• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
@Rial:

if he were like, 9ft he'd have biological and sensory problems. it'd hamper him more than help
Bowser wouldn't be able to move. Your point? If we can make a physics exception for Bowser, why can't we make one for Ganondorf?

JOE!

Smash Hero
it's not physics preventing it tho, its his brain...

in order for a human to reach taht size they need a pituitary disorder, which causes bone and brain problems due to unnatural growth

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
it's not physics preventing it tho, its his brain...

in order for a human to reach taht size they need a pituitary disorder, which causes bone and brain problems due to unnatural growth
So... we're fine with a ten foot unnatural turtle-dragon that breathes fire, but not an unnatural man 2 feet taller than what's healthy?

JOE!

Smash Hero
the difference is, bowser is an unknown species

ganon is a human, we now the limits of humans...but not of bowsers

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Why am I even debating this? Either way Ganondorf's screwed.

I'll debate his size in some other MU when it's not midnight.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

the thing is, in that game he was fast, but seeing as how his head was big it didn't carry over well, there is nothing wrong with her running fast, especially after every sport game she was in.

Thinking of somrthing else sorry >.>

If one get's killed, the other might get scared etc. etc. I'm sorry I don't like reapeting myself

The match starts, the ICs decide to get closer, circling her, Peach figures out she is in trouble, or she hates them (or whatever), she aims and fires her bomb at one of them, let's just say Popo gets hit, Nana (being the BFF that she is, and a child so probably) diverts from the original plan as she has lost her brother/BFF/Whatever and goes to attack Peach, Peach finds her and throws the bomb, or hits her with her frying pan.
Nana couldn't approach fast enough because of her stubby legs
Regardless of whatever rebuttal, I don't consider the stats of a character in the Mario games true enough to be used as evidence of Peach being in shape and is fast. If we never used them before in he past, Peach is no exception. If you can prove she is fast outside of those games, then that's one thing. But I doubt that you can because she hasn't proved that outside of the Mario sports games she is fast.

If one of them is killed by a princess and a lucky shot, the other IC will get their revenge. It's a princess who has bombs (i guess grenades now) vs. two strong people. And why do they have to be kids? Olimar wasn't a kid and he is smaller than the ICs in brawl. So it is possible for the ICs to be more than just 13 yr. olds.

As far as your intrepitation of the match, that could work. However, I don't trust her aim, regardless of how much the blast radius is (still haven't seen any proof of that either). And I believe you are underestimating the IC's agility as well. If (strong if) Popo is hit, Nana is going for Peach. If she knows how tough her partner is, she will eliminate the treat first. Also, IMO, Nana>Peach when it comes to strength and speed, so she can strike first. And once again this is depending on if Popo gets hit. And Peach is a blonde; she would has as much common sense as any other blonde which is very little lol.

As far as Bowser v. Ganon, I'll repost my opinion.

First off, If we go by the sword he had in OoT, The sword is as almost as big as him. For him to swing it as swiftly as one may think isn't so real. TP Ganon has a weak sword; Bowser would use it as a toothpick. Only WW Ganon has a chance with his swords. Next, Bowser doesn't have to just rely on his fire breath. His claws, teeth, and horns all will kill easily. Also, Bowser>Ganon in strength. Add his scales (he's 10 ft; imagine the armor on a turtle and make it 10 ft) will be very resistant to the sword(s). And all Ganon has going for him is his sword. which leads me to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU_YCZqgcOc

This is roughly what will happen if Ganon tries to use it against him. Bowser is also strong enough to snap his sword and his arm. Armor or no armor, Bowser can just knock his sword out of the way, grab him, and own Ganon with any variety of attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEH0I...CBC47&index=92
This is the only way Ganon would defeat Bowser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkChf...CBC47&index=97
This is what Bowser will do to Ganon in RL.

Even if he doesn't have his fire breath, Ganon can only try to win if he has his sword. Bowser can just get rid of the sword and Ganon is a 7 ft. walking pine box. bowser has too many melee manuevers to just lose to someone with a sword. His scales would increase with his size in toughness, so Ganon would have to try and saw through his scales which would fail unless he somehow hit the underside of his chin or the top of his head. And Ganon coul dtry the latter, but Bowser could turn around and lean back, resulting in a grusome death. If he tries to hit him under his chin, then Bowser can duck or simply lower his chin to the ground. Ganon stands no chance in this MU.

justaway12

Smash Master
Regardless of whatever rebuttal, I don't consider the stats of a character in the Mario games true enough to be used as evidence of Peach being in shape and is fast. If we never used them before in he past, Peach is no exception. If you can prove she is fast outside of those games, then that's one thing. But I doubt that you can because she hasn't proved that outside of the Mario sports games she is fast.
The fact she participated in that many sports means she fast, they are true enough to her games, Yoshi would have been fast if his body wasn't so screwed up, that's the only thing you can take if from, unless her body is screwed up in a way, I don't know why you're arguing this without any proof other than Yoshi.

If one of them is killed by a princess and a lucky shot, the other IC will get their revenge. It's a princess who has bombs (i guess grenades now) vs. two strong people. And why do they have to be kids? Olimar wasn't a kid and he is smaller than the ICs in brawl. So it is possible for the ICs to be more than just 13 yr. olds.
Olimar in his games was as big as a nickel (or something like that), of course he is going to be smaller in brawl.

As far as your intrepitation of the match, that could work. However, I don't trust her aim, regardless of how much the blast radius is (still haven't seen any proof of that either). And I believe you are underestimating the IC's agility as well. If (strong if) Popo is hit, Nana is going for Peach. If she knows how tough her partner is, she will eliminate the treat first. Also, IMO, Nana>Peach when it comes to strength and speed, so she can strike first. And once again this is depending on if Popo gets hit. And Peach is a blonde; she would has as much common sense as any other blonde which is very little lol.
Why don't you trust your aim? She doesn't need great aim IIRC, unless something suggests she has disgusting aim, Peach should have regular aim unless proven otherwise IMO.
Nana lacks range, did you see how big she is? Especially her arm and feet, even if Peach wasn't fast (which she is) she would still be faster than them.
And where did you get Nana was stronger? Her hammer is too big for her, she has to use rope now.

Every blonde character in brawl originally were brunette in-game, sure she is blonde in the official artwork, but...what was my point? >.>

NO U!

Payasofbia: I think you're making a big deal out of such a tiny pixel, you don't even know what it is, this isn't just bias

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@Rial:

if he were like, 9ft he'd have biological and sensory problems. it'd hamper him more than help
Wait, what? We're putting him in the real word, that's not a excuse.

and what happened to Ganon's beast form?

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

In regards to age:

You've obviously never played Pikmin before. Olimar had a wife and two kids. That makes him a middle-aged guy.

Take a look at the IC's. They look like kids which makes more sense than them being *******. If I had to guess, they're maybe 10-12 years old. That makes it almost impossible for them to lift their mallets to make use of them.

You can even say their muscles would have degenerated because preteens climbing huge mountains would hurt their muscles, not build them. They're still developing physically and applying intensive strains on the body attune to mountain climbing would cripple development of said muscles.

This takes away from agility, speed and strength.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

The fact she participated in that many sports means she fast, they are true enough to her games, Yoshi would have been fast if his body wasn't so screwed up, that's the only thing you can take if from, unless her body is screwed up in a way, I don't know why you're arguing this without any proof other than Yoshi.

Olimar in his games was as big as a nickel (or something like that), of course he is going to be smaller in brawl.

Why don't you trust your aim? She doesn't need great aim IIRC, unless something suggests she has disgusting aim, Peach should have regular aim unless proven otherwise IMO.
Nana lacks range, did you see how big she is? Especially her arm and feet, even if Peach wasn't fast (which she is) she would still be faster than them.
And where did you get Nana was stronger? Her hammer is too big for her, she has to use rope now.

Every blonde character in brawl originally were brunette in-game, sure she is blode in the official artwork, but...what was my point? >.>
*:mad:Getting tired of posting these WoT and you not understanding me:mad:*

Ok here is my point. Mario baseball, soccer, ect. are all games in which Nintendo gave the Mario universe stats so they could have characters. An example would be Dry Bones. He never did anything, yet can be used in the Mario universe. And if you REALLY want to go off of that logic, then what the heck do you think Smash is? Nintendo tookl characters and the such from different games and threw them into one game. And taking that a step further, if we used the stats and techniques that could be used in Smash as a base for our arguements on here, the deadliest brawler would more than likely reflect the tier list. And as we all know, that is not real. That is why we try to steer away from Smash as a refecence to our points because the Smash universe will never equate to RL. So to prove that Peach has the skill and speed you claim she has, I'd like to see that without using a Mario sport game.

