• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Taj's Character Match-Up Discussion

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
It is more and more likely that I'll quit after GENESIS. I guess it will depend on how well I do. Otherwise I may end up just maining M2 exclusively and releasing more vids for people to enjoy. Don't get your hopes up though.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well Ill be sad to see u go. Im kinda bored with marth atm lol. So I been playing m2 and I hate hearing ok play your marth now even after I win lol.

It would **** if u went m2 only for sometime tho.

and whats the stipulation on doing well, if u do well u are more likely to continue or the opposite?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
If I win Genesis, I'll definitely keep playing. :D If I get top 3, I'll most likely still play. If I get 5th, I'll probably retire/play Mewtwo occasionally and start on my going away project which will probably be announced after Shadow Claw 3.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Mango sends like everyone but Taj to losers
Taj sends Mango to losers
Taj beats Mango in Grand Finals

this must come true!
haha

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
dam I feel kinda bad saying m2 has always been low tier in my heart lol.

Well I guess good luck to all the m2 players who are attending genesis.

Taj I hope we get some games in. Im considering trying to make that tourney in I think its the 27th

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im saying that it sucks that such a tight character is rated so low.

also that He shouldnt be bottom tier but low tier.

m2 ***** and is fun to play. thats it. lol

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think that to, he deserves mid low tier (higher than Zelda at least, I think she's terrible aside from fair/bair) but I was just asking why you felt bad, but whatever, don't answer, I'm obviously not going to get it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol I felt bad because such at tight character does sooo poorly in overall performance.

read between the lines, especially when the response was directed at u lol.

what stages do u guys cp for m2?

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...I tend to CP PS for M2. I just like the stage in general :p

More seriously, I CP more or less all the "tri platform" stages because I'm just good at playing with that. I'm actually TERRIBLE on FD.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
m2 against spacies on fd at 0 percent is soooooo ****.

upthrow to like 5 fairs racks up massive damage. hit wit a fully charged shadowball if they miss the tech for a nice 0-death lol.

I like the lowered percentage of upthrow on yoshis and the platforms. Backair can kill at lower percents cuz the sides arent as wide.

I like FD and dreamland. thats it lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
BUMP of love.

Time to revive this ****.

Now then, who wants to talk about a match-up?

How about Bowser?

There was some discussion about it a while ago, but this match-up must be discussed, because most M2 players know Bowser actually isn't better lol...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Bowser is easy.

Dtilt into **** when he uses a laggy attack.

on yoshis stay away from the edge unless u got big nuts and know how to counter that up b from the ledge.

WD around shoot shadow balls of the baby persuasion

kill with throws, bairs , dsmashes

watch out for the side B grab trick, u cant shield it.

You shouldnt lose following this

TheLake

Smash Master
YAY to the above knowledge!

If you go can we MM taj?

zelda vs mewtwo?

marth ditto?

rap battle in pig latin?

Im down for either or (;

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I wanna play ANY of his characters. *Just rewatched the assorted "monTAJ"*

only...

hope you come up with mad cash.

@ TheLake. i'll play your Zelda, just to warn you you're probably better than me. I got time to practice and train though lol...

EDIT. BTW, can someone tell me the magic # differences for the stages? I don't feel like scrolling through the thread.

PS is like -5%... right?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You should just scroll thru, not knowing is one thing but admitted laziness is another.

I gotta record cuz my combos are coming out sick as ****.

just curious-Has anyone broken a shield with m2, Legitimately of course? I was considering IDjc-fairs for shield pressure-Taj you know anything about that?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I have... I was going to use it in a clip in Future Sight, but in the end I DIDN'T use it.. but yes I used DJC Shadowclaws, and D-tilt, my opponent was only a Roy, but.. still it's possible.. and looks sick as ****

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I have a bunch of clips that use this technique that I been messin wit-its not new or anything just never seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deIfGfI1gn4

Its a poor vid that im going to reupload, but I been edgeguarding falcon, marths, ganons with.

You can do it while they are standing and as they are falling-on or off the stage.

(note only the sb>disable part is important-the first part was just an easy setup)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
:urg:

Fine. whatever.

*EDIT* lol

Okay, then how about #'s I really don't know. Counter pick stages for instance?

What the difference from FD to Corneria for instance? Brinstar? KJ64?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Gotta admit, I've kinda given up on disable edgeguards atm cuz they aren't too reliable at higher level play :ohwell:. They can just jump/upB out of them :(. Plus Ftilt seems more reliable.

Thank God for bair :p
I can't say I've found it very reliable either. one really cool thing that can be done is the F-smash for an edgeguard, though that's quite situational too. when you think about it, just about everything Mewtwo has is situational. :urg:

Except the U-Throw... ;)

And I'm gonna get my sensi Flaco to go through the stages for the Counter Pick magic numbers with me tomarrow (Since he's got a very good DI). I should be able to post them sometime soon.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can't say I've found it very reliable either. one really cool thing that can be done is the F-smash for an edgeguard, though that's quite situational too. when you think about it, just about everything Mewtwo has is situational. :urg:

Except the U-Throw... ;)

And I'm gonna get my sensi Flaco to go through the stages for the Counter Pick magic numbers with me tomarrow (Since he's got a very good DI). I should be able to post them sometime soon.
Fsmash is decent edgeguarding, and its not that situational. REally anytime they come above the ledge and Im on the stage, its generally my choice because of its large hitbox.

The upthrow is easy to DI perfectly. You hold the controller in the exact same spot everytime, because there is no smash DI or ASDI for throws. You just use normal DI and it should be the same result at the same percent just about everytime.
Gotta admit, I've kinda given up on disable edgeguards atm cuz they aren't too reliable at higher level play :ohwell:. They can just jump/upB out of them :(. Plus Ftilt seems more reliable.

Thank God for bair :p
Its not the dtilt disable, ftilt is much better.

I do it sometimes still, and its always a surpirse to them.

But the point is that its flashy and usually done while they are at high percent as an edgeguard while they are recovering. When they try to recover they generally would have use they jump and be in the process of up+B and the disable knockback(not falling animation) puts them outside of recovery range. Works well on yoshis against ganon bowser, marth, falcon, DK, peach, zelda, link, and mayby roy.

Cups

Smash Ace
Date Eiji: His fists carry the weight of crushed dreams, you simply cannot hope to win unless you are on a higher level and know what it feels like to lose.
even though this post is almost 2 yrs old, it is still win. ive never been to the 'two boards before, and now i feel welcome lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Whats the most reliable follow-up after an uthrow on Falcon? It seems like I can never get the fair to hit. He always jumps out.

When it comes to ftilt...I've seen people use it on firefoxes and other edge-guards, but it usually trades or loses for me. Should I always be going for the dsmash vs. spacies?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
going Dsmash all the time against spacies is a good option unless your foe can ledge tech it. (Irish Mafia did that the last time we played)

As for your tilt problem, post a video so that I'm not really guessing but I'd say that you're probably not timing it right. It usually works for me.

As for the U-throw/falcon thing...

Um...

you can wavedash-utilt or U-air, but I usually don't try to U-throw a good Falcon as it can lead to a knee if you **** up. :urg:

Top Bottom