• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The demo doesn't feel like Melee at all. And don't come at me with some stupid ****, I know enough about PM.

Blastroner is just saying that he wishes you guys would just stfu and go away. Nobody WOULD care if you left. The Melee communitys been here too long to change.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
What part of it doesnt feel like melee are people not grasping? We arent gonna play a melee clone if it doesnt feel like melee.

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
I was just checking if you were thick-headedly clinging to the idea that the project cannot possibly succeed ;P
A statement like that just makes it seem like you're in denial and just don't WANT Project M to be good.

I'm with you an Roneblaster 100% though, PM has to be almost perfect or at least really REALLY good to be worth playing over Melee.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Was the first part aimed at me? Nooooooo, you're off by a long shot. I frequently post in the pm thread, the demo just doesn't feel like melee. Now the patch, that'll feel a lot more like melee.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's still going to be tough when you have PM and Melee in front of you. Which one would be worth practicing in more? Obviously with the one with more players in it. =P

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If PM literally turns into MELEE with more stages, better balance (only buffs not nerfs), and more characters, why play melee? Seriously, they're even going to release a texture pack that makes it LOOK like Melee.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I agree, it could still feel like melee and still not be as good. In the end its up to the individual player. I hope project m ***** my face, but im not getting my hopes up.

Walt

Smash Ace
I would really like PM to replace melee just because of the ability to alter game balance, ie fix problems the low tiers have. More characters being tournament viable should be the ultimate goal of PM.

rhan

Smash Hero
If PM literally turns into MELEE with more stages, better balance (only buffs not nerfs), and more characters, why play melee? Seriously, they're even going to release a texture pack that makes it LOOK like Melee.
Pit needs super Nerfs.. lmaoooo

I swear at the moment he's so broken.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Pit needs super Nerfs.. lmaoooo

I swear at the moment he's so broken.
I'm pretty sure he means not nerfing any of the Melee characters from their original forms, but only buffing them where they need it. Very few of the Bralw characters are finished or close to finished.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Snake, Lucas, and Sonic are pretty sexy.

I personally stopped playing until they release the patch, SO MUCH being fixed in it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
5 more days, 5 more days, 5 more days

Knowing Nintendo, I'm sure they'll also release a "HD Classics" line of games, re-releasing classic GC and Wii games in 1080p and 60fps. Melee (and Wind Waker <3 ) would certainly make the cut =)

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Personally, ive played melee enough to feel bored with it, to an extent. I could use a new smash game. I don't like brawl, but I have nothing against those who do. A fun, fast, new smash with online play would be totally cool.

Just keep your hopes up, and stay excited =D

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm in the same boat as you. Playing Melee is more of a chore for me then an enjoyable experience.

But I can guarantee that most people will play it for a month and move on to a new game.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm also very tired of Melee. I've played like crazy since release and I've grown tired of it. Tired of the models, the stages, the interface, the balance, etc. I've probably played Melee for more than 1700 hours this past ten years. (excluding the times I played at my friends.)

And WW in HD sounds so good. I hope this new console is backwards compatible.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh I'm not tired of the physics and the engine at all. It's just everything else.

Fake or not, we probably won't see a new smash soon.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm tired of paying against only top tier characters. My scene is all about Falcon and above. I play Samus and Young Link. Use to play Sheik but got bored easy. Starting to pick up Fox but I'm not a technical player so I'm getting wrecked because he's a top tier and everyone knows the match-up. So playing against a scrub top tier player is ez mode.

I just really hate seeing the same characters over and over again. Most of the time you seen some of the **** that happens. Sometimes you see something that still "wow's" the players. But it's just more fun for me to play low tier match-ups. Most of my close friends/crew mates play low tiers (Link, Roy, Pika, Mario) and those match-ups are always fresh and not played out. But when you see games like.. Jiggs v Sheik/ Sheik v Fox/ Falco v Marth/ etc. during the time of a 5 hour smashfest. It makes me wanna do something else.

I even play Young Link v Sheik just to try to cure my boredom. Even though it's a terrible match-up and I know I'm going to lose. It makes it fun for me. Just some sort of goal setting during fests/tourneys.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm not tired of Melee, but the break when Brawl came out was nice. Playing Brawl, learning new things then realizing it sucked took me about one year. By then, I was ready to play Melee again and it felt great.

Hopefully Smash 4 does the same.

Wait... no.

Pengie

Smash Lord
That's actually pretty cool; hopefully it's a good sign for things to some. Gotta give props to Alex Strife for setting that up!

Jonas

Smash Champion

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol Imagine people playing Project M in front of Reggie's face :p

But this seems promising!

rhan

Smash Hero
That interview was so trife...

***** picks his nose multiple times..

It turned me off to everything.