• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

Melfice z

Smash Ace
I went through the whole yellow star portion in only 3 active days playing, and then after like 20greenies i just dropped it alltogether :/ am i the only one dissapointed with the green stars?

but i must...still...play...grandmaster :bee:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I was expecting to actually have to go through 120 new challenges for my Green Stars, so how they really did it was sort of a relief to me.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
in the back of my mind i was thinking "really... how could they cram 120 more ideas into these tiny lil planets??" This hot-cold-warm system is a little bit less dynamic than the original 120 though :/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My feeling was they would've over done it. 7 Worlds with many galaxies was very creative and innovative, and having the green stars placed all throughout those worlds was a good idea. It makes you learn the stage well to know where they all are. Also, 6 new worlds or completely new challenges would've overdone it too me.

I'd rather have 2~3 Good stars with 2~3hidden ones than 2~3 good stars with 2~3 meh ones. (I have a feeling even Nintendo would get lazy at that point)

§leepy God

Smash Master
Oh wow, I'm guessing the reviews complain that this game feels the same, lol. I don't mind getting at least below Galaxy, (though Galaxy 2 is much better), if Galaxy 2 get's below GTA4, then a lot of rebels will come.

M.K

Level 55
I hate Flipsville Galaxy. The ****...digging Purple Coin Speed run was so tedious. It kept me away from this game for like...a week >_>,

Anyways, Chompworks and Starshine Beach were AMAZING!!!! I absolutely loved both of them!! Chompworks was....so much fun!! Best level in the game so far.

I'm at like...50 or 51 stars.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So... Green Stars </3 (Heart with a /)

I looked everywhere, couldn't find it in the Mad Dash Galaxy (or w/e it's called, when you get the red pepper for the first time)

The second one kept eluding me, finally I see it

I jump.

I fall.
Repeat 3 more times.

I almost get to it. Wii mote dies and I barely miss it. D=

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So... Green Stars </3 (Heart with a /)

I looked everywhere, couldn't find it in the Mad Dash Galaxy (or w/e it's called, when you get the red pepper for the first time)

The second one kept eluding me, finally I see it

I jump.

I fall.
Repeat 3 more times.

I almost get to it. Wii mote dies and I barely miss it. D=
1st one: You get the Pepper and go up the left side. Grab the 2nd one and keep going up. It's by the elder Penguin.
It took time for me to find the 2nd one.
The 3rd one took a little bit since it was almost out of reach.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
1st one: You get the Pepper and go up the left side. Grab the 2nd one and keep going up. It's by the elder Penguin.
It took time for me to find the 2nd one.
The 3rd one took a little bit since it was almost out of reach.
First one is easy, third one is easy. The one to the left of the Comet Medal took forever. I kept not being far enough up or down and falling to my doom.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was disappointed with Throwback Galaxy. It's one of the most boring SM64 levels that they decided to use.

And they even took away the owl that hangs out in the tree in the start!
I think Bob-Omb Battlefield would cause more nostalgia.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I was disappointed with Throwback Galaxy. It's one of the most boring SM64 levels that they decided to use.

And they even took away the owl that hangs out in the tree in the start!
Hell, it wouldn't have mattered as much if they actually let you OPEN UP the cannons :/

They even took out the floating islands didn't they?

And yeah, I'd heard of this galaxy near the beginning of the game when somebody mentioned it, but I assumed they'd use Bomb-Omb Battlefield instead...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It was pretty cool, but the Delfino Galaxy made me realize how much I didn't appreciate SMS.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I thought when I saw "Flash Black Galaxy" I thought it said "Flash Back Galaxy" and was like "Big Boo's Haunt?"

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm @150ish now I think, Majoras' Mask is rerailing me. Green Stars are fun stuff, I won't lie. I was hoping coins served a better purpose, but still... Star bits are so fun to collect. @7.8k. =]

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The physics on the galaxy in World S with the turning cogs from Sunshine are soooooo horrible. Slipping and sliding off all the time.

Got all 120 stars. Gotta fight Bowser again to get the Green stars right?

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Ive had no real problem with this whole game... no more than 3 deaths anywhere!
and yesterday i burned 40+ lives trying to beat the perfect run o_o

would you say its a problem every couple of hours i think im hearing a green star somewhere in the background? (irl though :chuckle:)

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ive had no real problem with this whole game... no more than 3 deaths anywhere!
and yesterday i burned 40+ lives trying to beat the perfect run o_o

would you say its a problem every couple of hours i think im hearing a green star somewhere in the background? (irl though :chuckle:)
I had that problem for a couple days after the game. Now that I'm thinking about it, I swear I can hear one like it's above my fridge or something...:laugh:

It goes away after a while. Everyone, remember to take regular breaks when playing a video game.

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
If you get all 241 stars, a comet medal, and 9999 star bits in Banktoad you'll unlock the final star in Grandmaster Galaxy. It is called "The Perfect Run", where you cannot get hit. Also there are no checkpoints.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I love Galaxy 2. Music is incredible (Although it seems like there are fewer good songs in the game compared to Galaxy 1 :s), the game is fun, a bit harder than SMG1 which has frustrated me at some points. XD; ...For example, right now. Cyclone Stone Galaxy makes me want to murder newborn puppies with a rusty, serrated piece of lead e_e

Other than that, great game. XD;

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
SMG2 is easier than SMG1 in terms of the actually plot and first run at it.

And how the **** do you get Green Star 3 on the Beach level. **** makes me mad :mad:

Melfice z

Smash Ace
I was looking for that star forever!!! i scoured every single inch of that terrain and found nothing!

its.... highly above the round buoy with the trampoline on top

...ever find it serin?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah I always knew where it was and I already got it. I was overthinking ****, then realized this is a kid's game and did the obvious.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Lol the games codes are the same as the galaxy 1 codes.
I'm guessing its because it has almost the same engine.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
So I have to fight the piranha thing AGAIN?! And then again for the comet version and then another two times for the two green stars? Did they put any thought into that when they made the game?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I miss flying around that starship with flying Mario/Luigi from SMG1 :L

I wish they had put that back in the game.

§leepy God

Smash Master
So I have to fight the piranha thing AGAIN?! And then again for the comet version and then another two times for the two green stars? Did they put any thought into that when they made the game?
The green stars in that Galaxy did seem like they didn't go to too much trouble and just put the green stars on the spots where you can easily get them. The comet one pulled a good challenge... we are talking about Boss Blitz Galaxy right? ^_^;

Top Bottom