• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj/Vman's Ultimate Mewtwo Movie Collection

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I use R to WD, L cancel, and to shield.

I trained myself to shield stop and shield drop with L so that I can WD oos with R. But when Im just sitting and blocking...I shield with R and WD oos with R(just kinda ignore the fact that you are shielding and do a quick WD). Occasionally I will shield with R, Switch to L and then WD oos with R.....just gotta practice.

Ur not gonna wanna do ALL of these things with 1 button. just learn to shield drop and shield stop with L

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I shield and WD out of shield with R. I L-cancel with L though, but I think Axe does everything with R himself, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as you have the dexterity for it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Oh thats legit. I only started using L because Silent Wolf had mentioned something about it being a lil easier to split up the tasks....so I got on the grind.

Anyone ever feel like they wanna talk about M2, but they dont know what to talk about? Cuz thats how I feel everytime I come to the two boards lol.
-sigh

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
I think I am going to experiment. If I can indeed do everything with one finger, I would prefer that, but I am prepared to change my ways if need be.

I don't normally feel that way when I come here, but that is probably because I am a beginner and I have tons of questions. Most of my Mewtwo info comes from watching youtube vids and whatever information is posted here.

So...what is the best way to deal with a grappled Samus/Link/Young Link hanging from the stage below you (Assuming you are on the ledge)? I would think it would be to drop down and nair (I think I saw one of you guys do it in a video once or twice), but is there indeed a better way?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I shield and WD out of shield with R. I L-cancel with L though, but I think Axe does everything with R himself, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as you have the dexterity for it.
Axe does everything w/R except for "waveshielding". :)
I do everything with R.

n_n;;

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@ISTA-That was Taj in his combo video who gimped that Samus(I think it was V3ctorman).

If you arent already in position to do an offstage edgeguard then WD or teleport into Dsmash as they snap to the ledge.

IMO-Taj Vman Iori may have a different opinion
LOW%:Nair>Dair>reverse uair>SB charge then cancel>bair
Hi%: bair>dair>reverse uair>nair>SB charge

Its all about choosing the option that creates the most space between you. low percents nair has the most KB and its constant so u can just fall on em with it. Dair forces them to Up B or die. If they meteor you will most likely take damage. Be prepared to tech(Hit R/L right b4 dair hits) then Dj/teleport to safety. The reverse uair is hard to time and they may just shoot past you as you go down. At low percents the KB is low anyway and now you are below them. Its only better than bair in the sense that it gives you more space in between your hurtbox and them after your hit connects. SB charge can hit them up very slightly giving you a lil more room to recover than bair, and its a shorter move. Since they are hanging from the stage its assumed you cant make use of the full range of bair in order to gain space.

High percents pretty much the first 3 are kills, the nair most likely is too but its possible they get sent into the stage and tech...also KB is less than that others. The uairs flaw is that you may give them vertical height if it doesnt kill off the side and a character like samus that equals a new lease on life

M2 has options, I dont know if any are what you would call "solid" edgeguards. You just kinda get the power of the shadow claw and make **** happen. Most important thing to know about going for ledge gimps: M2s recovery is all about his second jump. Protect it with your life, cuz without it...thats your stock. The reason you cant just drop down and hit with something weak(low percents they are weak...bair, nair, sb charge.. plus if they DI) is because they are still hella close to you and its not safe to DJ. Make note of the fact that hitting them while they are grappled means they almost always have to up B since they cant grapple again. A good opponent may accept his death and try to suicide kill you, or panic and randomly attack bouncing you into the stage. As soon as you hit them try to DI away from them so you can safely double jump (bair) and get to the ledge.

@Tim, "Waveshielding" is that wavedashing oos?

@Iori-I like your sig

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
jahan = holy (yoshi/mewtwo/game&watch player)

when i tried to learn wave-dash out of shield, i switched to my left hand for sheilding and wave-dashed with my right hand still. hope you master it soon!!

hey phenom!!!

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Good stuff, elpoke82. :)

In order to promote more Mewtwo vids and players, I'm extending an open offer to give in-depth critiques of anyone's Mewtwo. Just link me your vids and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I haven't updated my philosophy thread in a while, mostly because I'm having trouble mustering the courage to post anything else, and I suppose I'd rather give my opinion to people that ask for it at the moment.

#OKBYE

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
^ha, i noticed you posted and came in here intending to say you should put some vids up

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
in late, but i don't even use the right trigger button, left trigger for everything! lol

I'd take advantage of the critque offers from you Taj (As well as the ever present Kaos's input) but I do not have a way to post videos atm, and even if i did, with breaking in my new controller m2 isn't responding to me very good lately, not only hard stuff like ledgeport stalling but easy obvious stuff... whereas my marth has never looked better lol

-_-

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
New ISTA Video!

Hey, so PandaCobo and I recorded a lot today, and we are in the process of posting vids to youtube, We used a dinky camera, but it doesn't look that bad (The only stage that doesn't look bad though is Battlefield). We do wish to get better recording equipment, we just can't spare the money right now.

Anyways, we have only uploaded two vids so far. I am linking this one here because it is of my Mewtwo. It's against PandaCobo's peach. I think I did all right, considering I really dislike the match-up.

You don't have to critique it, but I would appreciate it if some of you watched it. :)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwfWX-Xsii0&feature=feedu

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
the quality is better than my old videos, so that's not a big deal lol they'll be watchable

you're still up smashing too much lol. peach is a screwy mu for mewtwo but you could help it by not charging in constantly and doing some punishing and poking. going out after peach with anything but a bair (and maybe a uair) is not safe. it's better to cover her possible landing spots then punishing her landing. learn the u-throw kill %'s and don't u-throw a floaty at low %'s because it resets the position and costs you the momentum you gained by landing the grab (the only possible exception is jiggs, if only to get the little scum bucket away from you)

and the ending was unfortunante. lol

but i'm sure someone more qualified will come along and give you better tips than i did, i barely play mewtwo anymore as it is lol

:phone:

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Well I don't have much exp in this MU but when I fought this guy Baka4moe, I had to come in very sneaky on him. Like ShadowBall2 said, try to get bits of % with pokes. Down tilts, swooping in with wavedash to d-throw grabs. Surprise them with Nairs.

-So every movement you do should feel sneaky/smart.

I see that you two are still getting down the controls. From the last time I saw you guys, I can say you both have improved technically but still need more improvement since the videos showed unwanted actions/moves.

GOOD videos though, I liked them.
--------
well theres my imput.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey phenom, were you the guy that came with bizzaro that one time? if so lets play again, i believe he's in town atm. come overrrr :)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'm bumping this to say that i will have some videos to post sooner or later, since I'm actively practicing and playing mewtwo again (and during the gap i seem to have forgotten how to DJC lol)

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
I'm bumping this to say that i will have some videos to post sooner or later, since I'm actively practicing and playing mewtwo again (and during the gap i seem to have forgotten how to DJC lol)
I'm bumping this to call you out.

I want some more Mewtwo vids. I might record my own if I get the chance

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'm bumping this to call you out.

I want some more Mewtwo vids. I might record my own if I get the chance
lol oh i forgot. I was playing the character a bit @ the last tournament i was at (and i saw dj nintendo randomly playing mewtwo as well lol) but nothing got recorded

i'll have to make an effort at some point really soon

:phone:

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayGhost

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I got a match recorded for the first time today which I'm really excited about because now I can watch it and find out all the things I'm doing wrong! If you guys could help me out with a critique that would be awesome. I'm willing to listen to anything and everything you have to say so don't worry about my feelings!

http://www.twitch.tv/kneedeepgaming/b/628386050?t=2h58m02s

I'm playing against Sharkz, an ICs main from NC who has been on a tear recently, beating multiple PR'd players and taking tournaments.

I went into this set with very little matchup knowledge and experience, so there is obviously a lot for me to work on. And I feel like my movement/tech skill was a little off the whole day so I'll practice that more. Anyway, lemme know what you think. Thanks!

Top Bottom