• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I'm at 215 stars. Going to be beating this tommorow probably. Here are my thoughts:

The Green Stars can be very annoying
This game is relatively difficult

10/10.

Can't wait for 241/242

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah I am and will. I'm ocd perfectionist like that. I want this done so I can start Baten Kaitos XD.

Edit:

@228

Edit 2: On the final star......

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm replaying Galaxy and Galaxy 2 at the moment. I noticed how when you play Luigi, the other Luigi color is darker than the playable Luigi. O_o

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm still stuck on Cyclone Stone. e_e I'd be grateful for some tips...
The time control is really good there. Slow it down at every opportunity and MOVE.
Also, make sure you watch the patterns of the moving blocks and memorize the safe spots. If you can long jump to skip a section without missing a silver star, do it.

Patinator

Smash Champion
The time control is really good there. Slow it down at every opportunity and MOVE.
Also, make sure you watch the patterns of the moving blocks and memorize the safe spots. If you can long jump to skip a section without missing a silver star, do it.
I see... thank you. Is there any optimum particular order for the silver stars?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
K so..do I just suck?

On the final star and I can't seem to get it.

Part 1/2/3/5 are easy

4 is pretty **** hard, and 6 is just nerve wrecking. Tips?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I was like that at your age.

FFXI changed me, play an mmo and it overwhelms you.

lol.. Overwhelm... maxed it out, god the memories.

Anyways back on topic, I took a break to write OoT review (on blog) and now I'm doing better, but I'ma sleep soon. Tommorow it shall be bested!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
K so..do I just suck?

On the final star and I can't seem to get it.

Part 1/2/3/5 are easy

4 is pretty **** hard, and 6 is just nerve wrecking. Tips?
If you play your cards right on part 3, you can reach the launch star with 1 or 2 clouds remaining, which can make part 4 much more manageable. Taking your time and waiting for the breaks in the shockwaves before advancing works wonders to getting through safely. The leftover clouds from part 3 are best used at the end, when you are being bombarded by flaming coconuts in addition to dealing with the shockwaves/tiles. Of course, saving your clouds means you won't be able to flip the tiles without using one up, but good long-jumping makes this a non-issue.

The end of part 6 is tricky, but waiting for the hammer bros. to throw their hammers before jumping across gaps helps a lot. They're easy to avoid when you're grounded. The bros. are really vulnerable when they jump; simply spin attack them when they land to KO them with very little risk.

Hope this helps.

:005:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If you play your cards right on part 3, you can reach the launch star with 1 or 2 clouds remaining, which can make part 4 much more manageable. Taking your time and waiting for the breaks in the shockwaves before advancing works wonders to getting through safely. The leftover clouds from part 3 are best used at the end, when you are being bombarded by flaming coconuts in addition to dealing with the shockwaves/tiles. Of course, saving your clouds means you won't be able to flip the tiles without using one up, but good long-jumping makes this a non-issue.

The end of part 6 is tricky, but waiting for the hammer bros. to throw their hammers before jumping across gaps helps a lot. They're easy to avoid when you're grounded. The bros. are really vulnerable when they jump; simply spin attack them when they land to KO them with very little risk.

Hope this helps.

:005:
My only problem is part 6. The hammer bros are a pain, but then I get hit by a boomerang or something...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ someone told me via e-mail that you can duck to avoid the boomerangs. haven't tried it out myself but it's worth a shot. let me know if it works.
I just jumped ontop of them.

I BEAT THE GAME 100% YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

I am so happy now. That was by far the hardest 3D platforming stage I've ever played to date... dang.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just jumped ontop of them.

I BEAT THE GAME 100% YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

I am so happy now. That was by far the hardest 3D platforming stage I've ever played to date... dang.
I hate you. I'm still at the slide level in world S

Yeah... I love how the music there though. Nostalgic.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yes. And it looks so much easier than it actually is on youtube.

The first three parts are fairly easy, the fourth can be annoying, and the fifth is easy. But the last part is pretty annoying. And no checkpoints just frustrate you more and more.

Died 860 deaths in my play through, lol.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea, better stock up on lives before you do the last mission lol :laugh:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So is the Grandmaster Galaxy just one level that you play through once normally, and then again without getting hit?
Yep, and prepare to die 20+ times on your first attempt. If you get through without dieing on the comet, you are a hero.
And see Rosalina on Mario's Ship and to see your death count as a prize

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That reminds me. what the hell is the point of having 1-ups anymore? They are pointless. You can collect like 30 of them but once you turn the system off you get them all taken away. And a game over means absolutely nothing, outside of having to select your level again.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
I know. 1-Ups seem almost useless when there's no penalty for a game over. What else diminishes their value is the fact that there's way too many of them. You can effin' get like 30 lives before you even leave the Starship Mario, and then even more in an actual level :/
But I guess Nintendo figures you need as many as you can get for this game...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's faster to have 40-50 lives on the perfect run than go back each time after 10 game overs, that's why.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This game was waaay to generous with 1-ups. Also, the game felt a bit repetative finding those green stars. And I still wanted the game to be more challenging, but that's just me.
The Yoshi flutter glitch also proved to be a flaw: "Hump Yoshi for uber flying abilities"

Other then that, this game was balls-off-the-walls amazing!

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say it was a bad game. I actually suffer minor withdrawals when I'm not playing >w<. It just initially felt weird for 1-Ups to be that abundant in a Mario game without doing some kind of 99 lives glitch.

BSP

Smash Legend
Aha... finally I beat Cyclone Stone Galaxy. e.e; I'm up to like 97 stars right now. ...Man, you guys are so much better than me. XD;
Keep on working at it. You'll feel satisfied once you get them all. Stone cyclone almost gave me a game over lol.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Keep on working at it. You'll feel satisfied once you get them all. Stone cyclone almost gave me a game over lol.
Me too. I decided to hit the ever-handy power button instead. :p

Up to 105... Kind of stuck on the getting the Comet Coin in the second Fluzzard mission. I'm also having difficulty on the tree slide, Rainbow Coaster, and Upside Dizzy purple coin challenges.

...I hate to ask again, but... a bit of assistance? ^^;

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ use my faq lol. or use one of the others on gamefaqs. they all have different strategies for stuff.
I used your Faq without realizing it John. Not much though, but there were bits and pieces that I couldn't figure out sometimes.

I miss playing this game, oddly enough.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I used your Faq without realizing it John. Not much though, but there were bits and pieces that I couldn't figure out sometimes.

I miss playing this game, oddly enough.
I remember beating Galaxy 1, and then beating it again with Luigi, and still wanting more.

I'm not even through with 2 yet but I'm feeling a bit more burned out at this point.

Top Bottom