• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj/Vman's Ultimate Mewtwo Movie Collection

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Edit: I just had this thought, maybe its a good idea maybe not, idk, but like how the falcons had a 4 man combo video, what if there was a m2 3-4 man combo video? hint hint. lol

Lol, I been using bair to dair for years.

Its just in my playstyle, I cant stop it haha. Lead in with that WD>moonwalk and then just get off. Funny thing is that when money is on the line, my **** starts to look more like pro m2. none of that funny **** lmao.

Im using more confusion and disable tricks hopefully in the next one. Along with much much more ledge cancellage.

But thanks Iori, Im glad you liked it. I pretty much made the video in one night. I had all my clips, some needed to be shortened but I did that on the fly. I just started pluggin **** in and ran with it.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol I took a month with mine. >_<

as for the 4 man video; that's a good idea, tho it'd just be you v-man iroi and then taj so I'd be sitting it out. I've gotten a little sloppy lately; I don't play mewtwo enough anymore. gonna really practice later hopefully record something. my tech skill is fine I just try to play him like flacon or marth subconciously lmao

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Woooooooooooweeeeeeeeeee, allritey, i'm back and i'm back for keeps everyone.. Its great to be back! n_n

K anyway on to the important stuff. Updated first page, many matches now removed due to the year being over, so many of mine, I've removed, I've yet to remove anyone else's because i've not asked anyone else yet if they want their old matches removed, "hence" the why we need to keep posting more videos.. ^^

So Yeah large update on first page, Kaostar has been added ^^ and I'm unsure of whether to remove you shadowball, You didn't give up on Mewtwo have you?? I hope not, and hopefully an up an comer Mewtwo player, he knows who he is *Wink* <------------- yeah kinda gay but i'm so glad to be back from the military. I have my life back, and what not and I missed the forums so much..

Side Note - regarding Taj/Vman..I've been getting many request that any videos that me or Taj put up to have them against top level opponents, and as far as me, that sounds absolutely wonderful, so for the AZ Mewtwo's (Taj/Vman) all of our newer videos that are posted will be against AZ's best or top level players. Hopefully this will fulfill the many request I've been getting on this matter so hopefully we can help show how Mewtwo is played at higher level of play. Of course we all know Taj, has showed us this already, and Iori's Hella legit (with awesome combo video music) with all of the top level players he's played and I've played all of AZ's finest with mine, so as a request Taj, and I will upload top level play for entertainment. ^^

So yeah, keep em coming Mewtwo boards, and TRUST ME when I say I'm back.. IM BACK.. I'll be in this section everyday to give tips/advice/just wanna chat whatever you want, I'll be here i'm so happy to be back! <33333

Oh yeah and Axe *****! =p

EDIT: and of course last but not least, if you have a video you would like added to the archive post it, and I will update it within 24 hours GUARANTEED... Wooot OMG it's sooooooo good to be bak!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
So Yeah large update on first page, Kaostar has been added ^^ and I'm unsure of whether to remove you shadowball, You didn't give up on Mewtwo have you?? I hope not.
I have not given up on mewtwo in the slightest. I have had NO opportunities to record anything whatsoever recently. every time I think i do it's just like "LOL no." i have old crap from october but that's it, and said old videoes in no way shape or form show what kind of monster my mewtwo has become in the past 4 months of training and learning. let's just say that when i start GalaxyBlast 2 late this year for a 2011 release, it'll make the first look like a total and utter joke.

but no I'm still here. lmao <3 I'm gonna try to get something recorded on saturday at the tourny I'm going to. we'll see.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You can take my **** down.Obviously everything except the combo video. I JUST DELETED ALL THE MATCHES. I was just ****ing around anyway lol. I was about to delete them off youtube haha. Unless you are in the mood or are playing somebody good, m2 just doesnt feel right.

That guy is staying with me for a bit and Id been teaching him melee. I hadnt had a chance to record with WA's finest yet.

Ill hopefully be recording matches later this week so lets get it goin.

I watched your matches with TAG. Good****, and glad you are back.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm gonna see if I can take some vids this weekend, might be pretty poor quality. I can't directly connect to the TV, so I'll just use a camera setup to do this.
No guarantees though :)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^^ hehe kk, sorry I was sleepy as hell last nite, can you send me any/all links and matches you want me to have for you shadowball? por favor ^^ <3

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Naw I'm not deleting anything in your section Iori, you've played so many great players with Mewtwo it's awesome.. You have the only section that every opponent is at or "were" at the top of their game.. but yeah get me some more videos, I like watching your Mewtwo ^^ even tho you don't DJC shadowclaw *cries* but still I freakin love your Mewtwo

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
agreed kaos.

also if we were talking about music for each person's mewtwo... could you guys please let me have a claim on rock/crunk? even though I'm not even in the preproduction stages for my next video, I have two promising songs and would greatly appreciate it if someone else doesn't use the genre first. I was experimental with the music in the first one, but I'm locked on rock/crunk now lol. so yeah please? <3

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
marth is prob mewtwo's worst match up if he plays the match-up right, with spacing and gayness... mewtwo has like 0 options. it's even hard to escape most of the time. quak put it best lol.

Marth

Why you should lose
*Out ranges you
*Out prioritizes you
*Out grabs you
*Out edgeguards you
*Out everythings you

Necessities to win
*Techchasing
*Baby Shadowballs
*Edgeguarding prowess
uhm........
threats?

It's very simple, you lose this match up. One of the most blatent counters in the game. If you want to win, don't use mewtwo, if you decide to just go through with it, you've got to be several echelons of skill above your opponent to win legitimately. You have to throw baby shadowballs to approach or you'll get intercepted with ease. Once ur in, grabs, tech chasing, and d-tilts will be the bulk of your damage, possible an uair. To kill him, back throw to good edgeguard with bairs like a fiend. Smashing for the edgeguard shouldn't work, as his upB should hit you before you get it off when he sweetspots.
now taj might ninja out and say its not that bad, but for us mortals its a terrible match-up. which is why I main marth not mewtwo lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think fox is worse. With marth you can at least run away. and if you get to a high enough percent he has a hard time killing you.

Fox can kill you at 60-70, obviously you usually only die at 90 something, but its ****. Plus fox can use his gun to make m2 come to him.

M2 can get away from marths approaches, but not really contest with them.

Falco and falcon are also ****. but at least falco is gimpable tho I hate lasers. and falcon loves to combo so he will go for that extra knee offstage and you get a kill.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Allrite, First page updated, check it out..

Fighting Fox and Marth are both mad lame, very careful type of game must be played, but both are possible to win..

^^

uhh yeah first page updated tell me if i missed anything..

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I swear they must have thought m2 was gonna be abused or something.

its like they took his down B side B down smash and fsmash and then just dumbed them down.

Why would you have a move thats purpose is to confuse, but not actually do anything. That **** should only work once. I think we have all reflected a projectile and laughed as our opponents shielded.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I swear they must have thought m2 was gonna be abused or something.

its like they took his down B side B down smash and fsmash and then just dumbed them down.

Why would you have a move thats purpose is to confuse, but not actually do anything. That **** should only work once. I think we have all reflected a projectile and laughed as our opponents shielded.
I like m2's down smash, it is quick and potent even though it can miss because of its range and size. His f smash however is a joke, it really has to be the least used move in the game.:ohwell:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
to be honest. I use all his moves. fsmash to edge guard cuz its big and has a tipper, which sucks lol, but yea. d smash is nice but I do be missing cuz im to close or early.

up smash is tight from a wd

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Wooooooooot.........Yay Guus! can't wait to see em, then I get to add another Mewtwo face.. ^^ Hope you play him constantly! ^^

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Yea, he's my main now. If I put vids up I'll feel more compelled to sticking with him :p.
Videos are now being embedded, I'll probably post them tomorrow then.

EDIT: HERE THEY ARE!

Guus (Mewtwo) vs Flying Dutchman (Marth (his main)) - 1
Guus (Mewtwo) vs Flying Dutchman (Marth) - 2
Guus (Mewtwo) vs Flying Dutchman (Marth) - 3
Guus (Mewtwo) vs Flying Dutchman (Captain Falcon) - 1
Guus (Mewtwo) vs Flying Dutchman (Captain Falcon) - 2

This player is a bit above my skill level.
I'd love to receive some critique/advice. I especially have trouble with being on platforms above Marth. What do I do?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'm so :tired: opened this morning barely satying awake.

@ Guus didn't watch any more than the opening of the first match due to said sleepiness, but will be more than happy to review and add to anything else other people have to say.

@ Iori and Taj: just out of blatant curiousity (and absolutely no disrespect intended) how many Marths have you played and beaten who were very knowledgeable in the match-up? I know Taj has played and lost to Ken, Azen and M2K but I'm curious about Iroi's oppoenents. most of Mewtwo's advantage comes from the marth not knowing how to react right and missing techs and stuff because they're like WTF mewtwo?? (In my own small experience this is the case so i'm curious). i would play you guys with my marth vs your m2's and @ least promise that I would try to make them close matches even if I lost. :)

in other news, i'll have some new videos tomarrow. nothing really amazing (my foes aren't top players) but its SOMETHING. will return.

:tired:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
platforms above marth--GET THE **** DOWN. teleport oos if you can, you can try to lightshield and teleport as you fall off as well, but thats punishable. WD oos off the platform and teleport if needed.

umm Ill leave the matches to be critiqued by more qualified players. But, Id just like to emphasize the importance of having your tech skill down. M2 needs to be on point and minimize mistakes. Judgment wise and then technical ones.

Clean up your WDs, you should be able to alter the lengths at will. They should be faster as well, dont waste WD on that jump.

Overall you will have to increase your speed. from match 2, stop spamming confusion. Also do not contest marth from above. He can win every time. ITs just wasted damage.

you just need to keep playing, and messing around with him until you get to a level where you are mad comfortable and can just do techniques at will, learn to djc--->iori jk <3

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I've been playing Mewtwo for about three weeks now. You're right, I should work on my tech skill about now. About spamming confusion; they were friendlies so I just decided to try some stuff :p. Thanks, Kaostar.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Here are some very recent matches. as a disclaimer my opponents aren't very skillful but they aren't horrible either, and since Kaos is posting stuff than I should be able to.

I'm teaching Esh how to play melee, and told her I'd put up @ least one match lol.

Huan vs Esh : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DmXJC7lD0

and a best out of five set played with my best friend Duo, who has improved since the last we played.

round one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEKCMzf_1H8

round two : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAPiFp0i00

round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTTFLnL6eU8

please no critques on my opponents. I'm posting this to show that I'VE progressed. :) I promise that I will have footage of me playing against more pro opponents in the near future.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think they should hax melee just so it does reflect :ohwell: And change nothing else.
yea. Id be happy with that.

to be honest Id like it if they couldnt bair me out of it tho :( of course if you surprise ppl they only get the bair if they mash.

Id also like something more for disable. Im fine how it is, but like if you could charge it or something to increase range.

Something tight you know.

If anything, Im just down with texture hacks. Black m2 ***** lol.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
yea. Id be happy with that.

to be honest Id like it if they couldnt bair me out of it tho :( of course if you surprise ppl they only get the bair if they mash.

Id also like something more for disable. Im fine how it is, but like if you could charge it or something to increase range.

Something tight you know.

If anything, Im just down with texture hacks. Black m2 ***** lol.
True but lucario m2 is better, his eyes are stunning :ohwell:

Top Bottom