• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Master Raven

Smash Master
Guys, what are your opinions on Falco/MK? DJ Jack and I are permateaming and we did pretty good for our first time last Saturday (we beat Redhalberd/Lies and Vinnie/Nick Riddle, the latter which we recorded. We got NO practice before doubles began too lol). While it may not be one of the best teams right now, I'm interested in knowing any useful strats for Falco/MK that I'm unaware of.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Guys, what are your opinions on Falco/MK? DJ Jack and I are permateaming and we did pretty good for our first time last Saturday (we beat Redhalberd/Lies and Vinnie/Nick Riddle, the latter which we recorded. We got NO practice before doubles began too lol). While it may not be one of the best teams right now, I'm interested in knowing any useful strats for Falco/MK that I'm unaware of.
thats a pretty weird subway.

M@v

Subarashii!
italian herbs and cheese, oven roasted chicken breast, your choice of cheese, vegetables = everything, southwest chipotle or whatever its called.
I think I've found my subway comrade. This is almost exactly what I get; just get sweet/yellow peppers for veggies and Parmesan cheese too.

Also, is Jimmy Johns>Subway? There's a Jimmy John's at penn state but I haven't had a chance to go.

Vlade

Social Outcast
You simply cannot go wrong with Italian herbs and cheese bread haha

I've heard they have swiss cheese in America, is that true? In Australia we get Cheddar, Old English and grated mozzarella. I like meatball subs with grated mozzarella toasted so that the cheese melts all over...Mmmmmmmm

Choice

Smash Champion
we do have swiss cheese.

mav, i've never tried it with parmesan but that sounds good.

Whether it is subway or jimmy johns, the cost for a service vs a homemade sub is more expansive and insignificant taste difference.

Homemade > all.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this convo is weird to me because I work at subway.

chicken teriaky
honey oat bread
provolone cheese (is also good with swiss and and shredded cheddar)
bacon
spinach
few olives
sweet onion sauce
lil bit of oil on the spinach to preserve it for the next step
ALL toasted together.

ps. in america we have american, provolone, shredded cheddar, swiss, pepper jack, and depending on the store, grated mozzarella cheeses.

Choice

Smash Champion
wait i've been to jimmy johns too. subway is better.

toast it after you add veggies and only put spinach on it? also olives = terrible, i forgot i put everything - olives.

i've been boycotting subway for almost a year now so i havent been there in a while. they killed my favorite restaurant ='(

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
wait i've been to jimmy johns too. subway is better.

toast it after you add veggies and only put spinach on it? also olives = terrible, i forgot i put everything - olives.

i've been boycotting subway for almost a year now so i havent been there in a while. they killed my favorite restaurant ='(
Which one did they kill?

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I'm a pretty straight forward ham+cheese+extras man, but sometimes I go crazy and get something like bacon+cheese+turkey+bacon+bacon with a little extra bacon. For that reason, JJ>subway except in two aspects.

Subway has better variety+selection.

Jimmy John's has an unfortunate habit of using bread that breaks my teeth and cuts my gums.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
JJ bread is also dry as well, if they can do the toasted option like Subway I will piss myself.

Choice

Smash Champion
Which one did they kill?
it was this one vietnamese restaurant that was on campus called "Healthy Heavenly Foods" They sold vietnamese sandwiches, combination plates, etc. all at pretty cheap prices. What made them super awesome though was that after 5pm, you can go there and get two of any of those things for 5 dollars. Did i mention that the food was amazingly tasty and the portions were rather generous? Caz they were!

Subway offered to pay more rent to the university for the same spot that Healthy Heavenly Foods occupied and there was no way they could pay that so they had to close down. There was also a subway right across the street from Healthy Heavenly Foods, and now we have two subways within like 30 feet of each other. Dumbest thing ever.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I'm pretty bleh at hacky sack, but it's so much fun. I take one to school and we hack it up in the band room (i'm not even in band >.<). Keeps me alive these last couple weeks.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
For Master Raven's Post I can't think of anything special that MK and Falco have together on a team. MK just does really well at helping teammates, but I think Falco is just average in doubles. He can't camp very well without hitting MK on accident.

Choice

Smash Champion
falco's bair, dair and nair are great for follow ups, and mk should just nado a lot imo. always keep an eye on falco and establish some way of knowing how to tornado him safely if he needs to be rescued. falco should stay grounded for the most part to make it easier for mk to juggle people and not worry about messing up his partner.

are you looking for strats against certain teams or what kinda stuff? i've played falco+mk quite a bit

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
That would help for people who love doing dubs. Some people like doubs more than singles, so it would help Falcos a lot. Can anyone make one so we can try it out?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I say we get Larry to start the doubles thread cause he's the main person I can think of to use Falco effectively in doubles.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone except him do well with Falco. Sometimes Kismet or Shugo does okay, but DEHF is the most consistent. I need some tips on my doubles also, so it would be beneficial to me.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I just won a match with CG > Spike

I feel like a douche.

Thanks a lot Falco :mad:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That is not even that bad compared to some of the other stuff that can happen to this game like Ice Climber's CG and such.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
That also happens to me, so they just have their up B. It almost always kills for me if they only have their up B, but depending on Character.

Top Bottom