• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Competitive Brawl is boring as hell. Party brawl is extremly fun.
Party melee is better.

Even if the next smash is going to be just like brawl I will probably play it if its online is playable since I live in a country with rather few smashers, and quite far away from the ones we have heh. It wouldn't make me stop playing melee though.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I was about to say the same thing.

You didn't have to, most people who own Brawl will have Melee available, and if you have more fun with one, there's not really much of a reason to play the other one.
Im pretty sure "everyone else in the room enjoys the other one more" is a pretty good reason. Dont be a ***, what you enjoy most isnt always what everyone else enjoys most. Party melee may be more fun for me but my friends still like party brawl more because they play casually, hence we play party brawl.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
My point was that even though i enjoy party melee better than party brawl all I said is that party brawl is fun, so why the comparison? I didn't mention Melee at all.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
My point was that even though i enjoy party melee better than party brawl all I said is that party brawl is fun, so why the comparison? I didn't mention Melee at all.
For some people, competitive Brawl is actually fun. That's all they think and they don't really feel like they need to compare it with anything else. No need to choke them with a cord for that.

Sometimes I wish more Melee board**** players had the same mindset.

JOE!

Smash Hero
In the same vein(vain?), what if this new SB turns out to be better than melee in at least the competitive sense?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
brawl is the best sounding title in the series(besides the original anyway.)

I still remember those annoying Ma-lee vs. May-lay debates.

Strife is OK, though I think Duel would have been better.
Wait what? I always pronouced it Mee-Lee!

JOE!

Smash Hero
I know you would cus you're cool like that, but it was more aimed toward the dudes who are spouting "melee4lyfe" and inserting melee into something that didnt even bring it up because theyre so attached

stelzig

Smash Lord
I totally didn't even mention melee in that sentence.
I totally know, but figured it was relevant to point out that brawl didn't even accomplish to beat melee on a casual level either. If you are going to find people who prefer brawl as party game it is most likely those who don't even really notice the change in physics per say, which you don't exactly need to be competitive to notice... And then only focus on the fact that the graphics are improved and they have more characters, items and stages. The gameplay in itself is better in melee on any level.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure "everyone else in the room enjoys the other one more" is a pretty good reason. Dont be a ***, what you enjoy most isnt always what everyone else enjoys most. Party melee may be more fun for me but my friends still like party brawl more because they play casually, hence we play party brawl.
If everyone in the room wants to play Brawl they can go ahead and have fun, I don't see where you could've got the idea of me forcing them not to.
With my friends they wanted to play Brawl a lot when it first came out, as time passed they wanted to play it less and less, now, no one even mentions it.

In a few words, when they wanted to play Brawl they did, now they want to play Melee, so they do, no one's being an ***, you're just jumping to conclusions.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just because I prefer Melee to Brawl, doesn't mean I will automatically prefer Melee to whatever comes out next, though as I prefer the games of the N64 era to most of the recent stuff, I suspect the source material will fail to catch my eye in any way.

rhan

Smash Hero
THinking about it just now. Hasn't Nintendo been keeping an eye on the Project: M scene? If they have theyc ould learn a thing or two about making a competitive/party Smash game.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Heres how it will go down

E3 2011>
Nintendo: Project cafe is officially renamed Wii2, and nicknamed WiiWii
Nintendo Announces first party launch titles and then says, Smash brothers will be one
Two years after Wii Wii launch, Super smash bros. super party fun time is released.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'll be honest... even if it's similar to Brawl, Smash 4 will be 10000000x more fun if it has good online with leaderboards and ****. Nintendo better not mess that up again.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
Super Smash Bros. Tussle
Super Smash Bros. Punch-Up
Super Smash Bros. Scrap
Super Smash Bros. Clash
Super Smash Bros. Fracas
Super Smash Bros. Affray
Super Smash Bros. Riot
Super Smash Bros. Free-For-All
Super Smash Bros. Uproar
Super Smash Bros. Hullaballoo
Super Smash Bros. Mishmash
Super Smash Bros. Medley
Super Smash Bros. Ruckus

make your votes :awesome:

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. ****

...An anniversary edition of Melee with Mike Tyson in it. :troll:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Or it made lots of money so you can guess whether or not there will be another one. Follow the money dude.
Except Nintendo doesn't care about money and only makes the games they want to make. In their most desperate hour, they had to make a 2D Super Mario (after like 15 years) because they knew it would bring in truckloads of cash, but otherwise they just don't care.

Well ok, they probably DO care about money, being a business and all, but they don't tend to make the correct financial decisions unless they really have to.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol, the sub title doesn't have to be fighting related.

It could be Super Smash Bros Cafe or whatever the system will be called.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually it'd make sense if Guile were in it.

After all, Guile's theme goes with everything.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Zodiac ****in ***** this thread. I almost died reading that.<3

Why you *****s hatein on this fake title? Lovin me some strife.

Too much melee bashing/melee community bashing in this thread. Go let out ur pent up frustration in the brawl boards, we dont give a **** about you or your opinion.

A melee port without wavedashing WOULD suck king funk.

People arent playing project m because at this point it neither feels nor looks like melee.

Seriously, seeing melee players dog the game and the community makes me wanna vomit. you all can find the nearest door and get the **** out. Games been around for 10 years, we wont notice your absence.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
As long as there is skill gap the game is good for me. That's what I don't like with brawl, but maybe it's because I haven't played it enough. I find that even if I train (what should I train already) I could still get crushed by randoms charging smashes. 64 is obviously the opposite, which means it is easy to 0 to death noobs who don't DI or whatever.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually there is a skill gap in Brawl, but it's less tech skill and more using your option. Like, the difference between mid and high level Dedede is absolutely enormous, because it's literally playing dynamically with a one-dimensional character. But then somebody picks MK and... well **** it. Seriously, Brawl would be 100x better with MK banned. Then people could complain about Diddy instead. Sangoku, if you actually put time into Brawl you wouldn't be getting crushed by randoms. Unless you're Dedede, Zelda, or something that just gets ***** by Nado, but even then they won't be spacing it properly so you can just punish.

Roneblaster, you are aware that the Melee community is slowly shrinking, right? Not very many new people are picking up Melee. Lost players, in general, aren't replacable. Also the BR build of Project M is apparently legitimately starting to feel like Melee. I don't give a **** if you want to claim it doesn't feel like Melee, Melee camera is almost as bad as Brawl camera in that it's far too close whereas Brawl is far too zoomed out. And if you really want your ****ty low-quality character models then nobody is forcing you to play Project M.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Haha strangely I was doing best with zelda when I played it. But again I haven't played enough to determine anything.

I didn't know the melee community don't like project: M, I personally find it really good looking and I can't wait to test it =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom