• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

john!

Smash Hero
there was so much fanservice in this game

not just the music, i mean you could ride yoshi like the old 2-d games... and the world map... and throwback galaxy...

the dev team seemed like they had a lot of fun with this game :D

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just curious, am I the only one who was disappointed by Rolling Coaster's music? The mission name says "Rolling Down the Rainbow Road" (or something similar), yet the music isn't that of rainbow road.
Oh no, not at all, especially with how much I love Rainbow Road's music. I was incredibly disappointed that they didn't carry the music over.

(Yes, my love for its music was at least partially inspired by this.)

Just wondering if this happened to anyone? XD
That didn't happen to me...but Yoshi has started to bug the crap out of me. While getting the green stars on Hightail Falls I landed on the gates on the wall multiple times and Yoshi just sat there RUNNING INTO THE WALL, still in hot-pepper-mode.

I got so fed up with him running into walls that I actually threw him off a cliff every time he did it. I just jumped off the edge and then jumped off of Yoshi and got back to the platform.

No, it didn't really accomplish anything, but it made me feel satisfied.

I must say, Galaxy 2 has incited much dislike of Yoshi on my part. Electricity and fire make him automatically disintegrate into an egg, he likes running into walls, and if you get hit, he runs around and cries off cliffs. He's beginning to get on my nerves. I still like Yoshi in general, but he can be irksome sometimes.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You know what's weird? After the second player clicks Yoshi with the Wiimote, he runs as if he got hit. Anyone notice that?

BSP

Smash Legend
My god, Mario and Luigi take DAYS to get up lol. I remember galaxy one on the dreadnaught's purple coins. Hit by one canonball, you're down for like five seconds lol.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
YES.

I finally beat Galaxy 2 a short while ago. The Perfect Run was so hard, but it was the good kind of difficulty, where you feel like you're the one with the shortcomings and it's not the game being glitchy or whatever, so you can still have fun while losing. Although I will admit long-jumping into a wall and falling into the abyss on the final part and having a Hammer Bro throw a hammer right into my face were incredibly annoying.

It took me a ridiculous amount of lives -- around 115. I actually kept track of my lives in the first two segments I attempted it in, then I was so overjoyed from beating it that I forgot to check my lives before I quit -- it was around 66, though, so added to the prior 82 lives spent, it winds up at 115.

Oh, and the music of The Perfect Run was amazing. The first time I got to the final part and heard Galaxy 1's final boss level music playing I was overwhelmed by the awesome.

Final playtime: 40:29:55.

SMG2 was so amazing.

finalark

SNORLAX
**** you Shimazu, I wish I had your OCD

I'm able to complete a game half way through before I get bored -_-
It's alright, I used to be like that when I was just a little younger. These days the only games I don't finish are ones that are so bad that I don't even care to see them to the end.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm having a blast playing through this game. I didn't get very far in SMG1 before I got bored, but this one feels so much better to me.

Only 23 stars in or something. It's getting better and better.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This game is probably one of the only few I get bored with if I start a new file and try to start from scratch again, and conversely, I stay interested if I keep playing the same file and break old speed records. It's a weird feeling, as I never hesitate to start SM64 anew.

Beat Block Galaxy is still fantastic after these two months.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
This game is probably one of the only few I get bored with if I start a new file and try to start from scratch again, and conversely, I stay interested if I keep playing the same file and break old speed records. It's a weird feeling, as I never hesitate to start SM64 anew.

Beat Block Galaxy is still fantastic after these two months.
same for me. i accidentally deleted the file and i don't feel like getting to world 3 right now.

§leepy God

Smash Master

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Is it just me, or do the controls in this game suck?
It must be you, and probably some random people trying to bash SMG2 to make thier own game they love so much to be precieved better. (of course, I'm not accusing you of the sort)

It's a playstyle that you have to get used to at first, and certainly one that hasn't been used in other titles, and platformer games in general. The only control problem pertaining to this series was Gateway's Purple Coins, also as the Red Star mission, in Super Mario Galaxy. The angling during flight was so wack by comparison of how the style of SMG funcioned.

Maybe you're not alone in this forum, but there's going to be plenty of users that think otherwise...

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
I just don't like to set up at all...

I would have perfered the GC controler to be usable, but that would render the game unplayable, so. Yeah.

Here is a Example of how bad I am: Its hard to stomp on enemys.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Long Jump would be a problem for the GC controller. x_x

On another note, it's really really hard to decide which is the best soundtrack in the game. I lesson to every soundtrack, and I can only think of twenty songs that's should be on the number one spot of best sound track of all time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The best music in the game is probly Melty Monster Galaxy.

It screams bad***.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fluzzard Flight, World 1 (120 stars), World 3, World 4, or Supermassive Galaxy for best songs for me. Something about ambience gets to me - and Supermassive is just Supermassive.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The best music in the game is probly Melty Monster Galaxy.

It screams bad***.
THIS THIS THIS YES! :D haha man it's such an epic song.

Also, I actually like the Wii mote/nunchuck with it, idk...I've had some frustrations but not enough for me to say it was a bad set up or unusable.

I'm at 230 btw, only 10 more to go (technically).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lol, the rainbow road song was funny. Turns out I did like 80 times on the last star, did some counting. So ridiculous...

BSP

Smash Legend
First star of the game is my favorite msuic, so I guess the theme of Galaxy 2. I like all the ones sonic storm mentioned too.

Gotta love the cosmic clone music too, even though they are really annoying.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hightail Falls, Beat Block, and Space Storm Galaxy is my favorite soundtrack in the game. The song where you get Fire Mario is also my favorite. <3

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm... I'd go with Sky Station and Melty Monster for my favorite tracks. ...That is, excluding the music from SMG1. :p

I'm finally getting it done (thanks to a guide ;-;)... 205 so far. Bwah, I can't wait to get to the last galaxy.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
There are issues with the control that I do have. Such as when the gravity changes the camera shifts to an unnatural state. Sometimes it doesn't register with the controls and things get reversed for a moment before it gets recognized.

I'm unsure whether I want to go on with the game after 120 stars. Are the green stars butt-hurt hard?

Patinator

Smash Champion
I'm unsure whether I want to go on with the game after 120 stars. Are the green stars butt-hurt hard?
Personally, I don't think so. You just need some good ears and eyes, and some smarts, to find them. If anything, you could do what I did and find a guide. ^^' 'Sides, may as well beat the game totally.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ agreeed, even when I didn't have my volume on I was able to locate them. Getting them though it sometimes a ***** given the angles (only the ones you can't really see the shadow underneath).

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, the squizzard fire theme is really cool too. Sounds really festive.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, green Stars aren't goal based, like the golden stars?

I just gotta find them. Eh, seems easy enough.

But i still have other games to play . . . But this is so good though . . . . :(

Top Bottom