• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i hate to do you like this guys, but the vids will be slow coming this time with Reach coming out earlier today.

I'll try to upload mostly during the day inbetween classes. but once i get home it will be homework or Reach for about a week.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
of course i played halo 3

Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3

but other than the obvious, Reach feels and looks the most like Halo 1 since Halo 1.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Anthony: Amazing tournament. It went very smoothly. I hope we can have more like this is the near future. I hope we can play some more as well. I learn a lot about the mental game when I play you.
Tink: Nice to finally meet you. GGs all around. Good **** grabbing Zelda. lol
Cosmo: I wish we could have played more friendlies. I don't like that I only got to play one until crews and then you guys had to leave.
Darkatma: hi..lol
Andale: Nice to meet you too. Your rests are dumb. lol The black people at BWW were definitely staring me down though. You probably missed it.
ORLY: Why did we not play? >____>
Kirkq: Good stuff this tournament. You finally beat Dart lol. I agree with you. Overall, I'm just really bad at calculating approaches. I used to play really campy, and now I play all aggro and whatnot. It's something I have to work on.
Goosefactor: BEASTED ME! No matter what you say, that win was 100% legit.
Dart: I'll never let it go. What you did at the BWW was soooo homo lol
Giant Britain (Little England): freakin NOOB! :mad:
Vro: Nice to meetcha.
Voorhese: Stop pushing so many buttons. Work smarter not harder lol
'Fro: LEARN Sheik.
iamthemicrowave: We did much better this time for sure. Raaaaaped our pool lol. Let's play more on weekends dude.
Danceintheplants (Lanceinthepants): You're improving really quickly. I'm impressed.:p
Bees: BOWSER! :bowser: lol
Tomacawk: GGs man. Good job in teams.
DeeZ NutZ: Thanks for cheering me on in my matches man! I really appreciate the support! :)
Reneblade: Nice to meet you. Come again. Upload the vids while you're playing Reach or doing homework. That works too u'know lol.
Phil: Fun team friendlies. Thanks for the practice. It was nice to meet you too.
Rintintin: Doc....is just mediocre. lol

Dart!

Smash Master
Eyyy Josh, you talking about housing people for HD Remix next month? If so, I wanna go so long as there isn't any Halloween-esque parties going on that weekend.
So basically you're going to semi confirm yourself and then john out when a girl asks you to go to a party even though you made these plans first right?

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...mann...u said something first josh :p.....gooey might as well go to brawl with all these johns hes giving....sounds like what a brawl player would say/do....melee's a lifestyle son!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
hahaha "bad player" is not a comeback when you've been referred to as a WoW and barwl player.

sorry.

<3 :-D
They're good games, I don't mind :p

edit: Neither of you gave brawl a chance btw.

Alan, you used to like 64 more then Melee, and at the time, you still kinda played melee (I mean, you had a techy Falco. You had to of been playing it a bit). It was only until you took the game seriously that you began to actually find out it's good/better.

You quit brawl once you lost to people you **** in Melee and the game was still like, a week old at the time -_-.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I quit Brawl after skipping school the day it came out to play it
it doesn't take long to realize a game sucks and has no competitive value
I skipped school for Halo 3, as well, and I immediately hated it and knew that it lacked the competitive values or Halo 1 and 2
I really don't think a lot of time spent with a game is necessary to evaluate its characteristics. If you know what to look for, you will find it (or find that it is not present).

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Brawl makes you better at melee. No joke. You guys should try it sometime.
LOL biggest john ever. maybe brawl improves your melee game a bit. but guess what??

MELEE makes you better at MELEE!! a helluva lot more than BRAWL does!

If you wanna get better at melee, play melee! wow at your lack of logic Jay...

How can you guys still defend brawl?? The game has very little competitive value, its boring as ****, and the community is so immature and stupid its ridiculous. Have you ever read a brawl thread?? its like being in high school. **** that garbage.

@Alan: thanks for having my back XD!

Jayford

Smash Lord
LOL biggest john ever. maybe brawl improves your melee game a bit. but guess what??

MELEE makes you better at MELEE!! a helluva lot more than BRAWL does!

If you wanna get better at melee, play melee! wow at your lack of logic Jay...
Nah, Brawl forces your reading skills to improve because there is no tech skill or combos. So the only way to do stuff is to predict and punish. In melee you can always fall back on tech skill and combos. Where as Brawl it's mostly all a mental game. Still melee > brawl.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i agree with jayford to an extent. but i hate the mobility and spacing game of brawl because everything is basically fighting on FD and platforms are mostly just a distraction. No mobility from them.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How can you guys still defend brawl?? The game has very little competitive value,
Bigger tournaments with more hype then games better than it
its boring as ****,
Jigglypuff is cool.
and the community is so immature and stupid its ridiculous. Have you ever read a brawl thread?? its like being in high school. **** that garbage.
You're ********. Do you really have no clue of how the Melee community and smashboards was like before Brawl? The only thing that happened here is that the idiots moved onto the newer game. New kids are obviously going to look at the current game with a bigger scene.

Also these games have ****ing pokemon and Mario in it. You're already immature for playing it.

Lol, but seriously, Smash attracts noobs/idiots in general. Since Brawl is the current game... guess which part of the forums they're gonna go?

And again, if you could, look back at what the forums where like way before Brawl. Hell, look at my old posts.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Nah, Brawl forces your reading skills to improve because there is no tech skill or combos. So the only way to do stuff is to predict and punish. In melee you can always fall back on tech skill and combos. Where as Brawl it's mostly all a mental game. Still melee > brawl.
"Nah, Brawl forces your reading skills to improve because there is no tech skill or combos. "

False that. you are confusing correlation with causation. theres no proof that lack of tech skill improves your reading skills.

"So the only way to do stuff is to predict and punish."

wait wat?

"In melee you can always fall back on tech skill and combos. "

huge fallacy there. You really don't understand melee if you think thats true. If it was true, voorheese would be a national level player. sorry voorheese <3 u XD

"Where as Brawl it's mostly all a mental game."

and melee isnt?

"Still melee > brawl."

only part I agree with.

For the record, I think m2k is the only one qualified to compare melee and brawl because he is the only person who is top level for BOTH games. No one else can compare both metagames like he can.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
DEHF? Hugs?

Also, if being top level means all, then I guess we should agree with M2K that DK counters fox on FD and Dreamland.

Also that Puff is the best character in the game.

Me and Hartford actually play both and are respectively skilled in both (at least Jayford in brawl <3), to the point where what we say stuff on either game can be considered viable info. You're kinda bad at Melee and horrible at Brawl. We matter more!

This logic sucks.

Pretty much George, you give the game no chance. Purdue's best Brawl player is basically the Anthony of Brawl (lol), yet you won't even spend a few minutes to just go play him and the others. When Kirk got to play them, he got way more respect for Brawl. Don't talk about the competitiveness of the game if you haven't even made an attempt to at least play a friendly with good players.

If you don't feel like playing, don't, but don't comment on how good/bad something is... that you know nothing about.

Tink

Smash Hero
ive played both at high level, and brawl sucks -_-.......idk howwww u say it has more hype then melee lolll....i went out of brawl when i was still the best player in chicago too -_-....not when i couldnt cut it anymore like most ppl -_-....my input should be supreme 0_0.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ive played both at high level, and brawl sucks -_-.......idk howwww u say it has more hype then melee lolll....i went out of brawl when i was still the best player in chicago too -_-....not when i couldnt cut it anymore like most ppl -_-....my input should be supreme 0_0.
Go to any national event that hosts Brawl/Melee.

Everyone so far, Brawl had bigger crowds and more entrants.

True, you were heavy on brawl and did *** n!ggas up, but you played back when the metagame was wack as hell :p Kirkq and Overswarm winning with ROB, wtf was that lol.
I think it was after some M2K vs Ally match, I remember Anthony admitting brawl got much better and he was considering playing it (of course he never eventually did).

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....ya, i was pre MK era.....i dont see how i would enjoy losing to scrubs that pick up MK and could beat me -_-.

heh, getting a bigger crowd from technicality shouldnt count.....as in, usually melee ends first , and they of course gravitate to brawl finals matches....even at mlgs i would watch halo stuff when melee was done....just happens....but more hype? Genesis anyone? i dont thnk brawl will ever get thattt hyped. *goes to watch some recent brawl apex matches* yaaa...timing high level pros out...get hyped heh

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Genesis had more Brawl entrants.
People didn't leave when M2K was timing out Brood in Apex, but they did during Armada vs Hungrybox.

As for MK, he isn't an autowin character, results already prove that. People who place well with MK deserve it. Name one who doesn't.
There's ALOT of MKs at the both of tourney results, hmm, could those ppl the scrubs ur talking about? :p

Imo, MK = Melee Fox

Jayford

Smash Lord
"Nah, Brawl forces your reading skills to improve because there is no tech skill or combos. "

False that. you are confusing correlation with causation. theres no proof that lack of tech skill improves your reading skills.
Think of it this way. One way I have heard of getting better with Falco is to not use lasers for a while that way you can focus on other aspects of the game play. Brawl takes the ability to overwhelm your opponent with a ton of shuffled moves. This forces you to think more about your approach and how your opponent will respond to your approach options. They are two completely different games, but one can help you with the other.

"So the only way to do stuff is to predict and punish."

wait wat?
The lack of options makes predicting and punishing one of the few ways to get kills and damage.

"In melee you can always fall back on tech skill and combos. "

huge fallacy there. You really don't understand melee if you think thats true. If it was true, voorheese would be a national level player. sorry voorheese <3 u XD
I do understand melee, and tech skill plays a huge part of the game. It gives you more options, and you honestly can't tell me someone shineing the crap out of your shield is using a ton of brain power. When you have a lot of tech skill you can turn one mistake by your opponent into death if you can combo really well. That is much harder to do if you don't have tech skill. Also, look at Kels. <3 u.

"Where as Brawl it's mostly all a mental game."
Your mental game plays a huge part in melee, but your technical skill and the ability to perform certain moves is also key. For example shine out of shield in space animal matches. If you can't do that it's an uphill battle. Brawl doesn't have many technical walls like these and because of that the game is a mental game from te git go.

For the record, I think m2k is the only one qualified to compare melee and brawl because he is the only person who is top level for BOTH games. No one else can compare both metagames like he can.
I hope you are trolling when you say this lmao. If not you need to get your lips off of M2K's dick. He is good, but other people can over insight on what they believe.

ALSO: I suggest you play both games at a competitive level.

Top Bottom