• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj/Vman's Ultimate Mewtwo Movie Collection

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I really need to upload lol.

just for anyone who is interested. This is an old *** vid of my mewtwo. prob the only tourney vid I have recorded but for ****s and giggles here it is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOzmkqTTYaQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_DRR-Wbc0&feature=related

edit:**** it. Im gonna order a new recording device tomorrow. Ive been doing fat *** combos and just chalkin them up with an Im filthy lol. And I do want to put some matches up.

edit: lol cuz its time to get out of the lab and back into action. Anybody going to pound 5?

SDC

Smash Lord
I really need to upload lol.

just for anyone who is interested. This is an old *** vid of my mewtwo. prob the only tourney vid I have recorded but for ****s and giggles here it is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOzmkqTTYaQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_DRR-Wbc0&feature=related

edit:**** it. Im gonna order a new recording device tomorrow. Ive been doing fat *** combos and just chalkin them up with an Im filthy lol. And I do want to put some matches up.

edit: lol cuz its time to get out of the lab and back into action. Anybody going to pound 5?
Oh god those two vids were difficult to watch lol, I hate watchin CF beat up on mewtwo, it's my worst matchup, easily. You weren't mobile enough, your followups were bad, you DIed horribly, but hey it's how old? Feb 2009? Badness is to be expected. Some recent vids of yours, I'd like to see. :p

lol allritey.. i'll try to have more of both of them up then ^^

always nice to entertain! ^^

@Kaostar - yes you do ><

Yay more low tier greatness from Vman ^_^

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
actually i'm not playing anymore so it's pretty pointless.

I've got stuff to do that doesn't invlove melee. It's already been two years and I still suck, it's a waste of time and energy.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I didn't get good until 2 years in. before that it was all tech skill.

u also suck at listening and taking advice. that will hinder the **** outta your improvement.

mental barriers must be torn down

edit: two years in I still sucked. I attained a level at which I know how to improve

SDC

Smash Lord

I've got stuff to do that doesn't invlove melee. It's already been two years and I still suck, it's a waste of time and energy.
The problem is, you just don't listen dude. I'm not telling you to quit. I'm not telling you to go away. I'm not telling you to switch characters, I'm just asking you to listen. That's all.

Be patient. I've been mediocre for so long it does get frustrating, but I'm using the character I like, improving slowly, and learning along the way. I know it won't be easy, it'll take a long time, people will laugh and diss me for using this trash character but who cares, I still use the character I like, and that's good enough for me.

You don't have to be good now. Matter of a fact you don't have to be good in a few months, you just have to do your best, and people will see and respect that, at least. Don't sandbag (or say that you are, people will think you're making excuses) in your vids, practice your tech skill, make the effort to go play against people who are better then you, lose alot, learn, and you'll improve eventually.

Just be patient, listen, and you'll be fine. =)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
you misunderstood the reason for my posting that, which is okay becuase my time on the comp was nearly up and this site acts wack-*** on my phone; it was a rushed message.

i was thinking of quitting all together (my money is needed elsewhere) but I've decided to hang in there for a little while longer.
I posted that at the beginning of the month in the social forum. It has nothing to do with your good but perplexing advice about playing hard in friendlies (Which I have always played for fun which =/= trying hard to me. I did read your posts and I understand your points what with the training thing, i don't want this to become a novel tho lol), it's a life thing outside of this video game. I've been contemplating quitting tourny play and recording/training ect ect for quite some time now, Roman (Who actually convinced not to quit this summer, then stopped playing himself in the summer >.< ) talked me into continuing to play. I have stuff that requires my attention and will for the forseeible (how DO you spell that?) future. what does that have to do with my "sucking"? Nothing... >_< I was upset about something completely unrelated when I typed that. my bad.

Christmas eve is the last time I'm gonna play for I don't know how long. I'm going back to an extremely casual player.

I might post occasionally but it won't be often, so let me just say good luck to all of you in any of your future projects, melee or otherwise.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

WELL, it was probably this post. It seemed like u gave a reason aka being defensive to what SDC was saying, which is typical of you.

ITS ALREADY BEEN TWO YEARS AND I STILL SUCK, ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY.

usually the conclusion comes last, soo I assumed u concluded melee was a waste of time and energy because its been two years and according to u you still suck

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
WELL, it was probably this post. It seemed like u gave a reason aka being defensive to what SDC was saying, which is typical of you.

ITS ALREADY BEEN TWO YEARS AND I STILL SUCK, ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY.

usually the conclusion comes last, soo I assumed u concluded melee was a waste of time and energy because its been two years and according to u you still suck
you misunderstood the reason for my posting that, which is okay becuase my time on the comp was nearly up and this site acts wack-*** on my phone; it was a rushed message.

what does that have to do with my "sucking"? Nothing... >_< I was upset about something completely unrelated when I typed that. my bad.
yeah I know, hence the apology for sending a mixed signal :urg: I couldn't go back in time and fix it so I tried my best to truthfully explain myself. i won't say what I was upset about (personal stuffs) but I tend to become self insulting when i'm angry.

Like I said though, good luck and no hard feelings whatsoever, I know you were only trying to be helpful with some good advice. (And it is good advice mind you)

SDC

Smash Lord
Shadow I'm glad you have a life outside of melee, I would be worried if you didn't lol. Once I get a new disc (my old one became scratched beyond repair/further usage months ago) I'm going to practice for only 15 minutes a day, just basic tech skill and djc, etc. That way I only waste 15 minutes a day on this game, and I keep in shape and slowly but steadily improve.

But I'm glad you are engaging in healthy activities outside of smash. =)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I uploaded a set vs Axe's Falco yesterday.. it's an interesting watch.. ><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kAjPMvZtY

but it's a few days old.. you might've already seen em.. otherwise.. im sure Taj has/might have some stuff ^^.. if not.. then i'll try and get him some for ya..

unless the m2 forums wanna watch yoshi! lol <3
I have a few questions or advice I guess I don't know.

how come when you were to high to be hit you didn't charge your shadowballs? it's nice attack bait to teleport below them and f*** them up and you charge it up at the same time. m2 is fast enough to avoid lasers if you deceide to stop charging and teleport I've played m2 vs falco with my brother and I did it a lot.

also if falco is near your sheild like pressureing it is it safe to afir DIing backwards?maybe if they're behide you I guess fair comes out fairly fast and is a great move if you land it plus your arm isn't in as much danger.

also as an ex-ice climbers main I know how value light sheilding is for f***ing up L-cacels because a lot of times you seemed like you were sitting in your sheild waiting for his mistakes. ligh sheild may take more stun but it also messes with their L-cancel timing.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Yay ISTA Vids.

So I recently went to my second SSBM tourney ever. It was in Merced, CA. I went Mewtwo the whole tourney. My tourney matches were recorded. So I decided to post them. I don't expect these to go into the OP, I just figured I might as well present my videos for watching/critiquing so Mewtwo mains can have something to entertain themselves for a little while.

Since there is no audio, you might want to have some music playing when you watch these videos.
EDIT: Apparently there is audio. The problem may be with my headphones, since when I used my speakers I heard the audio.

Oh, and the pausing is accidental. My fingers sometimes get a little "frantic" when I am DI'ing/trying to DI.

Me (ItalianStallion/ISTA) vs 2highsofly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpjeiYm1hw

Me (ItalianStallion/ISTA) vs Bizzarro Flame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqq-Ibd0NFo

Me (ItalianStallion/ISTA) vs Mr Yaah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYW1au-l2k0

I am open to any suggestions. I myself have a very long list of improvements I need to make, but feel free to say your own thing because it will probably bring me new insight.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
It's kinda late, but I watched the first match.

I can see that you're on the right track with your movement, you just have to work on moving around more efficiently. Efficiently meaning, you're running into your opponent too much while you're trying to evade. Take your time and recognize when your opponent is rushing you down or trying to read your teleports to minimize your damage and get clean resets.

Take your time when you land grabs at middle percentages. Mewtwo has a lot of hit-stun with his pummel, so take advantage of it, since it is one of the best ways to reset your damage from stale or decaying moves. You can easily land two or three pummels before you back or down throw. Those are the best throws to use against Pichu since they both give you good position on stage to force edgeguards and build damage toward your up throw KO. Dreamland kinda sucks for up throw KOs, but even if it does the most damage, position on stage is the most important for sustaining damage and control.

Last major thing I noticed was that you're missing your mark on your combos. You land a good down tilt, and you're over extending your forward airs and whiffing. I'm not certain what the best way to correct that is... but I think you'll definitely benefit more from taking your time and finding the right timing. Every downtilt you land is really important, and Mewtwo needs to maximize damage more than any other character.

Mewtwo doesn't have as many tools to space in front of him as other characters, so when you win the spacing war and land the down tilt, having perfect grabs/DJC forward/upairs is crucial since you generally have to break up each stock in to a percentage building phase and an up throw KO phase.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
It appears I have many edits to make on the OP, Again i'm sorry for that everyone.. my disappearance to go to Yoshi, I guess I sort of forgot... Sorry, anyways i'm back into viewing this thread more.... Please lemme know which vids you'd like me to include in the OP

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice. :)

I can see that you're on the right track with your movement, you just have to work on moving around more efficiently. Efficiently meaning........*snip*
This is a big problem I have, and I think I know why. I think one reason is that since there is only one person I can practice with that is close to me, I am used to playing against his style, which is VERY defensive. I can do tons of movement and he will normally be very still. So I have to get used to playing against people who are as mobile as/more mobile than I am. This I think will fix itself gradually over time as I gain experience playing against different people more often.

The other reason is something I will have to really work at. I am really offensive with almost all of my characters. I like to attack first and I like to do it quickly. Certain characters I am more defensive with (Zelda, Ness), but with Mewtwo, I am pretty offensive. I like this kind of style, but I have to be careful with it because when I get in this "offensive-mode", I tend to sort of blank out on when my opponent is approaching me with an attack because I only think about what I am going to do next and not what is about to hit me. So I will have to work on being mindful of my opponents movement as well. I am able to achieve this with my Luigi(Who I think is my best character), so I will have to transfer this over to my Mewtwo.

Take your time when you land grabs at middle percentages. Mewtwo has a lot of hit-stun with his pummel, so take advantage of it, since it is one of the best ways to reset your damage from.........*snip*
I definitely need to use the pummel more. Sometimes I forget that I need to use my brain with Mewtwo's throw game and not just my fingers. I'll be playing and wanting things to look cool and fast and flashy, but a throw without adequate follow-up doesn't look cool no matter how fast I do it.

Last major thing I noticed was that you're missing your mark on your combos. You land a good down tilt, and you're.........*snip*
This may be my biggest problem. I need to take my time to learn what works and what doesn't. I have a theory on why it is a problem of mine. I think this is a problem because I don't exactly own the game. My friend owns it. So I am not able to practice combos/tech skill/learn percentages and what not as much as I would like. Most of my tech things that I know I learned gradually over time in matches against my friend. Wave-dashing wasn't learned over a one day tech skill practice session, it was learned over weeks of gradual playing in matches against my friend.

Long story short: I need to buy a gamecube console and the game itself.

Once I do get the game, I will practice my tech skill until it is solid(I still need to learn moonwalking). Then I will practice combos against CPU's so I learn what works against certain characters at certain percentages. Then I can use what I learn against human opponents and see how certain DI affects my combos and then I will make adjustments accordingly.

My goal (If possible) is to have a unique style with my Mewtwo, where he is fast and flashy but still very efficient and smart. I would like my style with him to be unique, but I will also like to be able to do incorporate stuff that Mewtwo's before me (like you, V3ctorman, and KAOStar) have done. In short I want to learn everything about Mewtwo so I could apply any strategy/trick against someone at any time.

However, at the moment I am still a scrub. I have some ways to go before I become good at this game and good at using Mewtwo. He is a hard character to use well, but I like him enough to put the effort towards learning how to use him effectively.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
just to add some specific advice to what Taj said.

game 1

you can sheild grab Pichu out of his Airs if you time it right, mostly because mewtwo is so danged tall, it can mess up the fast fall part of the SHFFL. the thing with pichu is he can beat mewtwo in the air with his nair at least. as taj said, mewtwo has very few spacing tools on the ground, but against a grounded PICHU these are more than good enough if you learn to make accurate reads and react accordingly. I'm not sure what you were trying to do with the dropzone fairs, try jumping after him and Uair if anything, nair works better if your sorta close to eachother.

now then, your Up smashes. Mewtwo's up smash is one of my favorite moves in the entire game... BUT only use it if you know for a fact that it's going to hit all the way. it's not neccisarily a bad move persay, but it's very unsafe to try it against a grounded opponent. You just gotta learn when to do it and when not to. for those who say to never up smash... well taj got a stock off ARMADA with it, so there lol

I watched game two but i have no advice on that one, I'm still trying to learn how to fight samus lol.

okay set two

you got some bad luck there, Bizzaro has Phenom exp lol

what taj said about your movment applies here, the entire set you sorta just charged into Ganon's fists and stomps. You can't really challenge Ganon character to character straight up, you desperately needed some d throws and other tricksies. and a lot more nair, wait for ganon to land then punish, or attempt to lol.

Next time you play a Ganon as Mewtwo go to FD unless they ban it, Ganon +small stages +big light floaty target (YOU) = bad for you.

gotta go again out of time lol

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
game 1

you can sheild grab Pichu out of his Airs if you time it right, mostly because mewtwo is so danged tall, it can mess up the fast fall part of the SHFFL. the thing with pichu is he can beat mewtwo in the air with his nair at least. as taj said, mewtwo has very few spacing tools on the ground, but against a grounded PICHU these are more than good enough if you learn to make accurate reads and react accordingly.
I was a little thrown off by the Pichu pick. I must say that I am not very comfortable with that match-up solely because I don't know it. As you can see, I looked more confident against his Samus in the second match of that set. So I am thankful for this match-up advice. It seems I kind of want to see what Pichu is doing and react accordingly. If I see a SHFFLed nair coming my way, I should stand still and shield grab. Otherwise, I should space and use my long tail and effective wavedash as a ground advantage.
I'm not sure what you were trying to do with the dropzone fairs, try jumping after him and Uair if anything, nair works better if your sorta close to eachother.
I am not sure either.....maybe they were finger mess-ups on my part, or maybe I just was not thinking. That second one really messed me up since I lost my second jump and therefore SD'ed. :glare:
now then, your Up smashes. Mewtwo's up smash is one of my favorite moves in the entire game... BUT only use it if you know for a fact that it's going to hit all the way. it's not neccisarily a bad move persay, but it's very unsafe to try it against a grounded opponent. You just gotta learn when to do it and when not to. for those who say to never up smash... well taj got a stock off ARMADA with it, so there lol
It is one of my favorite moves as well, but I am still learning how to use it effectively. I think I did a much better job in the match against Samus when it came to the Galaxy Blast usage.
okay set two

you got some bad luck there, Bizzaro has Phenom exp lol

what taj said about your movment applies here, the entire set you sorta just charged into Ganon's fists and stomps. You can't really challenge Ganon character to character straight up, you desperately needed some d throws and other tricksies. and a lot more nair, wait for ganon to land then punish, or attempt to lol.
I was DESTROYED in this set. However, I think I learned the most from it. I think what you said was one of the main things that hurt me in this set. The other was how my "get-ups" were being read so well. I definitely need to be more mindful of that. I was reluctant to post this set, but I decided I may as well.
Next time you play a Ganon as Mewtwo go to FD unless they ban it, Ganon +small stages +big light floaty target (YOU) = bad for you.
Since I knew I was going to lose, I decided that I would just go random when it came to stages. In fact, in all the sets I put up, only in the second match in the set against Mr Yaah was the only time we didn't just say random on stages. Next tourney, I will do the whole ban and counter-pick thing.

I did play many friendlies with Bizz after the tournament was over and I felt more comfortable and did a little better. I just have to play more intelligently I guess.

Thank you for your advice. :)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Bizzaro's Ganon is really good against Mewtwo . I only played him in two friendlies (At NSH last year), both random on Yoshi's Story, but he definitely plays the match-up well. If I had to play him again, I think I'd only be able to beat him on FD, BF, and PS. DL and FoD would be close (Probably his favor on DL), and YS is definitely my loss.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Bizzaro's Ganon is really good against Mewtwo . I only played him in two friendlies (At NSH last year), both random on Yoshi's Story, but he definitely plays the match-up well. If I had to play him again, I think I'd only be able to beat him on FD, BF, and PS. DL and FoD would be close (Probably his favor on DL), and YS is definitely my loss.
Yeah Jason is really good; best friend, so he plays against my Mewtwo all the time.

-I haven't beat him many times with my Mewtwo. Usually FD does the trick.

@ItalianStallion: Next time ask Bizzarro about the UC Merced Mewtwo that they have up there. You guys can talk about stuff.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wonder how many active mewtwo players there are.

I know of like 8, but thats including myself, tim(vman!, and denny(quak) lol.

ISTA-im watching your matches now. I was watching the first one vs fox. U gotta control your inhibitions and not shield grab everytime fox attacks your shield. Break that habit now while its easy. You should get use to shielding until after fox's shine so that you dont shield grabbed and get knocked down. Ill give my full thoughts later. ill make a video critique thread...so if any m2s want full critiques just leave the video and somebody will get to u.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
only 8 Kaos? lol

BTW ItalianStallion, i wasn't suggesting that every time Pichu attacks in the air to try a sheild grab, a good player will bait you. Mewtwo's got a massive reach advantage over Pichu, learn to abuse it =D

elpoke82

Smash Rookie
Well, i play M2 and like it a lot. But i consider myself as an amateur, and the community where i live is so small, but idk if i can post some vids of my M2 at least to get some advice and if some clip gets in, even better :)

Riot

Smash Rookie
I just picked up melee after realizing how superior it is to brawl. So i picked mewtwo cuz he is just epic. I suck though...... but i did pull off some crazy ledgecamping on a CF today............ but thats about it....

ANYWAY back to topic...........

how is mewtwo supposed to play anyway? defensive or offensive?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I just picked up melee after realizing how superior it is to brawl. So i picked mewtwo cuz he is just epic. I suck though...... but i did pull off some crazy ledgecamping on a CF today............ but thats about it....

ANYWAY back to topic...........

how is mewtwo supposed to play anyway? defensive or offensive?
Take it from me, go all offensive :awesome: It makes you win

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
@ItalianStallion: Next time ask Bizzarro about the UC Merced Mewtwo that they have up there. You guys can talk about stuff.
You mean Holy? I think that was his tag. He uses Yoshi and Mewtwo? He was there at the tournament, and I intended to Mewtwo ditto him, but he must have left early and I didn't notice. I will talk/play with him next time.

ISTA-im watching your matches now. I was watching the first one vs fox. U gotta control your inhibitions and not shield grab everytime fox attacks your shield. Break that habit now while its easy. You should get use to shielding until after fox's shine so that you dont shield grabbed and get knocked down. Ill give my full thoughts later. ill make a video critique thread...so if any m2s want full critiques just leave the video and somebody will get to u.
Playing Mr Yaah was like my first (Or second) experience against a technical fox. And after re-watching the matches, you're right. I kept on trying to shield grab because I wasn't used to a JC shine to come right after an attack against my shield. I guess I will have to try and keep that in mind when playing Fox, and I guess Falco also. I also learned at this tournament that the Falco match-up gave me a lot more trouble than the Fox match-up. I am not really sure why it did however, cuz I am way more used to Falco than Fox.

Is there any real big difference between playing against a Falco or a Fox when using Mewtwo? Or are they pretty similar match-ups?

BTW ItalianStallion, i wasn't suggesting that every time Pichu attacks in the air to try a sheild grab, a good player will bait you. Mewtwo's got a massive reach advantage over Pichu, learn to abuse it =D
OK. What about mixing up shield grabs with perhaps WD'ing back and then throwing some tilts out there? Maybe even when a Pichu is approaching, quickly turn around and start a Shadowball charge-up? DJC u-air? I guess all these things could work, I just gotta make sure that I don't become too easy to read.

On a more specific note, I have two questions pertaining to the videos of me:

1. In the second match against Mr Yaah, around 6:24 I get hit by Fox's up-tilt. Now the thing is, I wasn't that close to Fox at all. What happened?

2. In that same match, at around 6:51, I get hit by Fox's up-smash. I was trying teleport at the time. I was trying to do a SUNC, (If that indeed is the correct term) but I failed and instead got hit. Now my question is, when I got hit, was I at the end of my teleport because I must have hit the ledge during the teleport and hence the teleport was shortened to end right at the up-smash, or was I interrupted "mid" teleport with the up-smash? Basically, does Mewtwo still have hurt-boxes during his teleport and/or at start-up/finish, or is he basically untouchable?

For example, in TAJ's most recent (Recorded) match against SS, the last hit that got SS the win was a knee, but Mewtwo was finishing up a teleport and wasn't even in physical contact with SS's knee. Why was Mewtwo hit?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL. I like falco better once Ive hit him....when trying to approach I like fox better.

What it comes down to, a top level falco can play a very very safe game of laser tag until you reach and he can punish you. You have to learn an completely new skill set in order to deal with falco, but once you do, you will realize that fox is actually alot more dangerous because he can lock u down with his speed while still having all of his options available..and EZ mode kills.

You are going to want to be very crisp when playing the spacy matchups, while still being able to flow like water. Dont waste movements and frames. EXECUTION is key.

As far as that seperate skill set-You have to learn how to deal with lazers. Powershielding and wavedashing oos are extremely important. Shield a laser and WD oos to keep it moving. Powershield a laser and possibly get a grab from it. Falco is gonna start empty hopping to slow u down and make u think a laser is coming so that you shield, or force u into a teleport that would be punished HARD. So make sure u can quickly realize that no laser was fired and WD oos to keep moving. And then of course u can go above using wavelands on platforms and teleports cross ups to close space quickly while remaining "safe".

If you want more info about that Id ask Taj. I feel im too inconsistent with falco's lasers. some days its like they cant touch me and somedays I find myself unable to move.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
MEWTWO IS ****ING BIG. thats why he got hit lol. During the teleport M2 isnt on screen and doesnt have any hurtboxes.

M2 has at least a 7 frame startup on his teleport..meaning just making an educated guess he disappears on frame 8.(it may actually be 7 tho ill confirm soon enough)

when he reappears he can be hit, if your teleport ends in the air m2 goes into special fall and has 4 frames of landing lag...a normal jump with no aerial has 4 frames of landing lag.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
For the record, that match against SS at DGDTJ is probably my favorite match of yours.

EDIT: OK...maybe this one surpasses that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RiiudZjk6k

Yup that sounds like him. Although the "Holy" name tag is something I don't know if he goes by.
How about Jahan?

Oh, and good news for me. I recently won an ebay auction for a gamecube w/controller and memory card. It also comes with a copy of SSBM. So my Mewtwo training shall commence when it arrives in the mail like a week from now.

So on that note, I was wondering if I could hear what the best Mewtwos had to say about effective one person training techniques? I plan on doing things like practicing Wd'ing, l-cancels, Moonwalking, DJC'ing, Sweet-spotting Teleport, SUNC, edge cancels, WD OOS, yaddah yaddah. But were there any "regimens" that helped any of you guys reach the skill level you are at right now? Maybe any general "tips and tricks" that I could use? Thanks in advance for any thoughts you could spare. :mewtwo:

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
General tips, practice moving out of shield. Also, practice doing perfect teleport cancels on stage as well as ledge cancels and stalls. Retaining full invincibility on your teleport is a great way to get clean stocks by preventing people from forcing you off of ledge with aerials and projectiles.

Then practice doing tilt combos so you understand the height and timing of the combos. If you go into training mode you can see exactly what combos and what doesn't so you have realistic expectations of how your combos will flow on a player even if the DI is different. You can even set the training mode AI to evade so that it tends to DI away.

You don't necessarily need to practice DJCs until you're more comfortable with the basic tilt > forward air > up air combos, but practicing anything that gets you earlier stocks and free punishes out of shield are a must.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Just something I found while doing my testing that was kinda cool.

If you wanna know the maximum vertical distance for m2, basically its the height of the walls in YLs target test stage. That very first part where YL wall jumps out, Well if u Full hop, dj on frame 27 and bair on frame 33 and up B as soon as the bair is done....m2 can make it on top of those walls. No lie, I was mad impressed lol.

Fox was pretty high up but not chance of making it, puff was very close to making it up, pikachu I couldnt get hit double up B...idk if he would have been able to DI far enough after his vert to make it even if I could double up B, fox has more vert than zelda so she couldnt make it. I didnt test samus with rising grapple tho

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Samus had problems with the grapple cuz it kept hitting the wall, but im pretty sure she still got the right height or close to it, Im pretty sure she wouldnt make it without walljumps.

IC, I didnt even have to use AR to make it up lol, only to get to the stage. But of course Nana doesnt make it out, but you can teleport her thru the wall.

So its pro IC M2 Puff

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
What buttons do you guys use to shield and then WD OOS? I have gotten used to shielding with R, and I have gotten used to WDing with R (I also l-cancel with R). So now I have a dilemma of either training my fingers to just deal with the awkwardness, or I have to get used to either shielding or WD'ing with L so I can more easily WD OOS. What should I do?

If this new Nintendo system comes out and there is a new Super Smash Bros game, it better be like melee instead of Brawl. And it better have Mewtwo. And please...don't make most of his moves SUCK! Mewtwo's side special has TONS of lag (Starting and ending) and when it reflects, the projectile becomes useless. Why would they handicap such a cool character?

But if that does happen, and Mewtwo gets a huge upgrade, I probably will still play melee cuz I probably couldn't get used to a Mewtwo with good moves. :p

Don't mind me, I am just frustrated in how I feel that even though I practice most with Mewtwo, most of my other characters are way better. Mewtwo's my favorite, but I don't think I have much "natural talent" with him when compared to other characters I use.

Well....this post deteriorated fast. Don't pay attention to those last three paragraphs.

I probably shouldn't type so much at 2:45 in the morning.

Top Bottom