• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will keep voting open for another 12 hours so please try to get your votes in on time.

While we wait for that...

Job #69: Please Submit an Item from Series that Doesn’t have an Item

There are some series that actually don’t have an item attached to them. This includes series like Final Fantasy, Sonic, Xenoblade, and our own Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven. Please submit an item from one of these series.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 69 (haha funny number): Shield Monitor (Sonic series)

the Shield Monitor is a classic Sonic item found in many games. In Smash, it functions much like the original game, you break it, and gain a shield. this shield will protect you from damage and knockback but will break if it takes damage. However in Smash, it can take multiple smaller hits before breaking. However very powerful moves will break it in one hit

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 69

Totem Of Undying (Minecraft)

This item is rare, but if you are holding it when you take damage that would normally KO you, restore your Percent to 0%, This doesn't work if you Die to a blast zone.

It's appearance resembles that of what happens when you drop an item on the ground in Minecraft, it is a 3d sprite just spinning in place.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #69
Syrup's Lamp (Wario Land)

This item can be thrown at enemies, and will damage them a little but not by much. Its true application is that once thrown it will create a little cloud that can be used as a platform. It is a soft platform and doesn't move, however the height of it varies. The platforms take quite a while to disappear (about 10 seconds) and up to 6 can be on screen at a time,

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
JOB NICE: ENDER PEARL (MINECRAFT)
1615675246845.png

The Ender Pearl, when it spawns, does what Minecraft items do and spins and floats in place. When picked up (manually), you can throw it. When it shatters (either from making contact with something or automatically after two seconds after being thrown), you appear in that exact position, continuing to do whatever you were doing. It’s an excellent mix-up option.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Boxing Gloves (PUNCH-OUT!)
(Imagine these, but without the branding)

When picked up by the user, they don green boxing gloves. All fist attacks they perform now do 1.2X damage and knockback, and give a satisfying SMACK sound
To avoid confusion, when Little Mac wears them, they become blue.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Items: Splash Potions (Minecraft)

These items pop around and when you grab them, you can throw it, creating some effects

Poison: delivers damage to the attacker (1 per second)
Damage: does 10% damage
Speed: increases speed by 50%
Strength: Increases attack by 50%
Jump: Increases jumping power by 50%
Wither: does 20% damage (2 per second)
Nausea: makes the opponents nauseous, reversing their controls
Regeneration: heals 20%
Absorption: reduces damage taken by 20%
Resistance: Increases defence by 50%
Fire Resistance: makes you immune to fire based attacks
Weakness: reduces attack damage by 50%
Slowness: reduces speed by 50%
Mining Fatigue: prevents anyone hit by it from using items

The effects last for 20 seconds expect for damage and regeneration, which happens instantly

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 69: Sword of Shadows (Dragon Quest)

The Sword of Shadows is an item that originates in Dragon Quest 11 after beating the game. The Sword of Shadows is a rare, one time use item. However, if used correctly, the fight may be in your favor. Swinging the sword without charging it deals no damage, causing it to break instantly. Swinging the sword after the first half of charging deals 25% damage. Swinging the sword after the second half of charging deals 50% damage. And finally, swinging the Sword of Shadows after charging the maximum amount deals a whopping 100% damage. Before you explain how it's too busted, there are some trade-offs:
1. You can't move while charging, making you very vulnerable to being attacked. Being attacked cancels the charge, by the way.
2. Like I said earlier in the post, the Sword of Shadows is a one time use item that breaks after using it.
3. You don't get launched when hit with the sword, only damage.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 69(nice)

Shock Bomb - Arms

The Shock Bomb from Arms is used in a variety of game modes, mostly the side modes IIRC. It would have a medium explosion range and stuns everyone in that range when it goes off. It can be set off by throwing it or taking enough damage that it explodes. The stun functions as a shield break and the items weight is that of an X-Bomb.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 69(nice)

Shock Bomb - Arms

The Shock Bomb from Arms is used in a variety of game modes, mostly the side modes IIRC. It would have a medium explosion range and stuns everyone in that range when it goes off. It can be set off by throwing it or taking enough damage that it explodes. The stun functions as a shield break and the items weight is that of an X-Bomb.
pretty sure we already added that...

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job 69: Calling Card

persona_5___calling_card_base_by_elmind-db6sdx3.png

The iconic card used by the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. While seemingly harmless, the card is actually an indicator which the Phantom Thieves use to, in Layman's terms, change an individual's heart. Similarly to the Gooey Bomb, the Calling Card can be thrown and if it hits another player, they will be hit by it. It can be transferred when attacking another player as well. After 10 seconds, a cut-in image of one of the Phantom Thieves as they target the character's cognitions from the sidelines and give them a random effect depending on which Phantom Thief attacked them.

Skull: A lot of raw and unbridled electric damage will be done being very powerful and KOing at early percents.

Panther: The opponent will have moderate damage done to them and will be set on fire dealing damage slowly over time.

Fox: An ice attack where the opponent will merely be frozen.

Queen: A powerful nuclear themed attack that will deal a set amount of 60% but only slightly flinching.

Noir: The opponent will have their controls inverted and will have their speed decreased.

Violet: She will appear on a more rare occasion than the other Phantom Thieves but if she appears, she will heal 15% off of the opponent and will heal them further a small amount over time. Perhaps if you have your own calling card sent back to you, you might just get a little lucky.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Please Submit an Item from Series that Doesn’t have an Item
Crab Grab (Game & Watch)

Appears as a 2D crab from the "Crab Grab" Game & Watch. After being thrown, it stays stuck to one spot and damages any opponents who touch it. An additional crab will appear on top of it every few seconds, increasing the hitbox. If an opponent is damaged by a crab the instant it appears, they receive additional damage.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Just realized I haven't voted yet

1. Resident Evil - I'm interested in a horror rep
2. Versus Series - Funny plant man
3. Darkstalkers - not a big fan of any other Capcom series, but I've been compelled to vote for this by a yellow robot with some sweet moves

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Series that hasn't yet had any item

LOLLIPOP

Lollipop is a consumable item originated from Bayonetta in which you could either bought them using Halos or using crystallized compounds as a concoction. each candy gives Bayonetta a specific stat boost and in Smash it will do the same with the effect trying closely match to the original.

When you pick up the candy it will immediately goes to the the mouth of each character, like this
pngfind.com-bayonetta-png-2840771.png
or like that Luka sketch over there but, you could still walk around and fight people and at the same time a colorful aura will appear around the consumer corresponding to each color of the lollipop. Here's the effect that they give:

Green Herb Lollipop - healing properties
Purple Magic Lollipop - easier dodging, increase speed
Bloody Rose Lollipop - increases attack power

Yellow Moon Lollipop - increase shield durability and spawn in a magical barrier around the consumer

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The results are in for which Capcom and this was really close; neck to neck at times but the final moments finally yielded a victor.

Ace Attorney @airConditioner 37

Monster Hunter Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 12

Resident Evil Jomosensual Jomosensual 38

Mega Man PeridotGX PeridotGX 12

Devil May Cry Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 25

Ghosts n Goblins Perkilator Perkilator 7

Ghost Trick Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2

Street Fighter @Smashing Ramen 6

Final Fight cashregister9 cashregister9 0

Sengoku Basara Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 1

Darkstalkers Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 8

Versus series Otoad64 Otoad64 2

Power Stone @GoodGrief741 5

Strider @chocolatejr 4

This was one of the closest that we have ever had so it was quite exiting to see unfold .In truth, many of the series could of been included as they are all quite iconic and important to gaming history but we had to choose one franchise and that one is Resident Evil. This will be the first survival-horror genre-based game and has several characters to draw from so let’s jump into that!

Job #70: Please submit a Resident Evil Newcomer

There are several char to choose from including our resident heroes, Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy and heroines, Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine. Or do we go the villain route and choose the nefarious Wesker, monstrous Tyrant, or the enigmatic HUNK. All I can say though are the results will be frightening.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #70
Jill Valentine

When someone says Resident Evil, who is the first character that comes to mind for you? Well, for me personally, it's Jill. Being one of the main characters from the first ever Resident Evil game (the other being Chris Redfield), she is more than deserving for her own spot in Smash. And there's no better place to confirm this take than to Capcom themselves, as she is the first ever Resident Evil character to be playable in a Marvel vs Capcom game, that game being Marvel vs Capcom 2. And coincidentally, that is the game where I first learned of the franchise myself. She even came back for Marvel vs Capcom 3, bringing along Chris with her.

You might ask now, why can't the protagonists just all be alternate costumes of each other? Well, not only are they entirely different in build, but they all have their own gameplay styles with different strong points. That combined with the fact that Jill is the Resident Evil protagonist that got featured in the most Resident Evil games makes a solo Jill character the best way to approach this in my opinion.

Her moveset can be filled to the brim with different references. Heck, she doesn't even need to use her gun, as there's tons of moveset potential within this character to be found. So vote for this lovely S.T.A.R.S. member will ya?

jill-jump.gif

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nemesis T-Type (or just Nemesis)

Bazooka? Check!
Superarmor? Check!
Crazy tendrils for tether grab? Check!
Super awesome bad guy? Double check!

Stalk around the battlefield with this hulking mass of muscle, meat, and insanity. Link’s bombs, whatever the proper pronunciation of Marth’s sword is, and even the holy relics wielded by the Belmont Bros are not enough to thwart this monstrosity. We need a baddie on the roster and we don’t have a horror baddie yet. He could also get an Alt that gives him a trench coat and hat!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can't speak much for this series since I'm not that familiar with it, but I firmly believe a horror rep should be a villain so my vote will go to a villain.

Also, important question: does a character sharing a name with a character already on the roster rule them out? Asking because well... my second most wanted is also called Jill, heh.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I can't speak much for this series since I'm not that familiar with it, but I firmly believe a horror rep should be a villain so my vote will go to a villain.

Also, important question: does a character sharing a name with a character already on the roster rule them out? Asking because well... my second most wanted is also called Jill, heh.
Good question. When I think about the Ryu/Ryu Hayabusa issue, I just assume they'd call him Hayabusa.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield is the main character from the 1st Resident Evil game and is apart of a police special forces unit known as S.T.A.R.S investigating The Spencer Mansion. He is pretty much has been involved in almost every incident in the series and probably singlehandedly carrying the storyline forward which makes him a very important figure in the series. He is known to for having the strength to even punch a boulder despite being a mere human which makes him a very unique character relying more on raw strength and resistance and pretty much makes him almost a heavyweight character probably on par with Ganondorf Smash-wise.​

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We ready have :ultroy2: and :ultroy: so I imagine it isn’t an issue. And yeah, if one character is called Ryu and the other is called Ryu Hayabusa, then I think it would be fine. Same if one character is called Jill Valentine and the other is called Jill.
Yeah, wouldn't be too hard - just call one "Jill Valentine" and the other "Jill & Drill Dozer".

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Item Submission: Pack of Cigarettes (MGS)

Grab this pack of cigarettes and take a puff. It will recover a small amount if health, increase your sired, and increases your perfect shield duration for 30 seconds. But it also severely weakens you after the effects wear off. This causes an increase in damage received, reduced launch resistance, and slower dodges for 20 seconds.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Item Submission: Pack of Cigarettes (MGS)

Grab this pack of cigarettes and take a puff. It will recover a small amount if health, increase your sired, and increases your perfect shield duration for 30 seconds. But it also severely weakens you after the effects wear off. This causes an increase in damage received, reduced launch resistance, and slower dodges for 20 seconds.
Does this have a chance to increase the age rating? Because I think this count as something something tobacco reference.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Job: #70
Leon S. Kennedy

First debuting in Resident Evil 2 and later returning as the main protagonist of Resident Evil 4, Leon is a staple character to the RE franchise. RE4 is commonly considered one of the most important games in the franchise as it was the first game to move away from the "tank controls" that defined the early titles. Of the RE protagonists, Leon is possibly the most popular and is the most commonly associated with Nintendo given that RE4 was originally a GameCube exclusive.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Homestly, RE winning kinda makes me less worried that the winners of our third-party votes would be colored too much by the current speculation climate
Agreed. SSBU X RE getting revealed at the game awards sounds like a thing that would actually happen. Most of the characters chosen so far feel like we read off a wish list. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it's nice to deviate a bit.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 70

Ethan Winters

Ethan is the protagonist of Resident Evil VII and Village, he was just a normal guy who was affected by the dangerous fungus released in the Dulvey Incident by the Baker family. and is the protagonist in the currently unreleased Resident Evil Village. Ethan would be different than the other protagonists as he has no formal combat training and is just a System Engineer so his gameplay would be more survival and trick based than some of the other characters.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 70

Claire Redfield

Claire is considered one of the big 4 protags from the Resident Evil series along with the already nommed Leon and Jill, plus her brother Chris. Being the main protag in RE2 and a well known figure in the series, she should at least be in the running for the series first playable character in Smash

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Personally, I’d prefer if we just voted on singular characters and discussed alts/echoes later. I feel like having Jill, Jill/Chris, and Jill/Chris/Leon/Claire all as voting options would be a little tacky.
Yeah I'm personally way more into the idea of doing one solo slot and then deciding on if they have other people as alts later.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Personally, I’d prefer if we just voted on singular characters and discussed alts/echoes later. I feel like having Jill, Jill/Chris, and Jill/Chris/Leon/Claire all as voting options would be a little tacky.
Yeah I'm personally way more into the idea of doing one solo slot and then deciding on if they have other people as alts later.
Okay, I wasn't exactly sure what the threads thoughts on this was, I will change the submission.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Agreed. Even then, they do not share the same height nor body type, heck the shape of their faces isn't even the same. I personally believe this isn't really realistically feasible in the first place.

Pic for reference.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Agreed. Even then, they do not share the same height nor body type, heck the shape of their faces isn't even the same. I personally believe this isn't really realistically feasible in the first place.

Pic for reference.
Eh, we got the Koopalings as alts. I don't think Smash cares TOO much about that kind of thing.

Though I would suggest we put it up for vote, just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom