• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Taj's Character Match-Up Discussion

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I have a question... why the **** is Bowser considered better than Mewtwo??
Because general opinion on Bowser is that he has more options/opportunities to win than Mewtwo does.
Likewise, the general opinion of Mewtwo is still stuck in the "worst character in the game" mindset, people don't think very highly of him.
I think it's very absurd, Bowser gets combo'd alot easier than Mewtwo does, and that Mewtwo has a better moveset, but I'm a Mewtwo main, so I'm of course biased.
Gimpy, what are your thoughts?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Bowser is easier to play and more straightforward, so his potential is more easily seen. i think.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Because general opinion on Bowser is that he has more options/opportunities to win than Mewtwo does.
How? By struggling to catch the opponent? Boozer players have one thing in common with us and that's the reliance on mindgames. But more on that further down...

Likewise, the general opinion of Mewtwo is still stuck in the "worst character in the game" mindset, people don't think very highly of him.
Yeah... I get that a lot too. Mewtwo's too awkward for most people to get a grip on what he can do before they give up.

I think it's very absurd, Bowser gets combo'd alot easier than Mewtwo does, and that Mewtwo has a better moveset, but I'm a Mewtwo main, so I'm of course biased.
Okay. So I'm going to try to be unbiased here and list Bowser and Mewtwo's strong points/weak points.

Bowser.

Pros
*Decent range and large hitboxes

*Good knockback on most of his attacks

*Has good edgeguarding

*Heaviest character in the game and extremely hard to KO.

*Has some good options on ledge

*Has a very fast and useful Up+B attack

*Has the strongest forward smash in game

*Has good range with Smash-B

*By far the largest shield size in the game.

*Good horizantal recovery.

*Smash-B can grab opponents and throw with 1.3 times normal throw power, or can slash at opponents, throwing them into the air

*Has very good strength and durability

*Has a great SHFFL game.

Cons
*A very large target with a very high "duck".

*One of, if not the easiest character to combo in the game.

*Almost all of his attacks have a lot of start up/ finish lag, making it easy to combo Bowser after a single wiffed attack.

*Has almost no combos. The few combos he has are on 3 characters, are not guaranteed (they can be escaped with proper DI), and are generally only 2 hit combos.

*Possesses a very slow and near useless wavedash (except when used as a waveland)

*Awful standing grab range (resulting in a terrible shield grab).

*Fairly slow dash speed compared to most characters

*A lot of his KOs are dependent on his ability to edgeguard opponents, which means they must first be off the edge.

*Possesses a very slow jumping and landing animation which is one of, if not the major reason he is so slow

Mewtwo.

*Fastest and longest backward and forward roll in the game

*2nd longest recovery in the game, both vertically and hoizantally

*Throws that can combo and kill, especially his Up-Throw

*Powerful projectile

*3rd longest wavedash in the game

*Fast tilts with combo capacity

*Powerful F-air with combo and killing potential.

*Can edge guard faraway opponents by jumping off the ledge because its long recovery ensures a safe return

*Air dodging turns Mewtwo invisible, making it impossible to tell which direction it is going in

*Up-B special (Teleport) is an excellent recovery attack, due to its decent range and ability to pass through any attack

*Can moonwalk

*Has a meteor smash

*Can reflect incoming projectiles (Confusion.)

*DJC'ing Mewtwo's airs allows for fast offensive/defensive options if used smartly.

*Although d-smash doesn't hit both sides, u-smash does.

Cons

*Very big target easily KO'ed due to its light weight and floatiness

*Floatiness causes poor traction

*Exceedingly poor approach, due to lack of fast defensive options

*Poor spot dodge

*Forward throw does little damage and has minimal knockback

*Has a very slow dash

*Down smash is the only down smash in the game to only hit on one side

*Projectiles reflected with Confusion will NOT harm the opponent that sent the attack.

*Confusion sometimes leaves Mewtwo open for an attack from the opponent he uses it on.

*Highest crouch in the game. Therefore, Mewtwo cannot duck under many attacks.

Copy/pasted from the wiki. I edited a few of them and added one or two for Bowser. The real question is... Does Bowser's superior power and K.O. ability trump Mewtwo's projectile, faster dash speed, far longer Wavedash, vastly superior recovery, and a far better combo potential?

I don't think so personally, but I wonder what the experts opinions are??

Gimpy, what are your thoughts?
Yeah, let's get the Bowser master in on this!

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Yea, the rest of the characters are bleh!

Anyone find m2s jab reliable in any sense. Ive found it useful against ICs and big motha fukkas. I use it to thunder into a disable into a dsmash on spacies but it seems only good if ppl dont expect it. other than that you can get ***** using it.

any thoughts?
I've all but mastered every kind of utility in each of Mewtwo's moves, including his moves that don't actually have much real utility, but I found a use for them anyway. (Confusion and Disable) The last move I really had yet to master was Mewtwo's jab (Standing Neutral A).

There was a brief instance in Shadow Claw 2 against Dark's Captain Falcon (The scene where I play the combo in reverse then forward.) where I rise on the platform while jabbing, stop his aerial attempt and perform a falling forward air through platform. I've always kinda fiddled with M2's Jab but it was just one of those moves that just had no utility except making me feel like a bad ***.

After my previous Smash session with an aspiring Melee player named Tai (Tee Aye Eye), I've come to the conclusion that jab's uses are pretty much limited to a couple of situations where you can easily come up with a better move or decision, but jabs look the coolest anyway. (This is why I’m using it in the first place.)

The primary situations for jabs to be useful are against floaties that don't have a longer range and quick neutral air like Samus, but still have air superiority over most characters and tend to try and strike back after getting hit like Peach and Marth. I've found that your normal down tilt -> grab/forward air usually depends on DI, but if it bangs their shield, they tend to do a number of things out of shield following a down tilt if you space away from the shield grab.

Where the jab truly shines is when they try to jump out of shield with an aerial in an attempt to punish your down tilt. Down tilt > Jab > down tilt > jab Down seems to work as a means to mess with their rhythm as it hits high, stops their jump, and brings them back down for more down tilt or grab pressure. tilt > Jab cancel > Jab > Crouch Cancel Down tilt/ Roll also helps turn your failed Jab game into something that can start your combo anyway or prevent you from getting grabbed or comboed yourself.

Jab Combos have Zero utility unless you plan to bait an attack and crouch cancel out of it. I have no plans to find more uses for this move.

If anyone else has anything enlightening to aid in my jab theories, please post your thoughts. Otherwise, discuss how awesome I am.

Also, I've been doing some research into the jab also, and I was just about to make a thread, but then I saw this.

Mewtwo's jab is also REALLY good at boning people's recoveries. If I'm not mistaken, you can hit with the lower portion of the "spark", making M2's jab perfect for screwing up recoveries like Falcons, or Marths (providing you crouch cancel Marth's at a low percentage and you hit with the jab so that the spark is actually off the stage). After hitting with the lower part of the jab, your opponent should begin to fall a TINY bit, and if you're fast enough, you can down/forward-tilt before they have a chance to attack.
I've managed to pull off some very sexy jab combos in SC3. Basically everything that was said in that thread, and then using it as shield pressure to space against the shield grab works really well. Down tilt > Jab > down tilt The jab doesn't make you as susceptible to the "reaching" shield grab as a down tilt.

It is also a good "loose" anti-air move for stopping character's neutral airs or Peach's float where Up Tilt might trade, down tilt hits too low, and that disjointed spark is just perfect since it hits a bit further than M2's grab as well.

Mewtwo has more mobility options than Bowser, but Bowser is definitely a better "keep out" character. Bowser's natural playstyle is much easier to pick up than Mewtwo's. Most characters already have that SHFFL game down, Up B out of shield is a solid defensive retreat/punish and Bowser actually has a little bit of priority on his attacks.

Overall, at the highest level I'd say Mewtwo just does better against the top and high tiers than Bowser, but we have no case against against the tier placement unless more of you guys step your game up! I only proved that Mewtwo wasn't the worst, most people just make special exceptions for my own Mewtwo as justification for Mewtwo's placement, but think Mewtwo should realistically be below G&W in low tier and Zelda dropped to bottom.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Mewtwo has more mobility options than Bowser, but Bowser is definitely a better "keep out" character. Bowser's natural playstyle is much easier to pick up than Mewtwo's. Most characters already have that SHFFL game down, Up B out of shield is a solid defensive retreat/punish and Bowser actually has a little bit of priority on his attacks.

Overall, at the highest level I'd say Mewtwo just does better against the top and high tiers than Bowser, but we have no case against against the tier placement unless more of you guys step your game up! I only proved that Mewtwo wasn't the worst, most people just make special exceptions for my own Mewtwo as justification for Mewtwo's placement, but I think Mewtwo should realistically be below G&W in low tier and Zelda dropped to bottom.
I'm seriously still working on my game lol... we need time to catch up with you.

As for below G&W but better than the other bottom teirs, I'd have to say I agree. G&W is the first character that I'll readily admit is a better character than Mewtwo. Pichu is not, Kirby is not, Bowser is not, Yoshi isn't, and Ness is... well that's kinda close actually. @ G&W it hits a wall, but really...

As for bowser's keep out game... It is good, yeah. But all you have to do it bait him into doing something, find an opening, then punish the **** out of him...

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Overall, at the highest level I'd say Mewtwo just does better against the top and high tiers than Bowser, but we have no case against against the tier placement unless more of you guys step your game up! I only proved that Mewtwo wasn't the worst, most people just make special exceptions for my own Mewtwo as justification for Mewtwo's placement, but think Mewtwo should realistically be below G&W in low tier and Zelda dropped to bottom.
Yeah, as far as from what I can tell, Mewtwo does have a better chance against high tiers, but I really haven't seen a good Bowser, so I guess that my opinion doesn't really hold much weight.

We're trying to catch up to your awesomeness Taj, but it isn't easy. I'm not nearly even halfway as good as you are, and I'm not sure how good the other Mewtwo mains are. I think in time, Mewtwo will rise up on the tier lists, probably to mid low tier, if we can just get ONE (or two) other really famous/good Mewtwo main(s) on the scene.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Yeah, as far as from what I can tell, Mewtwo does have a better chance against high tiers, but I really haven't seen a good Bowser, so I guess that my opinion doesn't really hold much weight.
Stay away from Gimpyfish then. Nah... beating a good Bowser is about outplaying and out manuvering the big turtle... and Mewtwo is very capable of that...

gimpyfish just mindgames people to death...

We're trying to catch up to your awesomeness Taj, but it isn't easy. I'm not nearly even halfway as good as you are, and I'm not sure how good the other Mewtwo mains are. I think in time, Mewtwo will rise up on the tier lists, probably to mid low tier, if we can just get ONE (or two) other really famous/good Mewtwo main(s) on the scene.
Kaos is good, Iroi is good, and Mookie-rah is supposed to be good, though I really haven't seen much of him... I'm rapidly improving my own game, and will be realesing a video sometime in the fall. Hoping to be # 2 or 3 before i retire...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Jab is mostly good versus non grounded opponents, just like Brawl jabs and just about every jab (that segues into a multihit aaa) type jab I think

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Well, Taj's M2 without a doubt proves that M2 should never have been rock bottom on the tier list. Where in the low section is to be debated.

The jab stinks. Badly. Way too much windup, way too much windown, and messing it up makes you a sitting duck (only one more A-press to the spam version).

As for matchups...I wholly agree with M2 being a better character to use vs. High Tier than Bowser. From what I've seen, people simply combo Bowser into oblivion, then make him use his craptacular recovery to the death. Meanwhile, M2's teleport alone breaks up the HT combos and usually allows for momentum swings (I've come from 2 stocks behind to win several times). The moveset in general is much faster than Bowser's, and M2 has more combo dexterity.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is awesome! =]

M2 still belongs where he is on the tier list, just the potential he has, is very great. Just the amount of time/effort it takes to manipulate him into competetive gameplay against other characters is very unique, and that alone should be credited for.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Let's get back into character discussions, this isn't a tier list discussion. This thread is about how to maximize Mewtwo's effectiveness in specific match-ups. :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Quick poll!

Im just curios but who actually uses m2 in tourney?

Yea I think that there is so much to m2 that can be done. its just never done or seen.

shadowballdairs, grabs, and bairs are ****in filthy lol mindgames son.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
I just have some random idea for all matchups:

If you need a shieldgrab, put your back against a wall (eg: Pokemon Stadium: Fire Stage). Don't make it predictable, but you don't slide back and in 90% of cases the area in front of you is great for combos.

Don't use it vs. Marth (you can't grab the tipper >_>), but it works quite well vs Cap, spacies and Shiek.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll post on bowser v mewtwo later

but i think mewtwo is probably a little bit better than bowser once you get to the extreme top echelon of play (e.g. taj) - but until then bowser clearly outclasses mewtwo

also somebody said bowser is easy or something

....................................................lol

easy to "play" and easy to win with are hardly synonymous i guess

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer

but i think mewtwo is probably a little bit better than bowser once you get to the extreme top echelon of play (e.g. taj) - but until then bowser clearly outclasses mewtwo

Hah! He admits it! It's my win, Gimpyfish62. :chuckle:

But in all seriousness and on topic, I'm going to revisit the Fox/Falco/Falcon match-ups soon. Primarily, looking at Falcon offensively (Combos), Falco defensively, and Fox all around. Please discuss one of the above characters, it would be much appreciated.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Taj is it appropriate to rack up damage first with the tip of the Dtilt(not be at risk of being grabbed) until you try to get a closer spotting on your opponent with Dtilt so if they were to DI you wouldn't be as far from them as if you were to try to combo after hitting your opponent with the tip of the Dtilt into some fallow up.

edit: Basically the fallow up is a Dtilt Tip to a Dtilt that is closer to the opponent so you can ensure a successful fallow up.

edit2: I Just want to know if this method to you seems efficient enough.

Hi GimperFish62 =D !!!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I just have some random idea for all matchups:

If you need a shieldgrab, put your back against a wall (eg: Pokemon Stadium: Fire Stage). Don't make it predictable, but you don't slide back and in 90% of cases the area in front of you is great for combos.

Don't use it vs. Marth (you can't grab the tipper >_>), but it works quite well vs Cap, spacies and Shiek.
Yea thats been done on occasion but m2s shield is garbage cuz hes so big. You will get ***** with good shieild pressure.

fox and falco, dont do it.

Gimpyfish my fellow bottom tier brother. Get ***** !!!!!!!!!llol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
As far as matchups:

Falcon

One of my favorite matchups because it has be fun both ways. At low percents you can do ridiculous combos on falcon[FD *****].

To approach I tend to WD into tilts, mainly down, and I use shadowballs to cause falcon to stun or shield. Keep good spacing and dont get hit by falcons nair.

Grab and downthrow tech chase as often as you can and at higher percents because combos are less available. I actually like yoshis, battlefield, green greens, and jungle japes cuz they have small surfaces and make it easy to tech chase. BE WARNED this theory goes both ways.

At low-mid, dthrow, dtilt, instant djc fair[leads into like 2-3 more fairs], uptilt, uair and sometimes nair lead into more hits. I often like to end my combos in nair because of personal preference to keep them lower vs higher in the air [from uairs].

some links: baby sb to grab, fair>fair>uptilt, dthrow>dtilt>fair, dtilt>fair>uair>uair

Your kills should be from edgeguarding. Upthrow is doable but falcon is heavy and the longer you let him live the greater the chance that he will catch a break and get a knee off or something. Get his percent up then back throw. Go for the double bair, the shadowball [full], bair to back end of the uair etc. Just keep him off the stage. After a back throw I tend to throw 1-2 baby shadow balls to interrupt the jump and sometimes I dair and quickly teleport to the ledge.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I always seem to get intimidated by these match-ups, when they move really fast.

This guy that I play, just likes to wavedash back and forth, and then Up smash my face.
This other guy's Falco, I just am having trouble getting around the lasers and shield pressure
As for Falcons, I kinda like this one, I don't have too much trouble with knees or anything.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
vs. Falcon offensively...mini shadowballs are a godsend. Nothing Falcon has can really stop them (except maybe Fkick spam, but why would someone do that?)

