• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I'd assume they just refer to it as "Vs Capcom" or something. And technically Marvel is far from the only thing they crossed over with. The likes of Tatsunoku and SNK also had their own VS Capcom fighters. It's pretty much it's own subset.
The Vs. Capcom series is just simply known as Versus. or Versus series.

Though still, something needs to be said. Getting any kind of Marvel or Tatsunoko content in Smash seems very unrealistic....

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
From what I remember there's like only 2 OC in the game, SonSon doesn't count because she's a descendant of SonSon from the game, SonSon.
ok "many" is a huge overstatement, but there are other series with about as many options
The Vs. Capcom series is just simply known as Versus. or Versus series.

Though still, something needs to be said. Getting any kind of Marvel or Tatsunoko content in Smash seems very unrealistic....
I'm assuming Capcom owns the original content though

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Does Xiaomu and Reiji count as a Bamco character or Capcom?
Bandai Namco, since they first appeared in Namco X Capcom, which is a Bandai Namco-produced game.

Tip: If Capcom is crossing over with another gaming company and the title starts with Capcom, it's made by Capcom. If it starts with the other company, it's made by them. This applies to Street Fighter x Tekken, both Capcom vs SNK and SNK vs Capcom series and Namco x Capcom. Though obviously, as they are not gaming companies, this doesn't apply to Tatsunoko and Marvel.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
New Capcom Series
Strider_Logo.png

Strider is a series of action platformers released back in the arcade/NES era. Although jointly owned with manga artist group Moto Kikaku, the series is most well known for its various appearances in games produced by Capcom, be it Marvel vs. Capcom or Project X Zone. Most recently, the series was implied to be set within the Street Fighter universe via the character Zeku. The games have a lot of emphasis on action, which would be a perfect fit for a game like Smash.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
alright, here's my new idea

Job 68: Marvel VS Capcom

now, I know what you're thinking, MvC is a crossover game! But if you remember in MvC2, they introduced a couple original fighters. Now I'm not sure how this would go over legal wise, perhaps we would have to exclusively refer to the series as "MvC" or "VS Capcom" to avoid Disney, but I think it'd be cool, and it would be a way to represent the prolific VS Capcom games
Capcom Franchise: Power Stone

Power Stone is one of Capcom's many, many fighting game franchises, but with a twist: Power Stone is a 3D fighter. However, rather than being your typical Tekken or arena fighter, Power Stone is more of a party game, with 4-way battles (in the sequel) and an emphasis on item use. It's kind of like the Smash Bros. of 3D fighters! With a diverse cast of colorful characters, Power Stone would make for an interesting inclusion.
New Capcom Series
View attachment 306976

Strider is a series of action platformers released back in the arcade/NES era. Although jointly owned with manga artist group Moto Kikaku, the series is most well known for its various appearances in games produced by Capcom, be it Marvel vs. Capcom or Project X Zone. Most recently, the series was implied to be set within the Street Fighter universe via the character Zeku. The games have a lot of emphasis on action, which would be a perfect fit for a game like Smash.
these submissions are starting to dip into some real based territory ngl

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In regards to Versus content, it would defeat the purpose to use it to bring in Marvel and Tatsunoko content. I wouldn’t mind it if it was content that doesn’t consist of character representation but, currently, we are still only including video game character representatives.

Ruby Heart, SonSon, and Amingo are fair game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So as before, we will be doing Ranked Voting so please vote for your top 3 franchise picks for a newcomer to choose. Please do keep in mind that this character from one of these franchises will be shown off at the Game Awards Show. Please avoid voting for your own.

Ace Attorney airConditioner airConditioner
Monster Hunter Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Resident Evil Jomosensual Jomosensual
Mega Man PeridotGX PeridotGX
Devil May Cry Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Ghosts n Goblins Perkilator Perkilator
Ghost Trick Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Street Fighter Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Final Fight cashregister9 cashregister9
Sengoku Basara Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Darkstalkers Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
Versus series Otoad64 Otoad64
Power Stone GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Strider @chocolatejr

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Resident Evil: I used to be a lot less enthusiastic towards the series, but I’ve grown more and more attached to the idea. Objectively speaking, it’s Capcom’s most successful series and it would represent a genre that is currently absent from Smash. I also think that it would bring about an interesting discussion regarding characters between Jill, Leon, Chris, Wesker, Nemesis, there are a lot of great options.

2. Devil May Cry: Dante is easily one of Capcom’s most popular characters. Even though DMC isn’t huge like RE and MH, and lacks a strong connection to Nintendo, I still believe that Dante has enough of a legacy to warrant an inclusion in Smash.

3. Street Fighter: Yeah we already got Ryu and Ken, but that’s only scratching the surface of what SF has to offer.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
1. Resident Evil
2. Devil May Cry
3. Strider

These are all Franchises I think could both work really well in Smash and deserve their place in a VGA reveal.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Resident Evil: Totally a series deserving a spot light in Smash. It’s one of Capcom’s most major franchises and huge both in Japan and the West. In all honesty, it seems like a when rather than if for the series in Smash’s future.
2. Darkstalkers: we got mr crossover in so why not the miss? Though there are other great DD characters like Demitri and Jon to add as well. Darkstalkers may not be currently a series that has a lot going for it but the legacy it left on the FGC can’t be denied. It was and still remains huge and I feel adding a rep in Smash speaks to that influence it still has.
3. For my main boys X and Zero. They would be a 1 but I don’t think either are really VGA material.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Resident Evil
2. Devil May Cry
3. Ace Attorney

I'd love to vote for something like Darkstalkers or Power Stone but unfortunately this is one of these times where you must put your bias aside 😔

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
  1. Resident Evil: Resident Evil is extremely important. It's basically the grandad of survival horror and is the best selling series Capcom has. It managed to define and redefine the survival horror genre THREE TIMES (with the first, the fourth, and the seventh games of the series) and is still widely popular. I'm not telling people they have to vote this, but it baffles me how some people didn't even vote this with a 1-pointer.
  2. Ace Attorney: I object to this series not getting in smash
  3. Ghosts n Goblins: Mainly voting in hopes of Arthur having a skin where he's just in his underwear

I do agree we should have more fighting game characters, but we already have 2 Street Fighters, yeah Chun-Lee is iconic but she shouldn't get in over someone like Scorpion for example. And Darkstalkers is cool, but I just don't see why it should get a spot. I'd be perfectly down for a Mii Costume and even assist trophy from this series, but I don't think it should get a fighter, especially over the other Capcom series that are currently competing. I will say, I'd be down for them to get in as DLC.

Didn't vote Devil May Cry because it's a hack and slash, and I'm still scared from the last time we got a hack and slash character :4bayonetta:

Mega Man should get a new series rep, maybe even in base roster, but I don't think VGA would be a good time to reveal them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom