• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

pulse131

Smash Ace
marth is my least favorite MU too. worse off against him then usually. cant avoid dem 0-deaths very well, and even when i do...still cant get around all his other crap. the good marths around here seem to have a nak for taking out the generic falcos i guess.

pulse131

Smash Ace
think im gonna go ahead and state that marth is part my least favorite MU, and im not sure what i gotta do to get around those grabs and what not. i play a few not as good marths quite often, but the time comes when i gotta play the good ones and uhh, ya i dont do so well. probably every match i get gimped at least once. tips on avoidings grabs?, getting through to get some dmg in, stuff that usually works on him?
o.o halp mii

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
marth cant spike you offstage off a grab unless he

1. does it within the first two throws.
2. grabs you below 10%

so when youre below 10% youwant to either:
1. hold down the dead center of the stage really hard.
2. camp the platforms if they are available.

also, a huge part of the marth matchup is feeling out their up b habits.

pulse131

Smash Ace
thats actually a very good idea xonar. kinda like a snake may want to dmg himself some to avoid cg's by falco, i like it.

I never really understood why the 0%-death tactic agaisnt Falco in the Marth match-up is considered in the match-up o.0 You have to be within a roll's distance from the stage edge to make it work, and it literally has to be below 10% after the last Fthrow or else Fthrow -> dair does not work. A single attack of anything from Marth is enough to prevent it from working or limits them to only one Fthrow which means you have to be even closer to the stage ledge.

Some heavy camping and punishment should snap Marth out of trying to force those grabs.

i.e. i suck so i let my opponent in on a free hit so i dont die
lol If not for the fact that I could give my opposing Marth player a 20% lead from a throw -> fsmash and an edgeguard chance, I would probably just stand in the middle of the stage and get hit once.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya and its not like marth has to worry about his fsmash being stale or anything. 2 side b's and boom, everything else is fresh.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
after I just started camping the center of the stage. the marth I play with knew he wasnt going to get the spike anymore. but he still gets the f throw f throw f smash on me, which does almost 30% and honestly sends me farther offstage than im really comfortable with, playing falco.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol he's doing it wrong then kid

he should be doing

fthrow fthrow, dthrow dthrow dthrow dthrow fsmash

i can't remember how many dthrows is possible

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the down throw f smash doesnt tip does it?

and yea, he doesnt do it cus thats something you need to actually main marth to be able to do. he actually mains ICs

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
snake cna damage himself so that works for him.

but you cant reall just give the marth a free hit with falco, other wise he'll just grab you.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Falco should **** Marth if he's only going for grabs, you can jab him and grab him.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Marths try to shieldgrab lasers on low percents but silent laser gives frame advantage and allows you to grab earlier so silent laser is epiiiiic

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
marth chaingrabs aren't that bad, it's a pretty fun match-up actually, I just end up losing xD.I'm already 0-3 in sets vs Mr.R and have yet to take a game ( although I got very close at BBI in the first match D: ).

Aafter that I MMed Leon and took the first game in BF, would have prolly take another one in BF if I hadn't got grabbed at 0 to dair xD I figured more things in that set, I tend to say I suck vs marth but slowly I'm getting better vs them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rofl Xonar you suck so much my grandma could pick up Falco and she'd be ten times better than you after a week that's how bad you are lmao ps you suck

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ghebbycakes, what about our elaborate relationship? I thought you were my Ghebbycakes till the ends of times, you even pinky promised at ZEST...

HotWings

Smash Ace
How did you get them marks on your arm? It looks like claw marks from a cat... but you never know lol. You make any girls mad recently?? >_<

pulse131

Smash Ace
doubt thats his arm. prolly some kid with nuttin better to do.
i tried it once although it wasnt that bad. it was ok i guess, not sure how people truly think there getting anything out of it though.

Top Bottom