• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj/Vman's Ultimate Mewtwo Movie Collection

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Only thing I want for Christmas is new m2 players, dedicated ones.

M2 isnt somebody you just pick up, its almost a lifestyle lol.

SDC

Smash Lord
I have seen what taj is capable of, he isn't lieing when he says that youtube can't even begin to show his depth of skill. I have lost my mind watching the man work his magic and I still couldn't imatate it. I really believe that his m2 is better than his marth and his marth is the scaries thing I have seen in a while. At genesis alone I tooked down kage with m2 in a money match. Some people don't know but that is a tough match is but it is still possible to be victorious.
I agree.
I'd like to see a whole vid of that match (you vs kage), if you have it ;).

Here is your mewtwo vs Linguini match, which I was very impressed by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8GQ...65348DC1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=54

And yes, the ganon matchup is horrible, IMO top five of worst matchups.

I assure you, I'm dedicated, just temporarily discouraged. I'll get over it ;). Taj is an infinite source of inspiration and encouragement by the way :)
<3 u taj.

It is kind of a lifestyle lol, I go to my room, put on my laptop a Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens debate on Youtube in the background, then practice on my mewtwo. Good stuff :)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I agree.
I'd like to see a whole vid of that match (you vs kage), if you have it ;).

Here is your mewtwo vs Linguini match, which I was very impressed by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8GQ...65348DC1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=54

And yes, the ganon matchup is horrible, IMO top five of worst matchups.

I assure you, I'm dedicated, just temporarily discouraged. I'll get over it ;). Taj is an infinite source of inspiration and encouragement by the way :)
<3 u taj.

It is kind of a lifestyle lol, I go to my room, put on my laptop a Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens debate on Youtube in the background, then practice on my mewtwo. Good stuff :)
Well no but you can ask him yourself, It was during the last day of gensis and I had called him over when I had notice him walk in. There were a crowd of people watching and I money match at least 7 people or so after.

@video I had just arrived from a plane - the subway - and a car drive to get there, and he was my first match. So yeah I was a little of my game, although I think the outcome would've been the same. <.< ganon is mean

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rabNAs-1Yt4&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZBzBWELK0&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIEZuBUZZfo&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2RUJ786370&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F8h2duW1hY&feature=channel

I'm sorry for the late Christmas; Merry Christmas!
-Critique please, give me advice.
---------
I have the right lifestyle to be a dedicated Mewtwo player; I've been maining Mr.Game and Watch for 5+ years.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rabNAs-1Yt4&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZBzBWELK0&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIEZuBUZZfo&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2RUJ786370&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F8h2duW1hY&feature=channel

I'm sorry for the late Christmas; Merry Christmas!
-Critique please, give me advice.
---------
I have the right lifestyle to be a dedicated Mewtwo player; I've been maining Mr.Game and Watch for 5+ years.
Only watched the first match so far, but a few thoughts: It felt like you were overly patient/campy. Yeah, you're playing M2, but if you don't mix it up, you freely give up stage control and limit yourself to few options. You were doing a lot of DJ > FF nairs there and he took them for a while, but then he just started pilling/ftilting you all day. As far as that's concerned, I think a little oos confusion/disable would've paid off and made him think twice about how he shield pressured you as well.

I really do think the biggest problem with this match was just how much control you gave him over pretty much everything. Retreating sbs/random ftilts/bairs would help in how much he approached you, but I think the key thing here is how much you mix it up and keep him on his toes. Not having any control over the stage pretty much took away a lot of your possibilities. It sucks to play a M2 and not be able to dd. :<

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
@ above post; NadaisaGod^

Why did I forget to use confusion and disable? Right when I started to upload these matches I realized that I should have used those moves to stop him from tilting me or warred him off! =( .

About using confusion/disable OOS: I'll be immobile if I do this I think. I'll have to hear other Mewtwo mains thoughts on this before I start doing this.

About mixing it up: Good thought, I did lack a mix up game. I didn't do any/if any, retreating attacks. This advice is appreciated =)

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
@ above post; NadaisaGod^

Why did I forget to use confusion and disable? Right when I started to upload these matches I realized that I should have used those moves to stop him from tilting me or warred him off! =( .

About using confusion/disable OOS: I'll be immobile if I do this I think. I'll have to hear other Mewtwo mains thoughts on this before I start doing this.

About mixing it up: Good thought, I did lack a mix up game. I didn't do any/if any, retreating attacks. This advice is appreciated =)
The way he was approaching you after a certain point was really just depressing. He was just walking straight toward you and ftilting your shield over and over, just out of range of pretty much everything. The disable oos is pretty safe if you time it correctly/don't use it liberally, I don't have any frame data on hand, but from personal experience it works. I'm pretty sure I've seen Taj/other known M2 players both advocate/do it quite a few times as well; it's deceptively quick.

Also, I forgot to mention, you probably could've gotten in a few good mindgames with teleport that were missed. For example, calling his aerial pills with a predicted teleport can get you into some surprisingly good vantage points. M2 has a hard time getting in on Doc, but once he does, you can't waste the opportunity.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Also, I forgot to mention, you probably could've gotten in a few good mindgames with teleport that were missed. For example, calling his aerial pills with a predicted teleport can get you into some surprisingly good vantage points. M2 has a hard time getting in on Doc, but once he does, you can't waste the opportunity.
I was just thinking of that after posting my reply to your previous post XD !!!

Thanks for the furthering advice and tips on your part.

SDC

Smash Lord
Disable and Confusion OoS are not the best things in the world, they are good to through in once in a while, but don't do it too much, as they will punish you for it. Teleport OoS is a moderately safe option, give yourself some space so then you can space your sb and dtilt. DJCshadowclaw OoS is also a nice option to try out, I've found this to be pretty useful.
Nair through the pills by the way, or predict their bounces and go underneath them. Try to avoid shielding/powershielding them, as their hitboxes will slow you down, allowing doc to approach you easily.

You're pretty good, and seem to have alot of the technical ability down, but just make sure you have fluidity. Keep moving, dodging, weaving around the field. Mewtwo is a big target, at least make him a moving one lol. Spaced dash dance (just don't dash dance into his attacks lol XD something I used to do), sb spam, spaced dtilt and ftilt will help you.

Thanks for postin vidz, and keep working on it :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ill comment on the matches a bit later.

but disable oos is fine as long as they are spamming attacks on your shield. Typically when you space tilts on shields you do it fast enough and far enough away that they cant hit you with an attack.

Disable will use their hitboxes against them. Fade back a bit and disable oos is almost always safe if they are spamming your shield. They will have to shield or they get stunned.

(not for fox/falco shield pressure tho.)

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Wow the advice worked =D

A couple of hours ago I got to play my best friend again and used Confusion/Disable when he tried tilting. The addition of these moves has allowed for more victories YAAAAY!!! I won about half of the matches against his Doc !!!

I three stocked his Doc today on Pokemon Stadium and two stocked him on Final Destination. This is a
good sign!
---------
My method of shadow clawing is soooo gRAPE! I can shadow claw well because of it!

Lols I'm just happy now that I'm doing better =) ; thanks guys.

I'll upload more videos in like two weeks; I need some time to show my new potential.

SDC

Smash Lord
Wow the advice worked =D

A couple of hours ago I got to play my best friend again and used Confusion/Disable when he tried tilting. The addition of these moves has allowed for more victories YAAAAY!!! I won about half of the matches against his Doc !!!

I three stocked his Doc today on Pokemon Stadium and two stocked him on Final Destination. This is a
good sign!
---------
My method of shadow clawing is soooo gRAPE! I can shadow claw well because of it!

I'll upload more videos in like two weeks; I need some time to show my new potential.
:D glad you had success man, keep working on it, and if you got any questions just ask.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
I watched a part of the last video, and I'd just like to make a note to SUNC people when possible. It's a mindgame based gimp, but a gimp nonetheless. At 1:20 or so on the last video, if you'd taken the ledge (not technically a SUNC, but same principle), you would've had a stock at 60%, which is a huge deal for M2.

With each video I watch though, I have to emphasize the importance of stage control. You can't just let him take the entire stage for himself, you need to have your own breathing room. The more space you take, the more options you open up for yourself. Like in the beginning of the last match when he just pilled the entire first minute of the match or so and you took it, then ran to the other side and let him do it again. Keep it up though, from your last post it sounds like you're making improvements. /t-up

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
:D glad you had success man, keep working on it, and if you got any questions just ask.
Thanks.

I watched a part of the last video, and I'd just like to make a note to SUNC people when possible. It's a mindgame based gimp, but a gimp nonetheless. At 1:20 or so on the last video, if you'd taken the ledge (not technically a SUNC, but same principle), you would've had a stock at 60%, which is a huge deal for M2.

With each video I watch though, I have to emphasize the importance of stage control. You can't just let him take the entire stage for himself, you need to have your own breathing room. The more space you take, the more options you open up for yourself. Like in the beginning of the last match when he just pilled the entire first minute of the match or so and you took it, then ran to the other side and let him do it again. Keep it up though, from your last post it sounds like you're making improvements. /t-up
I got the idea of what a SUNC is, but what does SUNC stand for?

About stage control: I'm rebuffing back at my friend when he now tries to tilt me/ or pill me. It still needs some work.
-I believe that I'll sometimes still retreat; its not much of a habit though so I wont do it that much now thanks to disable/confusion.

I don't see myself making a new habit of using disable/confusion frequently to leave openings for me. ;)
----------
Question: NadaisaGod suggested that I can use retreating Bairs.
-How many of you use this? How frequently(prob. not too much)? ; you guys don't need to tell me what a retreating Bair will do for me.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Yesterday I launched a fully charged Shadow ball at my friend who reversed it with his cape at me. The fully charged shot hit me and I still stood straight up; I received no knock-back from it. If I was at zero damage and took the hit, the cape would still multiply the regular % of what a fully charged shot does and knock-back; I should have received the knock-back and have fallen to the ground instead of just taking the hit and shielding a split second afterwards.
-I believe I was at 30%+ before taking the hit; why didn't I take a picture of this also; ****.

Even if the fully charged shadow ball was at lowest damage decay, the cape would have increased knock-back. It would have also increased the % of the shadow ball.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
SUNC=Super Ultra Ninja Cookies

*seriously*

Ill comment on the match later lol. Im trying to cut clips for my combo vid.
Haha funny name =) it makes sense I suppose haha.

Oh how cool! I didn't know you were working on a combo video! If you forgot already, I'm making a Mewtwo combo video as well! it will be part 2 of the series "AN INTER-DIMENSIONAL COMBO VIDEO".
--------
Oh cools!!! Looks like optimum wavedash/waveland to jab towards the ledge for an automatic grab applies to Mewtwo as well !!! ^.^

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Wow the advice worked =D

good sign!
---------

that is very surprising to me, since doc is a difficult match for m2. I still don't understand how you are supposed to dodge the pills, seeing that m2 is so big. Plus down throw to fair is lethal, so congrats on your victories.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

I got the idea of what a SUNC is, but what does SUNC stand for?

About stage control: I'm rebuffing back at my friend when he now tries to tilt me/ or pill me. It still needs some work.
-I believe that I'll sometimes still retreat; its not much of a habit though so I wont do it that much now thanks to disable/confusion.

I don't see myself making a new habit of using disable/confusion frequently to leave openings for me. ;)
----------
Question: NadaisaGod suggested that I can use retreating Bairs.
-How many of you use this? How frequently(prob. not too much)? ; you guys don't need to tell me what a retreating Bair will do for me.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Yesterday I launched a fully charged Shadow ball at my friend who reversed it with his cape at me. The fully charged shot hit me and I still stood straight up; I received no knock-back from it. If I was at zero damage and took the hit, the cape would still multiply the regular % of what a fully charged shot does and knock-back; I should have received the knock-back and have fallen to the ground instead of just taking the hit and shielding a split second afterwards.
-I believe I was at 30%+ before taking the hit; why didn't I take a picture of this also; ****.

Even if the fully charged shadow ball was at lowest damage decay, the cape would have increased knock-back. It would have also increased the % of the shadow ball.
I'm not saying that you should use any of the advice I'm giving you liberally. As a matter of fact, almost everything regarding Mewtwo is extremely situational (more so than other characters) and has to be used accordingly. The biggest problem I see people do is overly rely on old habits instead of constantly be thinking and playing reactively. You shouldn't spam oos disable, because they'll obviously catch on and start punishing you hard, but that doesn't mean that you can't hold it as an option.

And I brought up stage control because you had virtually 0 of it. I'm not saying that you have to clash with him every single time in some competition of dominance, but you have to have SOME. As stated before, the less control you have over a stage, the less options you have available. I distinctly remember either H4x or Scar (one of the two) getting this advice from Cactuar; they consciously implemented it into their game play from that point on and stated that they noticed an improvement.

Retreating bair is pretty safe in general, it's kind of a preemptive move to catch people during hasty, poor approaches. It's quick and you're going in the opposite direction so it's hard to punish. If it misses, oh well, if it hits, you got a little damage on them.

No clue about the edit.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
that is very surprising to me, since doc is a difficult match for m2. I still don't understand how you are supposed to dodge the pills, seeing that m2 is so big. Plus down throw to fair is lethal, so congrats on your victories.
Thanks Iori.
In two weeks I'll post more vids. to show my new potential. Hopefully in these upcoming videos I will 2-3 stock him again =P

I'm not saying that you should use any of the advice I'm giving you liberally. As a matter of fact, almost everything regarding Mewtwo is extremely situational (more so than other characters) and has to be used accordingly. The biggest problem I see people do is overly rely on old habits instead of constantly be thinking and playing reactively. You shouldn't spam oos disable, because they'll obviously catch on and start punishing you hard, but that doesn't mean that you can't hold it as an option.

And I brought up stage control because you had virtually 0 of it. I'm not saying that you have to clash with him every single time in some competition of dominance, but you have to have SOME. As stated before, the less control you have over a stage, the less options you have available. I distinctly remember either H4x or Scar (one of the two) getting this advice from Cactuar; they consciously implemented it into their game play from that point on and stated that they noticed an improvement.

Retreating bair is pretty safe in general, it's kind of a preemptive move to catch people during hasty, poor approaches. It's quick and you're going in the opposite direction so it's hard to punish. If it misses, oh well, if it hits, you got a little damage on them.

No clue about the edit.
I quoted myself; read the above quote.
-No need to stress how much I should use disable/confusion in a match; I know better. Maybe you stressed this out once again since you prob. heard me more confident after implementing confusion/disable.

About the stage control: I already know that complete stage control shouldn't be a goal for anyone.
-Except if your playing a complete new person in Melee who doesn't have any knowledge of how the game is played competitively, is it then safe to do so. The after affect may induce a habit of wanting complete stage control though.
-Remember I main Mr.Game and Watch =D !!! There is something to be said about this.

Preemptive move; I see.
-Thanks
---------
Is confusion Side-B ? Is disable Down-B? I don't know.
---------
Seasonal Influence, know it, appreciate it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
As soon as I get a recording/cutting program, mines will be up.
Are you making a second one. The first one was mutation right?
You can nair the pills and doc has a hard time approaching m2s nair in general. He has to attack when you land.

also WDoos and use tilts(I like up tilt) and it should help.

Also use teleport to get close.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*movies*
:D I actually win in a couple of them...I think... one.
>.> This is my first time taking my Mewtwo seriously in a tournament setting.

Mewtwo[Me!] v. Ness[Solar] [MM]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02xJk52h9g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHcbP0BwATE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6ao6dB6CE

:3 I had fun.

Mewtwo Dittos! [Winners Bracket Tournament Match]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81guyVoZIHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TktwQHZl5DU

We were supposed to money match after the tournament for "Best Mewtwo in CT", but we ended up in the same bracket, and we took care of it there. It was fairly close, I just dropped the ball at the end of each match xD. No johns. I feel like I should be more aggressive in approaching...

What do you guys think?
-DD

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer

You can nair the pills and doc has a hard time approaching m2s nair in general. He has to attack when you land.

You have to have a fresh neutral air in order to cancel pills. Doc doesn't have a hard time against neutral air just like everyone else, and you use teleport to get him to bite because even in the pocket Doc is superior. You pretty much have to keep moving, poking, and waiting for mistakes.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

Teleport to get close is a good way to get in but you still forget that doc will most likely want to jump away. I just mark it as bad match up and don't do it. I played dj nintendo's doc and he camped the entire time, on pokemon. <.< I honestly wanted to quit but I still tried for it. I think it ended around 3-4 mins left with him having 1 stock I think.

also nair isn't the best option to stop pills, I just try to avoid them mostly.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont try to stop any projectiles except samus missiles(thats pretty much with marth and falcon-Powershield). The rest I avoid.

I guess I wasnt even thinking of matchup purposes. I was just like, yea, nair stops pills haha.

I got lazy with my teleport explanation, I meant to get him to bite, but no johns.

What about ur combo vid?

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
So against a Doc that tries to camp you out... why don't you just counter his pills with your shadowball? I'm a little confused as to why people are having trouble with this. On a map like Battlefield I could see this being a problem, but I mean just in general.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
They aren't saying in general it's a problem but in terms of projectile... shadowball < Doc Pills, in terms of a scenario as an approach method, Doc has a better projectile to approach, while M2 you will have to set yourself up w/proper spacing w/shadowballs and teleports to be in a more comfortable position.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
haha. gonna put some matches up probably tomorrow. Been cuttin clips for my video. I have alot to go thru.

Vman ur editing was on point for yours and axes combo vids-what program did you use to make it?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
They aren't saying in general it's a problem but in terms of projectile... shadowball < Doc Pills, in terms of a scenario as an approach method, Doc has a better projectile to approach, while M2 you will have to set yourself up w/proper spacing w/shadowballs and teleports to be in a more comfortable position.
It isn't just battle field but as long as doc has room to do as he pleases then it is a fail match.

:3 vectorman knows hims some m2 match ups

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It isn't just battle field but as long as doc has room to do as he pleases then it is a fail match.

:3 vectorman knows hims some m2 match ups
haha I think its safe to say ur not a noob lol. u probably know a few

and thanks SDC. but you could prob tell I was considerably better than the shiek. It didnt take much effort. He just wanted to get a match up so yea.

Top Bottom