• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yeah I would always go Snake vs. a Falco, unless said Falco is a better player then I try to get the falco ditto and pray for the CG.
This is the region nobody but DEHF should hate the ditto..

It allows you to beat people that are better than you lol.

Sorry to say, but i dont think our set got recorded :( idk yet..but im pretty sure it didnt..im just as sad as you are ><
I hate you shugo. Not only do you beat ally and DONT get it recorded, but then you go on to lose to lain... AGAIN.

Like you go to those scrubby little 30 man locals and shiz and you beat him up and down the block. but then a big tourney (apex/siis3) comes along and you drop the ball.

for shame shugz, for shame.

on another note, I got 2-3 vids recorded on sans wii of my falco on brinstar against Mk, both wins. And the next day I got some friendlies in with one of the other higher level mks in my area on his SD card, and I got another 2-3 match of my falco on brinstar. again, all wins. I link them here as soon as people upload them.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I ****ing hate King Dedede, so I was using phantasm to punish his landing, and he inhaled on landing, the extra boost i got from the wind hitbox made me go further and SD off the stage.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

on another note, I got 2-3 vids recorded on sans wii of my falco on brinstar against Mk, both wins. And the next day I got some friendlies in with one of the other higher level mks in my area on his SD card, and I got another 2-3 match of my falco on brinstar. again, all wins. I link them here as soon as people upload them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9HizUtmAdc

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I think that MK just needs to wait for the Lava to come up before trying to approach you. If he does that, you have almost no ground game to work with, which is why it's so bad for Falco imo.

I don't think Falco is hopeless there, but I'd rather play on Rainbow Cruise than Brinstar. I would ban Norfair over Brinstar if it was legal, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but if he does that, and makes a mistake, he gets spiked into the lava, and then you get another follow up, which is like 35-40% and possibly a kill.

plus there was one match where I got shuttle looped at really low % and I turned a possible gimp into a free recovery because the lava was there.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Nah you did stupid **** and got away with it, he just can't adapt at all so I guess you did a good job at being repetetive as it worked.

MetalMusicMan

Kid, the free recoveries and spike into the Lava don't really matter though.

If the MK plays the map well, he basically gets free up-airs and tornados because the level design/lava force you to be above him, where you really don't want to be. Plus, each read he gets makes the next one easier to get since you keep flying farther and farther away, and when you make it back, the lava might be up, so you basically don't gain anything by making it back.

Brinstar is where MK goes to slay Falco and Snake. It's definitely Falco's worst tournament stage, though Norfair might be worse if it's legal.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
why would you ban norfair over brinstar? On norfair you can realistically run away for more of the match have increased recovery options and falcos jab can control more of the individual platforms.

Choice

Smash Champion
hmmm, if they ff their uair's punishing with dsmash shouldnt ever be possible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
seems to me that more than half the time, they are jumping with their up airs, instead of falling with them.

You cant fast fall as your rising lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
who does that?

in that case you might be able to hit them with a low hitting move before they actually up air. since you have ot hit the peak of said jump in order to fastfall.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
what was it like fighting allyy, shugo?
Haha, well........it was pretty intense. I just played as safely as possible it was hard as **** and took SO much d*** thinking lol. I talked to m2k a bit the day before. I took stuff i saw larry doing against snake too like the standing laser edgeguard/nadestopper and using my reflector at the right time mixing up my side b timings etc, and didnt do anything too risky like spamming up smash at high %'s because his reaction time is insanity :/. it was hella fun though.

Also dakid thats not entirely true lol i beat lain for the first time at showdown which had a good amount of ppl. I beat him again at SSI2 which had almost 60 ppl there too, and the other tournament a few weeks ago it was about 40 ppl. We go back and forth all the time lol we're rivals, and ice climbers can gtfo of brawl like for real they piss me off more than any other char in this game by x10 lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im not sure, I dont want to cop out and just say lylat, cus thats makes me sound so 2008...

I could see RC being really good too for a falco that could be really really consistent with phantasm cancels. he has stuff like parts of the stage like the donuts above the swing, that are basically free damage for falco since you can get into a postion where the only thing the other guy can do is wait for the stage and eat lasers. Some parts of the stage make for super early up smash kills. and falco seems like one of the characters with the best ratios of killing the other guy:not dying, when it comes to the end of the stage when the screen falls back down to the ship.

So im not sure at the moment.

Falco to me just feels like a better version of sonic, theres just so much pressure you can put on all the time, and its very rare to be in a situation that you cant get out of, and theres just so much potential.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'll have your second brinstar match up in a day or so, KID. Youtube bulk uploader made it so easy before, lol. Falco is pretty good on most stages, excellent on a good number.

Sometimes it takes sitting down practicing a stage at least like 10-20 minutes a day to get many nuances down and really think of ways to traverse the stage with ease in order to be ready to handle different situations in an actual match.

With enough variation in playstyle, you really never fail on a stage. Frigate is great if you are not the one getting juggled on the ledgeless side of the stage. RC is great if your opponent is taking to the risk to come to you. The question you have to ask yourself is if the risk of you messing up is worth playing on it. Falco can indeed get seriously messed up if he makes a single mistake and cannot recover on RC. That is what I feel the true point is in using a counterpick. They allow you to more easily change your playstyle with your character to better increase your chances of winning. That is also why I feel a stage ban should be used to prevent your own stage weakness, not your character's stage weakness. Only in the case of certain character+stage pairings like wario on brinstar do you actually out right ban those stages.

MetalMusicMan

KID there is no way Lylat is worse than Brinstar, man. Lylat isn't even bad at all in comparison :\

Maybe we're better on Brinstar than we think, I'll give you that possibility, but Lylat being worse than Brinstar? I don't see how that's even possible.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I finally got a picture of me :) Even though i hate it lol. It seems like i hate every picture i take of myself.. plus i guess im one of them people that just always look bad in pics and perfect in person?? xD

HotWings

Smash Ace
They were so good... if you can notice in the pic, im actually holding down where it is torn from the side because i already ate them :D

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Oh hey lookie lookie.

Blue name ftw.

• <LI class=smallfont>Smash BRoomers-Brawl <LI class=smallfont>Tournament Directors <LI class=smallfont>Debaters <LI class=smallfont>Pokémon Master
  • Temp Debater
How the heck are you getting all these things Teran? You are Phoenix godly.

HotWings

Smash Ace
It was actually just some tyson hot wings. Oh and my first tournament was just a small tournament here on post but they allowed items... if that tells you anything.

My next real tournament is going to be october 2nd.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Some say items involve skill. I don't like them because any newbie can use items. Anywho, how did you do anyway? I'm kinda curious.

I don't have school next friday so i'm organizing a "tournament" at my house. That makes three "tournaments", woot!

Different note:
Do people mention DEHF and other high level falcos when they talk about top players? Any falco mains come up in conversations with M2K and ally? Just seems to me that falco mains are a bit under-appreciated when people talk about the best of the best (except for the falco community, cuz we are bomb-diggity)

Top Bottom