Oli was the size of a nickel. But I said that in regards to the claim the ICs were children. The ICs could be children, they may not be. I mentioned Oli because hs is not a child yet is the size of one. And they have only appeared in one game so to say how old they are is of little use. But they climb mountians, something that children more than likely cannot do, so it's safe to say they are not kids. That was my point.

She may have bad aim, she may have good aim. But when does she aim? We could say the same for a bunch of charcters who require aim for a projectile, yet they have all shown to use their projectile well due to showing skill using it. Peach has never shown any skill in the Mario games (not talking about mario sports) to have aim unless you bring up turnips in
SMB2. That is why I say she has bad aim. If you show me some proof of her aim and skill, I'll take that back. BTW, what is regular aim?

And why wouldn't Nana be strong? She climbs mountains with Popo; that requires a decent amount of muscle to do that for so long. She is also able to throw Popo so she has to have some kind of strength to be able to do such things. She also carries that hammer on a regular basis. SHe works out enough to have a respectable amount of strength unlike the princess who has little to no muscle.
http://www.tranism.com/weblog/images/iceclimber_03.jpg
How big is Nana (can't get any better pics due to me being at work and the banning of dumb websites)? Big enough to be smaller than Peach but stronger. If you try rock climbing you would know the amount of muscles are at work. This includes leg muscles. If she has the muscles then she can run. I couldn't find a pic of Peach with athletic legs. Nana also has better shoes than her. ICs are in good shape while Peach only apprears to be in shape.

The blonde statement was a joke. Please let this go.

REL read my second paragraph. I know Oli is a grown man.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wait, what? We're putting him in the real word, that's not a excuse.

and what happened to Ganon's beast form?
ganon's beast form would need to be in another round or such, due to it not necesarrily being anything other than a quick final smash in Brawl

as for his height in the real world, and why it'd hamper him: look at what hapened to the sega mascot when we ported him over.

that kindof situation...he'd unfotunatley not be able to work well at that size (as a human character) due to health issues. 7ft is still gigantic, he'd like as big as Shaq....and more muscular

REL38

Smash Lord
ganon's beast form would need to be in another round or such, due to it not necesarrily being anything other than a quick final smash in Brawl

as for his height in the real world, and why it'd hamper him: look at what hapened to the sega mascot when we ported him over.

that kindof situation...he'd unfotunatley not be able to work well at that size (as a human character) due to health issues. 7ft is still gigantic, he'd like as big as Shaq....and more muscular
Kinda off topic question, but why was Giga Bowser even added to the Boss MU's?
He was only a boss in Melee, not Brawl.

@Nova

Olimar's size growth to being 3 feet was a buff. Using the example of Olimar's height to the IC's is hardly credible to explaining age.

Take a look at the IC's. They look like kids. They don't look like fully grown adults. The facial features and body size also contributes to this. They're either ******* or kids.
You can't say, "Well it wouldn't make sense for kids to be climbing mountains"
This is Nintendo we're talking about. The company that has a chubby italian plumber saving a princess from a giant turtle monster. That doesn't excuse the easy fact that the IC's are kids.

You know how TV shows and video games directed toward the younger audience usually show young characters as the protagonist?
That's cuz the younger audience can more easily connect to characters similar in age. That's why anime/manga usually have teenage characters in them. Because teenagers are the ones who read them. Why do kids love Spongebob? Because kids can relate to his youthful nature.

How can the younger audience relate to some eskimos? By making them young just like their target audience. Using the claim, "that wouldn't make sense" won't fly. This is Nintendo and they decided to cater to the audience at the time by making kid eskimos climbing ice mountains to save the village by getting them their food back by killing the giant condor 37 times or whatever the storyline was for that.

They look like kids. They're the same height as kids. They were made to appeal to kids.

What can we conclude from this?

They're kids.

tocador

Smash Lord
The shell is really heavy, and weights alot on bowser back, he cant really move fast. I dont know if he can even stand with such a bulky(and full of spikes) shell on his back.

Plus, how is it even attached to him? A medula connection? I wanted some answers.

