• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
More Nintendo characters.
Like a new Pokémon rep since Gen 9 is coming in 7 months. But I think Corviknight would be the best fit.
Also a Metroid rep
A Star Fox rep
An Animal Crossing rep
A Pikmin rep
That is my main idea

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my thoughts:

1) Ratchet

2) Lloyd

3) Captain Toad: Granted, we do have two Mario newcomers but considering how big the series is and our options, I feel Captain Toad to be one of our better options. We could also tie in a job where we make a sequel to Treasure Tracker. That being said, I also support Ring Fit Adventurer or the Nintendo Athletes. That former really interests me based on the idea is there alts would be the different athletes in the games. I feel we should add a Scarlet and Crimson rep and a XBC3 rep but we can wait for that until next season. I am also not against adding our Three Hopes new character in as well. Tom Nook would also be a fun addition I feel like a stage based off, hmmm.....Amiibo Festival lol. Captain Toad would be a perfect Nintedo Direct reveal.

4) Scorpion: While I had initially thought of Fulgore (and considering my love for that series), Scorpion is a far more interesting pick due to MK's legacy and history and the wealth of content MK could bring to Smash. Plus, Scorpion adds a gritty feel to the game. I do feel its possible to tone down the character and make it even tongue in cheek (X-ray attacks which has Scorpion doing attacks that shows what's inside the opponent's body). I am still down to include Fulgore within this capacity but this, to me, is far more enticing. Scorpion would be pretty hype and even a character we could show off at EVO or E3.

5) If Ratchet is something that goes off an entirely different direction, Lloyd satisfying old hopes since Brawl, Captain Toad bolstering Nintendo's history, and Scorpion bringing forth a legacy IP with a lot of hype, this fourth character is one I feel like would be our "they actually did that?" reaction. That character would be the Adventurer from Genshin Impact. Considering Genshin is a huge series now that’s constantly expanding, it would make sense - especially if we have it ported to Nintendo. There’s tons of content to choose from that would fit well in Smash.

Of course a first party game could also be in, and I think someone from Metroid would be cool, like Raven Beak. XC3 is also in the way, but I think it would be better to wait to the release of the game.

Elden Ring gives once again more recognition to From Software, not matter if is the Elden Ring avatar (I don't known their name), Sekiro, the Hunter, any of the Dark Souls avatar (most likely the first one, the Chosen Undead) or even Artorias or Solaire are good picks.
While Raven Beak isn't disqualified, having a second Dread stage in the game would certainly raise eyebrows seeing as we had one in the launch version. I know FF7 has two stages but that is a different situation considering FF7's appeal and legacy. As for FromSoftware, Hunter is from Bloodborne and, as mentioned in the Sony job, we are only allowing one Sony rep to be included. That being said, Lloyd is our Namco rep so another one for this season isn't viable. As much as I would like Chosen Undead or Tarnished One, we can't go that route.

More Nintendo characters.
Like a new Pokémon rep since Gen 9 is coming in 7 months. But I think Corviknight would be the best fit.
Also a Metroid rep
A Star Fox rep
An Animal Crossing rep
A Pikmin rep
That is my main idea
A lot of the content that would technically fit has already been made ineligible within those series you listed due to Mii Costumes, Assists, etc. It also draws into question what sort of content we could include into a potential dlc pack without double dipping into games. Metroid I could see with a Prime 3 theme but, even then, who would fit as a represented fighter without “scrapping on the bottom of the barrel”. What about Spirits and Music? We’ve included a lot of this stuff earlier so really adding more wouldn’t be that exciting.

Another thing that comes to mind is we so focus on including a character that we fail to look at what we can include along with it. Based on past dlc jobs, usually the person who submits that character tends to add content while others sit out on submission due to lacking knowledge about that character. I want to increase involvement and interest; not drive others away. Case in point, Lloyd was the most voted but only a few people submitted content which leads me to think that people voted for Lloyd as they felt that was the most likely outcome but didn’t think about how engaging submissions could be for that character. Obviously that’s hard to gauge what characters and franchises people know before voting.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
5) If Ratchet is something that goes off an entirely different direction, Lloyd satisfying old hopes since Brawl, Captain Toad bolstering Nintendo's history, and Scorpion bringing forth a legacy IP with a lot of hype, this fourth character is one I feel like would be our "they actually did that?" reaction. That character would be the Adventurer from Genshin Impact. Considering Genshin is a huge series now that’s constantly expanding, it would make sense - especially if we have it ported to Nintendo. There’s tons of content to choose from that would fit well in Smash.
I'm not against that idea but I don't think it's a good character to finish de pass considering they aren't requested, apart of that I know that in a big part of the comunity they will be seen as underwhelming because it's genshin impact

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm not against that idea but I don't think it's a good character to finish de pass considering they aren't requested, apart of that I know that in a big part of the comunity they will be seen as underwhelming because it's genshin impact
While we did do this in our previous season, we decided to go with the original lineup. We will be rearranging our characters this season though so the lineup you see is not the one we are going with for the final product. At least, we are moving Ratchet from Character #5 to another place to avoid patterns with Zagreus.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While Raven Beak isn't disqualified, having a second Dread stage in the game would certainly raise eyebrows seeing as we had one in the launch version. I know FF7 has two stages but that is a different situation considering FF7's appeal and legacy. As for FromSoftware, Hunter is from Bloodborne and, as mentioned in the Sony job, we are only allowing one Sony rep to be included. That being said, Lloyd is our Namco rep so another one for this season isn't viable. As much as I would like Chosen Undead or Tarnished One, we can't go that route.
I understand most of them, but honestly even if I known that Namco owns From Software I think we can consider them different companies, much like Banjo and Steve where even if are owned by Microsoft in the copyright secton is listed both Mojang and Rare, so we can list From has their own thing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Crackpot idea and maybe not DLC marketable, but how about a rep for developing games? Like Suzanne the Blender monkey; the cat from Scratch; Kung Fu Man from MUGEN; the (as BonafideFella BonafideFella suggested to me very recently on a status comment) Utah Teapot; or even Flake from Mirror House Cornflakes?

EDIT: Now I think about it, while not my ideal choice and probably not as capable as representing design in their moveset as the other options, Robloxian would fit to a T for this while also being able to sell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I understand most of them, but honestly even if I known that Namco owns From Software I think we can consider them different companies, much like Banjo and Steve where even if are owned by Microsoft in the copyright secton is listed both Mojang and Rare, so we can list From has their own thing.
They don't actually own From btw. Just the Dark Souls and Elden Ring ip's iirc. Bloodborne and Demon Souls are Sony. Sekiro might be Activision since they published that.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I think Ezio or some other assassins creed rep would be a good pick for DLC. Plenty of interesting moveset potential and the content he could come with could be really interesting. Plus it’s one of the best selling game series of all time and I think it absolutely merits a jump from just mii costumes and spirits to a fighter.

Don’t know if real people would be allowed for spirits in that situation but I think if they’re not very controversial and use the design they have in the assassins creed series it wouldn’t really be an issue at all

D

Deleted member

I think Ezio or some other assassins creed rep would be a good pick for DLC. Plenty of interesting moveset potential and the content he could come with could be really interesting. Plus it’s one of the best selling game series of all time and I think it absolutely merits a jump from just mii costumes and spirits to a fighter.

Don’t know if real people would be allowed for spirits in that situation but I think if they’re not very controversial and use the design they have in the assassins creed series it wouldn’t really be an issue at all
I feel it should be okay. But honestly there's enough AC characters these days that we would have plenty of options anyway.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I feel it should be okay. But honestly there's enough AC characters these days that we would have plenty of options anyway.
Theoretically they could probably make the spirit board entirely with original characters and modern day characters but that would probably be somewhat boring IMO. A few spirits should be dedicated to them tho.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
I think we should include a new fighter archetype. Maybe we could have a "protector" of sorts where you play a large, powerful character guarding the main fighter who counts for KO's (so uh, basically what Big Daddy would've been if we hadn't disconfirmed him). Also, I echo WWW's statements, we need a pre-NES fighter somewhere in this season.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am fully supportive of Assassin's Creed. Ezio is my main pick considering Connor isn't as well receptive and the other ones are, well, forgettable save for Altair.

Thank you everyone for sounding off! This went on longer than I had planned for it to but it's good to get some ideas on the table. I think this would be a good way later on to break our usual pattern and to have discussions on how to move our DLC project forward.

So I mentioned that I would be talking to the thread about some things that is the topic about the future of this thread. I feel like I need to lay out some thiings that have cropped up over the past few months that I need to discuss at length for the sake of transparency.

1) I am getting tired of running the project. I still have a passion for it and I still want to see it through but it's been tough getting through it. Part of the reason I push forward so much is just to get it done. I enjoy the path to it but seeing it through has put a strain on me.

2) I am not in the best place mentally and, while this thread does allow me to focus on something that I have some control over, I still get discouraged and depressed. I don't want to get into the issues personally so a mental health diagnosis was fairly shattering and trying to improve myself mentally has taken priority. Depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, destructive tendencies, hallucinations, and panic attacks have increased in both severity and frequency for a while now and so my main focus is to get a handle on this through medication and therapy. There was one particular evening that, hadn't I had loved ones with me then, I probably wouldn't be here typing this right now so I need to get a handle on myself to not experience that again. Having the thread helps me with stability and, really, to enjoy the one thing I find enjoyable right now.

3) I have been losing direction. I have a goal in mind but I always second guess myself. When a job goes sour, I fret over and wonder if I made the right move. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but things that never bothered me before bother me now. This is due in part to point 2.

4) The leadership team has been, more or less, disbanded. Most have moved on to their own things and I thank the world for their involvement. I couldn't of done it without them and they still have a place should they want to come back. I am glad to have made such great friends and I won't forget them and the help they offered in my time of need. That being said, I am back on my own again and trying to juggle the project has largely been in my hands. I apologize if things have been in disarray and I can't promise it will get better.

5) In order to keep our thread active and engaging, I am considering doubling up on jobs so like we do multiple jobs for our dlc submissions at once so, perhaps stage submissions and assist trophy submissions, Especially for franchises that don't get too many submissions to start with it.

6) I am considering taking a break for a while from the thread. I would still be owning the thread but, should I decide to take a temporary break, I may close the thread or entrust it to someone else. I haven't decided on it and the next few months will decide how I will continue forward. If I do go this route, I will look to the thread for potential ideas.

I will be starting us off on our next job in a little bit.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master

There should at least be a spirit for this guy

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, I have had this idea in my head for a while but I couldn't really put it into paper properly but I feel now is a good time to start introducing it. Smash Infinite not only has DLC Seasons but it also has Spirit Events, Online Tournaments, and the occasional content we added in. That being said, we will be introducing a new aspect of DLC and that's:

MUSIC PACKS

Yes, we will be selling packs that comes bundled with music for franchises that might need more music added into it but maybe might not get music for it. Spirit Events that could get that music will have the added plus of getting that music added if should players download the music pack. Music Packs will have an underlying theme with some of them focusing on franchises while others focus on a single game or even a more abstract theme! There is a general rule though for musical packs....

1) They must be from a series that is represented in some shape or form in Smash unless stated otherwise
2) DLC Franchises are not allowed as we already included music. That being said, there are exceptions. Like for example, say we included a Fire Emblem rep from a new Fire Emblem game. Music from that game would not be allowed but music from Fire Emblem would be allowed. I can say though that for this job, all DLC franchises will not be allowed for it. It's a very tight exception which really none of them fill like the above Fire Emblem example.
3) Please don't add double tracks. You can view which new tracks we added here under the MUSIC section

For starters though, we will be working on....

Sounds of Spring
These musical tracks should bring forth the sounds of spring! Flowers blooming, birds chirping, and love in the air! Of course, they should stay focused on the element of spring. DLC franchises are not allowed. New franchises to Smash like Resident Evil that were featured in the launch version is allowed. You may submit up to 3 tracks but each track must be from a separate series. Please include the name of track, series, game its from, and what makes it represent Spring. We are only accepting a certain number of explaining why this song emulates spring will help it pass through.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Alright, I have had this idea in my head for a while but I couldn't really put it into paper properly but I feel now is a good time to start introducing it. Smash Infinite not only has DLC Seasons but it also has Spirit Events, Online Tournaments, and the occasional content we added in. That being said, we will be introducing a new aspect of DLC and that's:

MUSIC PACKS

Yes, we will be selling packs that comes bundled with music for franchises that might need more music added into it but maybe might not get music for it. Spirit Events that could get that music will have the added plus of getting that music added if should players download the music pack. Music Packs will have an underlying theme with some of them focusing on franchises while others focus on a single game or even a more abstract theme! There is a general rule though for musical packs....

1) They must be from a series that is represented in some shape or form in Smash unless stated otherwise
2) DLC Franchises are not allowed as we already included music. That being said, there are exceptions. Like for example, say we included a Fire Emblem rep from a new Fire Emblem game. Music from that game would not be allowed but music from Fire Emblem would be allowed. I can say though that for this job, all DLC franchises will not be allowed for it. It's a very tight exception which really none of them fill like the above Fire Emblem example.

For starters though, we will be working on....

Sounds of Spring
These musical tracks should bring forth the sounds of spring! Flowers blooming, birds chirping, and love in the air! Of course, they should stay focused on the element of spring. DLC franchises are not allowed. New franchises to Smash like Resident Evil that were featured in the launch version is allowed. You may submit up to 3 tracks but each track must be from a separate series. Please include the name of track, series, game its from, and what makes it represent Spring. We are only accepting a certain number of explaining why this song emulates spring will help it pass through.
Can we combine songs in like a medley if they are part of the same area, hint one of my submission is from Miitopia

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can we combine songs in like a medley if they are part of the same area, hint one of my submission is from Miitopia
It's preferrible if we have a single song so we can have a source to link to for reference.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Realm of the Fey (Miitopia) - Spring is about nature, and nature has a certain bounce to it, so a battle in an elven forest sounds like the perfect companion to a springtime battle.

Windmill Hills (Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze) - If a DKC theme has to be included it DEFINITELY has to be this classic, with the music perfectly encapsulating the theme of exploration in a deep forest, sure its an autumn stage but this just screams nature.

Forest of Hope (Remix) (Pikmin) - When I picture spring this remix is exactly what I think when I think of the season, plus it's a good bop all around and Pikmin is severely dry in songs.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’ll submit Forest of the Nopon from Xenoblade and Bunny Day from Animal Crossing New Horizons. Also don’t know if this counts but I’d like to submit The Best Is Yet To Come from Metal Gear Solid. I think it fits because it sort of represents new beginnings and optimism, two things very associated with spring, and it’s title shows how people get hope from spring.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are now finished with our music pack! We will be doing more in the future. I plan to organize and present the pack with the group. That being said, my main focus is to include music from a variety of series.

Submit an Online Tournament

We will be moving to adding another Online Tournament. This one, however, can’t be a tournament you previously submitted. It must be entirely new.​

New Tournament submission:
The unexpected meeting!

Theme: Characters, who are considered as "Suprise"/"Out of field" characters.
Characters: Jigglypuff, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Piranha Plant and Stylist (I'm not sure if it counts).

Items: Smash Ball, Fake Smash Ball, Pokeball/Masterball, anti-ssist trophies and Assist Trophies based on those franchises.

Stages: Wigglytuff Guild, Flat Zone X, Gyromite, Wii Fit Studio, Duck Hunt, Megafruit Paradise and Buemonde Arena.

I nominate that tourney, because it would consist of weird characters like ROB or Jigglypuff for example, which it would be fun to play as "Out of field" character.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Nakamura's Legacy, Forever Unchanging
1650903021054.png

A tournament based on the legacy of Bandai and its partner, the Nakamura Manufacturing Company, who you may better know as Namco, and all the games they've made in collaboration.

Fighters:
:ultpikachu:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultcharizard:
:ultlucario:
:ultpacman:
:ultkazuya:
Ms. Pac-Man
Mii Fighters (Limited to Original + Namco-Related Outfits)

Stages:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Small Battlefield
Final Destination
PAC-MAZE
Pac-Land
Mishima Dojo

Assist Trophies:
Kuma
Ghosts

Items:
Assist Trophy
Anti-ssist Trophy
Special Flag
Boss Galaga
PokeBall
Master Ball

Pokemon:
Darkrai
Eevee
Electrode
Gardevoir
Gengar
Fennekin
Latias & Latios
Mew
Mimikyu
Scizor
Snivy
Suicune
Victini

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nakamura's Legacy, Forever Unchanging
View attachment 351192
A tournament based on the legacy of Bandai and its partner, the Nakamura Manufacturing Company, who you may better know as Namco, and all the games they've made in collaboration.

Fighters:
:ultpikachu:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultcharizard:
:ultlucario:
:ultpacman:
:ultkazuya:
Ms. Pac-Man
Agumon
Lloyd
Mii Fighters (Limited to Original + Namco-Related Outfits)

Stages:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Small Battlefield
Final Destination
PAC-MAZE
Pac-Land
Mishima Dojo
Digital Monster LCD
Tower of Salvation

Assist Trophies:
Kuma
Yuri Lowell
Ghosts

Items:
Assist Trophy
Anti-ssist Trophy
Special Flag
Boss Galaga
PokeBall
Master Ball

Pokemon:
Darkrai
Eevee
Electrode
Gardevoir
Gengar
Fennekin
Latias & Latios
Mew
Mimikyu
Scizor
Snivy
Suicune
Victini
Just to clarify, any DLC content will not be present UNLESS you have downloaded the content.

RAINBOW RAGE!
Fighters:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultness::ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultsheik::ultpichu::ulticeclimbers::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultroy::ultwario::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultike::ultsquirtle::ultcharizard::ultlucas::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultwiifittrainer::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultken::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultridley::ultincineroar::ultpacman::ultkingdedede::ultrichter::ultsonic::ultminmin:ultpyra::ultsora:
Isaac, Bandana Dee, Octoling, Crash, Ashley, Groyvle & Celebi, Reimu, Officer Howard, Dr. Eggman, Marin, Ms. Pac-Man, Iori, Zagreus, Phoenix, Agumon, Lloyd

Stage:
Rainbow Road and Rainbow Cruise

Items:
All Items

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just to clarify, any DLC content will not be present UNLESS you have downloaded the content.

RAINBOW RAGE!
Fighters:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultness::ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultsheik::ultpichu::ulticeclimbers::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultroy::ultwario::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultike::ultsquirtle::ultcharizard::ultlucas::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultwiifittrainer::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultken::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultridley::ultincineroar::ultpacman::ultkingdedede::ultrichter::ultsonic::ultminmin:ultpyra::ultsora:
Isaac, Bandana Dee, Octoling, Crash, Ashley, Groyvle & Celebi, Reimu, Officer Howard, Dr. Eggman, Marin, Ms. Pac-Man, Iori, Zagreus, Phoenix, Agumon, Lloyd

Stage:
Rainbow Road and Rainbow Cruise

Items:
All Items
Gotcha. Removed the Digimon and Tales content.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Out of curiousity: why wasn't my Yoshi music track approved?
1) I felt the Raving Rabbids song represented Spring more and could be used in a Smash game environment than the Yoshi song.
2) You submitted 3 songs. My goal was ten songs so those who submitted three songs were given less priority than those who submitted less than that. The goal was to have at least one song per person. Some ended up with one song while others with two songs.

On that note, the following was removed:

Windmill Hills was removed as its already in the game
The Best is Yet to Come as I wanted to not have third party dominate the track listing
Fortnite song (We have a Fornite Spirit already which already seems controversial and not have more Fortnite content. Adding a song would just be another "what the..." reaction. We either go full Fortnite or no Fortnite at all IMO)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom