• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ah it's alright they'll get the hang of it eventually.

I call a Marth boarder ruining the next chain.

It's always THOSE PEOPLE.

Also have you noticed that all the bad*** black people play Falco, and all the Carlton Banks of the black community play Marth?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ah it's alright they'll get the hang of it eventually.

I call a Marth boarder ruining the next chain.

It's always THOSE PEOPLE.

Also have you noticed that all the bad*** black people play Falco, and all the Carlton Banks of the black community play Marth?
Black Falcos? I laugh at this claim. /sarcasm.

Also Teran, you disappoint me. No abusing your mod powers to change their text to yellow? Pffft. Poor form.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I haven't edited anyone's text colour.

You seem to forget I'm too lazy to do that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I do quite fancy the idea of setting up arbritrary rules. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I can't exactly infract for it though that's mean and I'd lose my red name if I did. ;__;

swordsaint

Smash Master
I do quite fancy the idea of setting up arbritrary rules. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I can't exactly infract for it though that's mean and I'd lose my red name if I did. ;__;
Nah. Falco's stick by their lord saviour Teran. You can infract anyone you want (as long as it's not me) and we'll back it up. :smash: < That's a banhammer imo.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Nah. Falco's stick by their lord saviour Teran. You can infract anyone you want (as long as it's not me) and we'll back it up. :smash: < That's a banhammer imo.
I don't stomp my bros without good cause.

That's UTDZac's hammer!

Larry has just beaten M2K in Winners Semis. Good ****, DEHF!

:059:
Playa hater not posting in yellow but it's okay because he's backing the main man Falco.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
**** yeah Falco wins.

Good **** Larry.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OtSQvxMW7SA&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OtSQvxMW7SA&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The Rock is a multimillionaire though.

Underload

Lazy
You make a good point.

On another note, has Larry Bird been coined as a nickname for DEHF at all? Seems to fit.

edit: Don't let the chain of red names with black male avatars break!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dude if there's something Falcos should take from this, it's not to drop Falco and master the god**** bdacus.

Little things add a lot.

To all the haters at the beginning saying it wouldn't change much, I think it definitely adds that edge.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Buffered Dacus.

There's a thread about it like one or two below this.

M@v

Subarashii!
Does everyone hate falco is da bess.

Bdacus *****. Larry used it so much and ***** with it. I killed a lot of people with it too, including inui ;P.

Rain is awesome as well. Top 5 falco in the world for sure.

Spot Dodge:
Lasts 22 Frames
Invincible Frames 2 – 20

Roll Backward:
Lasts 31 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 19

Roll Forward:
Lasts 31 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 19

Air Dodge:
Lasts 49 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 31

After looking at this frame data I have been thinking about falco's methods of dodging attacks. We have probably the best spot dodge out of anyone. 3 frame vulnerable window when spamming it perfectly. Our rolls are rather decent as well, however, rolling is always seen as a bad habit as it can be followed.

But, how about air dodge? A SH airdodge looks like it has a lot of potiential. When in the air, it gives falco 27 frame duration of being invincible. This is much longer than the rolls. You can either SH air dodge forward or backwards and it will cover the same amount of distance as if Falco had simply rolled. But, since this is an air dodge, that means you can influence falco's direction mid airdodge. Basically, you can SH airdodge, then once you get to the apex of the SH, you can move falco backwards or forwards depending upon which direction is safer.

This to me sounds like a superior option to rolling as you stay in control somewhat of your actions unlike rolling. Once you roll in a particular direction, you are committed to going in that direction. The only downside is the potiential ending lag, and start up lag. After a little testing and reading this is what I came up with.

If you SH air dodge as quickly as possible, the move will not end until falco touches the ground. This means that falco is airborn for a no longer than 49 frames. The invicibility frames, however, do end before falco touches the ground. This means the end of the move can be no sooner than frame 31. Add on 2 frames for landing lag, and you have a potiential 20 frames of lag. However, I do not think that falco is airborn from a SH for a full 49 frames, I believe it is less than that. Either way, Falco has somewhere between 0-20 frames of ending lag after invicibility. Apart from that range, I cannot tell how long the ending lag is since I cannot get frame data.

The start-up lag is eaiser to calculate. Jumping is not airborn until frame 7. Add on 3 frames of start-up lag from the air-dodge, and you get 10 frames start-up lag before inviciblity frames. However, UpB attacks cancels those 7 frames of start-up lag from jumping, I am not sure if airdodging does the same thing, but I doubt it. So in the end, SH air dodge looks like this from my estimate.

SH Airdodge:
Lasts somewhere between 39-58 frames.
Invincible Frames 11 – 38

But, I want to say with a lot of confidence that the airdodge gets autocanceled on the ground around frame 50. I cannot varify that though.

Conclusion:
SH Airdodge is a great alternative to rolling. You are granted a near 1/2 second invicibility and better mobility than rolling with a similar cool down time to rolls at the cost of 7 frames start-up lag.
---
Start SH airdodging more falcos!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Standing CGs anyone? I def seen RAIN do it to Larry like twice from 0% wondering if there is more potential for it.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
wow xeylode. congratulations for finding out you have the best spotdodge. all hail ur genius. How do u not know this frame data already. Ur a freakin falco main. The whole community needs to step it up; brawl can be a fun game. And a smart one. People need to know frame data. its sickening that our "fighting game" community doesnt know these things. With things like that noone can ever take this seriously.

O BTW GOOD ISH LARRY DOING IT FOR SO CAL HOMEBOY. MAKIN TYRANT AND BAM PROUD. BLACK PEOPLE STAND UP!

We are tied for best spotdodge and you missed the point syonryoken. All the information there was to make an emphasis on trying to abuse our ability to dodge to the fullest. Falco is not getting any better. Merely the way we use his already existing tools. I see plenty of peole abusing certain aspects of Falco's game to best it can be without getting punished for it, but ignore other things. By failing to use all of his options you do not get the full effort out of using this character. Abusing spotdodges, and SH airdodges are just such things that typically get seen as a mix-up in a match merely a few times. But, it could be used much more often and not get any more punished as it already is.

It was not a post for declaring anything new. It was for declaring an idea to those that do not already do it, or just do not feel the need to do it all that often.

I bet there could even be more to the idea of offstage camping then we give credit for. In the case of rain, he is the only falco I have ever seen to actually abuse this idea. It's like Teran said, the small things we take for granted add up.

Top Bottom