• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Well if definitely kills DK
No.

Every character can time a meteor cancel and grab the ledge using only their double jump even from 50%

Every character can SDI and tech the wall from the spike.

Every character can SDI better and land on the stage from the spike.

Don't blame yourself for them being terrible.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
No.

Every character can time a meteor cancel and grab the ledge using only their double jump even from 50%

Lol ok.

Falcos play so gay. I approve ;)

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
falco's a lot more underrated in teams than i thought. larry doesn't like using falco in teams iirc but i kinda like it now =)..as long as you know what you're doing, he rap3s.

M@v

Subarashii!
No.

This. People shouldn't be dying to Falco's cg spike anymore.

Unless its Falco dittos. Even then it doesn't happen that often because of sdi.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Lasers are actually pretty good if your partner knows to stay grounded and let you shoot over their head.

Obviously mindlessly spamming them can mess up your partner though, yeah :p

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Just be careful with your lasers. Use them if your partner isn't there, or if you need to interrupt a move (like tornado).

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just a question out of curiosity , how many Falco player's do people have in their scenes?

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I know no other Falcos than I, except maybe one other Falco secondary. My area is small, and I don't really go to big tournaments, so I'm not too sure.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
In terms of teams.

If you play with a high mobility character you can laser camp all you want. I once teamed with a Fox who teams with another Falco quit often, and I could laser all I want, never hit him once in cantcounthowmany matches.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
and me BluB but my Falco isn't that great.
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON, AND I HOPE YOU HAVE GREAT SUCCESS IN SMASH, YOUR CAREER, AND LIFE.

anyway...

About 2 months ago I asked people to share their experiences in tournaments and Electronic Sports in general to help me with a school project. I'm just about done with it, and even though only 1 person ever responded, I thought you might be interested in seeing it. IMO, it's only decent, but I kinda lost interest because of the teacher for the class. She reviews stuff and tells us how to do stuff that we already know or is super simple. I got fed up and kept a log of how much time she wasted for me, and it added up to about 150 minutes, which is like 2.5 full work days in the class.

Just let me know and I'll do a private upload to youtube and post a link or something.

Choice

Smash Champion
anyone have any thoughts as to how brawl's crouch canceling can work better for us. i know it makes zss's dsmash not as great as it used to be, but i feel like the dsmash lock or whatever didnt really lang much on falco to start with. anything else?

Choice

Smash Champion
yea thats true. if you're forced into that position you can crouch and maybe get a move before they can tilt again

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
DI on the CG>spike has been known forever and really doesn't make that huge of a difference IMO. It only reliable killed from 0% on a few chars, and the real value of CG is the 40% dmg with follow ups.

The DI on the jab is a little more useful because it really isn't that tough to do and has good rewards. It would only work on us a few times since we would just jab cancel instead of using the infinity jab.

DI on the kill moves is easy to do if you think about it. Any player good enough to predict hits and prepare DI in time already has the sense to know which way to DI our hits.

All in all, I doubt it affects us much.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It still brings tears to my eyes and Larry thinks don't know if he's trolling or not that Falco may go to B tier as he said in the tier list thread.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
rofl at all a yall.

the CG spike sdi is better for us. when we spike them off stage we have to risk a stock to go offstage and finish them off. or else they get back to the ledge scott free. when they di it on stage. they get happy cus they didnt die so its easy to read their rolls and dodge patterns after that to rack up another 40-50 damage. i can probably pull up an old vid of me vs SK92 where i sdid the spike and i still died before i got 10% on him because he kept reading me.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
yea thats true. if you're forced into that position you can crouch and maybe get a move before they can tilt again
Nuh uh. Not another move. But you'll be able to PS and punish accordingly.

Also I love how this metagame minute is Falco specific when it's just SDI.
I hope they do that for every top tier char.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Does anyone has a funny Falco or other bird related story that happened to them around here, I need a good laugh?

Top Bottom