• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Dart!

Smash Master
LOL biggest john ever. maybe brawl improves your melee game a bit. but guess what??

MELEE makes you better at MELEE!! a helluva lot more than BRAWL does!

If you wanna get better at melee, play melee! wow at your lack of logic Jay...

How can you guys still defend brawl?? The game has very little competitive value, its boring as ****, and the community is so immature and stupid its ridiculous. Have you ever read a brawl thread?? its like being in high school. **** that garbage.

@Alan: thanks for having my back XD!
U mad bro? i'm pretty sure he knew that. brawl can help a little bit...that's what he's saying.

Tink

Smash Hero
mk = melee fox? LOLLL woww....cause foxes are constantly winning touranments? cause fox's have no ways to get gimped on recovery?

and i wasnt talking about attendance for brawl, as i assumed you knew -_-, but the major hype it created for melee....ive never seen that much hype for any game other then the finals of evo events -_-.

m2k vs brood? are you kidding me? as a melee player that wasss watching the brawl matches on the stream, i had to shut it off -_-. it was stupid that i had to watch him time out ally -_-. thats first hand experience of how bad it was -_-.

and Hbox lolll...even if it was Hbox vs mango or someone fun to watch, ppl would have walked away....alot of ppl dont like watching hungrybox play....i think it just reminds them of brawl is all -_-.

Dart!

Smash Master
Genesis had more Brawl entrants.
People didn't leave when M2K was timing out Brood in Apex, but they did during Armada vs Hungrybox.

As for MK, he isn't an autowin character, results already prove that. People who place well with MK deserve it. Name one who doesn't.
There's ALOT of MKs at the both of tourney results, hmm, could those ppl the scrubs ur talking about? :p

Imo, MK = Melee Fox
Looks like i'ma have to bring up that quote about opinions being like asses
we all have one and alot of them stink

BunBun

Smash Master
My problem with Brawl is that unless we use items, or do (Teams, BMoves only, 30% stamina (or 60% if you random select)) it's just not fun for me =(

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
imo MK is more like Dr. mario. Down B is tornado. Both UpB's are broken. etc.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Anthony knows what's up. Doc's down B is just as broken as MK's nado ;P

And Josh...man, first I hear about you rubbing another dude's nipples while in Purdue, now you're talking about arses. We all know for a **** fact women are a rarity ESPECIALLY in MW, so you're talking about men's ***** here, mad homo. Makes me question if you canceling Smash tonight for a girl was really over a girl ;P

'Fro

Smash Lord
lol what personal attacks
I would say stuff like "Take your lips off of M2K's ****" is unnecessary, but that's just me.

Also, you're trying to preach something to a community that just does not enjoy Brawl. Regardless of how the game is different, regardless of what kinds of things are required to be good at the game, and regardless of how it has improved, this is the bottom line for SSBO: We are a Melee community that has chosen Melee over Brawl. We have found what we enjoy doing more after trying our hand at both. Even after the session I had with you and Carl, I still knew what I liked better.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Genesis had more Brawl entrants.
People didn't leave when M2K was timing out Brood in Apex, but they did during Armada vs Hungrybox.

As for MK, he isn't an autowin character, results already prove that. People who place well with MK deserve it. Name one who doesn't.
There's ALOT of MKs at the both of tourney results, hmm, could those ppl the scrubs ur talking about? :p

Imo, MK = Melee Fox
i promise you 100% of melee players who walked away from armada vs hbox walked away for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. Hbox plays gay
2. When you watch a melee match, you expect ****. watching a match time-out is the opposite of your expectations, and it might remnd you of brawl.

as oppossed to brawl where i (and i'm not the only one [and it is completely warranted]) fully expect every match to possibly end in a time-out. ESPECIALLY matches with $$$ on the line.

and i forgot about how fox has won the most important recent tournaments like APEX, Pound 4, and Genesis.

had alot of respect for you until this.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I would say stuff like "Take your lips off of M2K's ****" is unnecessary, but that's just me.

Also, you're trying to preach something to a community that just does not enjoy Brawl. Regardless of how the game is different, regardless of what kinds of things are required to be good at the game, and regardless of how it has improved, this is the bottom line for SSBO: We are a Melee community that has chosen Melee over Brawl. We have found what we enjoy doing more after trying our hand at both. Even after the session I had with you and Carl, I still knew what I liked better.
I was joking around when I said that :p. I'm not trying to get anyone to play it. I'm just trying to tell people how it's helped my melee game and no one is listening. It's just frustrating when everyone says I'm bad and don't know what I'm talking about.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I was joking around when I said that :p. I'm not trying to get anyone to play it. I'm just trying to tell people how it's helped my melee game and no one is listening. It's just frustrating when everyone says I'm bad and don't know what I'm talking about.
I was going to edit this into my previous post, but just to clarify, I didn't think George's description of the Brawl community was warranted, either.

I acknowledge what you're saying, and I see how it might have happened. It just so happened you did what you did in a way that is counter-intuitive. On the other hand, I don't have any technical fall-backs with either character I play, so I've had to learn stuff playing the actual game I intended to play all along. That's all I have on it from my end, and I can't speak for anyone else.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
99% of Melee players in the MW are bad though.

edit/ I think I need to make another big post in the near future...

I need to clarification on several topics about MW Melee players. My last post was primarily trying to get people to get better at the game, but I don't know who has the mindset to do so.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm just trying to tell people how it's helped my melee game and no one is listening. It's just frustrating when everyone says I'm bad and don't know what I'm talking about.
I often just try to tell people how weed has helped my melee game and no one is listening. It's just frustrating when everyone says I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
mk = melee fox? LOLLL woww....cause foxes are constantly winning touranments?
MK obviously isn't lol

However, are you going to tell me that Foxes don't generally do well?
and i wasnt talking about attendance for brawl, as i assumed you knew -_-, but the major hype it created for melee....ive never seen that much hype for any game other then the finals of evo events -_-.
I wouldn't say that. It's just that Genesis was basically the "omg, finally a big melee tourney" for many guys ---> bias.
Nevertheless, Brawl is running the general Smash tournament scene, no johns.

m2k vs brood? are you kidding me? as a melee player that wasss watching the brawl matches on the stream, i had to shut it off -_-. it was stupid that i had to watch him time out ally -_-. thats first hand experience of how bad it was -_-.
It was a horrible set, when did I say it was good?

I was saying that horrible set got more people watching it... and had a more hyped crowd then Armada vs Hbox.
and i forgot about how fox has won the most important recent tournaments like APEX, Pound 4, and Genesis.
Why is it necessary for a Fox to win? Especially if everything said about MK is false.
Is consistently placing well enough / leaving a presence in tournament brackets ... not enough?
I'm just saying, Fox/MK are the best in their games but not autowin.

Also guys, I know Melee>Brawl. Every Brawl event I attended in NJ I ended up playing Melee 80% of the time.
I'm saying it's better game vs not as good game. Not good game vs bad game.

I don't see why Melee players have to make themselves look like *******s. There's Brawl players interested in picking up Melee that eventually decide not to because of this ******** ****. Both communities are pretty ****ty. 64 community I actually have respect for. Except for that Dylan ****** xD

Smash is smash; all 3 of them are good games.

Also keep in mind this started because George randomly bashed a game he doesn't even play.

Tink

Smash Hero
look at the top 8s for the last few major melee tournaments....theres like, 1, maybeee 2 foxes up there......now lets look at brawl tournaments lolll...MK reigns supreme in top 8s. everywhere.

also, didnt genesis get well under what they were expecting for melee? i mean, weve had plenty of hugeee melee tournaments heh.

and the m2k thing......i dont get your point...i could see if they were both grand finals sets, sure....but they wernt.....nobody likes watching Hbox play....this is nothinggg new heh. but im sure there was more hype for m2k vs armada(LF) as brood vs m2k(LF)......just because you have a bigger community, doesnt mean its more hype -_-.

but back on topic...this is a melee thread, why we even talking about bawrl <_<?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I like zelda
cosmooo teach me zeldaa <3
more dsmash. its soooo good.

zelda's sooooooo broken
yep

vids being uploaded.
nice. :)

I need to clarification on several topics about MW Melee players. My last post was primarily trying to get people to get better at the game, but I don't know who has the mindset to do so.
all I do is try to get better. everybody else should too. game is too fun

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
ALL I DO IS MELEE.

well let me rephrase that, ALL I WOULD DO IS MELEE IF THERE WERE MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE WHO PLAYED IN MY CITY, AND THE OTHER 2 ARE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL SO THEY JOHN ALOT. IF THEY DIDN'T, ALL I WOULD BE DOING IS MELEE.

kirkq

Smash Ace
ALL I WOULD DO IS MELEE IF THERE WERE MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE WHO PLAYED IN MY CITY, AND THE OTHER 2 ARE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL SO THEY JOHN ALOT. IF THEY DIDN'T, ALL I WOULD BE DOING IS MELEE.
If you took out the attempts at punctuating, I would've thought Voorhese was posting. Maybe you'd need to add something about Limitz for extra emphasis.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
look at the top 8s for the last few major melee tournaments....theres like, 1, maybeee 2 foxes up there......now lets look at brawl tournaments lolll...MK reigns supreme in top 8s. everywhere.
Show me these major Brawl tournaments with MKs dominating top 8.
and the m2k thing......i dont get your point...i could see if they were both grand finals sets, sure....but they wernt.....nobody likes watching Hbox play....this is nothinggg new heh. but im sure there was more hype for m2k vs armada(LF) as brood vs m2k(LF)......just because you have a bigger community, doesnt mean its more hype -_-.
There wasn't, if you were there, you would have seen that Brood vs M2K had more hype then even M2K vs Armada.
Dehf vs Brood GF was unmatched at Apex in hypeness.
The argument about brood vs m2k having more viewers:
Armada vs Mango at Genesis had the entire room of 800+ people watching except for 1 TV playing brawl.
ok?
Should I mention the Pound 4 melee GF to brawl GF? I'm sure those puff dittos were hella hyped.

Melee is a better game but I don't see how it isn't obvious more people like and play Brawl.

If you saw people at MLG event (notice how I don't have to specify that it's Brawl?), then you'd know what's up. These alone are bigger then any Melee only tourney. Personally, I too would never go to one of those, rooting for RoM3 to the fullest, but just saying.

You think Brawl players go around bashing Melee randomly? Please don't count the trolls and noobies. If anything, they are defending themselves from the random hate Melee players give them. And you know the root of the Brawl hate? Not just because Melee is definitely better, it's because of the success of Brawl and it just makes Melee players more angry I guess. Most Brawl players (who matter) either 1) acknowledges Melee is better, 2) respects Melee, or 3) know they have no right to even talk about Melee.
He was a huge troll on the 64 forums : / I'll try to find some links to his posts or something lol

Dart!

Smash Master
Show me these major Brawl tournaments with MKs dominating top 8.

There wasn't, if you were there, you would have seen that Brood vs M2K had more hype then even M2K vs Armada.
Dehf vs Brood GF was unmatched at Apex in hypeness.

ok?
Should I mention the Pound 4 melee GF to brawl GF? I'm sure those puff dittos were hella hyped.

Melee is a better game but I don't see how it isn't obvious more people like and play Brawl.

If you saw people at MLG event (notice how I don't have to specify that it's Brawl?), then you'd know what's up. These alone are bigger then any Melee only tourney. Personally, I too would never go to one of those, rooting for RoM3 to the fullest, but just saying.

You think Brawl players go around bashing Melee randomly? Please don't count the trolls and noobies. If anything, they are defending themselves from the random hate Melee players give them. And you know the root of the Brawl hate? Not just because Melee is definitely better, it's because of the success of Brawl and it just makes Melee players more angry I guess. Most Brawl players (who matter) either 1) acknowledges Melee is better, 2) respects Melee, or 3) know they have no right to even talk about Melee.

He was a huge troll on the 64 forums : / I'll try to find some links to his posts or something lol
the fact that this stupid *** debate about 2 different games is going on is proof of how mature some people are. seriously no one reply to this guy...can we move on now?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Move on to what? This kinda **** isn't new material for the history of SSBO thread debates. This is essentially the "Purdue Social Smashbrs thread".

When me and Jayford started playing with the Brawl guys, we got them to finally to play Melee and become interested in it's competitive metagame. Before that, they even admitted they thought all Melee players were just *******s and wouldn't bother reaching out. Seeing Brawl players learn Melee = dope, at least to me...

I don't see why people have to divide the communities to such extremes. At one of Inui's Brawl tourneys I went to, I had a freaking crowd of brawl players just watching me, Magus, and Dire playing friendlies and giving props. It's possible for the hate to end lol. I want Melee players to also look good, that's how much I like Melee.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
cmon guys stop fighting, and watch this vid of what i would look like if i played drums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E&feature=related
voorhese!

And I'm pretty sure this debated has followed the exact same arguments, in order, as the last two I remember.

If we're going to debate talk about politics or something useful. How do you feel about daniels running for prez? I think obama will win anyway, but I'd sure rather have daniels than any other republican or tea-party candidate I've seen.

Also, oral assessments are my new favorite part of spanish class. you just talk in spanish with people, so easy.

Falcon is fast. Now that I've figured out how to play him better, with a few hours of practice I will be much improved. Sorry for not showing up chris, I totally forgot I had to mow this huge lawn after work. I got done at like 7:00 and was too tired to smash.

I'm pretty hyped for jason to tell us how it is again.

Dart!

Smash Master
Move on to what? This kinda **** isn't new material for the history of SSBO thread debates. This is essentially the "Purdue Social Smashbrs thread".

When me and Jayford started playing with the Brawl guys, we got them to finally to play Melee and become interested in it's competitive metagame. Before that, they even admitted they thought all Melee players were just *******s and wouldn't bother reaching out. Seeing Brawl players learn Melee = dope, at least to me...

I don't see why people have to divide the communities to such extremes. At one of Inui's Brawl tourneys I went to, I had a freaking crowd of brawl players just watching me, Magus, and Dire playing friendlies and giving props. It's possible for the hate to end lol. I want Melee players to also look good, that's how much I like Melee.
why didn't you say this first instead of comparing MK to melee fox?

Top Bottom