• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Kumatora was pretty popular in the 3DS/Wii U era, right? Perhaps she would qualify?

Hmm... funny orangutan or pink hair lesbian... who to choose, who to choose...
Claus/Masked Man upped her during the Brawl era for sure.

For those searching for info, feel free to browse this section of the site
Thread post count should be relatively high to garner how popular that character was

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
i'm looking at the brawl section of the site, some real surprising stuff. Masked Man was more popular than Isaac for a time (or a t least the thread was more active)
Brawl Character Discussion | Smashboards
ahh yes lets put the suicidal brainwashed child in the hype fighting game very responsible move

Anyway, seems Lanky isn't elegible 😞

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Claus/Masked Man upped her during the Brawl era for sure.

For those searching for info, feel free to browse this section of the site
Thread post count should be relatively high to garner how popular that character was
Ignoring the job at hand this is a weird and fun time capsule looking through all this stuff

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ignoring the job at hand this is a weird and fun time capsule looking through all this stuff
That was actually a portion of my intention. We often look to the now or way before Smash started. We rarely look around to the Brawl/melee era for characters that were popular then because we consider them as having "missed the boat". We are rectifying that.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
To get us started as I was around during the Brawl days…

1) Andy
2) Chibi-Robo
3) Tom Nook
4) Geno
5) Sylux
6) Paper Mario
7) Saki
8) Krystal
9) Toad
10) Mach Rider
11) Excitebiker
12) Ayumi Tachibana
13) Ray MK
14) Black Shadow

Just from the top of my head. Asking around may yield other results.
A few others that came to my mind:
  • Starfy
  • Muddy Mole AT
  • Samurai Goroh (I remember him being a very common prediction)
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Sukapon
  • Fawful
  • Masked Man
  • Micaiah
  • Lyn

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  • Starfy
  • Muddy Mole
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Sukapon
  • Fawful
  • Masked Man
  • Micaiah
  • Lyn
Muddy Mole, unfortunately, is an AT

I was thinking about Jill & Drill Dozer - their thread from Brawl era has 3 pages but I can't find anywhere if it says what amount of posts specifically it has.

Edit: 85 posts, nowhere near the minumum (3K, right) but certainly respectable.

Edit: Wait, did we even discuss a "minimum amount of posts" or is my mind tricking me?

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
BUP!

Toad claims his spot!

Toad is Peach's guard who has been there since the beginning. He has been playable in almost every modern Mario game, and when he isn't, he has a major role. Toad is one of the most iconic Mario characters and certainly deserves to get in (I'm feeling so tired right now I ain't in the mood for a long writeup lol). EDIT: Darn, I thought we were submitting :4pacman:)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
  • Starfy
  • Muddy Mole AT
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Sukapon
  • Fawful
  • Masked Man
  • Micaiah
  • Lyn
Yeah, that's reaching the bottom of barrel in regards to Brawl popularity. Sadly though, Lyndis is axed as she was confirmed for Infinite as a Mii Costume. I would also add to that list:

Lip (She hasn't been disconfirmed via Mii Costume if I recall)

Entirely off topic but is Cooking Mama second or third party? I always forget.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's reaching the bottom of barrel in regards to Brawl popularity. Sadly though, Lyndis is axed as she was confirmed for Infinite as a Mii Costume. I would also add to that list:

Entirely off topic but is Cooking Mama second or third party? I always forget.
I believe third party, but she's more or less an honorary Nintendo character to most people.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Where the hell did the idea that Cooking Mama has any relation at all to Nintendo come from? As far as I know she wasn't even officially advertised by Nintendo like Professor Layton is.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Where the hell did the idea that Cooking Mama has any relation at all to Nintendo come from? As far as I know she wasn't even officially advertised by Nintendo like Professor Layton is.
Cooking Mama was always brought up during Brawl speculation and I don’t pay enough attention (don’t care to pay enough attention) to franchises where the distinction between them are blurred. Just a simple question to thread. No need to get worked up about it.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Yeah, you honestly got most of the big ones out of the way. I’d say the major stand outs are Krystal, Geno, Masked Man (though his popularity dropped considerably after Brawl), Tom Nook, Toad and Paper Mario. Honestly, with Mega Man, Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, Simon and now Isaac added, it does feel like a lot of the Brawl era picks are in, which is pretty e p i c.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Yeah, you honestly got most of the big ones out of the way. I’d say the major stand outs are Krystal, Geno, Masked Man (though his popularity dropped considerably after Brawl), Tom Nook, Toad and Paper Mario. Honestly, with Mega Man, Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, Simon and now Isaac added, it does feel like a lot of the Brawl era picks are in, which is pretty e p i c.
Does Porky count as Brawl Era? I have a feeling maybe not because he may have been revealed on the dojo at some point as a boss.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Weren't Plusle and Minun brought up at one point for Brawl? I know they were mentioned from behind the scenes, though whether they were planned or not is still up in the air. Nintendog was also brought up too, though I'm assuming this is out of the question because Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly the biggest standout that's not here is Geno - and uh, that's personally not a big deal to me, I actually don't give two bits about the puppet, but no denying he's popular in the fanbase.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm gonna vote for Geno. I think it's time. Also, between Tom Nook and the large amount of retro picks, I don't really care for most of the other choices personally.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So some of our most remarkable characters include the Cringe Puppet™, a suicidal child, a generic guy from a blatant bootleg of a game with a less generic cast, a character from a two-button traditional fighting game, and Toad.

This was a mistake. Please allow abandoned 3DS/Wii U era picks as well, it beats going straight into the job knowing that 99.9% chance says Geno is getting in for a fact.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So some of our most remarkable characters include the Cringe Puppet™, a suicidal child, a generic guy from a blatant bootleg of a game with a less generic cast, a character from a two-button traditional fighting game, and Toad.

This was a mistake. Please allow abandoned 3DS/Wii U era picks as well, it beats going straight into the job knowing that 99.9% chance says Geno is getting in for a fact.
I wouldn't be so pessimistic, Geno seems to be pretty deivisive in this thread specifically. I mean, I want Geno and will vote for him, but I think there's a good chance he won't get in.
Also, what kind of popular choices from the Wii U/3DS era even are there? Off the top of my head I can only name Elma and Zoroark of the characters that aren't already in.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be so pessimistic, Geno seems to be pretty deivisive in this thread specifically. I mean, I want Geno and will vote for him, but I think there's a good chance he won't get in.
Also, what kind of popular choices from the Wii U/3DS era even are there? Off the top of my head I can only name Elma and Zoroark of the characters that aren't already in.
Elma, Lanky Kong, Wonder Red, and Captain Toad all come to mind from non-disconfirmed characters. Including disconfirmed or 3P we'd also have Zoroark, Kumatora, Hawlucha, Callie & Marie, Jibanyan, Rayman, Shantae, and Mallo.

The abandoned Smashified website is a great time capsule

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Elma, Lanky Kong, Wonder Red, and Captain Toad all come to mind from non-disconfirmed characters. Including disconfirmed or 3P we'd also have Zoroark, Kumatora, Hawlucha, Callie & Marie, Jibanyan, and Mallo.
Would any of these characters make any kind of difference though? I won't deny that some of these are names I hear relatively often these days, but I don't think any of them would be able to really challenge Geno.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Would any of these characters make any kind of difference though? I won't deny that some of these are names I hear relatively often these days, but I don't think any of them would be able to really challenge Geno.
Then we're backtracking to my first point: why do the job if it, on a conceptual level, has a winner from the start? When we did the pick-your-own-poll period the mods had to refuse a prompt that basically locked in Euden, now they're making a prompt that will almost certainly provide Geno regardless of how controversial he proves to be on virtue of just how many of the characters who fall into that criteria got in and how many of the remaining characters are obscure or lack moveset potential?

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I guess we'll see what happens. I don't think Geno is a lock regardless of which characters he competes with personally, since he's also pretty divisive.
I wouldn't be surprised if Toad, Krystal, or Paper Mario beat him to it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wish to vote for Geno, But i'm gonna go on a limb and choose Ayumi for some more obscure representation(Plus i've played the remake of The Girl Who Stands Behind)

1630913564789.png

Edit: Wait a minute? did my last post count as a vote?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Another puppet thing: Why does Geno get to be an exception to the one full newcomer per series rule? Did we say something about a second Mario rep after Waluigi before I joined? All this says is "based on prescedents" - as in Rosalina and Bowser Jr. making a single game? Then why doesn't that apply to Meta and Dedede, or Lucario and Trainer? It really feels the thread owners are trying to rig things in favour of Geno.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Another puppet thing: Why does Geno get to be an exception to the one full newcomer per series rule? Did we say something about a second Mario rep after Waluigi before I joined? All this says is "based on prescedents" - as in Rosalina and Bowser Jr. making a single game? Then why doesn't that apply to Meta and Dedede, or Lucario and Trainer? It really feels the thread owners are trying to rig things in favour of Geno.
Sigh…you’re looking too much into Wario.

Kirby has two reps and, yes, Galacta Knight is a rep.
mario doesn’t have an echo rep and, considering how big it is and the last two games included two Mario reps, I decided that they were game. I’m considering allowing Pokémon to get a second unique newcomer in the submission but beyond that, the prompt will remain unchanged.

As for Geno, that was my call after hours of thinking about it. I’ll stick by it even if I don’t like it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Since the prompt mentions characters since Brawl, does that mean the character must have some sort of ongoing support, or are characters that were Brawl-only relics egilible as well?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since the prompt mentions characters since Brawl, does that mean the character must have some sort of ongoing support, or are characters that were Brawl-only relics egilible as well?
Characters who had support since Brawl and still maintain relative support during the Smash 4 and Ultimate eras.

First Party requested during Brawl Submittion:
ExciteBiker (Excite)

Well, I submit ExciteBiker, because he was Possibly Requested as Character in Smash during Brawl days. He would be cool representative for Nintendo's Excite Franchise. Even before Brawl, he was requested to be in Melee, but Ice Climber took his place. He even was AT in Brawl and some people wanted him as Playable Fighter.
His moveset would be Vehicular-type, because he would attack on his bike. He even could use ramp as Side Special or Wheelie Jump as Up Special. He has moveset potential to borrow from NES ExciteBike, 64, ExciteTruck and World Rally.

Fun Fact: Did you know that He is my Most Wanted Retro Rep (Despite he has Modern Games tho) for Super Smash Bros.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Konkey Dong

K. Lumsy (Donkey Kong 64)
Class: Ace ★★★
Type: Primary Attack, 3 Slots
Effect: Giant
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant King K Rool (Yellow), Invisible Pac-Man (Blue)
  • Stage: Find Mii
  • Music Track: Mine Cart Carnage
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Periodic Earthquakes will shake the stage, The enemy favors Neutral Special (Pac-Man)
Klump (Donkey Kong Country)
Class: Advanced ★★
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Weapon Resist ↑, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: King K Rool x2 (Brown)
  • Stage: Jungle Japes
  • Music Track: Gang Plank Galleon
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Neutral Special, Certain Items will appear in large numbers (Kiwi)
Krusha (Donkey Kong Country)
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: Physical Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: King K Rool (Blue), King K Rool (Black)
  • Stage: Kongo Jungle
  • Music Track: Gang Plank Galleon
  • Conditions: The enemy has increased Physical Attack
Gnawty (Donkey Kong Country)
Class: Novice ★
Type: Primary Neutral, 1 Slot
Effect: None
  • Summon from the cores of Goomba, C.J., and Psyduck.
Mini-Necky (Donkey Kong Country)
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Can be Evolved
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Falco x 3 (Black), Falco x 3 (Black), Giant Falco (Pink)
  • Stage: Kongo Jungle
  • Music Track: Jungle Level (Brawl)
  • Conditions: Only Certain Pokémon will emerge from Poké Balls (Fletchling), The enemy favors aerials
Necky (Donkey Kong Country)
Effect: Air Attack ↑, 1 Slot
  • Evolve from Mini Necky
KAOS (Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble)
Type: Primary Shield, 3 Slots
  • Summon with cores from Donkey Kong & Bongos, R.O.B. 64, and The Creature & Flea Man

KAOS effectively replaces Baron K. Roolenstein, and now enhances into him, who is now a legend spirit.
Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble)
Type: Primary Grab, 3 Slots
Effect: Can Be Enhanced at Lv. 99
  • Puppet Fighter: Diddy Kong (Blue), Dixie Kong (Purple)
  • Stage: Jungle Japes
  • Music Track: Jungle Level (Melee)
  • Conditions: The enemy is easily distracted by items, Certain Items appear in large numbers (Banana Peel)
Essentially replaces Dixie Kong's current spirit, still enhancing into Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong
Helper Monkey (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat)
Type: Primary Shield, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Diddy Kong x5 (White)
  • Stage: Kongo Falls
  • Music Track: Jungle Hijinxs
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Grabs, The enemy favors Side Special, The enemy likes to jump
Parry the Parallel Bird (Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble)
Effect: Irreversible Controls, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Tail Falco (Orange)
  • Stage: Kongo Falls
  • Music Track: Cascade Capers
  • Conditions: Your controls will suddenly flip, The enemy tends to avoid conflict, The enemy favors Jump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom