• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I love that not a single post in this thread has anything to do with the up coming tourny or anything really and that we are getting trolled by people who will likely not come to the next tourny. I want to smash tonight Im free after 9 or ten when I get off work.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
why didn't you say this first instead of comparing MK to melee fox?
Exactly .
Because Tink brought up "Brawl is just MK owning everyone".

--------->

I also brought up to idea of "why do Melee players have to randomly hate" much earlier in the discussion then you seem to believe.
I love that not a single post in this thread has anything to do with the up coming tourny or anything really and that we are getting trolled by people who will likely not come to the next tourny.
Date of the next tourney is apparently TBA. Don't you guys need to wait for Anthony meantime? lol

Tink

Smash Hero
lollll....i dont even have to look up tournament results....i can go to that stupid brawl tracker and find out that, outta the TOP 20 brawl players....half, FREAKING HALF, are MK mains -_-.....if we look at the top 20 melee players lollll....we find a wholeee diff situation with fox.

Dart!

Smash Master
look at the top 8s for the last few major melee tournaments....theres like, 1, maybeee 2 foxes up there......now lets look at brawl tournaments lolll...MK reigns supreme in top 8s. everywhere.
also, didnt genesis get well under what they were expecting for melee? i mean, weve had plenty of hugeee melee tournaments heh.

and the m2k thing......i dont get your point...i could see if they were both grand finals sets, sure....but they wernt.....nobody likes watching Hbox play....this is nothinggg new heh. but im sure there was more hype for m2k vs armada(LF) as brood vs m2k(LF)......just because you have a bigger community, doesnt mean its more hype -_-.

but back on topic...this is a melee thread, why we even talking about bawrl <_<?
ive played both at high level, and brawl sucks -_-.......idk howwww u say it has more hype then melee lolll....i went out of brawl when i was still the best player in chicago too -_-....not when i couldnt cut it anymore like most ppl -_-....my input should be supreme 0_0.
lolll....ya, i was pre MK era.....i dont see how i would enjoy losing to scrubs that pick up MK and could beat me -_-.
heh, getting a bigger crowd from technicality shouldnt count.....as in, usually melee ends first , and they of course gravitate to brawl finals matches....even at mlgs i would watch halo stuff when melee was done....just happens....but more hype? Genesis anyone? i dont thnk brawl will ever get thattt hyped. *goes to watch some recent brawl apex matches* yaaa...timing high level pros out...get hyped heh
mk = melee fox? LOLLL woww....cause foxes are constantly winning touranments? cause fox's have no ways to get gimped on recovery?
and i wasnt talking about attendance for brawl, as i assumed you knew -_-, but the major hype it created for melee....ive never seen that much hype for any game other then the finals of evo events -_-.

m2k vs brood? are you kidding me? as a melee player that wasss watching the brawl matches on the stream, i had to shut it off -_-. it was stupid that i had to watch him time out ally -_-. thats first hand experience of how bad it was -_-.

and Hbox lolll...even if it was Hbox vs mango or someone fun to watch, ppl would have walked away....alot of ppl dont like watching hungrybox play....i think it just reminds them of brawl is all -_-.
lol @ midwest melee
Bigger tournaments with more hype then games better than it

Jigglypuff is cool.

You're ********. Do you really have no clue of how the Melee community and smashboards was like before Brawl? The only thing that happened here is that the idiots moved onto the newer game. New kids are obviously going to look at the current game with a bigger scene.

Also these games have ****ing pokemon and Mario in it. You're already immature for playing it.

Lol, but seriously, Smash attracts noobs/idiots in general. Since Brawl is the current game... guess which part of the forums they're gonna go?

And again, if you could, look back at what the forums where like way before Brawl. Hell, look at my old posts.
we were all having a good time, then brawl kids invaded lolllll...the story of melee -_-.
Brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

Apex
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374

Melee
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262154

Nuonn

Smash Cadet
I hate to get involved in stupid arguments especially with semantics but the only fair comparison posted there Dart is the Apex one. Assuming your pointing out the MK vs. fox thing and there it shows out of top 8 MK had 3 fox had 2.

Also can I just say can we stop this argument? A better argument choice would be possibly, someone make Ckit enter into our next regional, and not just in doubles.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Brawl Rankings:
14 MK Heads in the top 20

Apex Brawl:
5 MK heads in the top 10

Apex Melee:
5 Foxes in the top 10, highest placing one was #3, and he uses 3 different characters.

Pound 4 Melee:
2 fox mains in the top 10, 3 players total.

Pound 4 Brawl:
Cant find the results but I know MK placed 2nd.

yep

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Brawl Rankings:
14 MK Heads in the top 20
Takes way too many tournaments into consideration.
I'm more then certain Fox ***** at locals/regions (Event 52, lol?), which is why Tink brought up national tournaments.
lollll....i dont even have to look up tournament results....i can go to that stupid brawl tracker and find out that, outta the TOP 20 brawl players....half, FREAKING HALF, are MK mains -_-.....if we look at the top 20 melee players lollll....we find a wholeee diff situation with fox.
It's not even the top 20 players listed.

Ally isn't even listed and some players are clearly better then others.

Some aren't even active players...

As for top melee mains, most actually do use Fox....

MK isn't auto win, Fox isn't auto win. But they are both the best characters. If you agree, shut up. If you're going to keep talking, prove to me that people can just pick MK and instantly win insane amounts of cash. Overswarm has already failed horribly at that and he is a devoted brawl player.

Apex Brawl:
5 MK heads in the top 10

Apex Melee:
5 Foxes in the top 10, highest placing one was #3, and he uses 3 different characters.

Pound 4 Melee:
2 fox mains in the top 10, 3 players total.

Pound 4 Brawl:
Cant find the results but I know MK placed 2nd.
Looks good to me.

Also Dart, if you're gonna continue about MK vs Fox, why did you even complain about it being brought up lol?

Tink

Smash Hero
loll....i believe judge death is ally nubbb......he plays the exacttt same chars and is #2, so its obv its him -_-.

also, just beacuse m2k plays fox sometimes, doesnt mean it should auto count -_-....he mainly plays with sheik/marth, and rarely plays fox more then either....ally should count as a MK as well if were using thatt logic -_-.

theres not even a reason to compare same tournaments....atleast pound/apex.....i coudl see if both tournies had the same amount of support, but pound was mostly melee, and apex was mostly brawl -_-. thats just how it was hyped....i didnt go tooo apex becuaseee it was mostly brawl hype -_-. i dont see a way to compare them. and we can even see, that where there was more competition for melee, the less foxes made it through -_-...says something.

if you take the biggest/most skilled melee tournament(genesis?) vs the biggest brawl tournament....look at the top 10s at get back to me -_-.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Jesus ... the awp is still lame in CS:S, and 1.6 is still a better game.
It's the same argument from my FPS days ... only now I'm not 16 and it's getting on my nerves.

I think people shouldn't rank the top 8-ish characters.
It just makes other people ***** a whole hell of a lot.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
lol rin 10-10, my *****. lolol source is ****ing awful.

theres only 2 or 3 foxes who would threaten a national tourney and probably end up top 10. Lovage Lucky J-Man.
some will argue PC Chris , but i haven't seen vids lately, Is PC still a national threat? IDK anymore.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
lol rin 10-10, my *****. lolol source is ****ing awful.

theres only 2 or 3 foxes who would threaten a national tourney and probably end up top 10. Lovage Lucky J-Man.
some will argue PC Chris , but i haven't seen vids lately, Is PC still a national threat? IDK anymore.
Ehh, I'll have to disagree with this. Lovage would testify that he probably could not get top 10...even if he's amazing. As far as Fox mains I'd say Lucky, Jman, PC, and CKit(maybe eggm, eggz or sw).

BunBun

Smash Master
Jesus ... the awp is still lame in CS:S, and 1.6 is still a better game.
It's the same argument from my FPS days ... only now I'm not 16 and it's getting on my nerves.
Psh, AWP *****ing is hilarious. Servers ban Autosnipers and AWPs, but leave the best weapons in the game on.

AWPs are only the height of the scrub game. You helped prove that by outsniping pubbers using a Scout =P

Much like Melee, at top levels it all balances out. Ak/M4/Awp/Famas/Deag

Also, much like Melee, good players can run around less good players doing stupid things (m3 =D =D =D =D =D LOL ASSAULT PUBS ARE BAD)

Man Sky, I miss it so bad. It's like a serious yearning to playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

voorhese

Smash Master
i have the hardest time, when i play bad kids...which is funny cuz they compare themselves to good people they have seen beat me/ almost beat me cuz they can get 1-3 stock off usually cuz i cant understand random moves

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fox mains who do well that come to mind:
Dashizwiz, M2K, SW, Eggz, Eggm, Cyrain, Raynex, Cactuar, Colbol, Tec0, Mango, Jman, Lovage, Hazz?, and Lucky.

For M2K and Mango, I'd rather take their word them actually maining these characters rather then anyone else's .. soooo
if you take the biggest/most skilled melee tournament(genesis?) vs the biggest brawl tournament....look at the top 10s at get back to me -_-.
Genesis was upset city. Never will we ever see results like that again.

I still think the best example is Apex.

Also, I think it's funny how you're so intent on proving that MK is used / placing high more since you obviously can't prove:
1) that MK is auto win (it's a fact, he's not)
2) Melee-only players aren't d!cks (apparently they are? :p)
3) Melee has a bigger scene (it's a fact, it doesn't)
... which are pretty much the only things I wanted to prove

My statement "Imo, MK = Fox" started the MK/Fox usage talk, correct? Well, I elaborated on my statement when I said: "MK isn't auto win, Fox isn't auto win. But they are both the best characters. If you agree, shut up. If you're going to keep talking, prove to me that people can just pick MK and instantly win insane amounts of cash. Overswarm has already failed horribly at that and he is a devoted brawl player.", I kinda thought that would end it.

So basically, that's all I meant about MK vs Fox. I looked back and it wasn't me who brought up usage/placement. I soley went as far as saying MK isn't constantly getting 1st, it's true, especially since we're only using national tournaments as an example.

Now, about the rest of the placement/usage ****, I honestly have no clue why I bothered. I already refuted everything else I wanted to comment on and you simply misunderstood my opinion on Fox/MK. Hell, I'll just say I agree with you and I'm right about everything else that I actually give a dammn about lololol.

Which leaves us with this:

When me and Jayford started playing with the Brawl guys, we got them to finally to play Melee and become interested in it's competitive metagame. Before that, they even admitted they thought all Melee players were just *******s and wouldn't bother reaching out. Seeing Brawl players learn Melee = dope, at least to me...

I don't see why people have to divide the communities to such extremes. At one of Inui's Brawl tourneys I went to, I had a freaking crowd of brawl players just watching me, Magus, and Dire playing friendlies and giving props. It's possible for the hate to end lol. I want Melee players to also look good, that's how much I like Melee.
Is that not how Smash players should act? Cause remember, I started arguing only because someone bashed Brawl for no reason.

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
WE ARE AT SKY'S PLAYING THE SMASH, IF YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER BACK, YOU WILL BRING THE RANSOM HERE BY 12 AM.

Also, bring a TV if you come.

(And since you probably have no Idea where he lives, he will come get people reasonably close by.)

Dart!

Smash Master
Fox mains who do well that come to mind:
Dashizwiz, M2K, SW, Eggz, Eggm, Cyrain, Raynex, Cactuar, Colbol, Tec0, Mango, Jman, Lovage, Hazz?, and Lucky.

For M2K and Mango, I'd rather take their word them actually maining these characters rather then anyone else's .. soooo

Genesis was upset city. Never will we ever see results like that again.

I still think the best example is Apex.

Also, I think it's funny how you're so intent on proving that MK is used / placing high more since you obviously can't prove:
1) that MK is auto win (it's a fact, he's not)
2) Melee-only players aren't d!cks (apparently they are? :p)
3) Melee has a bigger scene (it's a fact, it doesn't)
... which are pretty much the only things I wanted to prove

My statement "Imo, MK = Fox" started the MK/Fox usage talk, correct? Well, I elaborated on my statement when I said: "MK isn't auto win, Fox isn't auto win. But they are both the best characters. If you agree, shut up. If you're going to keep talking, prove to me that people can just pick MK and instantly win insane amounts of cash. Overswarm has already failed horribly at that and he is a devoted brawl player.", I kinda thought that would end it.

So basically, that's all I meant about MK vs Fox. I looked back and it wasn't me who brought up usage/placement. I soley went as far as saying MK isn't constantly getting 1st, it's true, especially since we're only using national tournaments as an example.

Now, about the rest of the placement/usage ****, I honestly have no clue why I bothered. I already refuted everything else I wanted to comment on and you simply misunderstood my opinion on Fox/MK. Hell, I'll just say I agree with you and I'm right about everything else that I actually give a dammn about lololol.

Which leaves us with this:

Is that not how Smash players should act? Cause remember, I started arguing only because someone bashed Brawl for no reason.
For the record this whole thing started because you said LOL @ Midwest MELEE
Can't handle it, don't start it.

i posted those threads to actually have some real evidence being shown and would hope it would end the discussion but i was sadly mistaken because people can't stop being butt hurt over the two games.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....this isss a melee thread -_-....no brawl should even been in here in the first place. specially trolled by ppl that arnt in this region anymore -_-.

you said MK=fox first, so i told you why not, and you just johned lollll. i know there was never a serious discussion to ban fox lolll....i think that alone says it all -_-....the onlyyy thing they have in common is their top tier rank....thats all.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
LOL Carl I did have a reason to bash brawl. Its cuz I think it blows!!! But you can't handle that I don't like the game and dont like playing it. Too bad, you can't change my mind. so kindly stop clogging up this thread...

you know, from all the super important posts we usually have.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
For the record this whole thing started because you said LOL @ Midwest MELEE
Can't handle it, don't start it.
Obviously I can handle it if I'm able to defend myself...
Can't read, don't post.
lolll....this isss a melee thread -_-....no brawl should even been in here in the first place. specially trolled by ppl that arnt in this region anymore -_-.
"How Melee players treat Brawl", how is that not relevant info on a Melee thread? I also ALREADY said stuff like this is common in this thread. Once again, this thread basically = "purdue social smash chat".
you said MK=fox first, so i told you why not, and you just johned lollll.
No, I actually just tore you apart so you decided to drift onto something irrelevant to my original point. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
i know there was never a serious discussion to ban fox lolll....i think that alone says it all -_-....the onlyyy thing they have in common is their top tier rank....thats all.
This is the last time I'm gonna say this again:
MK isn't auto win, Fox isn't auto win. But they are both the best characters. If you agree, shut up. If you're going to keep talking, prove to me that people can just pick MK and instantly win insane amounts of cash. Overswarm has already failed horribly at that and he is a devoted brawl player."
^^^^^^^^^^^ That's my opinion on Fox/MK, nothing more, nothing less. Instead drifting off on more irrelevant things, comment on it or shut up.
When me and Jayford started playing with the Brawl guys, we got them to finally to play Melee and become interested in it's competitive metagame. Before that, they even admitted they thought all Melee players were just *******s and wouldn't bother reaching out. Seeing Brawl players learn Melee = dope, at least to me...

I don't see why people have to divide the communities to such extremes. At one of Inui's Brawl tourneys I went to, I had a freaking crowd of brawl players just watching me, Magus, and Dire playing friendlies and giving props. It's possible for the hate to end lol. I want Melee players to also look good, that's how much I like Melee.
^^^^^^^^^^^ Comment on it or shut up.

LOL Carl I did have a reason to bash brawl. Its cuz I think it blows!!! But you can't handle that I don't like the game and dont like playing it. Too bad, you can't change my mind. so kindly stop clogging up this thread...
I don't care if you hate brawl. I care about the image of Melee players and them looking bad for stupid reasons.

urdumb

Dart!

Smash Master
Obviously I can handle it if I'm able to defend myself...
Can't read, don't post.
This is what i'm talking about. you're getting defensive and butt hurt when this should have ended a long time ago.

people need to get in the last word to stroke their E-peen

you could say i'm doing the same thing with this post.

the moment you came into a melee thread taunting melee was the moment you ****ed up. good day sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&NR=1

and here's for whatever rebuttal you have to my post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svC_yqKPKds&feature=related

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
This is what i'm talking about. you're getting defensive and butt hurt when this should have ended a long time ago.
Lol, by defend I meant justify myself and elaborate when another side disagrees.
Hence... an argument? >.<
As for ending a long time ago, what you think I've been trying to do lmao.

It's ******** how you guys are whining "well, you're the one who started it all. You taunted Melee!" after I basically stated "here's what I wanted to discuss and you guys failed to enlighten me on anything... so what else do you want from me?". Like seriously, what are we doing right now lol.

Talk about butt hurt... the moment you guys saw any sort of attack on Melee, you basically forced yourselves into this. Now you realize you ****ed up and don't know what the hell to refute; seems like pulling **** out of your azz is the first thing that comes to mind.
people need to get in the last word to stroke their E-peen

you could say i'm doing the same thing with this post.
Good for you?
the moment you came into a melee thread taunting melee was the moment you ****ed up. good day sir.
Hmm... no comment.

Cool post, the videos were cute :D

Top Bottom