• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A villain inclusion would have to make sense obviously first and foremost. Pyramid Head, Fulgore, Freddy, and maybe…WoW? Still, it’s debateable if those series could actually fit. I’ve made a case for Pyramid Head and my desire to see his inclusion in Smash not for the content but for his brutal, superarmor galore moveset potential.

I don’t think a villain prompt would work as well as one may think hence I was just musing on it. I think the quality of submissions wouldn’t be the best. That being said, I would like to see a Sephiroth situation unfold though at some point.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Bowser before Mario would make total sense assuming the hypothetical game already has a shoto. I can't really imagine Mario playing as anything other than the starter character, would probably be best to skip straight to DK, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, e.t.c. if Sonic or Astro Bot or whoever is already taking the role of starter character.
I don't think we are talking about functions here but representation, unless the game has X particular theme (like for example Skylanders that it has monster so the guests from Mario are Bowser and Donkey Kong if I remind correctly) the first option would be the protagonist or if A) There is no main character or B) the main character doesn't have too much of moveset potential then the second option in hand would be the most popular/representative character.

A villain inclusion would have to make sense obviously first and foremost. Pyramid Head, Fulgore, Freddy, and maybe…WoW? Still, it’s debateable if those series could actually fit. I’ve made a case for Pyramid Head and my desire to see his inclusion in Smash not for the content but for his brutal, superarmor galore moveset potential.

I don’t think a villain prompt would work as well as one may think hence I was just musing on it. I think the quality of submissions wouldn’t be the best. That being said, I would like to see a Sephiroth situation unfold though at some point.
Maybe fits more for the next season, that and the 2nd third party rep would be my options for that.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think we are talking about functions here but representation, unless the game has X particular theme (like for example Skylanders that it has monster so the guests from Mario are Bowser and Donkey Kong if I remind correctly) the first option would be the protagonist or if A) There is no main character or B) the main character doesn't have too much of moveset potential then the second option in hand would be the most popular/representative character.
I only really think in functions personally, so that's what a lot of my picks are chosen based on. There are admittedly some side-over-protag picks I'd find awkward (I'm more interested in getting Ripper Roo or Dingodile in Smash, but I can't deny they'd be really weird and a bad idea without Crash just because of their lower brand recognition and inconsistent appearances), but Bowser isn't one of them. He's equally as iconic + popular as Mario, a major part of the platformers; and from a series known for giving players the choice to play as specific characters - especially in multiplayer titles like Smash - and having spotlight-driven spin-offs. Wario or Yoshi could be a little strange just on virtue of the prior being directly tied to Mario's existence and the latter's own starring roles being a mixed bag, but DK; Luigi; Peach; and Bowser would all make total sense to me without Mario.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a Spirit Event Theme

We will be jumping back into Spirit Events and with a submission round where we submit a theme of which we will submit old Spirits for. While slightly boring, there won't be any new Spirits for this event. Please submit the Spirit Theme name and a description.

Submit a Your Main for an Online Tournament

In addition to the above job, we will also be running an online tournament titled "The Main Event!" The selectable characters will be our Infinite mains. Just simply post who your main is! If you don't have a main that is a new character in Infinite, you can choose yours from Ultimate. DLC characters are not selectable.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm a main Terry in Ultimate, and because DLCs aren't avalaible to pick Sol I will stick with him, but if I can choose a second/pocket, that would be either Iori or Galacta Knight.

The theme for the spirit board looking that this would be just after Sol's release can be a Fighting event with spirits from other Fighting Game series like Street Fighter, The King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Tekken, SoulCalibur, etc.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel that based on our vote tally that we have had enough votes. We will be commencing with the results. Thank you to everyone who submitted content.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Dhalsim01 (2)13
Rock Howard2 (6)1 (2)19
Yugo Ogami01 (2)13
Kula Diamond03 (6)06
Kuma02 (4)15
Zetterburn01 (2)24
Neco-arc3 (9)0211
Scorpion3 (9)0211
Mr. Meat3 (9)099
Fillia1 (3)1 (2)15
Temjin01 (2)02

Well, it appears we have a two way tie between Scorpion and Neco-arc! We will be conducting a poll at the top of the thread to decide which one to go with. Please make sure to vote so we know who to include.

Next, we will move ahead and do voting for the Spirit Events! We have...

Main: Duck Hunt

Spirit theme: Inanimate Objects
I'm a main Terry in Ultimate, and because DLCs aren't avalaible to pick Sol I will stick with him, but if I can choose a second/pocket, that would be either Iori or Galacta Knight.

The theme for the spirit board looking that this would be just after Sol's release can be a Fighting event with spirits from other Fighting Game series like Street Fighter, The King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Tekken, SoulCalibur, etc.
All the new characters suck, there's no Geno. I'm sticking with Steve. I'll secondary Reimu for the matchup coverage though.

Spirit Theme: Wheels
Main: Kazuya

Spirit Theme: Redemption
Main: Kazuya

Theme: 90's Platformers
Main: Wolf

Theme: Indie games (if that was not done yet)
Theme: Hungry
Are you hungry for Smash! Grab these hungry Spirits and get your fill!

Main: Iori
Main: R.O.B.

Spirit theme: Arcade Game characters

The spirits are based on Arcade game characters.
  • Fighting Characters
  • 90's Platformers
  • Wheels
  • Inanimate Objects
  • Redemption
  • Arcade Games
  • Indie Games
  • Hungry

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

We will continue to allow mains to be submitted for our Online Tournament

Current Mains submitted:

1. Duck Hunt
  2. Terry
  3. Pyra/Mythra
  4. Steve
  5. Kazuya
  6. Sora
  7. Ashley
  8. Iori
  9. Wolf
  10. R.O.B.
  11. Cloud

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
DLC Alternate Costumes: Steve, Kazuya, and Sora

We will be finishing up our costumes with submissions for Steve, Kazuya, and Sora. I intend to go back and gather all of our costumes up at a later date and compile information regarding them. When you submit, please indicate any potential sources, what color slot it occupies, and any particular information on this swap. Please submit one swap per character.

Steve
Steve will have four alts composed of:
1 for Steve
1 for Alex
1 based on a humanoid enemy (zombie)
1 based on a humanoid enemy OR NPC (enderman)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SKINS MUST BE FROM MINECRAFT ONLY. NO TIE-IN COSTUMES FROM OTHER FRANCHISES

Kazuya
Kazuya will have four colors; two for each alt (shirtless and suit)

Sora
Sora will have one new color swap for his original costume, KHII costume, DDD, and KHIII. This will give Sora two colors per costume instead of just one. This totals to four new colors; one for each alt costume.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Steve:
1652460075894.png

Rana (Alex)
A skin based on a passive mob that was in Indev 0.31 of the Java Edition of Minecraft as a test. In Smash, Alex will gain an outfit based on this mob, complete with a frog hat, red hair, a pink backpack, a green jacket and green shoes.

Kazuya:
1652460190372.png

Heihachi Mishima (Orange Suit)
A skin based on the T7 appearance of Heihachi Mishima. Kazuya's suit will become a bright orange with a black shirt and a gold tie.

Sora:
1652460443910.png

Anti-Sora (KH1)
A Dark Link-style alternate costume, Anti-Sora is a lookalike created by Riku in Neverland to hinder his progress. Ever since his debut as a boss, it has reappeared as Shadow Sora, an alternate Drive Form that he can access in Dream Drop Distance.

Last edited:
Steve alt.
Piglin (Enemy)

1652461131359.png

The alt would be based on Piglin from Minecraft, an enemy coming from Nether (Another hell-like dimension in Minecraft).
This alt would be similar to Zombie and Enderman, which they are both enemies from game.

Kazuya alt.
Brown (Kuma) (Alt for suit)

1652460780578.png

Kazuya's whole suit (Shirt and Pants) becomes brown like Kuma's fur and his hair becomes brown.

Sora alt.
Kairi (Pink) (KH1 alt)

1652460623802.png

Sora's jumpsuit becomes pink alongside his hoodie (It has black accents on it) and his shoes become black. His hair is auburn red.

Attachments

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I just wanna do a Pokeyman from Legends: Arseus.

Okay don't get me wrong I am the Shin Megami Poopoo guy first and foremost but I've been obsessed with Arceus lately and also the thought of a Pokemon being the final fighter in a hypothetical alternate universe puts a devilish poo eating grin on my face.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just wanna do a Pokeyman from Legends: Arseus.

Okay don't get me wrong I am the Shin Megami Poopoo guy first and foremost but I've been obsessed with Arceus lately and also the thought of a Pokemon being the final fighter in a hypothetical alternate universe puts a devilish poo eating grin on my face.
While adding another Pokémon as a final fighter makes Mew so the poo eating grin too, I do want to remind that the season 2 dlc will be reordered. For sure we will be moving Ratchet from fighter #1 in this season.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
Voted for Scorpion since there are a bunch of cool MK characters we could add instead of him. Similar situation to Heihachi and Kazuya
Oh yeah also, my main is Marin.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I voted for Neco because I love Melty Blood and unlike MK, there is too little chances to put Tsukihime-related content here (unless Saber wins one job in the future).

I dont even like Neco-Arc, is just my huge Type-Moon bias talking 🗿

And talking about Scorpion, well I think Sub-Zero would be more interesing because there are not too much ice users. But even then I think that even if Scorpion getting a Mii wouldnt mean the disconfirmation of MK will truly be weird, Heihachi was fine since it was a costume before, but here is a Brand New one.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I really like the idea of:

Suit Steve
Athletic Alex
Piglin
Skeleton

They seemingly fit well with their source material but also as a group. We will be going with this while also including:

Yellow Sora for KHI costume
Dark Sora for KHII costume
Kairi for DDD Sora
And one we have yet to submit for KHIII Sora

As for Kazuya, I’m iffy on the Link and Geese as I do want to focus on Tekken only references one but one for Orange and brown Kuma suit could work well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom