• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
srsly...
imagine mvc if it could be played on a handheld
imagine SF if it could be played on a handheld
imagine melee if it could be played on a handheld

**** nintendo,

sticking w/ my gamecube

Jonas

Smash Champion
Worst SSB announcement ever. It's like "Oh yeah, we're letting Sakurai make another Smash Bros., and you're gonna play it with this terrible controller"

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The console will be awesome.

However, Smash will never be a real fighting game again.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
srsly...
imagine mvc if it could be played on a handheld
imagine SF if it could be played on a handheld
imagine melee if it could be played on a handheld

**** nintendo,

sticking w/ my gamecube
Actually SF 4 can be played on the 3DS. =D Though it's hard to play it I found.. not used to it.

rhan

Smash Hero
"Every Smash Bros fan knew it was coming for Project Cafe. But the fact that it's being split for the 3DS just means that it's being split to rack in more money for Nintendo. The same game for two different systems owned by the same company. Don't expect anything competative."

"It's just a way for Nintendo to rack in money. 2 of the same game for two different consoles owned by the same company. The game's going to be another non competitive game. It'll probably be fun for the first couple of months. But then people will realise that it's not as great as it could have been."

"It's not going to be good.. lolol if they split the idea of the game between two different systems OWNED by the same company the development will be simple. It's just going to be another money maker."

^^
Just a few posts I already made on Facebook about that matter.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I think that the fact there's no l-canceling in Brawl nerfs aerials and gives more focus into the ground game. It also makes you put more thought on how to use your aerials. Of course, I'm not saying that it's not the case with Melee, but I don't think that no l-canceling is all that bad.

Auto l-canceling/low lag aerials can be fun with the correct hitstun. Gives a nice combo aspect. Combine that with a technique to land on platforms (doesn't have to be wavelanding, but anything that gives a similar effect), and you get a potentially really fun game.
Being able to use aerials, albeit not completely laggless, allows for more offensive play. Brawl sucks, for it is defensive.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That controller is a prototype I hope, like the Boomerang PS3 controller in E3 2005. They can fix the issues with the controller if requested I hope.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It'll have things like "touch for smash/specials/ etc." to make it easier I guess.

Seriously Nintendo. GCN. Please.

Also, if this supports sd cards, can't we install homebrew through Brawl?

Beat!

Smash Master
Okay, I haven't watched ****, so let me get this straight:

Smash is coming for hand-held??????????????????????????????========

lmao

Melee it is.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's coming for both.

I'd rather try the 3ds version over playing smash with that controller. And GCN controller is so comfy too. D:

stelzig

Smash Lord
It's also coming out for Wii U, if you're into playing Smash Bros. on a huge-a** tablet controller.

Melee it is.
Nah, it'll probably at least be playable with the classic controllers. Though having to connect you wii remote to a new console all the time at tournaments will be extremely annoying... Actually just having to walk around with a classic controller plugged into a wii remote will be annoying :p

breakyourarmor

Smash Cadet
L canceling is dumb though. We have this discussion a lot in the 64 social thread- it's really just an extra button press for no good reason. With one or two exceptions, you should ALWAYS Z-cancel, so it's the equivalent of making you press R every time you want to do a Uair- extra techskill for no good reason other than to make a completely arbitrary techskill gap between skill levels.

Look at it this way- if melee had come without L cancels, and someone came up to you and told you that they had this idea where you'd have to press L while landing or else get lagged from aerial moves, would you call it a good idea?
This post reeks of Sirlin's "technical tax" arguments.

hint: everything is a "technical tax".

Pengie

Smash Lord

stelzig

Smash Lord
Did it seem like that version had more hitstun/hitlag? Kirby's drill looked like it had way more stun than it does now and Ness managed to combo uptilt to Forward Smash on Ness lol. If anything, Nintendo should release that version over what will potentially be Super Scrub Brothers.
I am not quite sure you should expect those to be legit unescepable combos just because they happened in that video. But of course we can't really know :p

And yeah that e3 2001 video is amazing :D

Pengie

Smash Lord
With the increased hitlag you'd probably be able too smash DI a bit more often and just to not let it get too broken, I'd make DI a bit stronger to balance out the increased stun. If there's one thing that smash needs more of, it's hit stun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom