• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
I still think an Undertale rep should be in personally.

But if we go by GolisoPower's requirements for an third-party rep for this. Then I do guess we do can go for Saber from Fate since her franchise as a whole is pretty gaining popularity.

Other then that, I don't know any other character. Altough...I suppose if we can wait for this game to come out. I would also personally choose her from this game.

EDIT:

How about an HoYoverse rep? They're getting quite popular too but not sure if they bring in an new genre.

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
I'd honestly love to see Rayman the most out everyone. I feel like as someone who's a big fan of that series, there's a lot of potential in his moveset, stages, music and all that (like, a stage based off the Land of the Livid Dead level from Origins would be really rad). The Rayman games as a whole hold such a unique and admirable aesthetic, kinda like something that came straight out of a French comic book.

Though then again, I'd gladly accept other picks like Dante too.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if this is the best idea for a sole third party, but perhaps a character from another platform fighter (or a character more associated with another platform fighter than their source material, like Fishbunjin) would make sense? It's meaningful in a way, even if not exactly all too "hype".

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your input!

We will commence our final fighter which is...

Third-Party Fighter

I don't want to impose too many restrictions on submissions but it's noteworthy:

• We only have one new IP which is in fact an old IP​
  • We don't have a true sword character​
  • We do not have an American IP in our listing​
  • We have only one female thus far​
  • Colors white, yellow, scarlet, violet, green, black, and blue are taken​
That being said, being our final character and only third-party fighter, I will impose two restrictions:

The character needs to be from a noteworthy and well-known series from a major game developer. When I say well-known, it must be from a series that is visible to a wide audience and not within niches of Reddit or online communities. With that being said, indie reps will not be acceptable. Sega will be allowed despite having Shadow already on the table. For a list of deconfirmed choices that were introduced in Infinite Beyond, please consult the front page as per usual. Those introduced in Infinite are free games for promotion.

The character has to have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once. I will do a case-by-case basis for characters to technically appear on a Nintendo console in a more guest fashion such as characters Like Master Chief. Again, this is on a case-by-case basis.

When submitting, please adhere to the following submission guidelines:

1) Please provide a picture
2) Please provide a name and series they belong to
3) Please provide a description of the character
4) Please provide a reason why this character should be included in the final roster for Infinite Beyond

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yorgle, Grundle, and Rhindle

Pictured: Yorgle. Grundle is green and Rhindle is red.

The iconic dragons from Atari Adventure, one of the most influential video games ever created. They guard important items and attempt to eat the player, they can only be killed with the sword - each of the 3 has their own personality, with Yorgle being the slowest and Rhindle being as fast as the player character. Players have often mistaken the dragons as being ducks or seahorses.

I personally would prefer the square hero, but I think these 3 are a bit of an easier sell to thread on virtue of being well, a creature and not a geometric shape.

There's a lot of ways to go around these three - should they be a trio or alts for one another for instance? If they are alts, should we come up with new dragon names for other colours or just go for shades of red, green, and yellow? Not just that, but their moveset leaves a lot to interpretation - maybe we could do it Game & Watch style and composite all of Atari's first party 2600 games, maybe we could just stick to Adventure and let the dragon fight with chalices; bridges and bats, or we could go for general dragon tropes like breathing fire and hoarding gold with a tiny bit of duck inspo snuck in?

Do I need to justify why Atari should receive a playable fighter? or why Adventure should be the game to represent Atari in this form? I'm not going to do a history lesson, but to sum it up shortly: Adventure is a lot of firsts - chief among them the first action-adventure game - and it is an iconic image of 70s gaming. Atari is one of the most famous game studios of all time, having once held a monopoly over the console market, on the verge of becoming a genericized trademark.

Atari 2600 games, including Adventure, have been released on Nintendo platforms since Atari's Greatest Hits for DS in 2010, while Atari games as a whole have seen release on Nintendo platforms since the Nintendo-published Arcade Classic series in 1995. Atari 50 is a recent release containing Adventure. Atari released versions of Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. in the 80s, and are believed to have originated the concept of Luigi being a coward through one of their commercials

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Stardew Farmer

Farming rpgs have been around for a really long time & have a dedicated following. Starting with Harvest Moon on SNES & seeing a revitalization with with Stardew Valley which has seen regular updates since its launch in 2016. This game was mostly created by 1 person & became an icon with many looking forward to each update & Concerned Apes next project Haunted Chocolatier. There alot of games in this genre now which has sort of become a meme around how many will be announced in the next Nintendo Direct (particularly after the Sept. 2022 direct). Went with Stardew Valley over Harvest Moon due to likely less legal hurdles, more modern relevance, & it representing other spiritual successor games being a big example of that. Feel like there is alot of moveset potential with all the different tools, activities, animals, & crops the game has offered.

A Mortal Kombat Character

Not sure this is allowed. Think the fighter can be debated if this wins but dont want potentially create more jobs if not wanted. Will pick a specific character if requested.

Yes, the series is not popular in Japan & this is not a new genre being brought in. However the series overall has a large following, would bring in a new major dev (WB), & solidify the dream Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat battle many have wanted officially for decades. Honesty almost feels weird that its missing alonside other huge fighting ip like Tekken & KoF in the biggest crossover fighting game.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Stardew Farmer

Farming rpgs have been around for a really long time & have a dedicated following. Starting with Harvest Moon on SNES & seeing a revitalization with with Stardew Valley which has seen regular updates since its launch in 2016. This game was mostly created by 1 person & became an icon with many looking forward to each update & Concerned Apes next project Haunted Chocolatier. There alot of games in this genre now which has sort of become a meme around how many will be announced in the next Nintendo Direct (particularly after the Sept. 2022 direct). Went with Stardew Valley over Harvest Moon due to likely less legal hurdles, more modern relevance, & it representing other spiritual successor games being a big example of that. Feel like there is alot of moveset potential with all the different tools, activities, animals, & crops the game has offered.
Doesn't this count as indie ? (I don't know why that rule is in place in the first place but

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
3rd Party Fighter: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Ryu_Hayabusa_DOA5.png

Ryu Hayabusa is the protagonist from the videogame series Ninja Gaiden, he is a ninja who is from Dragon linage,he is son from Jô Hayabusa.

Hayabusa's debut was in 1980s on Arcade and NES,Hayabusa became more known by Ninja Gaiden reboot from Xbox,his attacks will be both classic and reboot games,his design is based on modern Ninja Gaiden games,but having the classic design as alternate costume,also i wanted to submit Ryu for Smash have one more 3rd Party debuted by NES

And also:
New IP:✅️
Swordfighter:✅️
Color:i think the color will be Navy Blue

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Doesn't this count as indie ? (I don't know why that rule is in place in the first place but
My bad, forgot about that restriction while i was brainstorming. Thank for pointing that out. OP is updated.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Thank you everyone for your input!

We will commence our final fighter which is...

Third-Party Fighter

With that being said, indie reps will not be acceptable. Sega will be allowed despite having Shadow already on the table. For a list of deconfirmed choices that were introduced in Infinite Beyond, please consult the front page as per usual. Those introduced in Infinite are free games for promotion.

The character has to have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once.

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Third Party Fighter Submission: Rayman
RaymanMRSOH.png

Rayman is the protagonist of the series of the same name. He is a hero created by the Nymphs to defend the Glade of Dreams from upcoming threats, from the Hoodlums to the Robo Pirate army.

Ever since 1995 with the first game, Rayman has always been a noticeable platformer icon, especially in Europe. The unique and distinguishable aesthetics of the Rayman games could fit incredibly well in Super Smash Bros, as well as his many moveset potential: Rayman could take advantage of his floating limbs to make unique combos and hits, he could use many techniques he got from the main games like riding the walking shell from Rayman 2, the golden fist from Rayman 1, or even use the combat fatigues from Rayman 3 as selectable options like Hero's down special. Lastly, the series still manages to spark some interests from Ubisoft and keep a large audiance, especially since this year we got the Sparks of Hope DLC and a major cameo of Rayman in Captain Laserhawk. As well as the fact that Rayman does have big connections to Nintendo: from the Wii U exclusive Mario costumes in Legends, the fact that the first Raving Rabbids game was made for the Wii in mind, the few Smash 4 and Ultimate cameos to Sparks of Hope.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
No indie reps seems kind of silly when we have lots of indie games that do have large audiences or fan demands like Undertale, Stardew Valley, and Shantae. Plenty of indie games have reached the mainstream and this seems to just limit the potential of the job for no good reason.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
FIGHTER #123: SMASHER

True Name: Artoria Pendragon
Company: Type-Moon
Debut: Fate/stay night (2004)
Universe: Fate/Nasuverse
Class: Smasher
Qualifying Classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Rider, Assassin, Berserker, Ruler, Foreigner​

Artoria Pendragon is a Servant, a Heroic Spirit of a figure from history summoned by a mage for a Holy Grail War, and one of the three heroines of the visual novel video game, Fate/stay night. Ever since her debut in the 2004 PC game, Artoria has been one of the most popular characters in the series.

Why Artoria?
Fate/stay night, surprisingly enough for those who know it better from its anime, got its start as a video game and is one of the most popular visual novels in the world, on par with the likes of Ace Attorney and Danganronpa.

Though some Fate fans on the web would point out its rather...lascivious…first print of the game, it should be noted that later rereleases have been modified to be tamer, removing some overly questionable scenes altogether. Now other characters in the Fate series equal her in popularity such as Astolfo, Mash Kyrielight, and Jeanne d’Arc Alter, but these are either from later games or not even of game origin at all.

As far as the Smash Infinite Beyond roster goes, Artoria would fill a few quotas:
  • She’s a female Fighter, we only have one of those with Krystal.
  • She’s a swordfighter, who we technically have in Saki but that’s more of a gun.
  • She’s from a visual novel. While we do have Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney feels like more of a puzzle game than anything. Fate/stay night feels more in-line with the genre.
  • Artoria is from a company new to Smash, Type-Moon.

How Would She Play?
As a Servant, she possesses Skills, which are innate Servant abilities that can benefit her in battle. In the case of her most popular Servant class, Saber, they are:
  • Magic Resistance: As it states, it is the protection against the effects of magic.
  • Riding: A Skill usually reserved for Rider-class Servants, Saber here actually possesses a decent level of Riding, as knights are described as soldiers proficient at mounted combat.
  • Charisma: An innate charm and ability to command armies, usually reserved for leaders like her. Maybe it could be flavored in here as a taunt?
  • Instinct: The ability to practically see attacks coming and calculate the best possible course of action. This could be a dodge mechanic identical to the likes of Bayonetta and Mythra.
  • Mana Burst: The ability to expel magical energy to augment her abilities. This quite obviously can be her Neutral Special.
There could also be something unique to her: Excalibur, when she was first summoned in the OG Fate/Stay Night, was made invisible using magic wind. This could benefit scare tactics and mind games that she could exploit with her foes, but she could also reveal it to be Excalibur with a Shield B that buffs her damage.

Now you’re wondering why she’s called “Smasher” here instead of her normal class Saber. Here’s the thing: Artoria has had several different versions of her across several Classes, like Lancer, Rider, Caster, and Archer. This is the purpose of her Smasher class: to give her a blend of several abilities across all her possible Servant classes and wrap them up into one simple package instead of sticking exclusively to her Saber class.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Good that goliso submitted Artoria now I can move freely.

JACKPOT

DANTE FROM DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES
Everyone's favorite wacky woohoo pizza man, Dante is a recurrent fan favorite in terms of Smash wishlist and how not? Being influyent in the creation of the Hack n' Slash genre, having an awesome and stylish playstyle that goes around the use of a pletora of weapons to do the flashiest combos and a revival in popularity thanks to the lastest entry in the series Devil May Cry 5. The main concern is usually the violence but the bloodshed in DMC can be easily toned down because it isn't the main thing in the series (the cool factor it is), and the whole demon thing is similar to Castlevania that also has a more violent tone sometimes or Bayonetta so is fair game in general.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Third party submission -
was going to submit rayman but I have another choice and its...

Bomberman!
images.jpg

company - konami
debut - 1983 (original japan release)
series - Bomberman

Why should Bomberman be in smash?
Bomberman would be one of the oldest characters in the roster and also the first konamy rep since simon and richter!

Bomberman has also been a highly requested addition to the roster ever since the introduction of third partys to smash in brawl not to mention that Bomberman is also from a very unconventional style of game (one that I dont think any other character is similar to)

His costume selection would also be very complete and inspired from his games (that being the brothers and maybe even nods to his other original scrapped desings)

Its not like hes forgotten either since he just got a new game this year!

Bomberman has also been featured in fan-made smash games (if we want to take a little inspiration from those)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No indie reps seems kind of silly when we have lots of indie games that do have large audiences or fan demands like Undertale, Stardew Valley, and Shantae. Plenty of indie games have reached the mainstream and this seems to just limit the potential of the job for no good reason.
it was to limit the submission pool for that characters that make sense from a marketing and profit standpoint. Our roster is one the fulfills numerous wants but does also offer unique but we need a character from a franchise with enough universal appeal that is owned by a big name company to be our flagship third party representative for our roster. How we can market this roster with. Especially considering we don’t have the likes of Waluigi, Ridley, Simon, Crash, and so on to do so.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Emi
Character Origin: Dance Dance Revolution 3RDMIX
(1999)

Super Smash Bros. Infinite has collaborated with a lot of pretty iconic companies in order to get to the content we're at today, but here's some food for thought - BEMANI. A subsidiary of Konami, BENAMI's presence in the arcade scene is instantaneously iconic due to long-running series like Pop'n Music, Beatmania and, of course, Dance Dance Revolution. I mean, how much more iconic can you get than the literal god of rhythm games as a genre?

Now, whilst some would argue the series isn't known for its characters, I counter with Emi - pretty much a face of the franchise along with Disco, but also someone who's appeared in other promotional material and even crossed over into the Pop'n Music series. Emi's a generally well-liked character who I think would work pretty well in this role, plus her generally excitable personality and her tendency to practice all kinds of dance moves would make her a lot of fun.

As for moveset... well, I think there's way more potential than you might first expect. For starters, her animations should be mostly made up of different dance moves, albeit much more fluid than Wii Fit Trainer's yoga poses and the like. However, she could also include a variety of different elements in her moveset - for instance, having her Final Smash have her on a DDR pad whilst arrows fall from the sky would be a lot of fun, and she could also have specials with unusual properties, like a powerful windbox using Concent Be-FU or something of the sort. In addition, her various looks from different games, like 5THMIX, could lend to some pretty unique alternate costumes with a distinctive style all of her own!

As our final character for Infinite: Beyond, Emi does a lot here. She's valuable female representation, a representative for a massively iconic company and franchise (with huge arcade and Nintendo pedigree!), someone with a unique genre for Beyond as well as a unique moveset, plenty of potential, and an overall fresh and unique feel compared to anyone else, I'd argue, in the entire roster.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I mean the fact that an obscure Atari character (no offense to the submission itself) is considered eligible but an Undertale character isn't for this job says it all about "marketability" for this restriction. I mean, which one of the two do you think would attract more attention from a marketing standpoint, and yet which of the two is ineligible for the job? Seems silly to limit things solely based on company size and not the power of the character and franchise themselves.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean the fact that an obscure Atari character (no offense to the submission itself) is considered eligible but an Undertale character isn't for this job says it all about "marketability" for this restriction. I mean, which one of the two do you think would attract more attention from a marketing standpoint, and yet which of the two is ineligible for the job? Seems silly to limit things solely based on company size and not the power of the character and franchise themselves.
I have yet to go through the submissions.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yorgle, Grundle, and Rhindle

Pictured: Yorgle. Grundle is green and Rhindle is red.

The iconic dragons from Atari Adventure, one of the most influential video games ever created. They guard important items and attempt to eat the player, they can only be killed with the sword - each of the 3 has their own personality, with Yorgle being the slowest and Rhindle being as fast as the player character. Players have often mistaken the dragons as being ducks or seahorses.

I personally would prefer the square hero, but I think these 3 are a bit of an easier sell to thread on virtue of being well, a creature and not a geometric shape.

There's a lot of ways to go around these three - should they be a trio or alts for one another for instance? If they are alts, should we come up with new dragon names for other colours or just go for shades of red, green, and yellow? Not just that, but their moveset leaves a lot to interpretation - maybe we could do it Game & Watch style and composite all of Atari's first party 2600 games, maybe we could just stick to Adventure and let the dragon fight with chalices; bridges and bats, or we could go for general dragon tropes like breathing fire and hoarding gold with a tiny bit of duck inspo snuck in?

