• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj/Vman's Ultimate Mewtwo Movie Collection

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

G U R U

Smash Lord
Ya I watched that set last night. You guys make your characters look top tier. Good **** to both of you. I fav'd those matches on YouTube and rated 5 stars :)

DissAbel

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm fairly new to the Mewtwo Forum, Just thought I should post here and get to know the Mewtwo community. I've met V3ctorMan, well not really "met" him but I commented on his combo video and his newest matches with Axe. I feel bad, because I thought the ShadowClaw series was the only good Mewtwo combo Video series. It appears Future Sight will join if V3ctorman pursues to keep making them.

Hope to get to know everyone and stuff. Nice to meet everyone

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Hello, I'm fairly new to the Mewtwo Forum, Just thought I should post here and get to know the Mewtwo community. I've met V3ctorMan, well not really "met" him but I commented on his combo video and his newest matches with Axe. I feel bad, because I thought the ShadowClaw series was the only good Mewtwo combo Video series. It appears Future Sight will join if V3ctorman pursues to keep making them.

Hope to get to know everyone and stuff. Nice to meet everyone
Welcome aboard. :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I have been messing around with m2s grabs and this foo has alot of diff grabs

standing, running, jc, D-A-C(dash attack cancel/boost), and then when you mix in WDs and moonwalks.

My favorite looking one is WD>moonwalk>running grab. The momentum carries you backwards instead of forwards and you can fall off the stage from a missed grab as well.

and for some reason if you moon walk into a DAC grab and hold A and Z you go straight into a perfect light shield. you can also still do the DAC grab out of a moonwalk but the timing is earlier.

IF you care or have any questions just ask. I was just ****ing around and was bored/training

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Kaostar!? how's that thread coming that you wanna make? lol i'm still waiting on it man!... and Idk.. I might actually just make A... like something like A.. Ask Vman about Mewtwo (on what he'd do different that Taj thread) lol or somethin like that... not sure if people notice but Taj/my mewtwo... are actually not too much alike... Kinda different playstyle you know?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was actually thinking that you should make an ask v man thread. unless of course taj wants to just come back right quick. Either way when he sees how **** our m2s have become he will have no choice but to come back to try to the throne.

Im still gonna make the how to play m2 one. I been trying to cut clips for my combo vid and thinking if I should do a trailer. sorry for the hold up

and yea its kinda funny but I dont think I play like you taj or iori or quak even. M2 just has mad tricks and little tiny movement things that really make a diff.

Edit:I have started it on paper tho so it is a work in progress.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Taj never left he's still here.. just noone ask any questions... and Naw.. I don need to make an ask vman thread.. cuz taj is still here you know... the only thing/reason I would make an ask vman thread.. is so people can see.. the difference in Taj/vman move choice you know?..

like why Taj prefers F-Tilt and why I prefer U-Tilt... or something unique like that... just so people can get an idea.. of what each of us individually a player thinks... Or for exampe if

X player ask.. Taj what do you think of this.. and taj says..............................................................
Then X player ask Vman what do you think of this.. and vman says ................................................ just to see what the difference in answer is you know what i mean?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Taj never left he's still here.. just noone ask any questions... and Naw.. I don need to make an ask vman thread.. cuz taj is still here you know... the only thing/reason I would make an ask vman thread.. is so people can see.. the difference in Taj/vman move choice you know?..

like why Taj prefers F-Tilt and why I prefer U-Tilt... or something unique like that... just so people can get an idea.. of what each of us individually a player thinks... Or for exampe if

X player ask.. Taj what do you think of this.. and taj says..............................................................
Then X player ask Vman what do you think of this.. and vman says ................................................ just to see what the difference in answer is you know what i mean?
Vman doesn't camp. Taj does. :(

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Taj never left he's still here.. just noone ask any questions...Then X player ask Vman what do you think of this.. and vman says ................................................ just to see what the difference in answer is you know what i mean?
lol, well its hard to ask questions you have already have answers to.

what do you(taj/vman) think about using the disable when somebody rolls up the ledge. not to stun them but for that instant knockback

@pink reaper-taj camps at posting?

SDC

Smash Lord
the throne is mine forever.
No offense Taj, but I hope not. I'd like to someday see some mewtwo player (Vman, Iori, you perhaps?) take mewtwo deep into some recent major national tournament (like genesis/pound4) . Since you're retired, that probably won't be you :(. And if somebody is going to take mewtwo deep into a national tourney lol, they're probably the best mewtwo around, IE the throne is theirs. So Taj, you will always be remembered at the mewtwo boards, but hopefully there will someday be somebody better then you to take the character further.

.....Like that'll ever happen LOL. So until then, you have the throne Taj ;)

I will take it one day, when I am not a scrub. :ohwell:
Iori, you're ****ing awesome, but if you would only DJC shadowclaw, I think you'd be alot better for it lol. I mean it's such a viable option, why not utilize it? There are many times I watch your vids and am like
"OMG he could just DJC shadowclaw OoS there!!! He would be so much better if he just did that lol!"
Iori your mindgames and agility (tech skill/fluidity with the character) is so good that if you just added DJC shadowclaw to your game, you might become the best. No joke. But then of course, there is always Vman....he might be the best too...

what do you(taj/vman) think about using the disable when somebody rolls up the ledge. not to stun them but for that instant knockback
You can do that :crazy: ?! Is there a video of this happening? That actually sounds.....almost useful lol.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
No offense Taj, but I hope not. I'd like to someday see some mewtwo player (Vman, Iori, you perhaps?) take mewtwo deep into some recent major national tournament (like genesis/pound4) . Since you're retired, that probably won't be you :(. And if somebody is going to take mewtwo deep into a national tourney lol, they're probably the best mewtwo around, IE the throne is theirs. So Taj, you will always be remembered at the mewtwo boards, but hopefully there will someday be somebody better then you to take the character further.
I'll take the character further. My videos don't do me justice. I'm a much stronger player than youtube would have you believe. Vman is good, I expect great things from my disciple.

But I am the Master. I will destroy everyone in 2010, retired or not.

Be warned.

SDC

Smash Lord
I'll take the character further. My videos don't do me justice. I'm a much stronger player than youtube would have you believe. Vman is good, I expect great things from my disciple.

But I am the Master. I will destroy everyone in 2010, retired or not.

Be warned.
:) yay Taj isn't really retired. Taj, TBH I wanted/want YOU (if anyone's gonna do it, I want it to be you :) ) to go deep in some national tournament as only mewtwo, but you use mostly marth (can't really blame you :ohwell: ), I'd like to see that change lol? I always thought your mewtwo was far better then your marth, and I'd like to see you go only mewtwo in tournament. I know that is not a fair or realistic request, considering how bad mewtwo is at high level lol, but it's what I expect from somebody who claims to be able to take the character further. Because that's all that's really left, is to go deep into some major national tournament, proving everyone wrong about the character. We already have alot of the technical ability established, we know alot of mewtwo's "potential" lol, all that's left is for someone to actually win with him at a high level in recent major national tournament. I'd like it to be you Taj, but if not, then somebody's gotta do it. My next best bet would be Vman, although Iori always produces nice results as well.

Nothing would make me happier then to see you make a run in pound 4 with mewtwo, Taj. :)

lol, Im taking that as you are taking a break and will be back.
That's my hope too.

I swear m2 is still underrated.
I wish I could agree with you there :(

Nice vid, that disable on the roll is pretty sexy, but does it work for all character's rolls/getup attacks/getup/getup jumps?? I would like to know how reliable and universal that technique is.

"seanCDetc"
ROFL my name is a little long isn't it :chuckle:

From now on, if anyone is gonna address me or anything, just call me SDC. It's in my avatar lol. SDC. It's the three main words of my tag, SeantheDonConsidine. SDC. :) thanks. If I had a do-over, I'd at least capitalize those three words in my username, or even make my username just those three letters, but w/e lol.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
Is there an efficient way to use Mewtwo's forward and up tilt? I'm having trouble using them effectively since half the time I try to use them I end up doing a smash attack... which leads to me getting combo'ed like none other by gay Foxes and Marths. Even when I manage to string a couple together I couldn't tell you how I did it.

I guess what I'm asking is: Is it just having the speed of the movement down or is there some sort of trick to using Mewtwo's tilts? Is it all practice?

And yes, I'm posting this in a video thread. You never know where I'll strike... stay on your toes.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
what do you(taj/vman) think about using the disable when somebody rolls up the ledge. not to stun them but for that instant knockback?
WAIT WHAT? :eek:

lol, Im taking that as you are taking a break and will be back.

I swear m2 is still underrated.

and seanCDetc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzImjyS-MWE#t=3m21s
HOLY FREAKING CRUDMUNCHERS.

When did you find out that worked? That's so freaking sexy it shouldn't be legal...

Is there an efficient way to use Mewtwo's forward and up tilt? I'm having trouble using them effectively since half the time I try to use them I end up doing a smash attack... which leads to me getting combo'ed like none other by gay Foxes and Marths. Even when I manage to string a couple together I couldn't tell you how I did it.

I guess what I'm asking is: Is it just having the speed of the movement down or is there some sort of trick to using Mewtwo's tilts? Is it all practice?

And yes, I'm posting this in a video thread. You never know where I'll strike... stay on your toes.
I would say its all practice. sounds like you're pushing the joystick too hard or something. Need more detail.

D-Tilt should be your combo starter, and it can lead into a F-tilt. U-Tilts better for Above-you-disruption. by themselves those two moves are not combo worthy. :urg:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ive known it worked for awhile.

I know it works for all character roll ups. Thats the easiest punish because you know they are doing it.

I think it works for (some) getup attacks but I honestly cant remember. Also Im sure you know that two disables or a shadowball to disable combo have the same affect. The sb>disable can be done off stage as well, best time because they DI in to recover.

It just makes them tumble if they jump up in which they can recover from quickly, ie b4 you can finish your move. but if you do it and they dont expect it you can get lucky. They might think its a counter and not punish it as well.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

I know it works for all character roll ups. Thats the easiest punish because you know they are doing it.

I think it works for (some) getup attacks but I honestly cant remember. Also Im sure you know that two disables or a shadowball to disable combo have the same affect. The sb>disable can be done off stage as well, best time because they DI in to recover.

It just makes them tumble if they jump up in which they can recover from quickly, ie b4 you can finish your move. but if you do it and they dont expect it you can get lucky. They might think its a counter and not punish it as well.
hmm that would be a sexy combo if someone edge guared a recovering fire fox into a spike. <.< (hmm runs to the game cube).

@everyone thanks for the love XD, I feel all happy on the inside.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ive got combos recorded that havent been in any m2 combo video. I have some tight disable combos as well.

Im hoping to really show more of what he can do as far as straight combos, tricks, and just solid tech chasing, the kind where **** gets hectic.

SDC

Smash Lord
ive got combos recorded that havent been in any m2 combo video. I have some tight disable combos as well.

Im hoping to really show more of what he can do as far as straight combos, tricks, and just solid tech chasing, the kind where **** gets hectic.
Post em up. I'd like to see em. I need all the help I can get lol.

Is there a cure for stupid? Is there a cure for just playing like a ****ing idiot? Taj, is there a pill you could prescribe to me lol? I was playing today, and ended up being just downright disappointed in myself (like always). I can do alot of the technical ****, but I play like a ****ing idiot. Is there a cure for playing stupid lol? Help me out here :(.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Post em up. I'd like to see em. I need all the help I can get lol.

Is there a cure for stupid? Is there a cure for just playing like a ****ing idiot? Taj, is there a pill you could prescribe to me lol? I was playing today, and ended up being just downright disappointed in myself (like always). I can do alot of the technical ****, but I play like a ****ing idiot. Is there a cure for playing stupid lol? Help me out here :(.
I am not taj or nothing but I might know how to fix this. ......First you have to come to memphis, so we can do a few matches and then ?
last profit. XD this is a great bargin, so don't pass it up.

SDC

Smash Lord
I am not taj or nothing but I might know how to fix this. ......First you have to come to memphis, so we can do a few matches and then ?
last profit. XD this is a great bargin, so don't pass it up.
I'd love to play you (or anybody on these boards) any time :). thanks for the invitation man, but I doubt I'll be going anywhere out of state for a long time. I'd like to go to pound 4, but I don't have the money. I'll be rooting for you, and Vman (and Taj :O you know he's going ;) ), and whoever else is going (shoutout to Shadowball :p) from my computer.

or do what everyone else does and quit M2.....but i'm not telling you to do that.. YOU BETTER NOT.. hehe! <3
Lol don't worry Vman, I'll never quit mewtwo. It'll never happen. I'm going to play him for as long as I play melee :). I'm just having trouble with the slow but steady process of improving, I just have to be patient and keep on working at it. Things went better today, I'm improving, I'll be great one day, but it'll take a while lol.

Thanks for the support you two, you guys are the best <3. Much love for the mewtwo boards :) <333333

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Taj do you know some guy name TOM?

He's a Capt. Falcon main?

By the way, is it good to do wave landing after you attack someone in the air, instead of L canceling?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

I tested it myself (like Iori) and it does work on getup attacks too. it's a little tricky, but I'll use it with your permission...

BTW, why not name it? since you are probably the first to post a video about it... you get first and only dibs lmao (someone can prove me wrong I don't care)

EDIT: i can't go to pound now sorry, plans for rides and roomies and other such money saving things (As I am poor) fell through, so yeah... I won't make it. T_T

(plus I'd be using Marth in the tourny anyways :p )

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Permission granted.

I wouldnt know what to name it if I did.

the only thing worth naming so far was a taunt and quak took that years ago lol. well, that and super ultra ninja cookies which so far has proven to be the most useful of named techniques.

I get a fair amount of those knockbacks during gameplay, cuz its pretty easy if they decide to do like 2 of like 4 choices(i didnt actually count) when gettin up on the ledge.

and Ive been gettin more and more baby shadowball to disables. Its the same knock back but its induced from a shadowball and can be done on or off stage in the air or on the ground.

idk if anybody thinks it
i should name it throw some ideas my way. It would be cool to have a move lol.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Disable has hidden properties huh? >.>

The BSB - disable isn't even something I thought of, though I love using the disable. i've been testing it, but you seem so far ahead of me that I'll just leave it to you. i will try all of that though.

However, I can contribute something to this...

A gounded D.K.'s biggest weakness in the match-up is the Disable, so long as he's facing you. The disable turns his ARMS into hit boxes. I've disabled D.K. players out of the Giant Punch (3/10 times, that's a tricky one) the U-B (also tricky), Side B, F-Smash F-tilt ect.... it's situational, and I'm sure greater players than I already know about it, but others might not.

I am not advising a reliance on the Disable because you will be punished... HARD but it's something nice to know eh?

Top Bottom