• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
Due to the old thread being abandoned by it's OP, I have taken the liberty of taking over the thread.

This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers, as well as other games! This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible.

For example, week one featured Link vs Marth. We took into account that Link had better armor overall than Marth due to having leather clothes, chainmail, and a shield. Marth only sported shoulderpads, while good for attacking his neck...left the rest of his body wide open.

SEASON 2 ARCHIVE

WEEK 1: RYU (Ninja Gaiden) vs KRATOS (God of War) pg 1167-1169

WEEK 2: PRINCE OF PERSIA vs ASSASSIN'S CREED pg 1169 - 1170

WEEK 3: LEFT 4 DEAD 1 Crew vs LEFT 4 DEAD 2 Crew pg 1170-1172 DRAW

WEEK 4: LOCUST vs COVENANT ELITE pg 1172-1174

WEEK 5: KRAID vs GOHMA pg 1174-1176

WEEK 6: CRONO (Chrono Trigger) vs CLOUD (Final Fantasy) pg 1176-1189

WEEK 7: CRASH BANDICOOT vs SPYRO THE DRAGON pg 1189-1197

WEEK 8: SEPHIROTH vs GRAY FOX pg 1197-1202

WEEK 9: KING K.ROOL vs DINGODILE pg 1202 - ???

WEEK 10: GROUDON vs DIALGA pg 1205 - 1209

WEEK 11: BLACK KNIGHT (Fire Emblem) vs NIGHTMARE (Soul Calibur) pg 1209 - 1215

WEEK 12: RATCHET & CLANK vs JAK & DAXTER pg 1215 - 1219

WEEK 13: TYRANITAR vs GARCHOMP pg 1219 - 1224

WEEK 14: IVY (Soul Calibur) vs CRIMSON VIPER (SF IV) pg 1224 - 1232

WEEK 15: METAL GEAR RAY vs METAL OVERLORD (Sonic Heroes) pg 1232 - 1233

WEEK 16: ROBOTNIK vs WILY pg 1233 - 1235

WEEK 17: BANJO-KAZOOIE vs CONKER pg 1235 - 1236

WEEK 18: SALAMENCE vs DRAGONITE pg 1236 - 1242

WEEK 19: LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT (Tomb Raider) pg 1242 - ???

This Week's new matchup is......​

IN THIS PISTOL-PACKED SHOOT OUT...

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?

LEON:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11233934&postcount=18618

SEASON 1 CHART / MATCHES

This chart displays all past MU's and the like, and shows the rankings at the far right based upon win/loss. Below is an archive of the battles that took place in the thread.

ROUND 1 RESULTS:​

ROUND 2 RESULTS:​

ROUND 3 RESULTS:​

ROUND 4 RESULTS:​

ROUND 5 RESULTS:​

SEASON 1 TIER LIST

Each brawler's score from the chart is listed as follows: Wins - Losses - Draws

S(amus) Tier
1. :samus2: 38-0
With her armored powersuit, RPG-like missile, targeting system and Electrolaser arm canon, it is no surprise the galaxy's greatest hunter is also it's Deadliest Brawler.

A Tier
2. :fox: 35-1-2
With agility and a rapid-fire energy weapon, it is no surprise Fox is the next deadliest, with only Samus defeating him in battle.

3. :zerosuitsamus: 35-2-1
Even without her armor, Samus sports a powerful hand-held electrolaser, and superior melee training.

4. :snake: 34-1-3
The world's finest soldier sports an arsenal of weaponry enough for almost any fight. Unfortunately future tech keeps him from being the best.

5. :wolf: 34-3-1
With ferocious melee potency, body armor and a powerful gun, Wolf is not a fighter to be trifled with! However, trading in rapid fire, range and accuracy for power in his gun cost him from not letting fox take 2nd spot...

6. :bowser2: 33-5
SIZE MATTERS. The biggest Brawler this season, Bowser went to town on his foes with his incredible power and fiery breath! However, those above him on the list were able to take the behemoth down with some heavy firepower of their own.

7. :falco: 32-6
Rounding off the A tier is Falco, with his sniper-like gun. It trades power and speed for accuracy and range, but being the best at long-range only gets you so far if you cant compete as well in close combat.

B Tier
8. :link2: :mario2: :falcon: 30-8
Oddly, 3 Brawlers attained the same score, but are still ranked from left to right.

Link sports an incredible arsenal that is deadly at all ranges. however, being limited to medieval weaponry and armor prevents him from getting into the top tier where guns prevail.

Mario, like link, sports a good arsenal from throwing hammers to the super-scope! Unfortunately, the scope severely lacks in killing power, and he is outclassed easily in melee range.

Justice Incarnate is the opposite of Mario, being extremely potent in melee combat, but only having an energy pistol to defend himself with. Unlike ZSS however he lacks genetic tampering and his gun isn't as good as an electrolaser, which can bypass armor.

11. :zelda:/:shiek: 29-9
Zelda and Shiek were consolidated into a single fighter after realizing there weren't as many key differences between the split personas, and even using each other's "stats" in their matches. That said, "Shelda" brings ninja-like skill to the game, as well a smoke bombs, a light bow and sword, and deadly needles.

12. :ike: :luigi2: 25-13
Rounding off B tier are Ike and Weegee.

Ike sports the always impressive Ragnel, throwing knives, and armor. This combo makes him a killer at mid and close range, but he falters when fought from afar.

Weegee is like Mario, but only with more mobility and less melee combat prowess. He sports throwing hammers like his bro, but no super-scope, leaving him lacking at both long and melee range.

C Tier
14. :ganondorf: 24-14
The most potent melee combatant, Ganondorf ruined everyone he could get his mits on, even going toe to toe with Bowser! However, the dark king of evil has literally no ranged options, relying on his armor to protect him, but even then it is no match for energy weaponry or gunpowder.

15. :toonlink: 23-15
Like his larger counterpart, Toon/Young link had great options at all ranges. However, being small is quite the handicap, meaning his weapons are less powerful and he is easier to kill.

16. :roymelee: 22-15-1
Our Boi returns to the battlefield sporting his longsword and the best armor out of the FE crew! Unfortunately for him, like ganondorf, Roy sports no ranged weaponry, keeping him down on the list.

17. :ivysaur: 21-15-2
The biggest surprise of Season 1, Ivysaur showed us that grass/poison types are not to be trifled with! With the ability to make the very air you breath deadly, only certain characters could even compete with ivy, that said she was still just an animal and ranged attacks neutralize her poisonous cloud.

18. :pit: 21-16-1
Sporting a very light bow, and an impressive tower shield, Pit could rain down rapid-fire arrows from relative safety. However, despite being rapid fire his arrows had horrid range, and if you got past the shield he is essentially screwed.

19. :marth: 21-17
Marth finishes C tier with his Falchion. Unfortunately for him, he sports the worst problems plaguing those of C tier: he is essentially stuck in melee range, and he lacks any "real" armor (sorry, shoulder pads don't count).

D Tier
20. :dk2: 19-18-1
The Leader of the bunch was a formidable foe for many, but unfortunately brute power only brings you so far vs things such as swords and guns.

21. :diddy: :ness2: 16-22
Diddy is essentially a smaller, more agile DK. He possesses strength none of our humans (except maybe Ike, Ganon and Wario) could dream of, as well as a knack for using bludgeoning weapons such as a star-guitar.

Ness possesses potency up close with his Baseball bat, and mid-range with his bombs. however, his arsenal isn't like Toon Link's, making the disadvantages of being a kid even greater.

23. :lucas: 15-23
Essentially the shadow of Ness, Lucas is younger and lacks the melee competency of Ness.

24. :pikachu2: :peach: 14-24
Pikachu, like Ivysaur, was a bit of a surprise. having a bio-electric touch of death is a great advantage, as is being extremely small and agile, however he is required to get close to kill, and is terribly easy to kill himself.

Peach is really just some chick when it comes down to it. her saving grace however is her bombs from SMRPG, but even those don't get her far as she is untrained in combat

E Tier
26. :olimar: 13-24-1
The oddest brawler, Olimar was given a size buff in order to compete with the cast, to about his brawl size of 4ft. But even this wasn't enough as his pikmin aren't as effective a fighting force against competent opponents, and he himself is very fragile.

27. :charizard: :popo: 13-25
Charizard was a huge let-down, he had very high expectations with his ability to spray fire, but his size and mobility issues severely hamper him.

The Ice Climbers have the advantage of a two-on-one, but unfortunately, they are kids. Wielding mallets, ice picks and rope, they could take down some foes, but are no match for better weaponry or body types.

29. :wario: 11-27
Wario brought brute power to the game, but that's about it. He lacked real weaponry or armor, and when your life is at stake you need all the equipment you can get!

30. :mewtwo: :lucario: 9-29
Odd that these two share the same score.

Mewtwo was the biggest pokemon this season, and used that to his advantage, as well as supreme intellect. Like Wario though he has no weapons, and no brute strength to compensate.

Lucario differs from mewtwo in that he was small, fast, powerful and had some nice spikes to dish out the hurt. However, being small meant he was frail, and easily defeated by those stronger than him or by weapons.

F(ail) Tier
32. :sonic: 5-31-2
Sonic, as with the rest of F(ail) Tier is severely hampered by his build. He not only lacks weapons to fight with, but has crappy balance with a big head and thin limbs, his saving grace is that he'd simply be better off than those below him and is slightly more mobile.

33. :yoshi2: 5-32-1
Yoshi essentially shares all the problem Sonic has, but has weaknesses in that he is a larger target and he lacks "spines" or agility to save himself.

34. :dedede: 5-33
The big fat penguin is just that: a big fat penguin. He has no legs to speak of, so he is essentially immobile, and he wouldn't even have the strength to lift his hammer. What keeps him afloat is that the guys below him on the list cant kill him due to his girth.

35. :squirtle: 4-33-1
Squirtle is like Wolf in brawl: the "worst" good character. Severely hampered by size and lack of weaponry, Squirtle simply lacks the lethality to compete with most of the cast, but his bite and claws ruin those he can go toe to toe with.

36. :pichu: 3-35
Pichu encompasses all the things that made Pikachu lower tiered, but magnified. he is weaker, slower and smaller, as well as lacking a big electric punch.

37. :metaknight: 2-36
Never thought you'd see this guy here, did you? MK, like the rest of the Kirby Crew, is severely handicapped by his lack of limbs, not to mention he is a poof-ball in design. It's a wonder how he was still better than two characters.

38. :kirby2: :jigglypuff: 0-37-1
The least Deadliest brawlers are also the cutest..and clones of each other essentially.

Losing to everyone but each other, Kirby and Jigglypuff have no weapons, armor, mobility, NOTHING. They are essentially two marshmallows that can make noise.

DEADLIEST BOSS

Not only are the Brawl characters tested, but also the bosses!

META RIDLEY

Sporting the ability to fly, metal armor and an array of weaponry, Meta Ridley sweeps the competition easily.

GIGA BOWSER

With impressive size, fiery breath and a nigh impenetrable shell, only Meta Ridley posed a threat to the Koopa King's reign.

RIDLEY

Like Meta Ridley, Ridley sports flight and a breath weapon, but is hampered by a lack of armor and other weapons.

DUON

Possessing an impressive array of weaponry, and great armor, Duon is however limited by balance issues, and lack of mobility.

GALLEOM

Like Duon, Galleom enjoys the luxury of metal armor and great weapons, unfortunately he also has mobility issues, and lacks the array of firepower Duon has.

PORKY

A kid in a shell essentially, it is questioned whether or not porky could even control his machine! that said, the spider-bot has good close range and mid-range options, as well as armor.

RAYQUAZA

Rayquaza cannot fly magically here, so being ground-bound left him very vulnerable to the impressive attacks of the other bosses.

PETEY PIRANHA

Petey is just rather fail to put it simply. He has balance issues, mobility issues and is fragile with no real weapons.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wait--why are there two threads like this? There's the 'Smash Character Debate Tournament' and then there's this. Are my eyes decieving me or is there a not a difference? I mean...they're both the same thing basically, only this one is much better run.

daisho

Smash Lord
Wait--why are there two threads like this? There's the 'Smash Character Debate Tournament' and then there's this. Are my eyes decieving me or is there a not a difference? I mean...they're both the same thing basically, only this one is much better run.
well this one is based off a horrible tv show that was amazing.

Anyway... Falco would win... he ship would blow up falcon's racer car thing... i guess...

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Falcon vs Falco

Well lets see if we count Falco reflector then falco would have the advantage no due
But anyway seeing how rather slow Falco Lazer is compared to an actual gun. Which last time I check Falcon had in one of his games had a gun strapped to his hips. . . . his sexy hips must I add <_<. Well anyway if it hand to hand I must say Falcon would easily over power Falco. Falco spends most of his fights in a vehicle but never fights hand to hand. While you see Falcon with bulging muscles. I say the win should go to Falcon.
My last post in the other thread

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Well, I seriously doubt Falco's lasers are that slow if it were in reality; it's just slowed down for smash because it would be broken if it was as fast or faster than a real bullet. The bottom line is that Falco's laser pistol is a futuristic weapon and as such it ought to be superior to a contemporary weapon like Captain Falcon's sidearm.

I really think Falco's laser pistol would overwhelm Captain Falcon. Though if Captain Falcon managed to get in past the barrage of lasers, I would say Falco is toast.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
In reality, Falco would hands down win with his Laser Pistol, the reason is obvious, Lasers are refracted light through a crystal or glass tube that are focused into a single narrow beam. :aser stands for, Light Amplification through Stimulated Emission of Radiation, hence, LASER. The first part, Light, should already tell you how fast the energy will travel, and the Amplification is the focusing of the light into a single beam by using a crystal or glass tube (usually the latter), and the Stimulated Emission of Radiation is just the fact that laser is being radiated from it's source rather than shot. The only way Falco's Pistol would work like it does would be by using a kind of pulsing chamber door, but in order for that to work it would take something we don't currently have to make it simulate a laser bullet. Even so, The fact that it uses a kind of destructive laser already puts Captain Falcon in a terrible situation.

Captain Falcon's main advantage is ground speed, as in he runs faster than Falco, height actually can affect speed because the length of your legs affects how far that they can articulate before being forced to stop. So, unless Falco shuffle runs like a demon, he isn't going to catch C. Falcon on foot. It is also obvious that, like Falco's, Falcon's legs are powerful simple machines, both of them also show great speed in combat, and a good prowess with their individual fighting styles.

If it came down to hand-to-hand, I think it would be a stalemate, as they are good physical combatants, but the futuristic tech in a no-holds-barred kind of fight gives Falco a definate edge over Falcon.

Unfortunately for Falcon, It takes more to kill a man with your fists and feet than it does a weapon like Falco's Laser Pistol and defensive weapon, his Reflector, to kill with. Falco wins this by technical advantage.

He would have to get in quickly while dodging around Falco's aim then take him out with a OHK (One-Hit-Kill) if he hoped to survive, else he would get a laser straight through the heart muscle or his brain.

REL38

Smash Lord
I really don't see a need for there to be two 'character vs character' threads that are basically the same thing. whatever.

Falco wins if things are realistic. A Nascar type of suit doesn't mean it's invulnerable to extreme levels of heat. A laser gun would be hotter than your generic campfire.

I vote Falco

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Has Falco ever actually used a weapon in real combat? Like, a handgun? Because Captain Falcon has.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to go with CF, he's more agile, he's stronger, got a more well-tuned moveset and I personally thing that blow for blow he'd win in a fight. I know that none of Falco's aerial attacks can smash (not well anyway) but Falcon's has a good few. I choose Falcon to win this fight.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Falco. Lazers beat punches and kicks. and yea what daisho said^^.
Well Falcon wears a racing suit which can with stand heat for a certain amout of time. Assuming that Falco's lazer's create heat, Falcon should be able to with stand a couple of shots. Oh plus, Falcon has a gun to =P

bleyva

Smash Ace
IRL falcon has better agility, power, and intelligence. falco is an arrogant, homosexual weakling who hides behind a laser pistol that would give most fighters a run for their money.......

......too bad falcons gun shoots endless streams of **** and destruction, or else falco mighta had a chance.

in fact, it may be in order to end these "character vs character" threads, as falcon would win all of them.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
You guys are kidding right, I don't care if a Nuclear Missle beats a punch were talking about Brawl here not Reality, in a brawl match you can't give the win to someone based on one move, especially one as almost utterly useless as a laser, Falcon would kick Falco's butt.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
You guys are kidding right, I don't care if a Nuclear Missle beats a punch were talking about Brawl here not Reality.
This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers. This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible.
This is suppose to be a Smash Bros. version of The Deadliest Warrior so we have to imagine how the battles would play out in reality.

daisho

Smash Lord
You guys are kidding right, I don't care if a Nuclear Missle beats a punch were talking about Brawl here not Reality, in a brawl match you can't give the win to someone based on one move, especially one as almost utterly useless as a laser, Falcon would kick Falco's butt.
wait... you thought this was real brawl... and you said Falcon would win?????

And to the guy who said we were talking about ground combat... why?

There is no reason why falco would come out of his arwing. He would just spot falcons racing car and drive over to it and shoot it.... game over...

And im sorry... falcon's suit isn't holding up against a laser pistol...

DRK

Smash Rookie
Falcon is a bounty hunter. It even says so on his trophy. Why wouldn't a bounty hunter be able to take down a bird with a laser pistol (it's probably more like Star War's explanation for slow lasers, it's actually superheated gas expelled with the help of a laser). He's probably done even harder missions in the past.

I vote Falcon, though Falco would give him a run for the money.

hat!

Smash Apprentice
hmm
Both have guns
Both have vehicles
Both named after the Falcon.
Personally I prefer the air, so I vote Falco. Though Falcon is still more manly.

