• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

ORLY

Smash Master
I am going to become a Falco exterminator. Watch out, Purdue!

Shout outs later when I have a computer.

darkatma

Smash Hero
that bowser had nothing on marth though :pPPPP.....this touranment was too much fun...will post shoutouts soon.

we got alot of good sets recorded too....looking forward to me vs england/atma/cosmo =))).
i am looking forward to seeing how i got consistently 3 stocked =[
i really wanted to improve the sheik at the tourney though

also cosmo was probably laughing his *** off when i went sheik
stupid luke =[

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Anyone up for Smash today?

Err...who has a setup of course. Me no have gaem.
I has .... no ... wait ... Fro has it.

I have been encouraged there WILL be smash sometime today,
And that I'm to be patient and stop bothering people who have better things to do because really, no one appreciates my sense for numbers, and calling someone every couple of minutes incrementing with the Fibonacci sequence takes longer to set up than it does to stop being funny.

voorhese

Smash Master
this controller thing is so ****ing frustrating, i want to break every controller i try to use, cuz i cant move the same like AT ALL

kirkq

Smash Ace
1: Tink - Props on overcoming my mad trash talk
2: Cosmo - Awesome friendlies, solid tournament matches. I'm going to analyze our (stupid campy) tournament sets when they get uploaded. I was having trouble coming up with a profitable strategy during the 8 minutes we were hopping around. I have some ideas for next time already, but I think I can find some more. Your playstyle with zelda is awesome, and you successfully shut down some of my best camping play in quite a while.
3: darkatma - You destroyed me in pools. I think I can give you better matches in the future, but you definitely outplay me. Matching your internet personality to your actual personality is pretty hilarious.
4: Andale - Good friendlies. I was really impressed with your falco v falco combos. You were chaining unique strings of moves that I didn't even know were possible. Also, On-duh-lay or An-dale?, no one was agreeing.
5: ORLY - I played pretty weakly on KJ64. I really felt that I should've had you on what should've been a poor counterpick by you, but I definitely was unable to engage my mind well enough to deserve to win. GGs for sure though. I still got 5th after losing to you, and everyone above me is better than me, so it probably wasn't even relevant.
5: Kirkq - '04 represent.
7: Goosefactor - First you lose to Voorhese, and then you give Little England the business. You and I probably both need to work on our composure during tournament matches. Your marth has improved every time I watch you play. Just always play like you're dictating the pace of the match.
7: Dart - The set is all a blur. The only thing I remember was stringing together some stupid Kirkq combo with a down tilt in the middle and almost killing myself afterward. It's not often that I am able to get so mentally involved in a tournament set, which is what I need to overcome in order to become a better player.
9: Little England - You shouldn't be placing lower than me, losing to people that I beat. Your character control is easily 5 times better than mine, you just need to work on more patient approaches I think.
9: Vro - You beat me legit in a money match. GGs
9: Voorhese - The midwest legend. You beat goose in pools dude.
9: 'Fro - If you had played our matches with a bit more creativity you may have beaten me. It seems like you get a bit lazy assuming that the match is already lost. I'm falco. I die at 0. Find way to make me die at 0 instead of playing standard.
13: iamthemicrowave - Joonz
13: Lanceinthepants - Nice to see these young falco players ruining the metagame for everyone else
13: Bees - I'm gonna say you should stop playing bowser for a while. It's really hard to get a feel for high level play when you rely mostly on up b out of shield and forward tilt edgeguards. You'll only be able to beat people who make mistakes all the time, which doesn't help you get any better as a player.
13: Tomacawk - Stop getting high before singles, it just makes you suck. Seriously, your play was dull as hell. You forfeited any sort of creativity and quick thinking that would've been necessary to give me an actual match.
17: DeeZ NutZ - You drunk *** mother****er.
17: Reneblade - I don't think we've ever played. I'm a top tier trash talker if you were unaware. Good stuff with the recording setup.
17: Phil - Didn't play you. I'm an ***.
17: Rintintin - You probably need to focus more on a higher tier character and developing faster tech skill if you intend to improve. If that doesn't really matter to you, it's still good to see you around.

I really feel like I'd be a more consistent player if I was able to fully engage my mind and play with flair in every set that mattered. I'm satisfied with my play lately, best in quite some time.

ORLY

Smash Master
1: Tink ($60.00) - WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MAKING **** BERZERRRKER
2: Cosmo ($30.00) - I'll get ya' next time, Cosmo! That Zelda can't outrun me forever!
3: Pink Shinobi (darkatma) ($10.00)
- Our friendlies before singles pools were fun. I wish we had met in bracket!
4: Andale - Aw, Andayel. Your Falco is precise and fun to fight against. I'ma have to destrooooy you next time, boy!
5: ORLY - lol u lost 2 zelda wtf falcon raeps hur
5: Kirkq - "I gotta get past you to steamroll through bracket!" Looks like you did just fine without the win!
7: Goosefactor - Good job against Jason, Goosey! You were playin' pretty hot.
7: Dart - teems 4 lyfe. Watching the videos, there are times where we play seamlessly around each other and it's so pretty. Try to make it to Sveet's!
9: Giant Britain (Little England) - Round 2 was post-poned for now. You had your chance and you blew it against Goose!
9: Vro - That Falcon Kick was the worst way we've ever had a set end. Next time, Cary!
9: Voorhese - ****in' Vorheese, man. You were fun to play against in pools, aside from that slick suicide on Dream Land. My favorite part of our matches was the down-air > phantom knee > jab reset > upsmash. Hahahahah, ****in' vorheese.
9: 'Fro - We didn't even play in bracket! Highest placing Samus! What whaaaaaat
13: iamthemicrowave - George! I was a little surprised as well how well Dart and I tore you and L.Eng up in teams.. I gotta watch those matches once ReneChris uploads them.
13: Danceintheplants (Lanceinthepants) - Your Falco has gotten better since we last played! Keep up the work and start wailin' all over everybody.
13: Bees - BOOOOOOOOWSERRRRRRRR BOOOOOOOOOWSERRRRRRRRR. Props for still staying with Bowser, no matter what happens. Do I remember correctly that you took a game offa George? I gotta get that run-down.
13: Tomacawk - I saw your game against Cosmo in winner's bracket. You took the first game and then it all fell apart! You gotta keep your cool and, like Cunning says, analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your opponent. Smash 'em up!
17: DeeZ NutZ - How much whiskey did you drink, anyway? I don't remember seeing you without a cup in your hand.
17: Reneblade - ReneChris! We should play tons and tons and get your Falcon to Darkrain level. Falcon brothers fo' lyfe <3
17: Phil - Phil = Nuris? What happened! Third in teams and didn't make it out of singles pools? That ain't right, son!
17: Rintintin - Pool 4 was the best pool. WHO WANTS TO FIGHT ABOUT IT? FOOTBALLLLLL

So fun, this one. A new catch phrase emerged from it (and perhaps a new name for Falcon's running attack?) and I got to play a sweet movie theme-based game on the ride home. See ya'll maybe sometime in October! The next one conflicts with a local IL tournament, so I won't be there. Good luck, guys!

voorhese

Smash Master
9: Voorhese - ****in' Vorheese, man. You were fun to play against in pools, aside from that slick suicide on Dream Land. My favorite part of our matches was the down-air > phantom knee > jab reset > upsmash. Hahahahah, ****in' vorheese.
well ur the only person i lost to in pools, and the only person i suicided against >_<
my favorite part was when i shine baired ur *** out of my shield son

voorhese

Smash Master
lol^ at least they just dont say "****in tomacawk" and dont really say anything else but ur good and bad at the same time >_<

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
4: Andale - Good friendlies. I was really impressed with your falco v falco combos. You were chaining unique strings of moves that I didn't even know were possible. Also, On-duh-lay or An-dale?, no one was agreeing.
its pronounced On-dah-lay. But ORLY likes saying An-Dale xD

voorhese

Smash Master
AnDaLe you know what i just thought of... our match in crew battles was the last match i played...and also the worst...maybe YOU ARE THE REASON MY CONTROLLER IS BROKEN, or my controller might have been ****in up during our shenanagins..no johns ( i cant di that **** anyway), just sayin.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
more vidsss....teams pools suckkk!
I know >.> I just bugged Renechris about it I don't have class tomorrow so I was hoping to use tonight to watch vids and tomorrow to do homework
but instead I'll waste all my time tonight and hope they get uploaded tomorrow

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
in 2008 there was teh_spammerer vs vidjogamer

in 2009 there was pink shinobi vs rockcrock

2010... i present to you... cosmo vs kirkq

a match for the ages

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
17: Rintintin - You probably need to focus more on a higher tier character and developing faster tech skill if you intend to improve. If that doesn't really matter to you, it's still good to see you around.
I finally get my *** off of bottom tier, and you're already hasslin' me up to top!
Don't worry, at the rate I'm going, I'll be trying to main fox by next year. XD

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Please change the date from october 23rd to another time. HD remix is on that day. you are only hurting both tournaments that weekend. Thanks.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Please change the date from october 23rd to another time. HD remix is on that day. you are only hurting both tournaments that weekend. Thanks.
lol. there is MAYBE only 1 person that even knows how to play HDR in our smash crew. Could u send me the link to that thread, though? I know some people that might be interested.

october 23rd... september 25th?
huh?
There's an SSBO on October 23, check the First post.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
False. These are our regional biweeklies, and they are really centered around purdues community. Our attendance has been awesome lately but that is because there is a lack of Midwest tourneys. Our October 23rd event will have no impact on that tournament.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
False. These are our regional biweeklies, and they are really centered around purdues community. Our attendance has been awesome lately but that is because there is a lack of Midwest tourneys. Our October 23rd event will have no impact on that tournament.
But you could all instead go to HD2 which is solely a melee tournament that will be big on the 23rd.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
But you could all instead go to HD2 which is solely a melee tournament that will be big on the 23rd.
My post was a quick post from my phone last night, so I didnt address the point that there is a good portion of people here who wouldn't travel for a tournament. Personally, I'd be down to go if we had some car(s) that would be willing to go, but there are people who would not want to go and still participate in our biweekly.

Top Bottom