• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here is my updated submission.

Job 70

Ethan Winters

Ethan is the protagonist of Resident Evil VII and Village, he was just a normal guy who was affected by the dangerous fungus released in the Dulvey Incident by the Baker family. and is the protagonist in the currently unreleased Resident Evil Village. Ethan would be different than the other protagonists as he has no formal combat training and is just a System Engineer so his gameplay would be more survival and trick based than some of the other characters.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Final RH spirits for now, before we completely move on to Resident Evil

On the topic of RE protag alts, while I'm not inherently opposed to it, these just don't seem to be suitable characters for it since the male characters are taller than the female characters. I don't see them being able to share a hurtbox.

Onion.png
Potato.png
Rappish.png
Hair Vegetables (Rhythm Tengoku)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Grab
Effect: Mr. Saturn Equipped, 1 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Daisy (Green)
  • Stage: Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Music Track: Game Select
  • Match: Stock (3)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors down special, Certain items appear in large numbers (Grass)
Lumbercats_2.png
Lumbercats (Rhythm Heaven Megamix) (Side Note: Would have included Woodcutter bear, but no official art)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Grab, 3 Slots
Effect: Battering Items Power ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Incineroar (Yellow, Blue, Purple)
  • Stage: Minecraft World (Tundra)
  • Music Track: Ninja Bodyguard
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy loves to taunt

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Agreed. Even then, they do not share the same height nor body type, heck the shape of their faces isn't even the same. I personally believe this isn't really realistically feasible in the first place.
I’m honestly not entirely opposed to having the various protagonists as alts/echoes of each other (in fact, my preference would be to have Jill with a Leon echo). I just feel that it’s something we should discuss afterwards, so that our submissions aren’t cluttered with different combinations of the same characters.

For example, if Jill wins, we could have a poll that asks whether or not she should have alts of the other protags, an echo of another protag, or neither, then go from there. Obviously, this is just my opinion, but I feel that this would be a good way to gauge everyone’s interests without overcomplicating things.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I’m honestly not entirely opposed to having the various protagonists as alts/echoes of each other (in fact, my preference would be to have Jill with a Leon echo). I just feel that it’s something we should discuss afterwards, so that our submissions aren’t cluttered with different combinations of the same characters.

For example, if Jill wins, we could have a poll that asks whether or not she should have alts of the other protags, an echo of another protag, or neither, then go from there. Obviously, this is just my opinion, but I feel that this would be a good way to gauge everyone’s interests without overcomplicating things.
Personally not a big fan of the idea of making them alts, as their body sizes and shapes are significantly different from each other. Hero, the FE characters and the Koopalings worked because they have similar enough models and no difference in body height at all to not warrant any clippings or other difficulties when rigging the models. However, that clearly isn't the case here. Also, if we're making them all alts, then there's no way for each of those characters to make their personalities shine. They will all share the same moves, the same taunts and most victory animations. This isn't really a problem with Hero, as they're all blank slates anyway, and the FE characters, who are just the same characters but just a different gender. I just want Jill to act as Jill you know?

Echoes however are fair game of course. They're different enough from alts and can obviously get modified for these certain instances. They all get different taunts and victory animations and in some instances different moves.

I would basically prefer if we prioritize quality here, instead of quantity for once. Though now that I was able to explain my stance on this, yes, I'm all for the vote.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job 70: Jill Valentine
Jill Valentine.png
The protagonist of the first and third main games and their respective remakes, Jill Valantine Takes Up Residence! Her moveset would be based on the first 3 games on the PS1, with a bit of MvC sprinkled in for good measure.

EDIT: Ignore this.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Personally not a big fan of the idea of making them alts, as their body sizes and shapes are significantly different from each other. Hero, the FE characters and the Koopalings worked because they have similar enough models and no difference in body height at all to not warrant any clippings or other difficulties when rigging the models. However, that clearly isn't the case here. Also, if we're making them all alts, then there's no way for each of those characters to make their personalities shine. They will all share the same moves, the same taunts and most victory animations. This isn't really a problem with Hero, as they're all blank slates anyway, and the FE characters, who are just the same characters but just a different gender. I just want Jill to act as Jill you know?
These are pretty much my exact feelings, especially in regards to each character sharing the same taunts and victory animations. I think that maybe you could get the body size and proportions to match, but having each character showcase the same personality through their taunts and animations would be my main issue.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please vote for your top three items! We will be including the submissions that take first, second, and third place. Ranked Voting is active.

Shield Monitor (Sonic) Otoad64 Otoad64
Totem of Undying (Minecraft) cashregister9 cashregister9
Syrup’s Lamp (Wario) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Ender Pearl (Minecraft) PeridotGX PeridotGX
Boxing Gloves (Punch Out!!) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Splash Potions (Minecraft) BowserKing BowserKing
Phoenix Down (Final Fantasy) Perkilator Perkilator
Sword of Shadows (Dragon Quest) Yiptap Yiptap
Calling Card (Persona) Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Crab Grab (Wario) Paraster Paraster
Lollipop (Bayonetta) Commander_Alph Commander_Alph

My pack of cigarettes submission was more of a joke than a serious inclusion so I decided to not include it.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Syrup’s Lamp: Sounds like a really neat and original item. Also, any Wario Land representation is fine with me.

2. Ender Pearl: The ideal Minecraft item, in my opinion. It’s simple, yet very unique and would definitely spice up your average casual match.

3. Calling Card: As a P5 weeb, I just really appreciate all of the references. It’s randomized effects could lead to some really funny shenanigans.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Ender Pearl
2. Calling Card
3. Lollipop

This job had some fantastic submissions, it was hard to choose.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Ender Pearl
2. Sword of Shadows
3. Syrup's Lamp
Voted according to how fun they would be and how balanced they were.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As for the RE discussion, I’m leaning to keeping alts gender based. Even Chris and Leon have different body types so it probably work well.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I totally forgot something important. We never made a reveal trailer for Barista! Would someone be able to submit a reveal trailer for Barista?

There’s not much of a criteria but one recommended approach is to incorporate the following:

A) The Smash Invitation
b) The Rhythm Heaven cast trying to grab said invitation only for Barista to get it

First come, first serve. Please wait before I give you the ok to write it up. That way we don’t accidentally have more than one person write the reveal trailet

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
So I totally forgot something important. We never made a reveal trailer for Barista! Would someone be able to submit a reveal trailer for Barista?

There’s not much of a criteria but one recommended approach is to incorporate the following:

A) The Smash Invitation
b) The Rhythm Heaven cast trying to grab said invitation only for Barista to get it

First come, first serve. Please wait before I give you the ok to write it up. That way we don’t accidentally have more than one person write the reveal trailet
I would like to write it Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know why, but the current poll makes me think Future Nintendo is feeling a little generous to us, and are considering letting us add whoever we want. That's probably not what's gonna happen, though...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
MY NEW SUBMISSION!!

Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield is the main character from the 1st Resident Evil game and is apart of a police special forces unit known as S.T.A.R.S investigating The Spencer Mansion. He is pretty much has been involved in almost every incident in the series and probably singlehandedly carrying the storyline forward which makes him a very important figure in the series. He is known to for having the strength to even punch a boulder despite being a mere human which makes him a very unique character relying more on raw strength and resistance and pretty much makes him almost a heavyweight character probably on par with Ganondorf Smash-wise.​

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s about time for us to vote for our favorite RE representative newcomer. Please try to keep both iconicness, uniqueness, and moveset potential in mind. It wouldn’t hurt to brush up on the RE Wikia if you’re not sure what you are voting for.

We will be including Ranked Voting and please vote for your top 2. First choice gets two points while your second and last choice gets one point.

Jill Valentine Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
Nemesis T-Tyrant Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Chris Redfield Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Leon S. Kennedy Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
Ethan Winters cashregister9 cashregister9
Claire Redfield Jomosensual Jomosensual

Also, I decided to end the item voting early so here are the items! We are accepting the top 3!

Shield Monitor (Sonic) Otoad64 Otoad64 14
Totem of Undying (Minecraft) cashregister9 cashregister9 7
Syrup’s Lamp (Wario) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 9
Ender Pearl (Minecraft) PeridotGX PeridotGX 33
Boxing Gloves (Punch Out!!) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 2
Splash Potions (Minecraft) BowserKing BowserKing 8
Phoenix Down (Final Fantasy) Perkilator Perkilator 1
Sword of Shadows (Dragon Quest) Yiptap Yiptap 2
Calling Card (Persona) Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide 8
Crab Grab (Game & Watch) Paraster Paraster 7
Lollipop (Bayonetta) Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 13

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Leon
2. Jill

As much as I’d love Nemesis (and Wesker. How the heck did he not get submitted), I do feel that our first RE character should be a protagonist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom