• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

swordsaint

Smash Master
If people are learning to not go in the air against your SHDL's, it means you know where their going to be. You don't even need to shoot your SHDL do have already conditioned them in to staying a little more grounded.

But yes, I agree with pretty much everything you said, and that contradictory thing was me just playing around with you. <3

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
I epic fail at doing these (but haven't actually spent any significant amount of time practising).

It's just run off, jump and wavebounce a laser right?

I epic fail at doing these (but haven't actually spent any significant amount of time practising).

It's just run off, jump and wavebounce a laser right?
No, it is a run off, fall below the stage a bit, jump back up towards the stage performing a reversed laser x2. The idea is that at the apex of the 2nd jump, you are able to perform two lasers, and the second laser gets lagless.

Look up matches against rain and you should see him run off eventually.

It will just take a very long while to ever get that to happen. But, smash is amazing is it not? It gets people to go cross seas, even to places where you cannot speak their langauge. That Croc Hunter has given me a very sterotypical look on the way Australians speak lol

I have a horrible aliment. I after playing with Falco for so long, I find myself short hopping all the time as other characters. Why the heck would Shiek need to do empty short hops !_!

swordsaint

Smash Master
sheiks empty short hops are actually quite good imo <3

but srsly - we don't talk like steve irwin (croc hunter) in fact I think you'll find a lot of australians actually hated that guy.

sheiks empty short hops are actually quite good imo <3

but srsly - we don't talk like steve irwin (croc hunter) in fact I think you'll find a lot of australians actually hated that guy.
I sort of find it odd how many characters are actually quiet effective with short hops. Marth is good with Fair/Nair for aerials. Falco does pretty well with Bair, airdodge or lasers. Shiek has the Bair, Fair, airdodges as well. The list goes on too when you include characters like Link, TL, or MK. Let's face it, short hops make up the metagame lol

Yeah, steve. I had forgotten his name. Steve was hated by my family as well growing up. WHy the heck woudl you mess with animals like that. Still, it's sad for his family.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Your family hated him because you didnt understand why he did what he did. Croc hunter was a real gangster. You don't deserve to wear the croc boots he made with his bare hands.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wow.

Never expected to see KID deciding to crash here.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well my falco is getting to be as good/better than my sonic now, so i decided that im actually going to try and learn something about the character rather than just relying on my blackness to pull me through with him. lol

I find that there is not too much one can learn from the smashboards anymore. I could leave for like 3-4 months and find nothing new. THe whole BF thing is the best I have seen for a long time.

Your better off just playing Falco a ton and learn that way lol

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
well my falco is getting to be as good/better than my sonic now, so i decided that im actually going to try and learn something about the character rather than just relying on my blackness to pull me through with him. lol
You black people are so lucky. If I try to do cool black people things with Falco like d-air mixups and jabs and crazy fast tricks, when I push the buttons my Falco just chain grabs, SHDL's, phantasms, and runs away like a *****.

White people are so gay. I love it, ahahahaha! :)

True story, there's a pretty good Falco near me named Kemorroo to whom I constantly say "Dude, you've gotta stop being so black when you play Falco. Just pretend that you're a 40 year old, white, gay business analyst and your Falco will be like 10x better."

Roffle mow.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well ive been playing him since march or so. and within my first like 2 months, I beat snakeee in tourney with him. and the best snake in my region... i mean i know beating zss with falco isnt really an accomplishment. but it was special to me lol.

I also 3 stocked (and than consequently got three stocked right back by) choice in falco dittos at mlg c-bus. lol.

Despite not ever going on this board before, Id say im a bit better than MMM and M@V for whatever thats worth.

So your pretty much right. lol but it cant hurt right?

MetalMusicMan

Falco Dittos are ********, lmfao. I've 3 stocked and then been 3 stocked right back by Wangston in tournament. It's so stupid >_<

Also, watch your mouth! You aren't better than me until we Captain Falcon ditto. lawl :p

M@v

Subarashii!

Despite not ever going on this board before, Id say im a bit better than MMM and M@V for whatever thats worth.

oh no

ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooo you didn't :D.

The thing that sucks about ranking falcos is that the ditto is so lulzy it counts for nothing, so it goes by vs other people, and since every region is different, it complicates things.

Unless your larry, who blows every region out of the water.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If either of you are going to be at mlg dallas, Im willing to beat you both with sonic if that would be more convincing to you?
=P

MetalMusicMan

Character dittos rarely prove who is better overall, imo. Often times someone who is better at the ditto is also worse against all of the other characters. Falco dittos are especially bad, but most dittos follow that ruling in my experience.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like this Kid guy.
You dont have to put the periods in every time like how it is in my account name right now, but I do like to ask that people use all caps(KID) when refering to me. Especially since theres a player named Kid (not all caps) that mains falco and lives relatively close to me (New Jersey)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I enter tourneys as KIDGoggles, but people are lazy and
1. Dont want to say the whole thing (esp. since it sounds weird when you say the whole thing)
2. Dont want to enter the whole name when they make tio files, and
3. Dont want to put the whole name on my videos.
EDIT
=D
Much better.

Why the heck should you come here? We should be going to Australia :D

Question, what is the easiest way you all find for doing Dair when hanging from the ledge without fastfalling or using your second jump right away.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
@Xeylode tilt down on your control stick slightly to fall, then press a while still holding down. If you do it right you should dair without fastfalling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVs_j3X9k10

Does someone have an explaination for this odd effect?

Incase you do not see it right away, it is the 2nd ftilt around 0:08-0:09. Typically Ftilt returns falco right back to the spot that he intiates the Ftilt from. However, this Ftilt I did somehow actually slid falco backwards upon it's return. I would very much like it if this was somehow a new falco tech, however, life is never that fruitful as we would have a new falco tech literally every couple of months. My explaination is that somehow the shiek powershielded the Ftilt which slide me backwards. But, if you look at the video again, shiek never pulls out a shield at all to show that a powershield animation even occured. So, I am baffled for a logical explaination for this effect.

And thanks for the input problems I have been having. Playing for so long and just now started bothering figuring out how to not do a fast fallen dair from the ledge lol

Another thought that just occured to me is a true pivot. However, I am not sure how true pivoting moves work.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I don't think you got powershielded at all, looked alot like the peach tech where she gets a backwards slide from a dtilt. You may be on to something here.

pulse131

Smash Ace
hey falco boards. imma hop in after a long *** break from here, like, multiple years. good to know its still in shape.
anywho about that wierd kinda ftilt jig you got goin on there kinda looks like one of those iasa things that other characters got goin on, suck as peachs down tilt>something else where she slides back a little, same with marios ftilt>jab. although im not sure how it was performed or anything it kinda looks like thats what happened.

Top Bottom