• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj/Vman's Ultimate Mewtwo Movie Collection

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
aww man that sucks. I lost about 7 tight combos that I would have put in my last video in place of some of the lesser clips. It was also about 2 hours worth of **** but I know there were like 7 I wanted. When you lose a combo, for a little while you feel empty inside, unless you get a similar one that is better but there is still a little bit of pain lol.

Are you doing part 2 of 3 or just re-making 3? Or will this one just be SC4?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol Taj.-No more WoW, time to step it up for everyone.

@sb2- Yea the match went how I would expect it to go in bracket(no offense iori) just darkrain vs m2. Matchup wise that can be a tough one.

@vman-**** yoshi lol
lol, Yoshi is too sick!

@Taj, yes SC III was bleh, like I told you months ago, but don't worry SC IV will be rapesauce, I promise <3

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol, I was actually a bit surprised that you released it. I asked you at Genesis and you said its pretty much done, but you didnt think it was good. But lets just say shadow claw 2 is really ****ing good. Its one of the best melee combo videos every made. Good combos, and an overall good production. Cant wait for number 4 then.

You cant be the best m2 if ya mind aint ready and ya hearts not open. lol

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
LOL! "The way you treat yo neighbor mah *****, Stealin his newspaper, COVETING his wife n' ****, mah *****. She a bad ***** I wouldn't mind hittin' her myself, mah *****, I'm just sayin' doe, mah *****, he married her."

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
SC3 was only not good because of the lack of clips with combos on people not Tai lol. my video wasn't good 'cause i'm a lousy player... my john is better! =D

so yeah Taj is recording again that's so cool...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
All he's saying or meaning to say is SC III sucked, in a nice manner... When I can just say, SC III sucked ****in ***..

<3 Tony <3

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
yes that's what i'm saying. Taj's M2 was still so good, but you can tell that there was just not a lot of footage to work with and Tai just seemed to fall for the same stuff again and again. esp compared to Sc2... Sc3 lacked freshness. I'm counting on V3ectorman to give us a true successor to Sc2.

so says the guy who's M2 video has the least amount of view out of all of them.

EDIT: V3torman and Kaos i mailed you a new video of mine on youtube comment there or PM me and let me know what you think, it's private @ the moment i'm looking for input as to whether or not it's worth making public... @ any other M2 player i'll do the same just ask! =D

it's for M2 players only @ the moment.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
yes that's what i'm saying. Taj's M2 was still so good, but you can tell that there was just not a lot of footage to work with and Tai just seemed to fall for the same stuff again and again. esp compared to Sc2... Sc3 lacked freshness. I'm counting on V3ectorman to give us a true successor to Sc2.

so says the guy who's M2 video has the least amount of view out of all of them.

EDIT: V3torman and Kaos i mailed you a new video of mine on youtube comment there or PM me and let me know what you think, it's private @ the moment i'm looking for input as to whether or not it's worth making public... @ any other M2 player i'll do the same just ask! =D

it's for M2 players only @ the moment.
send it to me XD tufynenmemphis@yahoo.com

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
sure i forgot you sorry lol. i'll send it to your youtube acct tho as far as i know that's the only way you can see it... i'm gonna do that now actually lol

EDIT: k it's done. i'm sorta iffy about it i like the opening ect. ect. but i'm really hesitant to judge my own playstyle/editing abilities. since my first video wasn't very well recieved...

DOUBLE EDIT: if you think there's something wrong with it or you like it tell me! one way or the other... /nagging

TRIPLE EDIT: after having time to think it over i've decided that the present version will be the beta copy. the opening (Which i really really like) will stay the same, but i have more footage and with more of the song being used i can be more creative with the editing; even the clips in there were shortened to fit the timeline of the song's opening. i'll have the improved one up by the weeks end... lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
iori-do you want somebody to post your video in the video section, or remind you to do it
*hint hint*

sb2-intro was kinda cool. kinda weird to picture mewtwo in a peaceful field imo.

I would try to get like 3-5 legit combos and the rest can be clips that you can use to build hype or sync music too or some cool editing.

basically I would try to get at least 3 solid combos to attract attention. the ones that you have don't excite people to wanna watch. ppl remember all that hype from galaxyblast, you are going to need to make an awesome trailer, its ok if its short. but you gotta show off your improvement.

SDC

Smash Lord
This is gonna sound harsh, but:
Ok from watching the trailer I'm gonna be honest with you Sb2, I probably wouldn't make another combo video right now. The entire video probably only has 1 real combo in there, the rest are poorly strung together hits on opponents that are obviously inferior in skill to you. (What sheik dodges to avoid a mewtwo lol?)
Being honest dude, I wouldn't release that combo vid, not for a while atleast. You wanna be able to actually dominate good people in your vid, not knock around a couple scrubs (I don't mean to just insult your friends, but if your vids are any representation of their skill, then yes, they play like scrubs).

Dude, if I were you I'd wait until you're seriously good before releasing a combo video, just don't waste your time right now. Just practice against people who are better then you, learn new things, hone what you do know, and try to be creative.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
are you talking about the private one or the public one? >.< no johns now.

Combo Video Johns
- I bet you can't do that in a real match
- Your opponents are noobs
- Your opponents don't DI
- The music sucks
- The video quality sucks
- The editing sucks
- Cool video, but I could probably beat you
- You didn't say thanks for watching
:laugh: :laugh: ;)

SDC

Smash Lord
are you talking about the private one or the public one? >.< no johns now.

:laugh: :laugh: ;)
You never sent me a private one. For obvious reasons.

I'm talking about the public one, the one you posted on your youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_TR4ggtu0
That one.

And, honestly, even though you may be mocking that person that you just quoted, 90% of what is in that post is true about your vid.

Sb2, honestly, don't make another combo vid, just work on getting better. My advice, consistently play people who are better then you. That's the only way you'll improve.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
nobody can mock rick rohins. he is too filthy. everything he says is law.

those are things people often say. he forgot

those are not combos
x's combo video was better

I thought the music was hill billy. not to my liking. I really think darker **** works best for mewtwo.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

I'm talking about the public one, the one you posted on your youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_TR4ggtu0
That one.

And, honestly, even though you may be mocking that person that you just quoted, 90% of what is in that post is true about your vid.

Sb2, honestly, don't make another combo vid, just work on getting better. My advice, consistently play people who are better then you. That's the only way you'll improve.
In all honestly, It wasn't all that good as previously stated but I do however love watching someone grow little by little. Just wait alittle longer and then post another video.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
iori-do you want somebody to post your video in the video section, or remind you to do it
*hint hint*

sb2-intro was kinda cool. kinda weird to picture mewtwo in a peaceful field imo.

I would try to get like 3-5 legit combos and the rest can be clips that you can use to build hype or sync music too or some cool editing.

basically I would try to get at least 3 solid combos to attract attention. the ones that you have don't excite people to wanna watch. ppl remember all that hype from galaxyblast, you are going to need to make an awesome trailer, its ok if its short. but you gotta show off your improvement.
Double post

Oh and yes pls post good sir :)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

That one.

who said i was mocking him? as KAOS said what he says is law. and its true. and besides saying that i need to improve ect ect ect... (Which is true yeah...) everything else was just Johns. No Johns.

also here's a nice guy even though he doesn't speak the truth. Bolded was the point of testing the new recording equip. and the new editing system though

I'm really not just being nice, from what the last video you sent out, this one really isn't as bad, as most might be saying it is.... Yes even though it's true your opponents might not be too bright, etc, it doesn't change the fact that the combo video trailer itself is much better than your last project...which is what I'm basing it off of right now at the moment...
So really good job for now, however do consider everyone's advice and do continue to develop your game and play better people as well, you might lose more than normal.. but all of us Mewtwo's went through that process.. =)
and there he said EXACTLY what you said but he said it politely. all you say is "Well this is going to sound harsh" then you go ahead and post all sorts of harsh stuff. MY advice is why not try to NOT sound harsh? there are polite ways to do things. I.E.^^

EDIT: Iori and KAOS were pretty polite about it too while also saying it was premature lol... I <3 you guys.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
SB2-Yea, its a solid start. Some advance editing looking **** in there and with the right music/clips you will be on your way.

When I did my combo video, I went with music I thought ppl would like, I didnt think they were amazing or even all that good along with the combo video, but it appealed to a wider audience. My next one is gonna be **** that does m2 justice.

Try to come up with some sort of theme, some sort of feel to your video.

@Iori-I just posted mewtation 3 in the video thread. Its my favorite one out of the series, lol nobody has seen it yet. You didnt even really tell anyone about that ****. Won a tourney, released a vid... tells no one lol.

SDC

Smash Lord
who said i was mocking him? as KAOS said what he says is law. and its true. and besides saying that i need to improve ect ect ect... (Which is true yeah...) everything else was just Johns. No Johns.
What johns? And for god's sake, that meme has gotten SO **** old.

and there he said EXACTLY what you said but he said it politely. all you say is "Well this is going to sound harsh" then you go ahead and post all sorts of harsh stuff. MY advice is why not try to NOT sound harsh? there are polite ways to do things. I.E.^^
There's a difference between being "harsh" and "blunt". I am blunt. I don't see any point in dancing around the intended message. I tell you what I really think, there's no point in speaking what I don't really think. I'm not going to coddle you.

What you're trying to say is "I'd like it if you could use a little more tact in the articulation of your intended message". Honestly, I probably do need to work on "tact". I've always been open, honest, and blunt about what I think. I've never seen any reason to do otherwise. Now I am starting to realize that valuing positive social interactions with others is beneficial to a more enjoyable existence, so I am starting to do so. I am working on being more tactful. However I will not apologize for being blunt. There is no reason for me to apologize for speaking my mind.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
@Seanthedon: No Johns is TIMELESS. I think he's referring to the comment about combo video johns quoted earlier from Rohins. Though you can't knock them if they're legit grievances.

@SB2: Blunt hurts, but it is effective. Maybe he could've said it nicer, but it is his opinion and he doesn't have to hold your hand and tell you your video is going to be ok. He doesn't need to be your friend to express his opinion. The main reason Vectorman was able to say it that way was because Seanthedon said it for him.

If you ask for opinions, you also need to be fair and accept both the good and the bad, no matter how they're presented. You can choose to acknowledge everyone's opinions or you can fish for the ones you want, but you shouldn't complain about hearing something in a way you didn't want to hear it (or read in this case). Some people are jerks, some people are blunt, some people are too nice, it's up to you to take what you can from all of them.

Hell, as much as I hate all the flames about my music choice in SC3, as much as I like hip-hop, I'm still taking these ignorant comments about rap sucks into consideration and I'm trying really hard to find even ground to appeal to the majority of my audience.

By the way, if you want advice or my opinion on anything, don't ask through other people, ask me directly. I'm a gentle giant, and I can respond "tactfully." :chuckle:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
No taj, Shadow Claw 3 sucked because I didn't make it.. PERIOD.. there is nothing else... and yet your first song sucked..

Kryptonite was ****!

<3 tony

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Get the **** up!
Simon Says get the **** up!
Throw your hands in the sky (BO! BO! BO! BO!)
Queens is in the back sippin yak y'all what's up?
Girls, rub on your ******* (yeahhhhhh)
Yeah I said it -- rub on your *******
New York city gritty committee pity the fool that
act ****ty in the midst of the calm, the witty

Song is pretty legit. Just could have been more upbeat for a video. Something more like what you are looking for now lol.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Taj breaking it down. i got SUNC'ed for No Johns trolling lmao.

I wasn't taking anything the wrong way really. it's more of it was exactly what he said about the last one and that amused me. *shrugs* at least i like the editing better...

and i'm not intending to make anything until this time next year at the EARLIEST, so any advice about not making anything right now is really wasted because i'm not even attempting to lol. i made that "Trailer" for fun. nothing else. that's why its not in the video disscussion section. <- *what he should've said in the first place*

EDIT: i think i'll add that to the youtube description actually. >_<

DOUBLE EDIT: actually Taj, the only thing wrong with the music in SC3 was the first song. Not even Bowser deserves Godzilla's theme IMO.

What you're trying to say is "I'd like it if you could use a little more tact in the articulation of your intended message". Honestly, I probably do need to work on "tact". I've always been open, honest, and blunt about what I think. I've never seen any reason to do otherwise. Now I am starting to realize that valuing positive social interactions with others is beneficial to a more enjoyable existence, so I am starting to do so. I am working on being more tactful. However I will not apologize for being blunt. There is no reason for me to apologize for speaking my mind.
you hit it on the money. i am not asking you to apologize for speaking your mind. this is america lol. but yeah, tact is all i'm asking for. =)

FINAL EDIT: my youtube acct. won't let me save changes WTF...

SDC

Smash Lord
I wasn't taking anything the wrong way really. it's more of it was exactly what he said about the last one
Because honestly, it wasn't at all better then the last one. I saw little to no improvement at all.

and i'm not intending to make anything until this time next year at the EARLIEST, so any advice about not making anything right now is really wasted because i'm not even attempting to lol. i made that "Trailer" for fun. nothing else. that's why its not in the video disscussion section. <- *what he should've said in the first place*
What you should have done is not even make a trailer. If you're still not doing that well, and you don't plan on doing anything for a whole year, why even make a trailer? A trailer is supposed to get people hyped for something good coming up soon, but a bad trailer released in a year's advance is.....just kinda pointless, and it also makes people think "Oh so the second one won't be any better then the first one". =/

DOUBLE EDIT: actually Taj, the only thing wrong with the music in SC3 was the first song. Not even Bowser deserves Godzilla's theme IMO.
I don't know why people are hating on SC3, I thought it was great. Yeah he beat up mostly just the same person but the music was fine to me.

you hit it on the money. i am not asking you to apologize for speaking your mind. this is america lol. but yeah, tact is all i'm asking for. =)
I will give you tact if I want to. ;) lol

FINAL EDIT: my youtube acct. won't let me save changes WTF...
BLAARGH THE YOUTUBEZ

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Because honestly, it wasn't at all better then the last one. I saw little to no improvement at all.
look closer. I JC my grabs now lmao... ;)

What you should have done is not even make a trailer. If you're still not doing that well, and you don't plan on doing anything for a whole year, why even make a trailer? A trailer is supposed to get people hyped for something good coming up soon, but a bad trailer released in a year's advance is.....just kinda pointless, and it also makes people think "Oh so the second one won't be any better then the first one". =/
i made that "Trailer" for fun. nothing else. that's why its not in the video disscussion section.
^ that lol. it wasn't even meant to be taken seriously, if it was it'd be in the video disscussion section. my Dazzle/Pinnacle studio 14 work just fine though. :)

i promise that I will have some actual vs matches against the #1 player in W. MA (Roman) when we can finally find a time to play. :bee: I would record against Flaco (Who's always around) but he plays Marth and knows the match-up too well for me to win @ my present level... i play Sheik against him and have had great success recently hahaha...

I don't know why people are hating on SC3, I thought it was great. Yeah he beat up mostly just the same person but the music was fine to me.
it was all Tai though... ALL of it. same tag hahaha. i'm a Godzilla nerd so i don't like the theme being used where *in my opinion* it doesn't belong. If you liked the music whatever I'm not hating against you for it. it's just the first song for me though, Kryptonite *****.

also since youtube has been bought by Google (Who's gonna rule the world soon, just saying) i've yet to open a Google acct. maybe that's why?

in other news SC4 will ****...

SDC

Smash Lord
look closer. I JC my grabs now lmao... ;)
Lol that's something you should have been doing a year ago....but hey better late then never.

^ that lol. it wasn't even meant to be taken seriously, if it was it'd be in the video disscussion section. my Dazzle/Pinnacle studio 14 work just fine though. :)
No I understand that you did it for fun. My point was that it was quite pointless if you want to help your reputation out at all, which is usually why people want to make combo videos, they want to look cool. If you have fun making "combo" videos, I can't/won't stop you, but I'd advise you to not make them, not for a while.

i promise that I will have some actual vs matches against the #1 player in W. MA (Roman) when we can finally find a time to play. :bee: I would record against Flaco (Who's always around) but he plays Marth and knows the match-up too well for me to win @ my present level... i play Sheik against him and have had great success recently hahaha...
Well that should be entertaining. But who cares if you "can't win against him". That's why you should want to keep playing him. Losing is part of getting better. Losing ALOT is part of getting better. You shouldn't avoid playing people who are better then you and losing, you should welcome it, it will really help you improve.

it was all Tai though... ALL of it. same tag hahaha. i'm a Godzilla nerd so i don't like the theme being used where *in my opinion* it doesn't belong. If you liked the music whatever I'm not hating against you for it. it's just the first song for me though, Kryptonite *****.
1. Even if it was ALL Tai, yeah that's a detriment to the video, but it's still nice work by Taj.

2. It wasn't ALL Tai. I just watched the video again, and tallied up the number of clips in which Tai appears:

\ = combo clip

TAI: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

NOT TAI: \\\\\\\\\\

Yes Tai makes up a vast majority of the vid, but it is not solely comprised of him.
Also here's why SC3 isn't a bad video: what makes a video good or bad is what its attributes are. Whether it has:
1. Good opponents.
2. Real combos.
3. Diversity of combos.
4. Demonstration of skill/technical ability.

The music isn't exactly important, it's what's happening on the screen that matters.

Yes it featured primarily TAI, but the rest of the video featured good, diverse combos, good technical ability, and Taj clearly demonstrates his deep skill with the character. It's not a GREAT vid, but it is a good one.

And what the hell is this "godzilla theme" I keep on hearing about? What is the godzilla theme, and how did Taj blaspheme it? If anything, you should be happy that it appeared in a Taj vid.

Top Bottom