• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I hear we’re allowed to submit theme song lyrics now though?
Yeah, we opened it up quite a while ago but only got one submission from Janx. We were planning on having more submissions so we just kinda left it open so we could remind people again at a later date, good thing Janx just did that for us.

So yeah if you got any song lyrics for infinite you may submit them, the job technically never closed.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, we opened it up quite a while ago but only got one submission from Janx. We were planning on having more submissions so we just kinda left it open so we could remind people again at a later date, good thing Janx just did that for us.

So yeah if you got any song lyrics for infinite you may submit them, the job technically never closed.
Alllright then

ahem

Hear the stories past of wondrous stars.
Guiding those avast between the now and the wars.
Floating on the flame-torn landscape.
Waiting, but the dawn won’t escape. Here

And so the stars keep guarding.

Hear the waves crash, yearning for a home.
Strung along by fate, their motion drawn onto foam.
Sacrificed to all the time’s sands.
Biding slowly ’till the climbing ends.

And till the stars their solace sends.

This world in me.
Will keep us all in motion.
Their worries stilled.
In infinite devotion.
The stars cry out for they are free.
Polaris shining unto me.

And when this earth looks to above.
The stars look back and send their hope and their love.
The rays, through hills and ocean.
To the world that’s kept in motion, sings.

All the things. In all things.

So shine so bright.
When worlds move in collision.
And what is dear, is to love all; our mission.

Brace for the waves, ‘till coast they be.
Polaris shining unto me.

would you believe its a first draft? :4dedede:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There was a time that during Smash 64’s timeframe, I wanted Mewtwo so badly. It was pretty awesome finally getting it in Melee. But then again I also wanted Jesse, James, and Lt. Surge for some reason. Oh, yeah, and James Bond. Looking back at it, it was pretty silly having all these expectations for these off the wall characters. But, in the back of my mind, I really wanted Banjo but never connected the dots for some reason. Banjo remained a huge force in speculation for such a long time. After Nelee, both Ridley and K. Rool were focal points in who I wanted in Smash. Eventually, all 3 made it into Ultimate. Infinite sure has added all sorts of most wanted for first party characters.

But I wonder…after all is said and done…which character will finally make it into the greatest crossover in history? After such a long campaign…

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hard to believe we are a first for the site shooting to create a Smash game via community voting and all in the board. I feel so glad to take point one this project but it wouldn’t be anything without my squadmates who backed me up and had my back.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sometimes it’s better to be first to the party but, if you are last, you make the most impact. Or sputter out like a flaming tiger wrestler.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Infinite studios had quite the jumpscare when we tried to order pizza but found out that we had to sift through like one hundred pieces of submitted artwork. It was worse than that one episode in ‘87. Something about a bite…or a byte…

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Infinite studios had quite the jumpscare when we tried to order pizza but found out that we had to sift through like one hundred pieces of submitted artwork.
Pizza? Jumpscares? Indie game? Robots? I GOT IT!

We're gonna add Peppino! The purple even looks like the placeholder blocks!

anyway just stop delaying the inevitable and start the fe job

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love to give characters a fighting chance and, as you know what they said, third time is a charm.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Can somebody explain all these hints?

I feel these upcoming submissions will be emblematic of the Smash speculation scene. I hope it sets everyone’s hearts on fire.
Fire Emblem

There was a time that during Smash 64’s timeframe, I wanted Mewtwo so badly. It was pretty awesome finally getting it in Melee. But then again I also wanted Jesse, James, and Lt. Surge for some reason. Oh, yeah, and James Bond. Looking back at it, it was pretty silly having all these expectations for these off the wall characters. But, in the back of my mind, I really wanted Banjo but never connected the dots for some reason. Banjo remained a huge force in speculation for such a long time. After Nelee, both Ridley and K. Rool were focal points in who I wanted in Smash. Eventually, all 3 made it into Ultimate. Infinite sure has added all sorts of most wanted for first party characters.

But I wonder…after all is said and done…which character will finally make it into the greatest crossover in history? After such a long campaign…
I'm not sure it's either not a hint or it could mean a 64 era character or a Highly Requested character or maybe it's just for wishing stars

Hard to believe we are a first for the site shooting to create a Smash game via community voting and all in the board. I feel so glad to take point one this project but it wouldn’t be anything without my squadmates who backed me up and had my back.
FPS Character

Sometimes it’s better to be first to the party but, if you are last, you make the most impact. Or sputter out like a flaming tiger wrestler.
A First Party character will be the last

The Infinite studios had quite the jumpscare when we tried to order pizza but found out that we had to sift through like one hundred pieces of submitted artwork. It was worse than that one episode in ‘87. Something about a bite…or a byte…
Something related to either Fnaf or Horror games not 100% sure on this one

I love to give characters a fighting chance and, as you know what they said, third time is a charm.
A third Fighting game character

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Smash Dungeon Enemy voting! As a reminder, we voted for first and third party enemy submissions!

Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote for Smash Dungeon Enemies. Voting for a character in the 3 column will grant it 3 points, 2 2 points, and so on. You may vote for your own submission. Please make a selection in all three columns.. Number of responses: .

NameThree PointsTwo PointsOne PointTotal
Dragon (G&W/Zelda)0011
Virus (Dr. Mario)1 (3)1 (2)611
Cyrogonal (Pokemon)2 (6)028
Yokai (Rhythm Heaven)2 (6)4 (8)216
Robot Dog (Drill Dozer)1 (3)1 (2)05
Starman (Earthbound)1 (3)014
Orne (Kid Icarus)1 (3)014
Griffin (Miitopia)01 (2)02
Whomp (Mario)03 (6)17
Mummy (Miitopia)2 (6)006
Urban Champion (Urban Champion)1 (3)2 (4)07
Bronto Burt (Kirby)3 (9)2 (4)013
Kritter (Donkey Kong)2 (6)1 (2)311

Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote for Smash Dungeon Third Party Enemies. Voting for a character in the 3 column will grant it 3 points, 2 2 points, and so on. You may vote for your own submission. Please make a selection in all three columns.. Number of responses: .

NameThree PointsTwo PointsOne PointTotal
Piano (Bubsy)01 (2)02
Tinkerbat (Shanate)1 (3)1 (2)38
Marlboro (Final Fantasy)1 (3)2 (4)07
Zomboni (Plants vs Zombies)2 (6)2 (4)212
Whoolies (Bubsy)1 (3)014
Eggpawn (Sonic)5 (15)3 (6)122
The Trapper (Dead by Daylight)1 (3)1 (2)27
Killing Machine (Dragon Quest)1 (3)3 (6)312
Browncoat Zombie (Plants vs Zombies)1 (3)1 (2)49
Mochismo (Yokai Watch)1 (3)003
FBI Agent (Alien Hominid)2 (6)1 (2)08

We will be including the top three for both sections so our new Smash Dungeon enemies are as follows!

1. Virus (Dr. Mario)
  2. Yokai (Rhythm Heaven)
  3. Kritter ( Donkey Kong)
  4. Eggpawn (Sonic)
  5. Zomboni (Plants vs Zombies)
  6. Killing Machine (Dragon Quest)
Honestly, I felt a lot of these submissions truly belonged in this mode as well as Wishing Stars but we can only have a few winners for it each time. Please reconsider resubmitting them in the future.

Next, we will be voting for the next chapter in Wishing Stars. We only got two submissions so this will be conducting at the poll on the top of the thread.

Job 160:

As reality itself begins to rumble, the ARK begins to shake as though it were caught in a massive wave. Vines begin sprouting from the earth and taking out power, like giant green tendrils erupting from the surface of the ocean. The Red Matter found corrupting portions of the ARK is being fought off by a more soothing bluish-green energy. The heroes turn and find a giant whale rising above the ARK itself, water flooding the streets and crowds panicking as DJ Octavio gives them a sinister grin before following his enigmatic master. From now, mankind has been faced with a new obstacle other than the Chimeras for survival.

The ARK was now in a deadlock with the Titan Uraya.

Universe Combination: ASTRAL CHAIN X XENOBLADE CHRONICLES

The player is now dealing with swarms of Monoeyes, Swooping Snitchbugs, Fairies, Tarantulas, Pixies, Slimes, and Shell Chimeras, all the while they fight their way inside and through Uraya to find a way to stop the deadlock.

As the heroes explore Uraya, a streak of crimson flies over the heroes at inhuman speeds, catching them off guard before it turns back around and stops in front of them. Reimu Hakurei, the normally-lazy Shrine Maiden had answered the call to action, ready to face the Wishing Stars Incident. Though a battle briefly breaks out between you and Reimu (As it's par for the course for the shrine maiden to beat up anyone standing in her way), the tension is quickly cleared up, and the player is presented with Reimu's Wish Request:

Reimu Hakurei
Wish Request: Dodge 50 projectiles, then kill 100 enemies with projectiles.
Job 160:
The Journey for Stars.

While walking through ARK, they saw a falling Star from Cosmic Space and it crashed into one of buildings, when they saw it, they investigated that Object that fell from the Sky and when someone touched, it granted some Powers to someone and the Star started to shake and it flew into Planet Popstar, crashing into it, changing color from Yellow to Rainbow, they suprised that the Kirby's Planet changed Color and they came to Astral Plane and they went to Space along with the ARK.

Universe Combination: ASTRAL CHAIN X KIRBY

The level contains Waddle Dees, Monoeyes, Goombas and Koopa Troopas, where Player goes through that level similar to Kirby, but there are stuff borrowed from Astral Chain like ARK in Background in Green Greens. After they go throught Planet Popstar, they found it again and they carried it to Astral Plane.

As Heroes traversed through Green Greens (Where Whispy Woods is in the Background Smiling) to ARK, where Astral Plane locates. So Heroes came to Astral Plane and put in the Box, where they collect Stars, but someone was in the Ship, it was Bandana Dee, who was also interested in that Star, which was Crashing into Green Greens. Bandana Dee helped them to close the Box, where they Collect Stars.

Wish Request: Bandana Dee.
Use Close Combat attacks 50 times and complete a KIRBY level.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Uh Oh

I believe i know what this is hinting at.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Here are my guesses

1. a Fire Emblem Character
2. A Character who was previously considered or almost made it into Smash
3. A First Person Shooter Character
4. A First Party Character and Based on the blue text, i'm assuming it's Geno
5. Freddy Fazbear or Someone Else from Five Nights at Freddy's(You never know when if they pick someone else)
6. A Character from an already represented Fighting Game/Franchise/Company Series in Smash(I'm gonna say Nakororu)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash Infinite Development Team,

We are currently in the last phase of our development period. We will be releasing our final Smash Infinite Direct which is set to air on November 12th, 20XX. This Direct will feature newcomers, changes to veterans, new and old stages, assist trophies, items, pokemon, game modes, Wishing Stars and Smash Dungeon content, SmashSpace collectables, and will round off our music and spirit submissions! This is really the end game for us all! Once we conclude our development, we will launch Smash Infinite and proceed with our DLC development period which should look very different by comparison. I sifted our focus several times from "meat and potatoes content" like characters and stages to more "side dishes content" like Wishing Stars chapters and celebrity appearances. I still intend to do some of these fun little side-jobs but our focus hear on out is to get the vital and important content developed and set by this coming November (irl time) which coincides with Infinite timeline.

SO, with that being said, we are officially working on the Super Smash Bros. Infinite Final Direct Presentation. This is a whopping one hour and ten minute presentation full of new content.

So...to start us off...the Newcomer Submission period

Job #161: Submit a First-Party Character who has been a Highly Requested Character in Speculation since the Brawl Days
It's always great when the Smash teams adds favorites like Sonic, Mega Man, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo into the game. Since Infinite started, we added some fan favorites such as Crash, Waluigi, and Dixie Kong. We aim for one of our final characters to be within this same group. We will be submitting a character who has been present in Smash speculation since the Brawl days and has been a highly requested character/discussed character but yet missed both Smash 4 and Ultimate. Infinite is their time to shine! Characters that do not fit this criteria will be removed and the submitter must rethink their replacement submission. In order to get a feel who has been requested since Brawl, I encourage you to ask the DLC Speculation Thread for first party characters who have been requested but have yet to appear. You may also discuss possible characters here in the thread or on discord. Prior to submissions, we will have a discussion period so people can get an idea of what characters have been largely speculated since Brawl. From tomorrow, we will begin our submission period.

One particular character that can't be overlooked is Geno and, due to his position as both a Nintendo and Square IP, we will be allowing Geno. We will figure out the particulars if he for sure snags the vote.

The following series are uneligible for characters:
Zelda
Kirby
Kid Icarus
Kirby
Pokemon
Wario
Astral Chain
Golden Sun
Style Saavy
Rhythm Heaven
Mysterious Castle Murasame

We will be allowing Donkey Kong submissions as Dixie is an Echo. Also, based on precedents, we will be allowing for a second Mario rep alongside Waluigi.

What are some discussion points?

Who are some characters requested since Brawl?
Do they actually warrant inclusion?
What could the bring to Smash?
Reasons why they are so requested?

With that out of the way,

LET THE DISCUSSION ROUND BEGIN! We will start back up in about 12 hours or so.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Considering I was 6 years old when Brawl came out the most knowledge I have of speculation when Brawl happened was just a few things my brother mentioned to me and it was all third parties, Geno and I think Ridley. So I'm gonna need some more specific information about that period of speculation.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Would Lanky Kong be elegible? He hasn't kept relevance and was mostly a joke, but there's no denying he was pretty popular between Brawl and 3DS/Wii U.

If there wasn't a "no duplicate reps" rule I would've submitted Wario Land Wario in a seperate slot.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
So like... anyone remember Krystal? She used to be big during the Brawl days but petered off. I think part of that just has to do with Star Fox's weird nature as a franchise never really cementing itself as anything other than an experimental toy since SF64 and she's far from popular now but I mean, she WAS popular before. Just putting it out there as an idea. It would be cool to have a de-cloned Star Fox character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
a small part of me is tempted to submit geno and give really bad reasons to sabotage him

Hey, one time someone submitted an Undertale stage just to cannibalise another Undertale stage and ensure an UT fighter, and the thread owners never openly condemned that! Don't see how this is any dirtier.

Either way, I think either making this the first first-or-third party job, making an exception to the no second reps rule, loosening it to be since 3DS/Wii U instead, or AOTA would be better.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To get us started as I was around during the Brawl days…

1) Andy
2) Chibi-Robo
3) Tom Nook
4) Geno
5) Sylux
6) Paper Mario
7) Saki
8) Krystal
9) Toad
10) Mach Rider
11) Excitebiker
12) Ayumi Tachibana
13) Ray MK
14) Black Shadow

Just from the top of my head. Asking around may yield other results.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
To get us started as I was around during the Brawl days…

1) Andy
2) Chibi-Robo
3) Tom Nook
4) Geno
5) Sylux
6) Paper Mario
7) Saki
8) Krystal
9) Toad
10) Mach Rider
11) Excitebiker
12) Ayumi Tachibana
13) Ray MK
14) Black Shadow

Just from the top of my head. Asking around may yield other results.
Honestly, Black Shadow is a good choice especially for Ganon moveset purists. I'd like to imagine he'd be popular because he gets middling votes, enough to show he has an audience here + he has gotten submitted more than enough times.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The one I most agree with is Paper Mario, if another Mario Rep was announced i think he would be the most distinct and best choice

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Ayumi i feel would work to represent the mystery interactive genre of gaming and her remakes should give her a boost in recognizability for smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom