• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_milktea

Smash Lord
... which BUM are u talking about ... cuz the BUM i kno has played and defeated greats ... and WILL own PKM

wtf is PKM anyway ... ???

PleaseKillMe ... BUM will grant that wish ^_-
PKM is a really really really really good Donkey Kong from Canada. Oh yah, and he's really good :p. <3 Canada.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
1st round pools for teams and singles will be put up shortly after registration is complete.

singles will look something like 32 pools, with top 4 advancing. there will then be 16 pools of 8, and then 8 pools of 8, taking top 4 each time. this will create a 32 man double elim bracket. this is what we are shooting for, if time becomes an issue, things could potentially be different. only under bad circumstances will this happen.

teams will be 2 rounds of pools into a bracket, not sure the logistics yet but they will be posted on the first post when everything is planned and settled.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i just wrote up a long *** post and it got closed by accident, so ill brief it -.-

the setup for pools will be this.

singles pools round 1
doubles pools round 1 (during this time, singles pools round 2 can be created)
Singles pools round 2 (doubles round 2 created)
Doubles pools round 2 (Single pools round 3 created)
Single pools round 3 (Double bracket created)
Doubles bracket (singles bracket created)
Singles bracket

not sure which day everything will be on, or when regionals will be as we're still discussing things, but thats the general layout. saves the most time.

but most importantly, WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING SETUPS!! u get $10 for each setup u bring so bring them!!!
we want 64 tvs at least, so we can have 2 tvs per pools at all times even round 1. the venue we've calculated will comfortably fit ~90 setups, so we can have as many as u guys can bring. seriously, its that awesome.

Sliq

Smash Master
Nobody wants to team with me. Come on people, show some love.
I'd team with you, but I currently have a teammate for this. If he doesn't go though, we can do this.

Personally, I would team with D20, just because Team Time Paradox is 222Good.

chillindude829

Smash Master
IMO doubles/singles pools shouldnt be back and forth like that. They're very different events and it's difficult to go back and forth. Maybe do 1 or 2 singles pools rounds, then do both doubles pools, then go back to singles? idk, i just don't like the setup you posted raftbuilder

Alukard

Smash Hero
IMO doubles/singles pools shouldnt be back and forth like that. They're very different events and it's difficult to go back and forth. Maybe do 1 or 2 singles pools rounds, then do both doubles pools, then go back to singles? idk, i just don't like the setup you posted raftbuilder
yayy someone agrees with me ... the order at vls was bad it was too late

g-regulate

Smash Hero
chillin the whole point of alternating is so we can be working on the next round of pools while the other event is going on. i.e. when first round pools finishes, we cant start 2nd round pools until we create them, whereas we can start teams immediately, and finish making pools while teams is going on. then, when teams finishes, we can start singles immediately, and make the next round of pools for teams, and so forth, thus making the tournament run faster and smoother.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
:D im making them again, forkgirl! LOL
i'm gonna make urs sexy as hell this time :D YAYUHZ <3

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you better make me a special one, i have a christmas present for you so i better have the best nametag ever made lol

hugs for west coast captain

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I humbly request complete name tags, not just the little sticker you slap on your shoulder.

Its hard as hell to preserve those little stickies, and I'd like to add a Pound nametag to my collection.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I humbly request complete name tags, not just the little sticker you slap on your shoulder.

Its hard as hell to preserve those little stickies, and I'd like to add a Pound nametag to my collection.
AGREED!!!!!!!!

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
You better make me an amazing tag kiwi! Think of the delicious cheesecake. <3

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I definitely just threw mine out the days I got them.

Edit: After the tournament of course...

Also I like how everyone always asks for custom ones before the tournaments, I guess it makes them feel special? I dunno, I guess it does feel poopy to have a plain one. Shrug.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i have my fc and vls name tags. and i have watty's mathos, drephens, jianos, soap(who didnt show) and idk who elses vls ones that i stole.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I took my Evo nametag to FC, and then stuck my FC one to the back of my evo tag and put it back in the plastic neck thing.

FTW :).

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I think all of Florida should get awesome nametags. Kiwi loves us!

Right? :grin:

kiwiii

Smash Lord
LOL u guys are crazy. thanks for keeping the name tags to those who did, really thoughtful. even though theyre just little stickers lol. those who didnt, thanks for letting me know, so i don't have to worry about spending more than 5 seconds on them next time

im planning on making pound3 the best set >_> theyre just name tags..lol but awesome that you guys care enough to request for special ones haha. PM me if you want something specific on it if we dont know each other at all/very well (: but save everyone else the boredom on this thread LOL keep it to PMs and stuff :D! im excited about making them though LOL /loser

and yeah i must say FL is pretty freakin amazing haha
as well as isra. cause he's mother****ing team richmond!!! ****

edit
wtf @ big r. give drephen's back ... :( hahah
u can burn watty's </3 D:<
see oh kay too gud

Skler

Smash Master
I think I have to go with team paradox on this one (that means you, D20). Simply because I've never had such a CRAZYYYYYY thing happen before. The world will explode every time we pick characters.

Special thanks to all applicants (awesomesean/assman, D20 and sort of Sliq).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So who want's to team with me???

>_>...My fox is beastly in teams.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
why is there only 16 people registered so far.... come on everyone!
i better not be paying $60 for a 16 person tournament haha, although i know we'll get more. but its quite a long way from a couple hundred...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom