• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The only problem I see is when you transfer with paypal it takes a certain percentage out, and that might end up being a lot for the 1st place winner. =\

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The only problem I see is when you transfer with paypal it takes a certain percentage out, and that might end up being a lot for the 1st place winner. =\
it takes 4% out, opposed to if u had to claim taxes by getting the IRS involved which would take about 40% out. pick your poison

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
it takes 4% out, opposed to if u had to claim taxes by getting the IRS involved which would take about 40% out. pick your poison
Are you talking about the prizewinners having to claim their winnings on their tax forms? Because if so they would still have to claim their prizes paid through paypal.
If you're talking about you as prizegiver having to claim stuff, how come all the other big tourneys didn't have this problem?

kiwiii

Smash Lord
*buying ticket saturday*

edit:

question for plank: How much does the bus cost? i just want to make sure we carry the right amount.

and about how long of a bus ride do you think it is from the quality in to UMBC?
if it's the metro bus i'm thinking about, it shouldn't be more than $1.25 or something. just be sure to have a bunch of quarters on you. and dang, good stuff coming to pound :D didn't know you were actually gonna make it out

Cort

Apple Head
Lol yeah.. either way you're supposed to report any kind of extra income you made to the IRS

Atleast with regular check/cash payouts Paypal doesn't take a % cut for itself.

Kel

Smash Master
So it's looking good for me to go! I haven't registered yet due to not being 100% sure on my ride situation but it's looking good.

Anyone want to money-match team Bringing Sexy Back (if Sliq ends up coming)?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'll talk to Wobbles, but the *****, the Ho, and the ****** might want a piece of that MM action kel :)

kiwiii

Smash Lord
kel, do you and sliq wanna MM me and mango? ^_^
& is pirin still coming? :D who's all in your car??

soap

Smash Hero
Lol yeah.. either way you're supposed to report any kind of extra income you made to the IRS

Atleast with regular check/cash payouts Paypal doesn't take a % cut for itself.
so how much did ken lose to taxes from all those mlgs

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Are you talking about the prizewinners having to claim their winnings on their tax forms? Because if so they would still have to claim their prizes paid through paypal.
If you're talking about you as prizegiver having to claim stuff, how come all the other big tourneys didn't have this problem?
Becuase with so many people registering and so much money being in the account, I would have to transfer it all to my bank account to make direct checks. Any transfers over 10,000$ done in one month is immediately flagged by the IRS for them to look into. If the transfers are sent to each individual person of MAX $3K or so, it will not be flagged and should be able to slip through the system though everyone is SUPPOSED to claim taxes, its just rare that people actually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom