• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I remember beating Galaxy 1, and then beating it again with Luigi, and still wanting more.

I'm not even through with 2 yet but I'm feeling a bit more burned out at this point.
The Green Stars were a burn out point for me. I thought SMG2 was better than 1?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I never finished Galaxy 1 lol. I just got a complete gamesave >.<

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Green Stars were a burn out point for me. I thought SMG2 was better than 1?
You mean to say SMG2 is better than 1 because it's true. =P

I never finished Galaxy 1 lol. I just got a complete gamesave >.<
How far did you get before replace your file? Please tell me you didn't stop around the Purple Coins, the most part of the game. >.<

BSP

Smash Legend
I felt pretty burned out too once the green star challenge started, but I kept going because everyone was talking about the last level, and I really wanted to see the challenge.

Oddly, in Galaxy 1, I didn't really get burned out. I found Luigi's run fun, and it was nice to redo all the stars you probably wouldn't have otherwise done.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I kinda felt burnt out when I found out about the Green Stars too. So I took a 2 week break and got back on it yesterday, lol. I cleaned out World 1 and am now at 138, and its pretty darn fun =D. I question Nintendo's effort in placing a couple of them, though...some can even be seen in the opening cutscene of a galaxy...
Some people think that its stupid that you can hear the Green Stars shine when you're close by, because that sort of takes away from finding them by yourself. They're not wrong, but sometimes you really need that audio cue. Example: 2nd Green Star on the Bowser Jr. level in World 1.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, I kinda felt burnt out when I found out about the Green Stars too. So I took a 2 week break and got back on it yesterday, lol. I cleaned out World 1 and am now at 138, and its pretty darn fun =D. I question Nintendo's effort in placing a couple of them, though...some can even be seen in the opening cutscene of a galaxy...
Some people think that its stupid that you can hear the Green Stars shine when you're close by, because that sort of takes away from finding them by yourself. They're not wrong, but sometimes you really need that audio cue. Example: 2nd Green Star on the Bowser Jr. level in World 1.
Lol the stage where the red pepper is introduced, I would've never found the green star there. (One of them, I won't spoil it) It was so ..... hard to realize.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh yeah. I still consider G2 a better game. It's just after playing Galaxy 1 to death and blasting through most of G2 in a week or so, I'm just burnt out before I could finish it. I'll finish it soon though, I'm sure.

BSP

Smash Legend
Lol the stage where the red pepper is introduced, I would've never found the green star there. (One of them, I won't spoil it) It was so ..... hard to realize.
And then, once you do finally realize where it's at, it takes a good number of tries to actually get to it.

Nintendo didn't slack on the difficulty of this one.

M.K

Level 55
As long as you NEVER retrace your own path, you're fine. It's really easy to avoid them as long as you keep moving around and NEVER cross your path. Chompworks only took me one try.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Flip-Out Galaxy Cosmic Clones took me a while to do, mainly because I had to wall jump at a different pace. >.<

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
I finally beat this game, and Im proud I did. This was alot harder than the first one.

Play time: 41 hours and 58 minutes. xD

Perfert Run took me LONG

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Flip-Out Galaxy Cosmic Clones took me a while to do, mainly because I had to wall jump at a different pace. >.<
Oh my god. I hated that. The Green Stars are even worse.

I finally beat this game, and Im proud I did. This was alot harder than the first one.

Perfert Run took me LONG
How do you check your playtime? I never could find out... >_>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember the hardest one with the cosmic clones is the one with the luma that turns into another planet. Mostly because I had a narrow path to follow and a lot of the time my long jumps wouldn't make it all the way :/

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Sooo, I finally got 120, and am starting the green stars quest. Joy~ :(

I'm sure it's been discussed *just found the thread* but I finally have the soundtrack on my iPod and I'm in love with it :D :D how does everyone feel about the music?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sooo, I finally got 120, and am starting the green stars quest. Joy~ :(

I'm sure it's been discussed *just found the thread* but I finally have the soundtrack on my iPod and I'm in love with it :D :D how does everyone feel about the music?
They redid the Bowser theme from N64, and it is epic beyond words.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Haha, agreeeed! There was a lot that I was happy they incorporated, like that and the Athletic theme from SMW and the Haunted House music from SMW. All familiar music that I loved :D

Patinator

Smash Champion
where did you find it and can I download it to a laptop on a dial-up connection in .mp3 format please I am desperate DX

I'm at about 117... I'm really not looking forward to the speed run for Bowser's Galaxy Generator. :(

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Haha, agreeeed! There was a lot that I was happy they incorporated, like that and the Athletic theme from SMW and the Haunted House music from SMW. All familiar music that I loved :D
The Slider theme from SM64 made it in too.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
where did you find it and can I download it to a laptop on a dial-up connection in .mp3 format please I am desperate DX

I'm at about 117... I'm really not looking forward to the speed run for Bowser's Galaxy Generator. :(
The speed run's not so bad, well imo anyway haha.

I honestly just googled Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack torrent and did it that way. I think if you look up Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack rapidshare you may find one in a .zip format instead of torrent.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
this game is great in soo many ways- it pretty much is the Director's cut of Galaxy, after all. but it's only missing one thing: Poison Mushrooms.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ It's easy. Only hard part is a few Green Stars and the Final two stars.

M.K

Level 55
Going back and finding all the Comet Medals after beating the game. I'm at like....82 stars?

Yeahhh, I don't like having to find the Comet Medal and go ALLLL the way to the end.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Going back and finding all the Comet Medals after beating the game. I'm at like....82 stars?

Yeahhh, I don't like having to find the Comet Medal and go ALLLL the way to the end.
You should've gotten them as you beat each level. Derp D:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I bought this game back in late June, and after finishing my 100% runs through 64, Sunshine, and SMG1, I started it last Sunday. I just got the 120th star and started on the Green Star quest, leaving me with 123 stars as I stop for the night.

Overall, I love SMG2 so far. I can't say it's fully lived up to the hype, but it's been a fun game, and World S was absolutely amazing. The Green Star quest isn't quite what I expected to come after the first half of the game, but it certainly seems interesting (I say that now, watch me get frustrated and loathe it in a week, haha).

I must say, though, as logical as the concerns of this game being like SMG1 DLC seemed, I find myself shying away from even trying to call one better because they play so differently. They're not all that different, but for some reason I've found that the entire environment of SMG2 feels different -- and this is coming from someone who was just playing Galaxy 1 within a week before I started Galaxy 2. I can't say I like the soundtrack as much -- call me crazy, but I haven't enjoyed much of the music except for all of the nostalgic tracks (especially Buoy Base's music, my favorite music from Galaxy 1) and the final level's music -- but I'm thoroughly impressed by Galaxy 2 overall. Even though I've gotten as far as I have in little more than a week, the difficulty has definitely been upped from Galaxy 1.

I have to applaud Nintendo on a job well done, because Galaxy 2 not only inspired me to go back and re-experience and re-evaluate the other 3D Mario adventures, but it's been a great game in and of itself so far.

M.K

Level 55
Melty.Monster.Galaxy

Best music in the whole game.
Honestly one of my favorite galaxies.

My favorite galaxies include:

1) Slimy Spring Galaxy
2) Chompworks Galaxy
3) Melty Monster Galaxy
4) Cosmic Cove Galaxy
5) Rolling Coaster Galaxy

<333333

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The galaxy itself was fun imo but the music is amazinggggggggg.

I think one of my favorite galaxies was Puzzle Plank Galaxy.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Melty Monster was a pretty cool galaxy, but the music didn't stand out that much to me.

Slimy Spring is definitely my favorite galaxy, though. It was beautiful throughout and then at the very end...I loved it.

Rolling Coaster was amazing, and so was Twisty Trials. Twisty Trials would've been PERFECT if they had played the original music from Sunshine there.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Listen to the track alone by itself. It's absolutely epic, imo anyway :o

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Perfert Run took me LONG
Wow, that is a pretty long time. >.<

My first run in this game took me 28:22:52, though I did die 304 times because I rush too much. XD

XACE-K

Smash Master
Rolling Coaster was amazing,
Just curious, am I the only one who was disappointed by Rolling Coaster's music? The mission name says "Rolling Down the Rainbow Road" (or something similar), yet the music isn't that of rainbow road.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just curious, am I the only one who was disappointed by Rolling Coaster's music? The mission name says "Rolling Down the Rainbow Road" (or something similar), yet the music isn't that of rainbow road.
It was weird. I was expecting Rainbow Road music too lol

Top Bottom