• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS!!

I know, I'm even later than usual, but it's been a hectic week.

Tink-Good job winning singles.

Cosmo-Nice **** in crews. You busted us up!

Darkatma-Too bad first impressions can be a *****, because I probably wouldn't have minded you otherwise. Oh well.

Andale-Our set was mad close! Good stuff in teamzies.

ORLY-OMG, I had to play you like 32432q5 times last weekend, lol. It's always fun though, man. Hopefully you'll continue to come down from time to time. Oh, and if I recall correctly you said that you're 25, right? And you think that's enough to mess with me? Well isn't that cute.

Kirkq-Good set against Dart. Your guys' set was probably the most intense one of the day.

Dart-Heh, isn't it annoying when Kirk's janky-*** crap works on ya? Nice set you guys had. Also, I was trying to find a pic mimicking what you did at Bdubs, but in retrospect, given how the internet can (and did) misinterpret my keyword search for...other stuff, I realize that searching was a bad idea. 0_0

Little England-Don't worry, I'm not going to get used to what happened last week, and I know you aren't either. It's just a shame, really, since you had a good chance at taking this thing. Next time. And thanks again for the hookup at the food court.

Vro-Nice seeing you again. And after seeing that it's apparently common place among Purdue students, I'll never make fun of you again for doubling up on drinks, lol.

Voorcheezie-OMG I hate you. You made everything so much more difficult for me, lol. Nah, good set. You played well and made some pretty pivotal reads that resulted in some nasty shinespikes.

Frosof-We kinda fobbed it up in teams, didn't we? Oh well. At least for once we didn't run into each other this tournament, heh.

GeOrGe!-Sorry if I come off as a **** about certain things. Whether you agree or not, I just feel it's for the best. You know I luv ya.

Pantinthedance-I'm convinced that the side of Cary that your apartment is on is the single most difficult area to get to during a football game. OMG, the things I do for you.

Bees-Dude, just stick with Marth. Whatever novelty you may have with Bowser will no doubt wear off soon, and you'll be stuck with a fobbed up character that you won't be able to do jack with.

Tomacawk-Thanks for the compliment, Luke. It's pretty tough for me to agree with it, but thanks anyway. Also, we didn't play yet again this tourney. :/ Good job in teams.

DeezNutz-Heh, so do you remember anything that happened during the tourney? Also, I had beef jerky today for the first time in like 8 years. I hope you're proud of me.

Reneblade-It was nice to finally meet you, dude. We'll need to make sure to play next time though.

Phil-Nice to meetcha. Hopefully you can make it to another one of these bad boys sometime.

Rintintin-I've come to realize that you are the master of mindgaming me. You trick me into playing like endless teams matches when you know I don't like them, and you also mindgamed me into ordering pesto on our pizza. I just don't get how you do it.:dizzy:

Well, hopefully we can see a lot of returning faces during future SSBO's!

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yo Reneblade, I see GF being uploaded now but Cosmo vs Kirkq is nowhere to be found, please tell me this was recorded lol. It happened right after Kirkq vs Dart

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'd just like to mention I love this game. My tech is still very far from where it needs to be, but it's getting better. I am anxious to try it out against non-cpus, since my tech likes to abandon me at the first sign of pressure.:laugh:

I assume there will be smash friday night... where and what time? I've got a 6:30 in the morning work shift (means I have to get up at 5:30) on sat, so I won't be staying late.

kirkq

Smash Ace
yo Reneblade, I see GF being uploaded now but Cosmo vs Kirkq is nowhere to be found, please tell me this was recorded lol. It happened right after Kirkq vs Dart
Youtube posting: "All but one of the SSBO Bracket Matches are up. i got a few more vids to go, but they'll have to wait for a later day."

Pretty sure he has to split it into multiple videos because it is over 15 min, rofl.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Youtube posting: "All but one of the SSBO Bracket Matches are up. i got a few more vids to go, but they'll have to wait for a later day."

Pretty sure he has to split it into multiple videos because it is over 15 min, rofl.
LOL
oh man that's hilarious
****ing kosmoQ

Lu Bu

Smash Rookie
I'm going to destroy this n00b fest. ONLY FOOLS CHALLENGE THE MIGHTY LU BU!!!!

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I'm going to destroy this n00b fest. ONLY FOOLS CHALLENGE THE MIGHTY LU BU!!!!
Sorry, Lu bu just needs to stick to Dynasty Warriors. Though I am quit intrigued in this silly post. ( ^-^)> Nice to meet you. Since this was your first post, are you a brawl player or melee?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
( ._.) Awwww... I was going to have fun. So, Smashfest on Saturday. Is anyone interested at all? I think the only one that responded to it was Lance.

'Fro

Smash Lord
My turn for that shouting thing we do:

1: Tink: ****ing Wayne....Stop keeping us in suspense by blocking Zelda kicks with your face! But for real, good stuff!
2: Cosmo: I will never play your Zelda as Samus ever again. Never have I been wrecked so completely and utterly.
3: Pink Shinobi (darkatma): Well, what do you know? Good to meet you, and glad your taste in gaming appreciates good stuff (aka Tales of Symphonia)!
4: Andale: Dang..... You got me, man. I usually manage to jank it up against Falcos with my weird Samus, but you locked me out. Good stuff 4-stocking that one kid in crews.
5: ORLY: Get at that bird! See, being a falcon is superior to calling yourself a falcon. More predatory instincts.
5: Kirkq: "Good" he says. Frickin' 'Fro Special TWICE. FML.
7: Goosefactor: My humblest apologies for probably my worst teams performance ever. Good times outside Smash as per usual, though. Also, as you proved before we left to B-Dubs, you're a man and a half. Mad props.
7: Dart: Glad we FINALLY got to play. I'll be planning on some more ways to keep me grounded next time!
9: Giant Britain (Little England): Get Goosed on! :D
But yeah, I will find you so I can practice and learn that Sheik stuff.
9: Vro: Glad to see you and play you again, though I wish you hadn't been so off when we played.
9: Voorhese: ****ING VOORHESE! Keep that head screwed on, dammit! Or install a reset button in your brain so you play the same way all day! Jesus Christ..... But yeah, good showing in singles.
9: 'Fro: You suck. Learn a real character and stop getting stuck in the Screw Attack's vortex.
13: iamthemicrowave: GEORGE! We didn't play, and all I can say is good stuff whooping on us in teams.
13: Danceintheplants (Lanceinthepants): Romance in the Slants is still my favourite.
13: Bees: BRETT! Good showing in pools! Really good stuff!
13: Tomacawk: Slow your *** down against Samus and get her off the ground. Once she's out there, patiently b-air and u-air her 'til she's dead, or u-smash her if you get a chance. Laser as much as necessary.
17: DeeZ NutZ: Whiskey and coke? More like a long island except with whiskey instead of all the other alcohol. AWESOME!
17: Reneblade: Nice to meet you and play you! Thank you so much for the recording set-up!
17: Phil: Sorry you had a bad day in singles.... You were dead tired, though. Hoping to play you next time!
17: Rintintin: SKYLAR! As Jason said, Doc is mediocre, though I do applaud you for all the effort you've been putting in after getting over the Yoshi hump. Keep at it!

Also, I was at the Fighting Game Club callout, and some people there were interested in Smash. I directed them to Smashboards, so hopefully we will have even more people!

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
Bees-Dude, just stick with Marth. Whatever novelty you may have with Bowser will no doubt wear off soon, and you'll be stuck with a fobbed up character that you won't be able to do jack with.
What novelty? I have been playing Bowser longer than I have been playing Marth.

Good sir, you have confused me immensely.

Also I still play Marth.

And Bowser.

TWO CHARACTERS HOLY **** GETTING CRAZY.

Also, anyone up for Smash friday?

Speaking of Bowser, Jason your Bowser has made me realize some very interesting things. Also Klaw is fast, you were right! The way you float around people and use that to set up Klaw is very interesting. Since it's fast, you dont' need to scare people into standing still. You just need a brief pause, and you can mix it up with double jump or waveland stuff to bait out spot dodges. Or land jab/land pause grab. Etc. That is super cool.

The one thing tht worries me about the setup is the that it seems super duper vulnerable to them doing a short hopped aerial. Like, really really vulnerable. You'd have to train them into not jumping into you first. Fortress is usually pretty good for that. Even with the fast startup on Klaw, if they jump into you while starting up Klaw it seems pretty bad for you. I need to see what you did in more detail, since I've been UTilted, and aerialed countless times trying for aerial Klaw in similar seeming spots.

THIS NEEDS TO BE TESTED. I want Bowser frame data.

Also DJNintendo Bowser is...a let down. After watching some vids. There's actually some serious problems with it. For example, he uses Nair WAY too much. He makes me angry. I must dethrone him.

( ._.) Awwww... I was going to have fun. So, Smashfest on Saturday. Is anyone interested at all? I think the only one that responded to it was Lance.
I ARE INTEREST.

HOORAY SMASHFEST.

BOO NO SMASHFEST.

NO SMASHFEST = (._.()

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I ARE INTEREST.

HOORAY SMASHFEST.

BOO NO SMASHFEST.

NO SMASHFEST = (._.()
Hooray smash fest at my place again!
Umm ... if anyone who hasn't been talking to Lance for the past 20 minutes wants to come, give me a ring and we'll try and arrange rides for everyone.

Also ... if someone comes up with a ... more spacious venue, don't be a-fear'd to tell me.
Seriously ... smaaaaaaaaaaal room.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, I was thinking after 5pm or something like that for the smashfest at my place. It gives time to those needing to accomplish things. If there is problems with that, then it is possible that the smashfest isn't the best of interest to be hosting one for the day.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Okay, looks like the smashfest is out of the question. Enjoy your weekend everyone.
=O ... =(

Ah well. I'm up for a repeat of yesterday for anyone who's interested.
I have a few errands to run at the at the moment, but it shouldn't take me more than an hour.

In fact, feel free to start calling me so that I can plan to make fewer trips to-and-from campus.

_kSo_

Smash Master
=O ... =(

Ah well. I'm up for a repeat of yesterday for anyone who's interested.
I have a few errands to run at the at the moment, but it shouldn't take me more than an hour.

In fact, feel free to start calling me so that I can plan to make fewer trips to-and-from campus.
come pick me up while you're out

kirkq

Smash Ace
So who is planning on going to smashing grounds? I'm going to be at my parent's place in Kouts all weekend so I may be going alone. Maybe we can meet on 65 and save gas or something if you guys are coming from West Lafayette. Is anyone going? I'm like 60% on going currently.

Top Bottom