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
If Falcon lands a Pawnch, the heat from it would be so strong that Falco would transform into......
Roast chicken.
Yum yum, delicious.
THIS IS MENT TO BE REALISTIC. So his firey punch wouldn't count.

In my opinion, Falco would win, considering his laser would just go through C. Falcon's body considering it is super-heated light. So if falco at least shot C. Falcon's leg(s), Falco would win because C. Falcon wouldn't either be able to move fast enough or move at all. However, If C. Falcon could run past the laser pistols, then Falco would be dead. But i still say Falco would win.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Falco doesn't really have anything besides his Lasers, if Falcon can get past the Lasers, he'd win definitly win.
The point is, are his Lasers really ''all-burning rays of doom''? Since I haven't seen him use his Lasers in any game (then again, I haven't played the new Star Fox games). So I guess we have to dumb down the power of his lasers to the effects they have in Brawl, or maybe just a little stronger. If the Lasers were like those in Brawl, Falcon would simply **** Bounty Hunter, he has brought in who-knows-how-many criminals (like 2000 or so, GX said?), would a pretty slow-firing lasergun really stand in it's way?

I vote Captain Falcon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
cewl, 3 pages allready

THINGS TO CONSIDER!!!

1) the reason this thread exists is because that other thread is focused on game lore (like how Mario would have fireballs, or Link would have things like fairys)

2) This is not the deadliest pilot, but the deadliest warrior, brawl style. No vehicles.

3) Falcon has a gun, and his suit shoudl be able to absorb A FEW shots of the laser due to it being made for ultra-high speed racing machine durability. Its gotta be tough and very heat resistant.

4) Falco rarely leaves his cockpit, why would he have btter fighting skills than Falcon, who is a seasoned bounty hunter? He does have the technology advantage though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Does Falco have a laser gun (NOT on his Arwing) in the games?
in starfox assault fox had a lazer pistol, its reasonable to assume he has a lazer pistol as well, which we'll base of of Brawl's due to a lack of any other good source.

yet make it a bit more real in speed of the projectile, but keep the fire rate.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
wait... you thought this was real brawl... and you said Falcon would win?????

And to the guy who said we were talking about ground combat... why?

There is no reason why falco would come out of his arwing. He would just spot falcons racing car and drive over to it and shoot it.... game over...

And im sorry... falcon's suit isn't holding up against a laser pistol...
Falcon would then be in his car and outrun Falco since he goes much faster than his arwing.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
F-Zero vehicles reach speeds over 500 km/hr.

The Arwing is listed on the Star Fox wiki as being able to reach Mach 4.2, which is 5145 km/hr.

The Blue Falcon will not escape the Arwing.

Edit: Differences in planetary atmosphere do have an effect on speed, but I do not know to what extent. I doubt that it will have enough of an effect though to allow the Blue Falcon to out-speed the Arwing.

daisho

Smash Lord
cewl, 3 pages allready

THINGS TO CONSIDER!!!

1) the reason this thread exists is because that other thread is focused on game lore (like how Mario would have fireballs, or Link would have things like fairys)

2) This is not the deadliest pilot, but the deadliest warrior, brawl style. No vehicles.

3) Falcon has a gun, and his suit shoudl be able to absorb A FEW shots of the laser due to it being made for ultra-high speed racing machine durability. Its gotta be tough and very heat resistant.

4) Falco rarely leaves his cockpit, why would he have btter fighting skills than Falcon, who is a seasoned bounty hunter? He does have the technology advantage though.
What a horribly stupid and uneductated post...

1) So then falco and falcon shouldn't have guns because those are part of lore...

2) The arwing and racer are just part of their weapons... If someone had a horse would you include that? That is the same thing... if for some odd reason you would say no to the above question then you can say "oh well if they had those they would never fight each other" well snake would never either... if he had some sort of sniper then he would never need to get close to his opponent.

3) Dude... you can't be serious... its a ****ing laser pistol... if he had a real gun then you would say the bullet would go through... but a laser pistol which is from the future and CLEARLY infinitely better wouldn't go through a piece of clothing... come on man learn to think...

4) What makes you think that is even close to true? Does falcon even leave his car in the games?? I don't know personally but I thought it was just a driving game. In the future im sure they had amazing fighting skills and developed some new type of martial arts or wtvr.

Plus falcon's gun would be ineffective since falco has a reflector.

Edit: I hope through my sarcasm and overall jerkiness you can actually see my points... please don't take it personally.

Top Bottom