Plus, bowser is a big target, very vulnerable to sword cuts, he can just tank a giant and sharp sword with ganon swinging it all arroung. He would be cut down, it isnt just because he has scales he get to be imune to hits.

REL38

Smash Lord
How strong of a blow is needed to impale Bowser's scales though?
Turtles don't require super defensive skin as their shell does that for them.
Bowser can't actually go into his shell as it seems like it's just attached onto his back like a hat. I honestly doubt he can go inside of it, so it's just kinda there.
That means he needs very resistent scales to fend off foes. How resistent they are is the question.

justaway12

Smash Master
*:mad:Getting tired of posting these WoT and you not understanding me:mad:*
Sorry :******:

Ok here is my point. Mario baseball, soccer, ect. are all games in which Nintendo gave the Mario universe stats so they could have characters. An example would be Dry Bones. He never did anything, yet can be used in the Mario universe.
That's not a reason he can't compete, they are from the same game and the same franchise, there is nothing in the storyline that conflicts with it. He may not have done anything in the storyline.

The point is she did play sports, there is no physical limitation that stops it.
We used sports equitment in the past, why are people so defensive about it now =/

Beside even if she didn't, she would still be faster than the Ice Climbers and those stubby leg, much faster =/
Fine, other than the places you did mention it, I won't mention sports for now, even though there is nothing wrong with basing it off them >.>

And if you REALLY want to go off of that logic, then what the heck do you think Smash is? Nintendo tookl characters and the such from different games and threw them into one game. And taking that a step further, if we used the stats and techniques that could be used in Smash as a base for our arguements on here, the deadliest brawler would more than likely reflect the tier list. And as we all know, that is not real. That is why we try to steer away from Smash as a refecence to our points because the Smash universe will never equate to RL. So to prove that Peach has the skill and speed you claim she has, I'd like to see that without using a Mario sport game.

The reason we aren't using smash is because it doesn't make sense >.>
The games have different story lines, they conflict with everything etc.
Besides we are using brawl, ZSS got her Paralyser (sp?), Sheik (Before mixing with Zelda) got Needles etc.

Why don't you prove that she can't use sports, I know you did up there but that doesn't prove anything, who would still all day doing nothing except kidnapping/getting kidnapped?
How does Mario sports not equate to RL? The point I'm trying to make is that
we don't know what kind of training for sports she has done.

Oli was the size of a nickel. But I said that in regards to the claim the ICs were children. The ICs could be children, they may not be. I mentioned Oli because hs is not a child yet is the size of one. And they have only appeared in one game so to say how old they are is of little use. But they climb mountians, something that children more than likely cannot do, so it's safe to say they are not kids. That was my point.
They look a lot like children, I've been trying to find some stuff about them, I couldn't >.>
It still makes a lot more sense.
Pokemon Trainer catches wild animals, something a regular kid can't do, what about Young Link? Just because they are not adults doesn't mean they couldn't do it in game =/
Still doesn't mean they aren't children =/

She may have bad aim, she may have good aim. But when does she aim? We could say the same for a bunch of charcters who require aim for a projectile, yet they have all shown to use their projectile well due to showing skill using it. Peach has never shown any skill in the Mario games (not talking about mario sports) to have aim unless you bring up turnips in
SMB2. That is why I say she has bad aim. If you show me some proof of her aim and skill, I'll take that back. BTW, what is regular aim?

It doesn't matter, Adumb said she hardly need to aim at all.

And why wouldn't Nana be strong? She climbs mountains with Popo; that requires a decent amount of muscle to do that for so long. She is also able to throw Popo so she has to have some kind of strength to be able to do such things. She also carries that hammer on a regular basis. SHe works out enough to have a respectable amount of strength unlike the princess who has little to no muscle.
What muscle? Anyway let's use Yoshi as an example again >.>
He has been shown in games to got quite fast, yet he can't here because his attributes didn't carry well.
We already decided her hammer is too big, I said that before, little kids can't carry hammers =/

http://www.tranism.com/weblog/images/iceclimber_03.jpg
How big is Nana (can't get any better pics due to me being at work and the banning of dumb websites)? Big enough to be smaller than Peach but stronger. If you try rock climbing you would know the amount of muscles are at work. This includes leg muscles. If she has the muscles then she can run. I couldn't find a pic of Peach with athletic legs. Nana also has better shoes than her. ICs are in good shape while Peach only apprears to be in shape.
Prove that the ICs aren't kids, Young Link could be so skillful at such a young age, I think they didn't let him have it, Imma have to check.

