• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Chances for a bew Timesplitters are really high actually. Crytech UK (Former Free Radical) said they have something to show that everyone's gonna love. :D

:phone:

j00t

Smash Champion
Well it's already been confirmed that the "Super Secret Sequel" is Halo 4. And one of the "Super Secret Remakes" is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Fiddlesticks.

Well it's already been confirmed that the "Super Secret Sequel" is Halo 4. And one of the "Super Secret Remakes" is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Fiddlesticks.
Aren't there 2 "super secret sequels"?

j00t

Smash Champion
Aren't there 2 "super secret sequels"?
See, this is what sleep deprivation does to you.

So the ONLY, SINGULAR "Super Secret Remake" is Halo: CE HD or w/e

One of the two "Super Secret Sequels" is Halo 4. We might have hope :p

Image confirmation below:

Ecks

Smash Lord
If there were another smash I'm sure it would be shown during Ninty's conference.

And I wouldn't mind a Halo remake since I didn't play CE :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, regardless of what the other "Super Secret Sequel" is, they might just show it in their developer conference.

I'm praying it's Smash 4. I'm praying Ganon doesn't suck in it. I'm also praying that there's more character diversity. Melee has the same several MUs, and Brawl is well on its way to MK vs. MK: Tale of Two MKs. For anyone actually curious MK usage is at like %60, it's ****ing awful.

Just like Brawl. How fitting.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... when did the super secret sequel have to be Smash 4?

It's still happening guys, just wait til tomorrow.

Notice how that schedule has NO Nintendo games on it?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo Brawl just came out a couple of years ago, don't get your hopes up =)

Jonas

Smash Champion
and Nintendo didn't make enough money in the meantime

They might as well show it off right now, even if it's not gonna be released anytime soon. Brawl was first seen at E3 2006, which is the same event at which Nintendo first showed Wii games.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Where did we get that that picture in the OP from? Was that made specifically for this thread just to prove a point, or is it's existence meant to be an actual possibility?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Also, I faintly seem to remember Sakurai saying that Brawl was the last and final smash game.

IT'S DONE LIKE DINNER.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, regardless of what the other "Super Secret Sequel" is, they might just show it in their developer conference.

I'm praying it's Smash 4. I'm praying Ganon doesn't suck in it. I'm also praying that there's more character diversity. Melee has the same several MUs, and Brawl is well on its way to MK vs. MK: Tale of Two MKs. For anyone actually curious MK usage is at like %60, it's ****ing awful.

Just like Brawl. How fitting.
My dude, Fox isn't really much better in terms of usage stats.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Also, I faintly seem to remember Sakurai saying that Brawl was the last and final smash game.

IT'S DONE LIKE DINNER.
It might be the last Smash game that he himself creates, but keep in mind that he actually hasn't been employed by Nintendo since 2003. Nintendo is probably just gonna find someone else to make Smash Bros.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Lol are you kidding me? Do you see any Fox winning all the time? Nope.
This is where I point to all those huge nationals and show where one or two people beat out all the MK mains to win.

Kinda like how there are two puffs who somehow manage to beat everybody else all the time, where nobody else can do it.

A while ago while the MK debate was at its peak somebody from the Melee camp made a version of Ankoku's list for Melee and it showed exactly what I was referring to.

MK's dominance in terms of overall usage just seems more dramatic because the cast is so much larger and many characters are barely used at all.

LLDL

Smash Hero
It might be the last Smash game that he himself creates, but keep in mind that he actually hasn't been employed by Nintendo since 2003. Nintendo is probably just gonna find someone else to make Smash Bros.
Yes, but the president of Nintendo also said he would not even consider making another smash bros without Sakurai. If Sakurai doesn't make another one, and president keeps his word, there won't be anymore until new management.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This is where I point to all those huge nationals and show where one or two people beat out all the MK mains to win.

Kinda like how there are two puffs who somehow manage to beat everybody else all the time, where nobody else can do it.

A while ago while the MK debate was at its peak somebody from the Melee camp made a version of Ankoku's list for Melee and it showed exactly what I was referring to.

MK's dominance in terms of overall usage just seems more dramatic because the cast is so much larger and many characters are barely used at all.
Sorry but this is 2011 dude, this is not happening right now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't care how diverse the tournament results are. The game is boring as ****, to watch & to play.

rhan

Smash Hero
lololololol you guys. <3

MK is probably the most fun character in the game though. He's a Melee character compared to everyone else.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yes, but the president of Nintendo also said he would not even consider making another smash bros without Sakurai. If Sakurai doesn't make another one, and president keeps his word, there won't be anymore until new management.
Ah well, figures. Iwata is an idiot -__-

Ecks

Smash Lord
Iwata said that if Sakura didn't want to make Brawl he would have taken what they had (which is Melee) and build on top of it...

I could not have been sadder when I read this.

Edit: Basically I don't know if Iwata is dumb or not. Then again, who could have foreseen what was going to happen.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Iwata said that if Sakura didn't want to make Brawl he would have taken what they had (which is Melee) and build on top of it...

I could not have been sadder when I read this.

Edit: Basically I don't know if Iwata is dumb or not. Then again, who could have foreseen what was going to happen.

"Well, I had considered what I would do if you [Sakurai] turned me down and decided that I would need to take the existing Smash Bros. title, Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube, and try to make it Wi-Fi capable while preserving as much balanced game play as possible in the event you didn’t want to get involved. " -Iwata

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I wasnt trolling. I was stating my opinion.

I didnt make up the word meleetist, ive seen plenty of "clever" brawl kids use it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
But Iwata doesn't have a personal crusade against competition. I'm sure that if it was Hal and Iwata, we would have had a great game.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Perhaps Iwata can work on Brawl, which is what currently have, and improve it. That's what I hope for. Or maybe an entirely new iteration. Like going from 64 to Melee, introduce new concepts (like spot dodges and charged smashes) and improving on balance/competitive elements rather than cutesy modes and stuff.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I would prefer that they make a completely new iteration. It leaves the possibility for more "accidents" to happen.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee wasn't a complete accident. You're a fool if you still think that.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
At least we know there's no way in hell it's going to be as bad as Brawl. too much backlash from that for them to do it again (even some casuals say it's feels slow and easy). Hopefully it'll be good. There's also no chance for L-canceling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom