• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
sounds familiar.

lets do it.

winner pays for their own chipotle.
so does loser.
omg chipotle ...

x_x @ randomly large MMs getting thrown out
figures plank and chillin would be ones doing them ._.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
hopefully the 50$ MM actually get played lmao >_>

so im up for anything 1$ MMs 1-5$ actually

i main fox and marth for any of you who dont know me (which is like everyone T_T )

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm... thinking about coming to this. I need to make sure I have the time available, but if so, who would be willing to house me?

I would also need a ride from the airport, but I wouldn't mind paying for a cab or something if the house was kind of nearby. Paying more than 20-something bucks for a cab would kind of suck though, so if someone's able to spare me that kind of financial hardship... there may be food in it for you ^_^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Plank Falco vs sheik 50$ mm? All neutrals One stage reset? 3 outta 5?
No

wobbles, the airport, hotels, and hats house where most of WC is staying are all within 5 miles of each other with busses+taxis for trans.

Cort

Apple Head
"duc do lost $6600 to sanford kelly in what was maybe the hugest mvc2 money match of all time. the record was 7-4, sanford winning his last 3 games in a row"

this is nothing...
Uh, there's a fine line between betting ridiculous sums of income over a videogame and a friendly money match. $50 is a big step up from the usual, is all.
plank so smrt

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Uh, there's a fine line between betting ridiculous sums of income over a videogame and a friendly money match. $50 is a big step up from the usual, is all.

plank so smrt
That's because we are all enemies actually.
There is no room for friendship in smash brothers. I thought you knew, cort.

We take this **** to the grave...
Serious business.

Sliq

Smash Master
wait can i have some $50 money matches?
No, you can't [aZ edit].

And I accept all 5$ MM. I'm looking at EC and WC here.

Mango, $10,000 Jigglypuff ditto, best of 17, 10 stock, all matches on Dreamland?

Tink

Smash Hero
"i said what what...."

eggm....i would like MMsssss.....like, my falco, falcon, and marth va your falco o,0. 5$, all that only nuets. nonsense you want =).

any other MMs?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also responding to something I read really early in the thread by Greg about calling matches and having the players find a tv.

TIO has a feature that tells you what tv every match is being played on. Then its simply a matter of telling players to go to a tv that doesn't have a match currently being played. It should work much more efficiently than having the players find a place to play. I would also recommend no friendlies during the actual tournament if it will take away tvs (duh, you guys know this already but I'm just restating).

Anyways,

My vote is for nonregional crews, but I don't really care either way.

If its just regional crews (ie exclusive) I wouldn't make the payout high at all for the winners considering its not open to everyone (FC didn't payout to much, I think $1,000 total for crews, which is just 5% of their 20,000 budget).

Assuming a 300 person, $60 event, its roughly an $18,000 budget. I would guess the final head count will be between 250-350 people, though of course itll be awesome if it breaks the 400 barrier.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm coming now. Team Tractaaahh Beam is on it's way!

I just noticed the rules:

- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2
Double banned..does that mean we can pick it? XD

Drephen

Smash Master
Regional Crews has always been for pride, no money involved. I think it should be the same way for this. Just make it for singles/teams, and pay out to like top 10 =)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hell, pay out top 16 or 32. Haha.

Yea, pride sounds good. I don't really care I'm just trying to think about how everyone else will perceive things if they see a huge sum of money for the same people who will probably win singles/doubles anyways.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think $50 to each player of the winning regional team gives a slight incentive to play harder. more pride, but money doesnt hurt. (we'll have so much money to work with we gotta dump it in something). also, i dont remember seeing caveman's "pride" while sleeping through regionals, and being woken up only to be decimated by m2k.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i think $50 to each player of the winning regional team gives a slight incentive to play harder. more pride, but money doesnt hurt. (we'll have so much money to work with we gotta dump it in something). also, i dont remember seeing caveman's "pride" while sleeping through regionals, and being woken up only to be decimated by m2k.
Yeah that really sucked. I tried for an hour to wake him up, and he wouldn't.

>_>. He didn't care at all, he just wanted to sleep.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please don't say you need to throw money somewhere...I mean...its budgeting, and its a very rare thing to find a tournament that is UNDER budget, if there is money to throw around the entry should be reduced.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
LOL he got crushed and didnt even seem to care. just mad sleepy in his blanket, got up, and left to go sleep after getting wrecked. too funny

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think we've been over the whole "entry fee getting reduced" stage of this thread lol. seriously though, were flipping TA, we know what were doing. we realize the money coming in, were putting it all into the tournament the best we can. we dont need the flipping smashboards police going apeshizzle like they did for OC3

*edited for kiddies*

chillindude829

Smash Master
Regional Crews has always been for pride, no money involved. I think it should be the same way for this. Just make it for singles/teams, and pay out to like top 10 =)
translation: midwest is going to lose, i dont want md/va to win money for dominating like always

edit: yay @ edrees coming. :) good ****

hova

Smash Champion
1. has the crew thing been decided yet? i thought it was still between regional and regular

A. i don't think any of the entrance fee should be given to the winners of a regional crew battle. the pot for a tourney should come from people actually entered. if i'm not in it, i'm not paying for it. i will however give all the winner's piggy back rides

5. good **** TA

BIG C

Smash Master
-tink on big Cs account-
chillin said:
translation: midwest is going to lose, i dont want md/va to win money for dominating like always

maybe someone that actually did good in the last few crew battles vs the MW should be talking :p.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
-tink on big Cs account-

maybe someone that actually did good in the last few crew battles vs the MW should be talking :p.

>_>

edit
wait, i like midwest
T_T
*stays out of it* LOL

edit2
wait, but md/va really is going to win
**** u

and combo status is teh bomb :D lol yeauhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom