• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
We should make this the last great melee tournament. Everyone comes to say bye.
F that.

I have no idea what my obligations and school situation will be when this rolls around, but you better BELIEVE I'm gonna be at this thing.
Same way I felt which is why I registered already lol.

melee won't die anytime soon
QFT

omg this is my birthday weekend.

I'm so doing this for my birthday :D
Yeah its my birthday weekend too. ****s gonna be ****.

Plank said its the last pound cause he is moving away from md/va and pound is a md/va series. I'm sure he will be still hosting super epic **** tournaments. ;)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
haha eggm, i actually decided this will be my last tournament im running :(

but that being said, im def going out with a bang!!!

registration opens on the 14th with a $10 venue fee until september first when its $20, then increasing each month!

apex is over and its time to put the wheels into full motion on this one, i am excited.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
WOOHOO! I can't wait for this tourny. I'm still on a high from this weekend too hah.

Mahone

Smash Champion
haha eggm, i actually decided this will be my last tournament im running :(

but that being said, im def going out with a bang!!!

registration opens on the 14th with a $10 venue fee until september first when its $20, then increasing each month!

apex is over and its time to put the wheels into full motion on this one, i am excited.
This looks really good, but i think Apex showed that wobbling shouldn't be legal and I also think semi finals should be best of 5, but you're the boss, so its just something to think about.

Eggm

Smash Hero
There should be a poll and only people who pay for pound 5 can vote if they want wobbling or not. America is a democracy based on voting I don't see this being terribly hard to pull off with like 6 months left I don't see why that isn't the fairest and best way to end this argument. Ah that sucks plank. Hopefully we hit 1000 people then so you can go out huuuuuuge. ;) I totally agree with semi finals bo 5 both qurters and semi's actually. I also like paying out to top 16 (and I know you like to payout real far into bracket) and when you get to play the tie breakers for actual placings, for example the two who tied for 7th duke it out for 7th and 8th and they get different amounts of money. That's pretty exciting too. Just things to think about. :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I can probably do the poll thing, i can put it in with registration, lol

maybe ill have multiple questions in registration that people can vote on and democracy wins! lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I can get work soon, I am SO in on this. And I will try to convince Alberta to come too. Be it Brawl & Melee alike. I'm going to enter both.

HELL YES.

Alukard

Smash Hero
you know wats too good ... me and plank counting bairs when it was hbox vs armada LOL

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hey Kadaj, I haven't exactly kept track of you as of late, but do you still main Marth?

If I go to this, MM? $5? I think you tried going to HSI one time but couldn't make it. I really wanted to play you then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think Apex showed that wobbling shouldn't be legal.
It shouldn't be legal because the best Ice Climbers in the world got 5th (note: wobbling didn't win all of his matches for him, and a Pikachu player got 5th as well) and would have gotten 5th whether Wobbling was legal or not? Genius.

Sanu

Smash Champion
It shouldn't be legal because the best Ice Climbers in the world got 5th (note: wobbling didn't win all of his matches for him, and a Pikachu player got 5th as well) and would have gotten 5th whether Wobbling was legal or not? Genius.
you're stoopid

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
your compelling argument has convinced me to change my mind and agree with you

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i will take a note to try and plan my spring vacation around this if i can. obviously no promises i havent seen a schedule DX

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Something I learned from APEX is that Plank is the ****... sorry to the other TOs but Plank got way more done in his 1-2 hours of Melee match calling than anyone else did for the entire rest of Day 3. I'm so confident in this tourney being the most well executed event ever that I'm gonna pre-reg w/o hesitation even though ALL of my midterm exams are happening the week right after this.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I've had plans to go to every pound. Never have. Maybe this will be the one.

Depends on who's going... I wanna see old school people mainly.

Mahone

Smash Champion
It shouldn't be legal because dashizwiz would outplay him the whole stock and then he would get one grab and even it up, just because someone doesn't win doesnt mean it should be legal. Just make it so you aren't allowed to fsmash or grab the ice climbers, and i bet mango will still beat wobbles, would that make it fair?

your compelling argument has convinced me to change my mind and agree with you
Ur arguement wasnt much better.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
It shouldn't be legal because dashizwiz would outplay him the whole stock and then he would get one grab and even it up, just because someone doesn't win doesnt mean it should be legal. Just make it so you aren't allowed to fsmash or grab the ice climbers, and i bet mango will still beat wobbles, would that make it fair?
Actually, if you watched, wobbles was adapting the whole time, and by the third game he was beating him solo climber for most of the game on PS i believe. second game was a little stupid though, lots of wobbling.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
why this will be the final pound? because melee will die in the next year ??
im probably moving shortly after it ends.... also running tournies like this is a full time job and i work full time and also need to go back to school, haha.

but thanks juggleguy, i appreciate that! i try my best lol

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
There should be a poll and only people who pay for pound 5 can vote if they want wobbling or not. America is a democracy based on voting I don't see this being terribly hard to pull off with like 6 months left I don't see why that isn't the fairest and best way to end this argument. Ah that sucks plank. Hopefully we hit 1000 people then so you can go out huuuuuuge. ;) I totally agree with semi finals bo 5 both qurters and semi's actually. I also like paying out to top 16 (and I know you like to payout real far into bracket) and when you get to play the tie breakers for actual placings, for example the two who tied for 7th duke it out for 7th and 8th and they get different amounts of money. That's pretty exciting too. Just things to think about. :)
I'm kind of being a facts Nazi here but America is a Republic

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you're both wrong, its a representative democracy.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
you're both wrong, its a representative democracy.
Not true,

the technical name is "federal constitutional republic"

say the first two lines of the pledge of allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the united states of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands.

I just want you guys to know, republic does not mean republican

sry plank for going off topic

POUND 5

seriously, anyone who doesn't come to this is insane

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Attempting to talk my parents into taking me. I'll probably enter both, but I'm kinda bad at Melee, lmao. Still, more money for you jerks. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom