• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Resident Evil Rep:
  1. Nemesis
  2. Chris Redfield
I do prefer a RE protagonist getting in first, but the idea of Nemesis being playable in Smash is just really funny to me

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Leon Kennedy
2. Jill Valentine

These two are the best options for RE protagonists imo, though I lament not getting three votes because I totally would have picked Ethan "the Faceless" Winters for my third.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s my votes:

1. Jill Valentine (Jill is my girl in MvC3. But she’s also insanely popular)
2. Chris (Leon is cool but Chris is the original protag. Seems strange to go with Leon in this case)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
1) Jill Valentine
2) Leon Kennedy

I have a question about the alternative colors in regards to characters like :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf:? Would we be nominating color for them with the male or female in mind?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I have some important news.

As you know, we partnered up with Twitter to include a stage called Twitter that requires players to connect their personal Twitter account to unlock the stage. It functions much like the old Miiverse stage with tweets, hashtags, and mentions from the personal account as well as accounts the player follows or is followed by.

We decided by voting to not include a Twitter universe and make it purely within the Smash universe umbrella. This decision was notified to Twitter’s appropriate departments and Nintendo’s department of marketing.

However, we received this email from Twitter’s own CEO, Jack Dorsey...

“Dear Super Smash Bros. Infinite Development Team,

Myself and Twitter is very excited at the potential a Smash x Twitter partnership can bring and I am a fan of the series myself. I consider myself a Diddy main as I like the “Hoo Hah!” Though I do dabble with Falco as I like blue birds and Joker as, when I close Twitter accounts, “they never saw it coming.” Anyways, I respect your decision to not make Twitter its own Universe in Infinite but we can’t accept that.

We understand the implications but we must insist to include Twitter as it’s own universe as well as Smash series symbol. However, we are looking to make the inclusion a bit more appealing for you and we hope you will consider our proposal.

We are offering to help bankroll and sponsor Infinite with a monetary package of $10.5 million USD. We believe this will allow you to add a few more characters and content. We will also be the primary sponsor and host of a Super Smash Bros. Infinite World Circuit.

All of this for including a Twitter universe. That being said, this package does come with several....strings....
  1. Twitter related Spirits including:
    1. Larry the Bird
    2. Retweet Button
    3. Verified Button
  2. Twitter related Mii Costume
    1. Larry the Bird
    2. Jack Dorsey costume
We greatly hope you consider our proposal and that this partnership helps foster future ones with more of Nintendo’s IPs.

Sincerely,
Jack Dorsey
Twitter CEO
From the contents of this letter, it seems we have two possibly options. To accept their proposal to include said content into the game or decline it. Doing so would mean we get to keep the Twitter stage as well be able to include more content thanks to their monetary package. This also means we can proceed forward with a Twitter-sponsored Infinite World Circuit tournament. We would be able add the dates, locations, and notable players who would be attending as well as events included at the tournament.

With this monetary package, we can include two more characters, a first and third party, plus probably an echo or two as well as affiliated stages. Agreeing with this proposal will lead to us having to include this content though.

We could always explore other ways to get promotional partnerships with other companies other than Twitter should we decline but we would also lose the Twitter stage.

Please see the above poll to determine if we will proceed with this partnership or decline it.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So I have some important news.

As you know, we partnered up with Twitter to include a stage called Twitter that requires players to connect their personal Twitter account to unlock the stage. It functions much like the old Miiverse stage with tweets, hashtags, and mentions from the personal account as well as accounts the player follows or is followed by.

We decided by voting to not include a Twitter universe and make it purely within the Smash universe umbrella. This decision was notified to Twitter’s appropriate departments and Nintendo’s department of marketing.

However, we received this email from Twitter’s own CEO, Jack Dorsey...

From the contents of this letter, it seems we have two possibly options. To accept their proposal to include said content into the game or decline it. Doing so would mean we get to keep the Twitter stage as well be able to include more content thanks to their monetary package. This also means we can proceed forward with a Twitter-sponsored Infinite World Circuit tournament. We would be able add the dates, locations, and notable players who would be attending as well as events included at the tournament.

With this monetary package, we can include two more characters, a first and third party, plus probably an echo or two as well as affiliated stages. Agreeing with this proposal will lead to us having to include this content though.

We could always explore other ways to get promotional partnerships with other companies other than Twitter should we decline but we would also lose the Twitter stage.

Please see the above poll to determine if we will proceed with this partnership or decline it.
Maaaan this is a tough choice

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I mean, having a Jack Dorsey costume might have some interesting implications but other than that I see no real problem

and even then, it wouldn't open the door to anything because it's a sponsorship

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Thinking logistically-it sounds really cool. We get to plan out a new tournament and possibly add more content to the game. On the other hand, Smash's reputation may take a hit, if we include sellout-y stuff like a LITERAL JACK DORSEY COSTUME.
Speaking of which, adding this content would open the floodgates for fourth parties and even real-world people to become Mii Costumes, at the very least. That doesn't sound too bad to me, but it may be something others wouldn't want.
I'll vote for "look for other options"-not as in "decline Twitter outright" but see if there's another possible agreement we could come too with Mr. Dorsey.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That’s the thing, are we going to sell out and add content from a bit corporation for a stage, the symbol, and content in order to get a tournament that has Twitter plastered everywhere and some content or do we try to reach out somewhere else for a partnership that’s more in our favor in terms of ... well.. not selling out.

Also, this could lead to Twitter “demanding” more content as they are now bankrolling portion of the project. We of course can decide to ultimately not include it but that could hurt us if we agree to this “enhanced” partnership.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'll vote for "look for other options"-not as in "decline Twitter outright" but see if there's another possible agreement we could come too with Mr. Dorsey.
When you put it that way, I'm kinda wishing there was a way to change your vote on the poll. Always make sure to think about your choices, kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom