• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd say I'm game for a 1st party pick to round a part of this 2nd Pass.

On the other hand, I'm going to say something so controversial yet so brave: a Mobile game rep. Say what you will about mobile games today, but they're still one of the biggest platforms in the games industry, for better or worse. And since Nintendo has dipped its feet into the mobile game pool, you could say that mobile is another Nintendo platform, and the only one not directly made by Nintendo. At least, until the day they decide to make their own PC Client app sometime in the future. But who exactly could join? Well, there's a lot: Red from Angry Birds is no doubt a major player. Say what you will of it today, Angry Birds was no doubt a cultural mega-titan back in the day, garnering about 300 million players a decade ago, and they even have had major collaborations with IPs such as Star Wars, Transformers and Rio.

As for Nintendo themselves? Super Mario Run was one of their biggest mobile games, right behind Fire Emblem Heroes, as the former, like Angry Birds, garnered 300 million players worldwide. Speaking of FEH, it's also their highest-grossing mobile title, with $929.6M in revenue. And although it shuts down service in two months, Dragalia Lost was a popular original IP mobile title made in collaboration with CyGames that Nintendo owns the copyrights to, so that's eligible (Even if Euden is an Assist Trophy, we could pull an Aegis and put Notte in the game instead provided we go that route). So in short? Mobile games have a big enough following and garnered enough of a hoard that it's a surprise they don't have a playable rep in Smash yet.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok in general I would like a job that would bring the opportunity for a character that wouldn't have one in a more general job, I mean for example, a character like Momohime (for name someone) would have more opportunites in a job for a Vanillaware character than for a Hack n' Slash character. (Not necessary I want her, just an example) Thought it wouldn't be bad.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have one more third party to add. Our final “submission” will be a Ninty character. This should be after (hopefully) Nintendo’s E3 replacement.

The general concept I had was a western submission.

That being said, we don’t have a girl fighter in this season so I was potentially considering focusing on that. We also are lacking a platform we/indie/Mona rep.

Ratchet sort of covers the entire FPS genre with the ability to swap between weapons so I feel we should wait until season 3 to reintroduce this concept. Heavy, though, would sort of fit though given his connection to Sasha.

I also would love for us to add a newcomer from either DQ, Persona, Tekken, Mega Man, Minecraft, or Kingdom Hearts like how Sephiroth was added or possibly a villain repping a series instead of the hero.

D

Deleted member

I'm feeling western or unrepped genre. Another female fighter would be nice but we did that round last pass and there's a string chance our first party could be Ring Fit Trainee or something.

The second rep job is something I'm really interested in for next pass.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Don't we have an alternative in Junko? She was the one who made Monokuma in the first place and she's also the overarching villain of the entire franchise, right? I feel like Danganronpa is in this "Aegis/Min Min" situation where we can't add Monokuma, so we could go for the next-best alternative.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
That's true but if we can't add Monokuma then I consider the protagonists a better option than Junko, not too much because I don't like her but more because you known, something in her appearence that would be weird if we cut off but that also would bring her some problems.....

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm down for female character but not villain unless it makes sense to pick them over a player character. Monokuma would be that, he's the mascot, but as I've said before

You don't put in Bowser before Mario. Just putting in someone not as important because "hurr durr protag too easy." Smash has never done this before, and we've already stretched the rules plenty.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Looking that this was a thing before. You can call it my "wishlist" based on what possible jobs would be next, honestly I don't known who add for the first party mostly because my only wanted one (Noah/Mio) wouldn't have a physical source until July. The characters around saber are my other elections.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
You don't put in Bowser before Mario. Just putting in someone not as important because "hurr durr protag too easy." Smash has never done this before, and we've already stretched the rules plenty.
I have the same mind, but even then, Monokuma isn't like Bowser, if you say Mario to someone he of course would think first in Mario, but if you say Danganronpa (especially for people who doesn't known too much) would think more in the monochromatic bear (or in Nagito if they looked a meme before).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I have the same mind, but even then, Monokuma isn't like Bowser, if you say Mario to someone he of course would think first in Mario, but if you say Danganronpa (especially for people who doesn't known too much) would think more in the monochromatic bear (or in Nagito if they looked a meme before).
My point is that picking the villain when the hero is perfectly viable just because "it's unexpected/different" shouldn't be a ground for a character choice.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I honestly don't find it unexpectable, even I that I want more Makoto and the band instead of Monokuma knows that there are more chances for him than the protags, mostly because his moveset is easier to do.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's a completely different thing if/when a villain is a series mascot (Jack Frost/Monokuma/Slime) as opposed to being chosen instead of the hero (Sephiroth before Cloud/Ridley before Samus/etc), that's what I'm getting at.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Bowser before Mario would make total sense assuming the hypothetical game already has a shoto. I can't really imagine Mario playing as anything other than the starter character (at least without a painfully elaborate tacked-on Power-Up gimmick), would probably be best to skip straight to DK, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, e.t.c. if Sonic or Astro Bot or whoever is already taking the role of starter character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom