• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Guys, I'm getting tired of Peach and want to pick up a whole new character altogether.

I'm choosing Falco.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I like just using one character, because I think you're the best with just one. But I like to have a character for fun and friendlies, or if there's a super bad MU.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yo guys does Denzi still post here?

Is the landscape even remotely the same as like a year ago?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Is Denzi still here? No.

Is the landscape still the same as a year ago? I don't really understand what you're asking but I'm guessing not because a lot has changed in a year.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Larry shows up but rarely post here man also we have a few regulars here otherwise alot of guest.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Is Denzi still here? No.

Is the landscape still the same as a year ago? I don't really understand what you're asking but I'm guessing not because a lot has changed in a year.
With landscape I meant the regulars who post. Seems it's kinda different, which is no biggie was just wondering.

Dehf </333
Hmmm...

Well after all that I guess I'll be on board for a good while, hope you guys don't mind another round of Teran modding this place.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
: I personally believe fox/falco/diddy/pika/marth/snake/IC are the best for mkX (2:43:17 AM) Kuro~: Not in any orderX

(2:43:47 AM) zamz: Falco is a terrible character vs MK...in my mind, anyway.X (2:44:47 AM)

Kuro~: No mk has proved otherwise i mean the only thing falco has bad in that mu is recovery. Which is workable on certain stagesX (2:45:08 AM)

zamz: ...I've been out of the tournament-following scene for the past year...but...X (2:45:31 AM)
zamz: M2k had a perfect record against DEHF/SK92/Sethlon until DEHF took one set off M2k, and M2k gave him round 1X (2:45:53 AM)
zamz: Recent years M2k might have been beaten by more Falcos...but I doubt it...X

(2:46:23 AM) Kuro~: ---->But, I'm not a fan of "M2k's lost before, so X is a good character vs MK"X?X (2:46:31 AM)

zamz: "23:44:47) Kuro~: No mk has proved otherwise"X (2:46:32 AM)

Kuro~: You can't just use m2kX (2:46:36 AM) Kuro~: :pX (2:46:37 AM) zamz: You can't just use "no MK"X (2:46:51 AM)

Sparta Kick: ohhh absolutes LOLX (2:46:57 AM)

Kuro~: m2k has still lost. So have a majority of every other mkX

(2:46:58 AM) zamz: lolX (2:47:07 AM) zamz: The majority of MKs lose to Falco mains?X (2:47:14 AM) zamz: ...You mean...the majority of MKs lose to...DEHF.X (2:47:22 AM)

Kuro~: My point is, that on a consistent basis it has proven to be a viable muX (2:47:34 AM)

Sparta Kick: My questionX (2:47:35 AM)

Kuro~: Even if not only as bad as diddy/ICX (2:47:39 AM)

Sparta Kick: how does falco kill mkX (2:47:41 AM)
zamz: ^X (2:47:51 AM)
zamz: Who other than DEHF beats MK mains consistently?X (2:48:03 AM)
Sparta Kick: He has a kill setup that only works if you DI down... and that's itX (2:48:29 AM) Sparta Kick: he can't set up anything on MK so he just builds damage until he can kill with an aerial or FtiltX (2:48:49 AM) Sparta Kick: at like 180-200%X (2:48:51 AM)

Kuro~: Falco is gonnan win the camping game plain and simple, it's with that that falco punishes mkX (2:48:54 AM) Kuro~: His JCUSX (2:48:56 AM) Kuro~: Is fastX (2:49:02 AM) Kuro~: and can punish many mistakesX (2:49:12 AM) Kuro~: His lasers can lead into bdacus if the mk isn't carefulX (2:49:28 AM) Kuro~: He can bair inbetweeen mk dairs and aerial campingX (2:49:29 AM)

zamz: If we're playing that way, MK can hit Falco enough until Mk has the lead in a 3 stock game, and then effectively plank/scrooge to win.X (2:49:31 AM) zamz: Falco's got nothing on planking.X (2:49:54 AM) zamz: Falco has to be winning the -whole- set, in order to win the set.X

(2:49:54 AM) Kuro~: Or falco can just go to the other side and laser and let mk go above his LGLX (2:50:18 AM)

zamz: Since when has anyone won on LGL...X (2:51:04 AM)

Kuro~: I've heard of it several times with characters that use ledgeX (2:51:41 AM) zamz: But anyway...seriously...who other than DEHF mains Falco and beats top MKs?X (

2:51:47 AM) Kuro~: If we're playing that way, MK can hit Falco enough until Mk has the lead in a 3 stock game, and then effectively plank/scrooge to win.X what do you mean if we're playing that way?X (2:52:10 AM)

zamz: You said Falco wins the camping game, except MK has entire areas of camping Falco has nothing onX (2:52:11 AM)

Kuro~: I gave legit opportunities no different than a diddy having Toss OoS or a marth punishing spacingX

(2:52:18 AM) zamz: Falco can't punish planking.X (2:52:51 AM)

zamz: Doesn't all characters punish spacing?X (2:53:16 AM) K

uro~: But that's how they kill. You're saying it shouldn't happen but it happens with characters like that ALL THE TIMEX (2:53:54 AM) Kuro~: Also im pretty sure we have proven that no1 can beat mk plankingX

2:53:58 AM) zamz: SK's saying that. Falco struggles to kill a lot of characters, but that's not the reason why I oppose Falco being good against MK.X (2:54:00 AM)

Kuro~: The best you can do is hope they mess upX (2:54:46 AM)

zamz: I'd be surprised to hear a top MK fear a Falco other than DEHF lol.X (2:55:00 AM)

Kuro~: If we were using the X character can't combat planking many of the matchups thought to be close wouldn't be anywhere near themX

(2:55:19 AM) zamz: Doesn't that prove my point>?X

(2:55:25 AM) Kuro~: IC vs mk...hmmm, wario vs mk...,diddy vs mk....marth vs mk....X

(2:55:35 AM) zamz: Falco, and X character, probably aren't better than, or even as good as MKX

(2:55:39 AM) Kuro~: So your basically saying mk ***** everyone due to planking so we should all give upX (2:55:54 AM)

zamz: I'm merely opposing that Falco is a good choice against MKX

(2:56:06 AM) Kuro~: But your using that statement as your argumentX
(2:56:16 AM) Kuro~: In which case all characters who go good against himX (2:56:23 AM) Kuro~: would be roughly the same scenarioX

(2:56:31 AM) zamz: Characters go good against MK?X (2:56:54 AM) zamz: I'm not really convinced 6:4 is "going good", but...I mean, I suppose we can redefine "going good" lol.X (2:57:35 AM) Kuro~: Which of those is a 6/4? Only wario and snake are 6/4 and are still doable just hard(ish).X

(2:58:01 AM) zamz: Falco's plagued like a lot of characters against MK. You really have to win game 1; if the game gets below 4 minutes MK is in a very good chance of planking you out, so you are forced to finish the match sooner rather than later (meaning you need to be approaching)X

(2:58:18 AM) zamz: I'm not convinced any good player should be getting hit by distant lasers. MKs really SHOULD be powershielding/dodging/air camping that ****, especially floating above.X (2:58:43 AM) zamz: MK actually has kill moves on Falco that kill relatively soon, with follow ups. What follow ups does Falco have on MK?X (2:59:07 AM) zamz: Moreover, any time Falco's off the stage, he's -extremely- disadvantaged, risking being gimped or being tornado'd.X (2:59:29 AM) zamz: The only time Falco can combat Tornado is if he's level with the Nado on the stage. If Falco is above MK, or below MK...Falco's probably going to take damage.X

(2:59:33 AM) Kuro~: Let's take this from the top...3 2 1 go! Falco starts his cautious camping and mk has to approach. Mk has to take the % now and even then if he were to use your strategy then he would start scrooging immediately. Which would mess him up due to the new rules in place. So mk has to approach which is why falco does good.X (2:59:48 AM) zamz: "has to take %" ?X

(3:00:01 AM) Kuro~: In order to win by scrooging/time out he has to have % leadX (3:00:06 AM) Kuro~: If not falco can just keep waiting him outX (3:00:09 AM) Kuro~: cuz falco wins long rangeX

(3:00:58 AM) zamz: I'm still not convinced laser laser side-B is going to work against a good MK.X (3:01:00 AM)

Kuro~: The only way a mk is gonna kill falco earlier than a falco can kill mk is by offstage like you said. But again, that's EVERY CHARACTERX

(3:01:08 AM) zamz: ^ NoX (3:01:40 AM) zamz: Bad DI can kill Falco early too :p

(3:01:53 AM) Kuro~: LOL zamz 2 good. I just lost.X

(3:01:59 AM) zamz: Though bad DI...MK can recover from anywhere.X (3:02:06 AM)

Kuro~: No but seriouslyX (3:02:11 AM) Kuro~: The only other kill options mk hasX (
3:02:13 AM) Kuro~: Is in CQCX

(3:02:17 AM) zamz: Show me a video of a pro MK who just loses because they can't handle Falco's laser camp.X (3:02:18 AM)

Kuro~: Where falco can competeX

(3:02:41 AM) zamz: I think this theorycraft fails, because I don't believe lasers are "that good" so as to shut down MK. It's just not true.X

(3:04:01 AM) Kuro~: Tyrant (MK) vs. DEHF (Falco) 1.2 i mean it is dehf but i don't have time to youtube hunt atm. Give me a week and i'll find moreX (3:04:10 AM) Kuro~: This was on favorites from ages agoX (3:04:22 AM) zamz: I mean in 2011X (3:04:29 AM) Kuro~: (Grand Finals) DEHF (Falco) Vs. DSF (Meta) 5X (3:04:54 AM) Kuro~: Like i said. I don't got time to youtube hunt atmX (3:05:23 AM) Kuro~: I'll try to build a playlistX

(3:06:03 AM) zamz: Comprise the playlist only of top MKs, and Falcos who aren't DEHF.X

A conversation me and a pal had about falco being viable against mk. (viable being -1/0) and able to win at top levels.
Anyone wanna help with my little endeavor?

M@v

Subarashii!
At work so i really cant say much. But I beat mks all the time.....just...not the really good ones :awesome:
Fox vs mk and Falco vs mk are two of my fav mus in the game, and I'm confortable in both. Falco does slightly better imo, but many mks don't know how to fight fox correctly, so I usually do extremely well with Fox xD

As for the character lists, of course there are going to be more mks than falco; hes the most popular character by a landslide.

For Falcos though, sk92 used to be top level, but has been inactive. I feel right now Shugo is the second best falco. Best out of Country falco is Rain. Kismet is up there too, and Xaltis if he keeps up the work can start getting to these levels. There are a LOT of mid to high level falcos too(myself included, but there are a lot better than me. Plus I'm not a pure falco main anymore anyway >.>). Arty, Choice, Keitaro, and Xzax are all extremely good falco players, and I'm sure I'm missing some, so shoutouts to all you guys as well.

PS inb4 namesearches

Top Bottom