Do I need to justify why Atari should receive a playable fighter? or why Adventure should be the game to represent Atari in this form? I'm not going to do a history lesson, but to sum it up shortly: Adventure is a lot of firsts - chief among them the first action-adventure game - and it is an iconic image of 70s gaming. Atari is one of the most famous game studios of all time, having once held a monopoly over the console market, on the verge of becoming a genericized trademark.

Atari 2600 games, including Adventure, have been released on Nintendo platforms since Atari's Greatest Hits for DS in 2010, while Atari games as a whole have seen release on Nintendo platforms since the Nintendo-published Arcade Classic series in 1995. Atari 50 is a recent release containing Adventure. Atari released versions of Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. in the 80s, and are believed to have originated the concept of Luigi being a coward through one of their commercials
While Atari is indeed infamous, these characters are not and there not eligible based on that alone. Again, the series they are from must be well-known and known within the wider gaming industry with the character being equally well-known and popular as well. This is not a submission to submit niche or relatively unknown characters.

Character Name: Emi
Character Origin: Dance Dance Revolution 3RDMIX
(1999)

Super Smash Bros. Infinite has collaborated with a lot of pretty iconic companies in order to get to the content we're at today, but here's some food for thought - BEMANI. A subsidiary of Konami, BENAMI's presence in the arcade scene is instantaneously iconic due to long-running series like Pop'n Music, Beatmania and, of course, Dance Dance Revolution. I mean, how much more iconic can you get than the literal god of rhythm games as a genre?

Now, whilst some would argue the series isn't known for its characters, I counter with Emi - pretty much a face of the franchise along with Disco, but also someone who's appeared in other promotional material and even crossed over into the Pop'n Music series. Emi's a generally well-liked character who I think would work pretty well in this role, plus her generally excitable personality and her tendency to practice all kinds of dance moves would make her a lot of fun.

As for moveset... well, I think there's way more potential than you might first expect. For starters, her animations should be mostly made up of different dance moves, albeit much more fluid than Wii Fit Trainer's yoga poses and the like. However, she could also include a variety of different elements in her moveset - for instance, having her Final Smash have her on a DDR pad whilst arrows fall from the sky would be a lot of fun, and she could also have specials with unusual properties, like a powerful windbox using Concent Be-FU or something of the sort. In addition, her various looks from different games, like 5THMIX, could lend to some pretty unique alternate costumes with a distinctive style all of her own!

As our final character for Infinite: Beyond, Emi does a lot here. She's valuable female representation, a representative for a massively iconic company and franchise (with huge arcade and Nintendo pedigree!), someone with a unique genre for Beyond as well as a unique moveset, plenty of potential, and an overall fresh and unique feel compared to anyone else, I'd argue, in the entire roster.
I am sorry but DDR is also represented by an Item. The stipulation was that the item would represent that series. Emi also suffers to a slightly less degree of being not as well-known of a character when compared to her series. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
DDR is also represented by an Item. The stipulation was that the item would represent that series. Emi also suffers to a slightly less degree of being not as well-known of a character when compared to her series. If that makes sense.
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding! Do you mind if I work on an alternate submission, with that in mind? :)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding! Do you mind if I work on an alternate submission, with that in mind? :)
yeah that is fine. I should have provided a list of what was acceptable but I’ve been so crunched on free time. I can barely get anything done during the day.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While Atari is indeed infamous, these characters are not and there not eligible based on that alone. Again, the series they are from must be well-known and known within the wider gaming industry with the character being equally well-known and popular as well. This is not a submission to submit niche or relatively unknown characters.
What the hell do you mean "infamous"? Atari and Adventure are more well-known within the wider gaming industry than every character in the fighter passes combined. Spielberg made a movie about Adventure!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What the hell do you mean "infamous"? Atari and Adventure are more well-known within the wider gaming industry than every character in the fighter passes combined. Spielberg made a movie about Adventure!
Famous then. Regardless, it’s still not avcepted

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
it was to limit the submission pool for that characters that make sense from a marketing and profit standpoint. Our roster is one the fulfills numerous wants but does also offer unique but we need a character from a franchise with enough universal appeal that is owned by a big name company to be our flagship third party representative for our roster. How we can market this roster with. Especially considering we don’t have the likes of Waluigi, Ridley, Simon, Crash, and so on to do so.
I mean, the Sans Mii costume sold alot I assume when it came out and gain more attention then Terry himself at the time. Even if Undertale isn't from a big company, it can still work even from an profit standpoint since Undertale is an beloved game for gamers and fans alike. It's basically mainstream as it can get for a indie game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yet again, how is Yorgle niche or obscure? This is a character from a major, influential release from an era when it's company had a literal monopoly.
View attachment 379531View attachment 379532
It doesn’t matter. It’s still not accepted. The character itself is not popular. We are just focusing on characters that has marketing appeal due to being from big name companies and have a pivotal role within the gaming industry. Would Atari Adventure be open for a different non-character submission? Sure! As a character submission, no. Take it or leave it.

I mean, the Sans Mii costume sold alot I assume when it came out and gain more attention then Terry himself at the time. Even if Undertale isn't from a big company, it can still work even from an profit standpoint since Undertale is an beloved game for gamers and fans alike. It's basically mainstream as it can get for a indie game.
I was a bit hesitant on Undertale because I know it’s popular but I know people would get salty due to exceptions so I black listed indie altogether.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
due to being from big name companies and have a pivotal role within the gaming industry.
I mean, Atari almost became a genericised trademark - so that's about as big a name as you can get - and Adventure is believed to be the first graphical RPG. It fits both of those roles better than anyone in the real Smash not named Mario. Plus, old people exist. 70s nostalgia still sells.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
yeah that is fine. I should have provided a list of what was acceptable but I’ve been so crunched on free time. I can barely get anything done during the day.
Thanks ever so much - and that's quite alright, I'm so sorry to hear you're overworked like this! If ever you need a break, I'm sure we'll all understand.

Character Name: Dural
Character Origin: Virtua Fighter
(1993)

Whilst Akira is already here in the form of an Assist Trophy (ported over from Ultimate, presumably), the fact that SEGA was up for consideration gave me a little inspiration (even if I was originally going to add a Phantasy Star character.) Virtua Fighter is a ridiculously important series in gaming history, practically creating the 3D fighting genre, seismically shifting the fifth generation of consoles, and becoming an icon of the Japanese arcade scene to the point that the first game's legacy can still be felt to this day.

Though, if Akira's off the table, who to add? Well... why not everyone?

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but Dural is actually a pretty interesting choice for exactly this reason. Featuring in every game in the franchise as a late-stage or endgame boss, Dural is seen by many as the series' antagonist - made all the more interesting by the fact that she has the ability to copy the fighters she goes up against, allowing us to represent all kinds of famous attacks from the Virtua Fighter series in a pretty unusual package.

Bear in mind, Dural's also a villain - and given our only villains in this roster are technically Louie and Shadow (both of whom are... questionable in that regard), I think this would give her a unique presence. She also represents a fresh take on a genre we already have, a massively popular series with plenty of pedigree, and a genuinely pretty interesting moveset that could really encapsulate her robotic, inhuman feel. I think she'd be cool.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks ever so much - and that's quite alright, I'm so sorry to hear you're overworked like this! If ever you need a break, I'm sure we'll all understand.

Character Name: Dural
Character Origin: Virtua Fighter
(1993)

Whilst Akira is already here in the form of an Assist Trophy (ported over from Ultimate, presumably), the fact that SEGA was up for consideration gave me a little inspiration (even if I was originally going to add a Phantasy Star character.) Virtua Fighter is a ridiculously important series in gaming history, practically creating the 3D fighting genre, seismically shifting the fifth generation of consoles, and becoming an icon of the Japanese arcade scene to the point that the first game's legacy can still be felt to this day.

Though, if Akira's off the table, who to add? Well... why not everyone?

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but Dural is actually a pretty interesting choice for exactly this reason. Featuring in every game in the franchise as a late-stage or endgame boss, Dural is seen by many as the series' antagonist - made all the more interesting by the fact that she has the ability to copy the fighters she goes up against, allowing us to represent all kinds of famous attacks from the Virtua Fighter series in a pretty unusual package.

Bear in mind, Dural's also a villain - and given our only villains in this roster are technically Louie and Shadow (both of whom are... questionable in that regard), I think this would give her a unique presence. She also represents a fresh take on a genre we already have, a massively popular series with plenty of pedigree, and a genuinely pretty interesting moveset that could really encapsulate her robotic, inhuman feel. I think she'd be cool.
Akira is fine. I said that any content that isn’t not included from previous content including assist trophies added into the game previously are eligible. This is why we have Shadow and Saki.

I allow myself to be overworked. It’s helps me get through the day but when I work a 8 hour job but then have another job to go to, I get stretched thin but I desperately need the money. It also affects my mood and makes me extremely irritable. I’ve more or less lost a lot of my friend and family over there course of the year.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jaina (Warcraft)

Jaina Proudmoore is one of the most famous characters from World Of Warcraft

Jaina is a powerful Ice Mage who first appeared back in Warcraft 3. This would make her not only our first RTS character but also our first MMO character.

In terms of gameplay she has access to many ice abilities and is also shown to heavily use Water Elemental in her combat.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Character Name: Master Chief
Character Origin: Halo (2001)

Master Chief aka John-117 is an SPARTAN-II Soldier who had saved all life in the galaxy more then once. Bu he is also an lead character of an franchise that helped usher in the online age for consoles thanks to Xbox Live. DOOM had defined the FPS genre but Halo revolutionized it. In the past, its easy to make the case that Master Chief would be seen as impossible due to Microsoft being an console rival to Nintendo.

But in recent years, the two had worked together that led to Banjo and Steve getting in Smash. And in Infinite, Crash who recently became an Xbox IP now is here too. So someone like Chief who fully comes from Microsoft would bring all of them to an full circle. And Chief has technically appeared in the Switch version of Fortnite if that counts as an Nintendo appearance.

As for moveset, Master Chief would be an heavywight fighter that uses large array of different weapons and would prioritize positioning to his advantage like his home series.. His powerful moves and kill potential will make up for a lack of combo with him being an grounded-type character. However, this would mean his disavantage is that if an fighter gets close enough to him then Chief will def be in trouble but as long a Chief player can take full advantage of his moveset and stage around them. They will feel like Super-Soldier in Smash Bros.

Master Chief in general would be a very good final fighter for Infinite Beyond to end on due to being an highly-requested character near the end of Ultimate's DLC lifespain ever since Banjo and Steve got into Smash. To the point that an Chief's reveal would be "hype" as Sora's reveal. Chief may finally join the likes of Mario, Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, etc as an Gaming Icon.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Character Name: Arcueid Brunestud
Character Origin:
Tsukihime (2000)

Arcueid is the Moon Princess created by a godly vampire race called True Ancestors as a living weapon to hunt down rogue Ancestors, teaming up with Shiki Tohno in the progress.

Other then Fate, Tsukihime is also an franchise from Type-Moon that has is slowly becoming mainstream with the release of the remake on the Nintendo Switch along with English localization coming next year and their fighting game series Melty Blood. With its importance being seen as three miracles of doujinshi next to Higurashi and Touhou. Arcueid is the main heroine and mascot of Tsukihime who can generate an interesting playstyle.

Her moveset can easily take inspiration from her series of fighting games: Melty Blood where she can act as an stance fighter who can overwhelm her opponents with direct assault with combos and incoming wide projectiles from her bare hands. But she is rather light-weighted, allowing her opponents to possibly take her out easily if she doesn't go aggressive enough.

She fills in some of the qouta for the special last third-party rep for Infinite Beyond and make for a pretty special surprise as well. Possibly up there with Joker from Persona 5.
I want to see Neco Arc appearing as an taunt

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Chell (Portal)

undefined

Chell is the main protagonist of Portal, a puzzle platform game series by Valve. The Portal series has received universal acclaim for its revolutionary gameplay and has sold millions of copies bringing lots of marketability and a large fanbase, with the second game being considered one of the greatest games of all time. The series has recently had ports to Nintendo Switch as well, allowing Switch owners to enjoy the games too. Chell herself brings an interesting moveset based around the portal gun that has tons of potential. On top of all these positives, Chell also checks off numerous representation issues we have in the roster for Beyond, she is a female character, in fact one of the more iconic female lead characters in gaming. She also hails from a new company that has been unrepresented in the roster so far (if memory serves correctly), being Valve, an iconic company in it of itself. Since Valve is Western, she also happens to be an American owned IP, another missing element in the Beyond roster. Finally, she is from a puzzle game, which has relatively low representation in the roster compared to most other genres. All in all, Chell would be a great selection to cap off Infinite Beyond.

Last edited:
Top Bottom