My first tournament was silly. I was so god **** tired that I forgot it was double elimination. Decided to leave after losing once. I'm da bess.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
How did you guys find these smash tournies and such? I've checked the tournament boards, but I didn't see anything for my area for brawl. I don't think I'm good enough to win competitions, but a friend and I would absolutely love to go to tournaments.

Edit: I live right by Omaha, Nebraska. There is pretty much nothing here but a zoo and corn.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pretty much the only tournament player in all of nebraska that I know of

hes a sonic player that goes by trent. do a quick search for that profile name on swf.

once you get incontact with him maybe you can find a way to get to tourneys with him.

I think he lives in Lincoln,

HotWings

Smash Ace
alright thanks for the advice everyone, yal are the best ^_^

Oh and im actually feeling pretty good about the tourny and my tooth being pulled now. I mean yes them 5-10 min are going to be painful but i just want it over with lol.

Yal are so helpful and maybe one day i can meet yal at a touny one day?

Oh btw im about to go to the store and buy a box of hot wings just so i can take a picture of me holding the box and show yal lol.

I will be wearing all red (for the skin of the hot wings) then my shirt will be white (for the meat in the middel) hahaha.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
How many mediocre-slightly good players do you see in tournaments? Try to give me a good estimate.

Sorta need an operational definition for this so..
-mediocre = beat lvl 9s
-slightly good = no trouble with cpu, learning player vs player stuff (mindgames, MUs)

I'm thinking about joining the tournament scene sometime in the next year. Basically when my homework starts to die down I want to get involved. But that probably won't happen till this school year is over. Using my definition of skill, I would say i'm pretty good (above slightly good by a fair margin)

M@v

Subarashii!
Gravy just a warning, regardless how good you think you are, 95% of people get wrecked at their first tourney so dont be discouraged if it happens. Look at your first few as learning experiences.

Top Bottom