• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Whoa that looks really cool. You could space ftilt so well with this. Hopefully someone gets to know how to do that.

I like the texutre colors on the tailfeathers and the head.

I cannot figuring out how to replicate this at all and therefore I think it was a fluke. How could falco players go this long without having done this at least once if it was something we could do whenever we wanted too. If it is anything like Peach's dtilt, then there is frame specific times that you do to get the actual inputs. This must be incredibly tight timing if it is anything similar.

pulse131

Smash Ace
well, a fluke would mean it wasnt real l0ol. theres gotta be some way it was done. nonetheless chances are even if that way is discovered it'd be more work than its worth

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'll tell you what I saw.

You landed with a laser on a particular spot, then pivot walked > ftilted. The slide took you back to the spot you landed and started the pivot walk from, so perhaps try to recreate a landing > pivot walk > ftilt, and try for the same effect.

I know that you can pivot boost attacks in a forward motion, but never have I heard of it going in the opposite direction. But, nonetheless, I have been trying just that as well. No luck.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284741

I only used shiek again the lucario in 3rd because he talks a lot of junk so I never play against him in tourney with my main.

highlights include,
3stocking the snake in my first match
(JV)3stocking the mario in one match
almost beating curas pikachu one game in grands.
giving curas marth the ****.
pulling an epic 2 stock to 1 comeback on his MK

i did get two stocked by his ICs tho. I have no idea how to play that match. its not much of a better option but it looks like ima just have to stick to sonic for that one.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I go Snake, but that matchup is not so easy, you still die from messing up once, and Snake has prty bad landing options so he is vulnerable to getting grabbed then.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I go Snake, but that matchup is not so easy, you still die from messing up once, and Snake has prty bad landing options so he is vulnerable to getting grabbed then.
you're silly.

have a grenade near you at all times = a win

snake destroys ice climbers in strength and even snake can use platforms decently on ice climbers.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Good ICs can pivot grab snake away from a fresh nade, and being above ICs on a platform means taking 22% from uairs if you get hit.

swordsaint

Smash Master
ugh

if they're chasing you underneath by platforms they're being stupid and going in the air when they shouldn't

ice climbers suck **** in the air. snake can grenade counter that crap all day and not give two ****s because he's damaging you in a matchup where he'll die with one grab anyway. that said, if they're chasing you in the air they're much more vulnerable than on the ground, and anyone even semi-decent with nades should beat ice climbers.

It's so easy for snake to simply place a c4 on the ground underneath the platform he'll be camping as well, which will just make it all the more awkward for ice climbers to attack him.

that being said, he doesn't need the platforms he ***** them so hard.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
ICs can uair and grab the nade if its on the ground. then throw it at you for kicks. I agree this is probably a bad matchup for ICs but not one where if you're not fluent with Snake you can win just by CPing him.

Has to at least be a strong secondary IMO.

pulse131

Smash Ace
so what do you guys think of rain using alot of ledge jump double laser? think we'll be seeing more of it in tournies?

He has been using them forever. I doubt he will not start using them. It will be intereesting if anyone actually uses them tot he degree that he does. I keep forgetting to use them and therefore abandon them.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
They're really good to use, just don't mess up or you'll probably lose a stock for it.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya i rarely remember it in serious play. and last night i was practicing it a bit and got it down for the most part but ya i mistake and a simple edge guard'l getchyuh
i also noticed with rain (in the few sets he played anyways) that he always or very often went for laser locks out of dthrow jab or ftilt. or at least it seemed like that cuz right after he would shoot a couple lasers while standing.

i also noticed with rain (in the few sets he played anyways) that he always or very often went for laser locks out of dthrow jab or ftilt. or at least it seemed like that cuz right after he would shoot a couple lasers while standing.

The off chance somethign actually does happen lol I think we have all pretty much given up on trying to get laserlocks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hold on now.

I dont see any reason to stop going for laser locks, because even when they tech/airdodge the landing, they still get hit by the first two lasers, which is still good damage.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya when rain did that usually one or both of the shots hit or at least made the enemy do something to get around it putting them in worse off positions.
that and laser lock still works well when you knock someone off one of the 2 lower platforms and they forget to dodge or attack before they hit the ground or mess up the tech. for me ill only shoot a few lasers if their close cuz they get the hole, forced getup deal and i get a free dacus or something, or grab if need be.

pulse131

Smash Ace
its cuz of this guy who used to be here often and is now back and he pretty much just leaves the tab open and hits refresh like every 5~10 minutes while doing other stuff.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for contributing, but I think it's because of DEHF's performance at Apex2.

I did catch your sarcasm btw...

Top Bottom