IMO get him off the edge asap. Just vs. the guy I play, Falcon has a billion options on the stage (combos), while having almost none while recovering. Then edgeguard like a madman. I mean, his recovery consists of up-b, or fkick-jump-UB. If they side-b, then feel free to laugh at them.

Don't be TOO aggressive or you end up running into a knee. Space and either force him to commit to offense or defense. Vs. offense, a shieldgrab usually works, vs. defense do *any* approach that works (I personally reccomend chased baby shadowball). If you can read a raptor boost, then pray to God the falcon does it because it's bloody easy to shieldgrab it (no knockback, lots of wind down makes it nigh impossible to avoid the grab).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
vs. Falcon offensively...mini shadowballs are a godsend. Nothing Falcon has can really stop them (except maybe Fkick spam, but why would someone do that?)

IMO get him off the edge asap. Just vs. the guy I play, Falcon has a billion options on the stage (combos), while having almost none while recovering. Then edgeguard like a madman. I mean, his recovery consists of up-b, or fkick-jump-UB. If they side-b, then feel free to laugh at them.

Don't be TOO aggressive or you end up running into a knee. Space and either force him to commit to offense or defense. Vs. offense, a shieldgrab usually works, vs. defense do *any* approach that works (I personally reccomend chased baby shadowball). If you can read a raptor boost, then pray to God the falcon does it because it's bloody easy to shieldgrab it (no knockback, lots of wind down makes it nigh impossible to avoid the grab).
WEll considering how the knee stops fully charged shadow balls and the nair bair fair and dair and shield stop baby ones. I guess I dont know what you are talking about.

M2 is more of a read and predict. You take what you can get. M2 is bottom tier for a reason[although hes better than his current placement]. You really cant control a falcon, in this matchup. You have to read his offense and apply the proper defense to create your offense. If he is shielding the only thing you can really do is grab or possibly get a nair shield poke or an unlikely dtilt shield poke.

M2 can combo falcon pretty well but only the upper echelon m2's will end these combos in death a high percent of the time.

Start with tech chasing at low percents until you can get him far enough away that he would need to up b and grab the ledge if you were to back throw him:

in order to tech chase, downthrow to dtilts and at low percents you can djc fair.

To approach him with the sb I like to short hop and fire for spacing, matching either his retreat or his charge, but hit him as he lands. Nair spam can kill this technique if you dont have the timing. If you hit his shield you would want to be close enough that you WD in and grab as he is shielding. Same philosophy if the sb connects.

If falcon is shielding on a platform come from underneath with a nair, ledge cancel and nair again. There is a good chance you can shield poke with one of these and probably hit with a follow up attack whether it b nair or something else.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
um updated m2 movie collection, I did post it there for a reason. =p. I mean if you dont want to submit videos anymore than that's ok too.. lol but yeah.. just saying you know.. It'd be nice to see more.. updated m2's. Make Taj proud! =D

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Quick poll!

Im just curios but who actually uses m2 in tourney?

Yea I think that there is so much to m2 that can be done. its just never done or seen.
I do. If my Marth hits a wall. Mewtwo's the reason i placed 7th at my last tourny...

Boozer outclasses Mewtwo by being easy... ? Wait what?

As for match-ups... Fast Fallers sounds like a good place to go back to...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Remember that no one really knows how to take advantage of outguessing the Mewtwo player

!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea Im gonna start recording more. Youtube is calling lol.

Also I do start with marth sometimes. but I never feel wrong goin to my m2. I tend to go m2 exclusively on luigi jiggz doc dk bowser ganon. any low bottom or most mids.

I often will take falcons foxes falcons and peach with m2 as well.

I always use marth for samus cuz thats the one m2 matchup im not comfortable with. I might be but havent played a samus recently with m2.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Hah! He admits it! It's my win, Gimpyfish62. :chuckle:

But in all seriousness and on topic, I'm going to revisit the Fox/Falco/Falcon match-ups soon. Primarily, looking at Falcon offensively (Combos), Falco defensively, and Fox all around. Please discuss one of the above characters, it would be much appreciated.
Everyone needs to learn how to powershield. Not just projectiles, but aerials as well. Against Falco when he approaches with basic close SHL>dair/nair approaches powershielding the laser will give you the grab most of the time. I've been able to shield grab easier by powershielding aerials in general. Especially against Falcon. I basically wait until he jumps at me. If I know he will hit my shield, I powershield grab, if not then I wavedash back and dtilt or grab. Same concept applies to Fox.

I think this is just basic info that should be echoed. Nothing new.

I need your guy's input for this. A friend of mine is getting the Mewtwo matchup down pretty well with Falcon. At high percentages when I dthrow him at the edge of the stage, he won't DI the throw but he will DI the ftilt, so I started upsmashing him instead. It seems to be effective......maybe I should just dsmash. thoughts?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
If hes right at the edge not DIint you can downsmash. try a downtilt into something.

U might be a little risky and surprise him with a short hop dair.

If u got a full shadowball throw that. u might make him mess up with a baby shadowball to some edgeguard-walkoff uair or nair or bair agains the wall maybe

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
really, Taj, and I can't be the ONLY mewtwo's w/updated videos/matches? doesn't anyone else play m2 w/recent videos... c'mon. Add yourself to the list =D

well don't post it here but in the updated movie collection thread

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
no shadowball? or quak? or ..i mean anyone?.. *sniffles a tiny bit* Taj is so boring.. His m2 sucks.......LMFAO.. j/k tony! XP

Xyless

Smash Master
I haven't gotten any matches recorded, but I'm really not an impressive Mewtwo. Not anywhere as much as I used to be back before Brawl came out. I did ok at the tourney I went to over the weekend, got 5th in pools (sadly, 4th was the cutoff).

Personal favorite match was against a CF on Battlefield (Trail I think his name was). He was the #1 out of our seed. I was able to get 3 Confusion pull-throughs on him. The first time he said he completely forgot that it happened. The second time I baited him into it. The third time, I was about to lose the match, and he was going for the final knee in the coffin. I was right by the edge, recovering from the side. I had a last ditch Confusion, actually sacrificing my chance of getting to the edge had I missed. I barely got him and pulled through.

People were congratulating me for what I did at my last tournament there, where I beat some Sheik player named RayChun 2-0 in pools. Like, clapping, compimenting, etc. I felt so awesome, even though I knew I was actually only "decent" that tourney. And still now.

(gotta get wavedashing/l-canceling back into my game)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
really, Taj, and I can't be the ONLY mewtwo's w/updated videos/matches? doesn't anyone else play m2 w/recent videos... c'mon. Add yourself to the list =D

well don't post it here but in the updated movie collection thread
I'm using any Mewtwo stuff I get recorded for my video...

no shadowball? or quak? or ..i mean anyone?.. *sniffles a tiny bit* Taj is so boring.. His m2 sucks.......LMFAO.. j/k tony! XP
On second thought... I might have something. I'm not really planning to use any DK footage for my vid, so I have a match to post... if that's okay...

I haven't gotten any matches recorded, but I'm really not an impressive Mewtwo. Not anywhere as much as I used to be back before Brawl came out. I did ok at the tourney I went to over the weekend, got 5th in pools (sadly, 4th was the cutoff).

Personal favorite match was against a CF on Battlefield (Trail I think his name was). He was the #1 out of our seed. I was able to get 3 Confusion pull-throughs on him. The first time he said he completely forgot that it happened. The second time I baited him into it. The third time, I was about to lose the match, and he was going for the final knee in the coffin. I was right by the edge, recovering from the side. I had a last ditch Confusion, actually sacrificing my chance of getting to the edge had I missed. I barely got him and pulled through.

People were congratulating me for what I did at my last tournament there, where I beat some Sheik player named RayChun 2-0 in pools. Like, clapping, compimenting, etc. I felt so awesome, even though I knew I was actually only "decent" that tourney. And still now.

(gotta get wavedashing/l-canceling back into my game)
I beat a falcon player in my last tourny straight up and got a "Awesome Mewtwo" for it... dam it that they didn't get recorded...

Xyless

Smash Master
I beat quite a few people, but I could really feel my loss of mental experience at that tourney.

I've been playing all day, practicing the wavedashing moves. I already feel so much faster than then, since I felt super campy, and a fellow Brawler (Scythe) pointed out that I was being super campy. Made me miss the olden days when I didn't camp.

Top Bottom