The blonde statement was a joke. Please let this go.

I know

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
William Wallace wasn't as big and muscular as Gannon and his sword is as long as he is (movie did not enact the real size) and he is like 6 feet and he could swing it with no trouble so I don't see how Gannon would have trouble with his sword.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

No matter how bad somebody's aim is, hitting people with a ball that's 98.5 feet across is impossibly easy, stupidly so. If you throw in the general direction, it will hit them with the blast.

And come on, do a little independent research, modern frag grenades are 15 meters in terms of blast radius it's common knowledge, even a quick look at wikipedia will serve:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade said:
Modern fragmentation grenades such as the United States M67 grenade have a wounding radius of 15 m (half that of older style grenades which may still be encountered) and can be thrown about 40 m. Fragments may travel more than 200 m.[16]

Explosives are EXTREMELY effective, and for 2 characters not trained in fighting, it's a massive influence on the match-up.

tocador

Smash Lord
How strong of a blow is needed to impale Bowser's scales though?
Turtles don't require super defensive skin as their shell does that for them.
Bowser can't actually go into his shell as it seems like it's just attached onto his back like a hat. I honestly doubt he can go inside of it, so it's just kinda there.
That means he needs very resistent scales to fend off foes. How resistent they are is the question.
If they are too resistant, so why having a shell then? Better, if they are SWORD-DEFENDING resistant, he would be basically imovable, because the skin would be so tough and so hard that you wouldnt even be able to move.

I say he has just a normal croc skin(that is hard btw) and his shell.

Boozer is just a oversized(and feeded) turtle with spikes, nothing more, nothing less. He cant win agaisnt a guy that has a giant sword and its really strong.

tocador

Smash Lord

No matter how bad somebody's aim is, hitting people with a ball that's 98.5 feet across is impossibly easy, stupidly so. If you throw in the general direction, it will hit them with the blast
Actually adumb, it isnt easy. Sure, hitting anywhere close to a 15m(10m) radius is easy, but hitting someone with a grenade right at their face is just hard.

Plus, we can just assume the ic's will be at least running, and they can always throw the grenade back at ya. So it isnt as simples as you are making it look like.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

If the closet thing to Ganon's a human, the closet thing to Bowser in real is a reptile. Reptiles exist in real. The heaviest reptile to exist was a 700 pound and 13 feet long Alligator; www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp

It's said that it was BARELY able to move itself and got tired every so often. "Every so often" could mean anything, but since an average alligator gets tired every 20 minutes, we could presume that this Alligator got tired even earlier.

Bowser has a shell attached to his back, which relates to a turtle's shell. Turtle shells could reach a weight up to 2,000 lb, maybe higher. Bowser's shell is bigger than the biggest turtle shell on the planet, meaning it has a weight of much over 2,000 lb, I'd say it's around 5000 lb. The spikes provide extra weight.

So let me get this straight, If Bowser is a 12.5 feet tall reptile, with an enourmous shell (which weighs about 5000 lb) attached to it's back, how in the world will he be able to lift himself? From I what I see, he should be crawling like a turtle.

I'm quoting this from Wiki: "Bowser's size tends to vary from game to game, sometimes only slightly taller than Mario (mostly in sports and spin-off titles), and other times being enormous (mostly in the main titles), though he is usually at least seven feet tall." - Mind I ask where you got Bowser's current height from? He may be shorter than what you're making him out to be.

And yeah, Ganon's beast form should be a seperate character.

tocador

Smash Lord
Crawling is the most reasonable. Its just too much weight. If he stands up he will have 5000lb(or more) attached to his back, and he basically wound even be able to move.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually adumb, it isnt easy. Sure, hitting anywhere close to a 15m(10m) radius is easy, but hitting someone with a grenade right at their face is just hard.

Plus, we can just assume the ic's will be at least running, and they can always throw the grenade back at ya. So it isnt as simples as you are making it look like.
YOU DON'T NEED TO HIT A PERSON IN THE FACE WITH A GRENADE TO MAKE IT WORK! YOU JUST NEED TO HIT IT SO THEY'RE WITHIN THE AOE.

That is really easy.

As for throwing it back, that is extremely unlikely that it will work because the majority of the time it will detonate while they're getting to the grenade, and almost the entire rest of the time, it will blow up before they left the AOE.

Furthermore, she can cook them or bounce them to make sure it actually explodes at the proper time (she uses them, which shows that she has some experience in them, which also partially negates the "she can't throw" issue).

If you're within the AOE, you're getting heavy injuries or you're dying. Period. That's what grenades do.

Stop under-estimating grenades people, real grenades are NOTHING like grenades in halo.

JOE!

Smash Hero
If the closet thing to Ganon's a human, the closet thing to Bowser in real is a reptile. Reptiles exist in real. The heaviest reptile to exist was a 700 pound and 13 feet long Alligator; www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp

It's said that it was BARELY able to move itself and got tired every so often. "Every so often" could mean anything, but since an average alligator gets tired every 20 minutes, we could presume that this Alligator got tired even earlier.

Bowser has a shell attached to his back, which relates to a turtle's shell. Turtle shells could reach a weight up to 2,000 lb, maybe higher. Bowser's shell is bigger than the biggest turtle shell on the planet, meaning it has a weight of much over 2,000 lb, I'd say it's around 5000 lb. The spikes provide extra weight.

So let me get this straight, If Bowser is a 12.5 feet tall reptile, with an enourmous shell (which weighs about 5000 lb) attached to it's back, how in the world will he be able to lift himself? From I what I see, he should be crawling like a turtle.

I'm quoting this from Wiki: "Bowser's size tends to vary from game to game, sometimes only slightly taller than Mario (mostly in sports and spin-off titles), and other times being enormous (mostly in the main titles), though he is usually at least seven feet tall." - Mind I ask where you got Bowser's current height from? He may be shorter than what you're making him out to be.

And yeah, Ganon's beast form should be a seperate character.
dude, ive lost all credibilty with you:

"heaviest reptile was a 700lb GATOR"

"turtles could weigh 2000lbs"

o________________O

anywho, the biggest reptiles alive today are saltwater crocs I think (might be nile crocs), they can grow to be around 23ft long, and weigh 2,500lbs.

also, no he is not 12.5ft, he is 10 ft. he is 12.5 times heavier than ganon, if thats where you got the numbers. learn to read.

he is 4000lbs including the shell, although 5000 altogether could be reasonable...

as for mobility, i think he may crawl to ease the weight on his legs, but he can surely stand to attack.

EDIT:

Toc, if bowser was losing, would you be rooting for him?

you do this -every- match, you blindly follow the losing side

tocador

Smash Lord
YOU DON'T NEED TO HIT A PERSON IN THE FACE WITH A GRENADE TO MAKE IT WORK! YOU JUST NEED TO HIT IT SO THEY'RE WITHIN THE AOE.
Geez calm down man ><. Yeah i know that, but the grenade kills/injures you because it explodes the shell and the fragments hit and kill you. It isnt the explosion by itself, the grenade kill with the fragments. So the farther you are, its most unlikely you will get hit by them, so they lose efectiviness.

That is really easy.
Agaisnt moving targets? That can split up? Hum.... Not so easy.

As for throwing it back, that is extremely unlikely that it will work because the majority of the time it will detonate while they're getting to the grenade, and almost the entire rest of the time, it will blow up before they left the AOE.
Not really, the distance isnt even really big, and grenades take some time to cook to then explode. Calculating it prescisely agaisnt a moving target isnt really easy. Plus, the target can always change direction making it even harder for it to hit.

Plus, if she takes too long to throw it(cooking), they would just approach her enough to go melee agaisnt her.

Furthermore, she can cook them or bounce them to make sure it actually explodes at the proper time (she uses them, which shows that she has somexperience in them, which also partially negates the "she can't throw" issue).e
Im not saying she cant throw, this is easy, but cooking with really good timming, and making them hit is hard. Moving targets with a wierd pattern when you have little time to analyse and throw your slow projectile is hard.

Sure not hard for a trained marine(even thos the dont find it "easy") it should be even harder for a princess to do it. And no, just throwing them at a game dosent mean you are a expert with it :X.

If you're within the AOE, you're getting heavy injuries or you're dying. Period. That's what grenades do.
The AOE required for a old(the model they use is old, so yeah) grenade to heavily injure/kill must something like: 2-5 metters radius from it, with 5 being injured, and 2 if lucky a kill. And anything bellow 2 of course being a OHKO too. So again, getting it just accurately(with them sometimes even being thrown at you) is hard.

Stop under-estimating grenades people, real grenades are NOTHING like grenades in halo.
You are over-estimating them :p, and under-estimating the fact that IC's can move and have brains, and that you are over-estimating peach's habilities.

tocador

Smash Lord
EDIT:

Maybe :p. Why do you ask :O?

Nah, but not really, sometimes i pick my side, and other times i pick a side agaisnt someone i really dislike(pit/samus/etc).

But, if im even on the current MU, im going to usually suport the underdog, because i like a good'n'old fashioned discussion.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
dude, ive lost all credibilty with you:

"heaviest reptile was a 700lb GATOR"

"turtles could weigh 2000lbs"

o________________O

anywho, the biggest reptiles alive today are saltwater crocs I think (might be nile crocs), they can grow to be around 23ft long, and weigh 2,500lbs.

also, no he is not 12.5ft, he is 10 ft. he is 12.5 times heavier than ganon, if thats where you got the numbers. learn to read.

he is 4000lbs including the shell, although 5000 altogether could be reasonable...

as for mobility, i think he may crawl to ease the weight on his legs, but he can surely stand to attack.

EDIT:

You can't convert virtual size to in real size without considering in real physics. Bowser would weigh much over 8000 lb in real. 8000 lb is too much to carry for someone that's only 10 ft tall.

Where exactly did you get Bowser's current weight?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Geez calm down man ><. Yeah i know that, but the grenade kills/injures you because it explodes the shell and the fragments hit and kill you. It isnt the explosion by itself, the grenade kill with the fragments. So the farther you are, its most unlikely you will get hit by them, so they lose efectiviness.
It depends on the model of grenade, concussion grenades have a lower AOEs, but they're still quite effective, more so in closed areas.

However, the number of fragments is sufficent that you WILL get hit by them if you're in the AOE, the odds of it not happening are low enough to not even be worth mentioning.

Agaisnt moving targets? That can split up? Hum.... Not so easy.
Moving targets are irrelevant with AOEs this large.

She only has to kill one of them at a time too.

Not really, the distance isnt even really big, and grenades take some time to cook to then explode. Calculating it prescisely agaisnt a moving target isnt really easy. Plus, the target can always change direction making it even harder for it to hit.

Plus, if she takes too long to throw it(cooking), they would just approach her enough to go melee agaisnt her.
You don't need precision to cook them, you just need to cook them enough so they can't throw it back.

Which requires very little time.

And there's also bouncing them, as I said before.

Im not saying she cant throw, this is easy, but cooking with really good timming, and making them hit is hard. Moving targets with a wierd pattern when you have little time to analyse and throw your slow projectile is hard.
Cooking them doesn't require basically any timing when you're talking about preventing them from throwing it back, it's just "hold for a second, then throw".

Sure not hard for a trained marine(even thos the dont find it "easy") it should be even harder for a princess to do it. And no, just throwing them at a game dosent mean you are a expert with it :X.
Experienced, that's the keyword.

The AOE required for a old(the model they use is old, so yeah) grenade to heavily injure/kill must something like: 2-5 metters radius from it, with 5 being injured, and 2 if lucky a kill. And anything bellow 2 of course being a OHKO too. So again, getting it just accurately(with them sometimes even being thrown at you) is hard.
ROFL, dude you know absolutely nothing about grenades do you?

Older models had LARGER AOE, their problem was their AOE was large enough that they were defensive grenades (and they were heavier, so you had to throw them behind cover).

That was why the change occured, to transition them to offensive.

There were some exceptions, but in general, older grenades had larger AOEs, and if it didn't have a larger AOE, it wasn't really a grenade because the defining technology hadn't developed.

Regardless, why are we assuming they're old grenades? The game came out after grenades had universally transitioned to this, the fact that they bear a cursory resemblance to older grenade models means nothing since you can make any variety of grenades in a variety of shapes and sizes.

You are over-estimating them :p, and under-estimating the fact that IC's can move and have brains, and that you are over-estimating peach's habilities.
Really? Because you just seem to be confirming your ignorance of modern weaponry. Statements like "old grenades had smaller AOEs" shoot your credibility to heck.

REL38

Smash Lord
JOE!; said:
Stuff

Or you could just say, "But he's a Koopa, not a turtle, duh"

It's been said for the PokemAns, why not Bowser :p

If Toc didn't defend the losing side, then we'd end up with 1liners for these MU's.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok...did some hw and found out the ICs are a boy and girl. Because of that, their muscles aren't as adapt, they aren't as fast and they cannot support their hammers in RL. I'll give you that one REL.

@ adum
I asked before can you show me what her bombs/grenades look like and their blast radius. The rest of what you said to me isn't important. If you show me her bombs and how destrucive their are, I'll take back that point. Until then, all this explaining of grenades is inconsequential. :ohwell:

@ justaway
She can use the equpiment. But what you were saying was she is in shape because of the games that she was in participating in sports. Anyone can swing a golf club around and do damage.
As far as using those games as a reason for her being in shape, I'll use what you said:
The reason we aren't using smash is because it doesn't make sense >.>
The games have different story lines, they conflict with everything etc.

Bowser would never play a friendly game of anything with Mario, or any of them for that matter. Peach has never shown any type of training before so why does she suddenly have a physical skillset now? She doesn't train at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Peach#Appearances
In every Mario game that she has been in, she is kidnapped. The only exception is her own RPG. And we never used stats from any other game to validate a character's strength; why would we now (made this point already)?

tocador

Smash Lord
It depends on the model of grenade, concussion grenades have a lower AOEs, but they're still quite effective, more so in closed areas.

However, the number of fragments is sufficent that you WILL get hit by them if you're in the AOE, the odds of it not happening are low enough to not even be worth mentioning.

Getting hit by only a bit of fragments(if you are over 6m of hte explosion) would cause medium to no pain. Sometimes even almost no pain(10m+) as you are too far and the fragments go everywhere.

Moving targets are irrelevant with AOEs this large.
No they arent. As soon as she trows a nade, the time for it to travel, what, 20 metters, is time enough you can run more than 10 metters. It isnt that hard to dont get killed by them.

She only has to kill one of them at a time too.
And when she is killing one the other stands still right?

You don't need precision to cook them, you just need to cook them enough so they can't throw it back.

Which requires very little time.
Old grenades used to take about 5 seconds or more to explode after triggered. "Waiting" a little time isnt as easy as you think, if you wait to long, mid-air explosion, if you wait to little, they can run or throw it back.

And there's also bouncing them, as I said before.[/QUOTE]

This screws up prescision even more.

Cooking them doesn't require basically any timing when you're talking about preventing them from throwing it back, it's just "hold for a second, then throw".[/QUOTE]

It isnt that easy, what is "holding for a second", is she going to have a clock alongside with her? Holding for a sec is different from person to person, and in a need to calculate trajetories and cook them and look for 2 of them at the same tiem screws your mind up.

Experienced, that's the keyword.

ROFL, dude you know absolutely nothing about grenades do you?

Older models had LARGER AOE, their problem was their AOE was large enough that they were defensive grenades (and they were heavier, so you had to throw them behind cover).

That was why the change occured, to transition them to offensive.

There were some exceptions, but in general, older grenades had larger AOEs, and if it didn't have a larger AOE, it wasn't really a grenade because the defining technology hadn't developed.

Regardless, why are we assuming they're old grenades? The game came out after grenades had universally transitioned to this, the fact that they bear a cursory resemblance to older grenade models means nothing since you can make any variety of grenades in a variety of shapes and sizes.[/QUOTE]

They assemble to old grenades and the game is kinda oldish, we cant assume they have a better tech than now-a-days, and like visual is our only info here, it is only logical to assume they are old.

Really? Because you just seem to be confirming your ignorance of modern weaponry. Statements like "old grenades had smaller AOEs" shoot your credibility to heck.
You are dumb for putting words on my mouth. I never said they had smaller Aoe than new ones. If you cant read dont blame me for it ¬¬. I only said that the Aoe in which they would at least be effective was 2-5(or bellow than 2, but you get my point) metters, i never said this was shorter or bigger than new ones.

Adum, in a need to prove me wrong, you dont stop saying BS, and claim that i said those BS when i didnt and in fact you misread. Dont blame me for it if its your fault.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Squats and oats.

Top Bottom