• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
IMPORTANT POST

PRIZEWINNERS:

Due to complications with (in order to avoid being ***** by) the IRS, winners will be paid out via PAYPAL. It's a complicated story as to why we have to do this, but rather than everyone losing 50% of their winnings to taxes this is by far the best option. (Plus we don't have to worry about people stealing cash) From paypal you can wire directly the money to your bank account.

SETUPS:

WE NEED MORE SETUPS. Please post if youre bringing a full setup, full setups grant you $10. I'm going to purchase a cart to help take tvs from cars to the venue. =)

EVEN IF YOU CAN'T BRING A FULL SETUP, PLEASE JUST BRING YOUR CUBE IN A CARRY ON OR SOMETHING. The LAST thing I want is to have way too many TVS and not enough cubes :/

Registration will go up at MIDNIGHT on January 20th, AKA SATURDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT when the clock hits the 20th. (unless im stuck at work til after midnight, in which case ur lucky :p)

THE VENUE

Here is an interractive campus map, PLEASE look into it, as i will not have time to help direct everyone to the venue. The venue is in the UNIVERSITY CENTER
http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/campusmap/map_flash.html

As you can see for those driving, lot 16 and lot 9 are the best lots to park in.

thats all for now i think, more updates later

BIG C

Smash Master
CONGRATS to NINTENDO!

with the announcement of sheik in brawl and peach being in brawl my mains will now be sheik/peach in brawl and I am officially excited for the game again.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
wife can house 2-4 people, preferably cool people. If you need housing post, and the coolest people will get housing. Wife lives about 15 minutes from the venue.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
College Park will be having a smashfest on the 1st, and we're hoping ot get lots of people here. We've already got a bunch of west coasters who are staying nearby, HugS Mango etc and we should have a bunch of CP people plus i guess anyone who's housing with wife since he said he'll be there. Also anyone who's interested in housing at CP (providing you can drive up to UMBC on your own, we can't give rides) post again.
We're not sure if it'll be in the denton basement like we had our tourney last november, but although it will fit like 20 times as many people as a lounge, it doesn't have AC and last time people complanined about the heat. We'll try to set up fans next to the TVs, and if you bring fans that would be amazing( i guess for anyone who's local, i don't expect OOSers to have to do that). So if you're interested in the fest/housing, post so that we can have an accurate number of people and decide how best to do this. It WILL be happening regardless.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I need housing, along with Pakman, Scar, and possibly Lord Knight. Mew2King is also riding with us, but he is not quite a person and really only needs a cage or something to sleep in.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'm interested in that smashfest. Currently I'm supposed to be housing with HAT, but it's still a maybe. I would like to stick with west coasters such as HugS or WA if it's at all possible

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I need housing, along with Pakman, Scar, and possibly Lord Knight. Mew2King is also riding with us, but he is not quite a person and really only needs a cage or something to sleep in.
I find that he gnaws on cages and over night makes not only enough rickiting to keep up the entire house. A burlap sack is much quieter bet.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
<-----kindly requests housing....after like a million others requested it >_>

It would ideally be SwiftBass, taki3d, D20 , readysteady , dead-aim. We'd be coming from about 4-5 hrs away.(driving of course)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
housing is pretty mucdh all filled up by now i think, i advise people to arrange rooms :p

Frozen

Smash Lord
I think i'll house someone, just for ****s and giggles. I live 3 minutes from the venue.

Any takers? pm me your myspace.

No Canadians or French.

_milktea

Smash Lord
This is pretty much a long shot but me and Nus are leaving Sunday from Pound at 9:35 from the Baltimore airport. Is there anyone willing to drive us to the airport sometime before that? If not we'll find some way to utilize public transportation like Plank has ever so nicely written out for us...

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
*buying ticket saturday*

edit:

question for plank: How much does the bus cost? i just want to make sure we carry the right amount.

and about how long of a bus ride do you think it is from the quality in to UMBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom